Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andou
Jun 12, 2014

SubponticatePoster posted:

After that almost any game would be a walk in the park. The only comparable game out right now would be the Witcher, and there's probably a good reason nobody's LP'd it :haw:

Color me curious, why has no one LP'ed The Witcher? Janky controls? Eastern European folklore being to foreign? Geralt being a curmudgeon?.

About ME1, I just console commanded that geth insta-death weapon since combat was even harder to put up with than Morrowind's imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andou
Jun 12, 2014
I agree, it is also nice that they don't shove it all down your throat in the narrative. No "Hey! look how fleshed out our game is! Look at how we went into tiny details about things you might not care about!". I enjoyed reading about the different species and their relations with each other on my own time, because game fluff should be optional to the gamer but available in the game. World building is cool, yo.

Andou
Jun 12, 2014
I'm always a fan of "they did the math" or "they did the science" with anything. It's fascinating, xkcd does a lot of these with common idioms.

Andou
Jun 12, 2014

RickVoid posted:

Garrus and Tali.

Agreed.

• Locked thread