Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JT Jag posted:

The Witcher 2 has seen a full, excellent LP by VivaVizer, which I'm vaguely surprised hasn't been added to the LP archive. The Witcher 1 saw a few abortive LPs that ended at the same place. The Witcher 3 would be an extremely difficult LP because it is loving huge, especially if you want to show off the side content.

A pair of swole dudebros tried to day-1 facecam LP The Witcher 3, but they got laughed off of SA for... literally all the nouns and adjectives in this sentence.

Psion posted:

Speaking of which, please save Fist. He's got the best ME2 scene.

You know, this is the first time I've ever heard of this. I usually play a 75/25 Paragon Shep and every single time, I always kill Fist. Because :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I had one of those for lunch today. They're just the worst awful poo poo, but they taste stoooooo good :burger:

I saw a convention panel video where Sirtis like flat out said she couldn't remember even doing Mass Effect, but I honestly don't blame her. Benezia's practically a bit part in ME1 anyway. She was just there to be the game's big-name guest star. At least by the time ME2 and ME3 rolled around BioWare was able to make better use of their named talent.

It's also weird as hell to see Mass Effect 1 with PlayStation button prompts after playing it exclusively on the Xbox and PC for years.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

I seem to recall that Saren's character model isn't supposed to have him covered in robotics just yet but Bioware didn't have time to give him a non robo model or something along those lines.

Which makes the Council scene in a little while highly amusing, as the Council defends Saren when he's standing there with glowing blue robotic eyes and plastered in Geth technology.

The cover of one of the Mass Effect tie-in novels shows him without all the Geth/Reaper tech sprouting out of him. But yeah, I was always a little surprised that no one went and tried to mod a non-indoctrinated version of Saren into the PC Mass Effect. I guess unlike KotOR or Dragon Age, the Mass Effect games were very mod unfriendly on PC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Turians probably think that a human that can't tell the difference between a male and female of their species is just as big of an idiot, because god, you just have to look at the crest, it's so obvious

You humans are all racist!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bobfly posted:

Was he massively cooler than Ashley in that game? Please elaborate.

Not really...?

He becomes a romanceable option for Shepards of either gender in 3. I never went that route with him, however, so I don't know if his role as an LI for a male Shepard adds anything really new to his character. It certainly didn't add anything new for a female Shepard romance. Although it did allow me to play a hilarious dickmove as FemShep by romancing Kaidan in the first game, romancing Thane after he dumped her in 2, and then make them hospital buddies in 3 so they could trade stories about what an awful girlfriend I was to both of them.

The only new thing I remember learning about Kaidan in ME3 was that he was Canadian. And that really didn't impress me all that much because Shepard themself is implied to be Canadian too, so it just felt like Kaidan was becoming too much of an "oh! me too!" character at that point.

Ashely, on the other hand, has a bunch of really funny scenes with Shepard and Vega in 3 and really mellows the gently caress out after Mars. In the end, I'd actually say she's the stronger character of the two, Space Racism and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

My Q-Face posted:

:wth: Is this a thing that actually happens, or is it just what you imagined happened?

More or less. You can ask Thane to look over Kaidan while he's comatose and flat out say "yeah, that's my ex, by the way." And there are like consecutive scenes with Thane and Kadain once Kaidan wakes up that are basically "so... you hosed that guy" scenes.

You can even hook back up with Kaidan while Thane is still alive. Its hilariously awkward and lovely of Shepard and because Thane and Kaidan are both such dogged nice guys, they both just let her steamroll over both of them.

• Locked thread