Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Uh they just spoiled Relentless Rats that are a lord for Relentless Rats that cheat more Relentless Rats into play.

So, 36 Croco-Sharks 4 Pumpkin Witch Seer of the Blue Moon. Turn one, 1 shark facedown. Turn two 2 facedown. Turn 3, play a Crocoshark from hand, flipping the 3 Croco-sharks from standby and put 3 Croco-sharks from hand into play. You have 7 1400/1400 on turn 3. Alternatively, play Pumpkin Witch from hand and you have 6 1200/1200s with haste and a turn 3 kill.

This is it. This is the deck. I didn't think they could top R&R but this seems more unbeatable than anything I have seen in a card game.

Also holy poo poo that is going to be one expensive uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It costs 2 to play something to the standby area though, doesn't it? So turn 3 you're getting three into play that way.

Plus, weren't relentless rats already a lord for relentless rats?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The real trick is to play Kaguya 1.0 and lay them down for 1 each. Then on turn three, play pumpkin witch for lethal.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Which one is Kaguya 1.0? None of the Kaguyas I can find let you do that.

Plus doesn't Grimm cluster rotate out soon from that one announcement regarding tournaments?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Randalor posted:

Plus doesn't Grimm cluster rotate out soon from that one announcement regarding tournaments?

Seer of the Blue Moon is the Ruler side.

Kaguya is the J-Ruler.

It's the one that has no stats and can't do combat.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Randalor posted:

Yeah, it's Seer of the Blue Moon. Mostly used for laying down standbys for 1 and nothing else.

And it's only AGP tournaments (ones officially hosted by the FoW Company). ARGs still include Grimm and locals are whatever.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Randalor posted:

Ramos posted:

The real trick is to play Kaguya 1.0 and lay them down for 1 each. Then on turn three, play pumpkin witch for lethal.

A big flaming stink posted:

So, 36 Croco-Sharks 4 Pumpkin Witch Seer of the Blue Moon...Alternatively, play Pumpkin Witch from hand and you have 6 1200/1200s with haste and a turn 3 kill..

cmon guys you dont need to repeat everything, especially when its not a difficult strategy to figure out (though somehow FoW development didn't see this coming yet again.

Card is legit going to need to be banned

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Eh, doubtful. That update also included a decent board wipe, Arla's bow has application again (and Arla himself), Prison the Lunar Lake has application, 1001 Stories, etc. If anything, I'm hoping this makes a big wave so we can move off all of the Alice's World and Red in the competitive scene.

Also, fair point about the repetition.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

cmon guys you dont need to repeat everything, especially when its not a difficult strategy to figure out (though somehow FoW development didn't see this coming yet again.

Card is legit going to need to be banned

I'm sorry I asked for clarification because I forgot Seer of the Blue Moon flipped into Kaguya? The J-Ruler side only deals with Treasury cards, so a cursory Google search showed several flavors of Kaguya, but none that dealt with stealth cards.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ramos posted:

Eh, doubtful. That update also included a decent board wipe, Arla's bow has application again (and Arla himself), Prison the Lunar Lake has application, 1001 Stories, etc. If anything, I'm hoping this makes a big wave so we can move off all of the Alice's World and Red in the competitive scene.

Also, fair point about the repetition.

Arla's bow and Prison only answer a tiny part of the threat; you Absolutely must have Interdimensional Escape on turn 3, and if you lose the coin toss, you lose the match. Plus, the sharks can play around Escape by just playing more chant standbys instead of going for it. 1001 Stories does not remove the sharks from the board or the chant-standby, so you can simply play more and more crocs until a pumpkin witch kills through 1001 Nights.

Seriously, this is an incredibly consistent strategy that you must have the answer for on the spot, or you die. And only 1 answer is actually good against other decks.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 9, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, but Artemis is still universally available and also debating levels of competitiveness before spoilers are done.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ha! Typos.

http://fowtcg.com/news/battle-for-attoractia-preview-article-7-the-fight-for-freedom/

Notably, we got a red Narcomoeba. And Wheel of Fortune. And Flametongue Kavu. And Goblin Dark Dwellers.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
So my area is apparently Alice Cluster only; if I wanted to get into this game with a cheap/competitive deck, what deck should I look toward? (I am blind and can't seem to track down relevant decklists.)

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Fairies, cheap and above average in Alice only.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

numerrik posted:

Fairies, cheap and above average in Alice only.

I was debating putting something about that, but Fairies was exactly what I had been told. Any chance someone can throw me a decklist? I've googled a bunch but am having trouble finding any Alice only lists.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
Any goon who happens to be at AGP Charlotte come say hi to me at the score keepers desk.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Totally missed that message and would have done so if I knew. I got eleventh place though at the AGP.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
Well, I'm sure we interacted at some point. I was also HJ of the ARG if you did that. Good times in Charlotte... Vegas was the biggest clusterfuck though.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, good times. And ha ha, Vegas. Among other things, apparently someone switch the computer system's language to Japanese, screwing up the standings and forcing the standings to need to be reentered, resulting in a several hour longer swiss round. Top 8 then had a three hour round 1 and no one called slow play warnings. Also some other finalist had to leave for a plane ride. And then there was a rock band that made it almost impossible for the players to hear each other without shouting.

At least from what I've heard.

And here's our important spoiler card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is this new set gonna have a cute playmat to go with it? My friends and I have pretty much stopped playing FOW cuz we devote all our energy into playing and painting x-wing now but we still love the colorful, lurid art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ramos posted:

Yeah, good times. And ha ha, Vegas. Among other things, apparently someone switch the computer system's language to Japanese, screwing up the standings and forcing the standings to need to be reentered, resulting in a several hour longer swiss round. Top 8 then had a three hour round 1 and no one called slow play warnings. Also some other finalist had to leave for a plane ride. And then there was a rock band that made it almost impossible for the players to hear each other without shouting.

At least from what I've heard.

And here's our important spoiler card.

I feel like this is yet another card that will finally slay the R/R menace, but those two seem to be the least effected by the spell (well them and Tree). Because there is an endless amount of parasitism in FoW's design, alot of decks need their ruler to function at all. So, the Kaguya bunny deck is dead on arrival, Lumia and Lapis can go right in the trash. Hell, R/R is the one ruler that can preemptively search for an answer to this thing! (the refuge or whatever it's called).

Sometimes it seems FoW is making all the mistakes that Magic's design team made, except in hyperspeed. At this rate I might have to start calling R/R Necropotence.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 18, 2016

• Locked thread