Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, would we rather have Command or Armory back online first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Metos posted:

I can hit weapons control twice including with your reroll if we didn't want to XO forward.

Also have a repair now.

Why Weapons Control once when I can Main Batteries or CIC myself?

Toshimo posted:

Also, would we rather have Command or Armory back online first?

Command, I think.

Cocks? Arivia? Should I trust the President?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Some Numbers posted:

Command, I think.

Cocks? Arivia? Should I trust the President?

I play a convincing toaster, but even I'm not so convincing that I'd Change of Plans right before I revealed.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Tory has played pretty pro-human as far as I can tell.

Besides, Toshimo can't be a cylon every game! :v:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Some Numbers posted:

Uh, because its heavy raiders we're concerned about? Not normals?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this turn a 'Lets kill the heavy raiders since we can't jump before we have more problems' turn? Not a 'repair armoury since they're not on board yet' turn.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Metos posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this turn a 'Lets kill the heavy raiders since we can't jump before we have more problems' turn? Not a 'repair armoury since they're not on board yet' turn.

Why not both?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Toshimo posted:

Why not both?
Because spending an Authorisation of Brutal Force when we could potentially get normal raiders+jumpprep/normal raiders+jumpprep and be completely fine so can save it for an actual emergency is silly.

Kill em first with non-expendable things and jump, if they get on board then its worth ABFing them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Metos posted:

Uh, because its heavy raiders we're concerned about? Not normals?

We are?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
We are.

There's two heavies at the launch tubes already, if we get a heavies activation this turn not only are we boarded twice but also two more heavies arrive at the other launch tubes. We have a revealed Grinch who can hit the cylon fleet and activate heavies. We want to make sure we don't get boarded at all or if we do its only one and then that can be ABF'd for free, not spend one of our 2 limited ABFs to get it down to only one heavy at our tubes just to get boarded and sit on the armoury and then start playing how much do dice hate us while the centurions march on and we don't have the backup option of jumping away anymore.

Regular raiders have 2 more activations before we give a poo poo, and our civvies are protected by birds in the air, and I can save them with my static.

Weapons control twice + your dice reroll should take out one heavy, and we're in a much happier position and hopefully get jump prep and fly away from the other poo poo.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I agree, take out the heavies.

I am checking in for another day of play because it's Podima and I have learned to be terrified of it being my turn while I'm asleep. :smith:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

I agree, take out the heavies.

I am checking in for another day of play because it's Podima and I have learned to be terrified of it being my turn while I'm asleep. :smith:

:getin:

Action Queue:
==> Some Numbers (Admiral Helo): Move/Action

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Metos posted:

We are.

There's two heavies at the launch tubes already, if we get a heavies activation this turn not only are we boarded twice but also two more heavies arrive at the other launch tubes. We have a revealed Grinch who can hit the cylon fleet and activate heavies. We want to make sure we don't get boarded at all or if we do its only one and then that can be ABF'd for free, not spend one of our 2 limited ABFs to get it down to only one heavy at our tubes just to get boarded and sit on the armoury and then start playing how much do dice hate us while the centurions march on and we don't have the backup option of jumping away anymore.

Regular raiders have 2 more activations before we give a poo poo, and our civvies are protected by birds in the air, and I can save them with my static.

Weapons control twice + your dice reroll should take out one heavy, and we're in a much happier position and hopefully get jump prep and fly away from the other poo poo.

I'm still super super confused as to why you're repping Weapons Control. It's really inefficient compared to other methods of Heavy targetting.

Also, Heavy activations are very rare and I think Brony Hunter has played long enough to know that spending a Cylon action on activating Heavies tends to be a waste.

All that having been said, far be it for me to ignore my subordinates.

##Activate Hangar Deck.
##Launch in Mark VII into Foxtrot.
##Play Maximum Firepower, targeting Heavy Raiders.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also, before anyone starts accusing me of being silicon, let me remind you that it's literally impossible. There's only two Cylons and Arivia cleared me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think this may be the first time in the five games I've run where two pilots were in the air at the same time!

Update coming in ~30 minutes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I don't think that's a toaster play at all, for what it's worth. Thank you for knowing the numbers on killing heavies more than me, because I'm still bad enough at this game to think Weapons Control is a good option.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

I don't think that's a toaster play at all, for what it's worth. Thank you for knowing the numbers on killing heavies more than me, because I'm still bad enough at this game to think Weapons Control is a good option.

Weapons Control targets a single ship and fires like a Viper at Raiders and Heavies. Weapons Control wasn't a good option BEFORE we gained access to Pegasus.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Max Firepower is a good call here. I think we just didn't know it was an option since we can't see your hand.

I hope Seelix has some nice ENG.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Weapons Control targets a single ship and fires like a Viper at Raiders and Heavies. Weapons Control wasn't a good option BEFORE we gained access to Pegasus.

Yeah I looked at Main Batteries and frowned at it not affecting heavy raiders. You did good, Admiral.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You guys are frakking killing me here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Helo gets right back out there spreading holiday cheer to one and all! That's a PIL-3 (Maximum Firepower) for reference.
1d8=7! HIT! One Heavy Raider destroyed! DEFCON increases by 1 to 11!
1d8=2! MISS! By preload, Helo is a ECO-HO-HO Officer! 1d8=1! STILL MISS!
1d8=5! MISS!
1d8=1! MISS!

DEFCON decreases by 1 to 10.

Oh dear, what's this? Some rascally individual seems to have pilfered the President's cookie jar! Whatever will you do?

pre:
CRISIS: Food Shortage 

President Chooses: 
-2 Food
OR 
-1 Food and the President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep
Action Queue:
==> Toshimo (President Tory): Crisis Decision

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

Yeah I looked at Main Batteries and frowned at it not affecting heavy raiders. You did good, Admiral.

I'll need confirmation, but I think Main Batteries can destroy Heavies on a 7.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can discard.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

I'll need confirmation, but I think Main Batteries can destroy Heavies on a 7.

The only things that can destroy Heavy Raiders are Viper attacks, Weapons Control, and the Quorum Card.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, note that Tory's drawback will take effect if the second option is picked.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
We aren't eating an 8 card discard for 1 Food.

Maybe this would suck a lot less if I could have gotten a frakking XO instead of our Admiral faceplanting 1 Raider (since he'll have to come back in when we jump or risk losing 1 draw every turn).

## Take top.

## Curse Helo.

## Curse Helo again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Podima posted:

The only things that can destroy Heavy Raiders are Viper attacks, Weapons Control, and the Quorum Card.

Yeah, Heavies are immune to Pegasus/Nukes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

Huh, right you are. That's interesting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Toshimo posted:

We aren't eating an 8 card discard for 1 Food.

Maybe this would suck a lot less if I could have gotten a frakking XO instead of our Admiral faceplanting 1 Raider (since he'll have to come back in when we jump or risk losing 1 draw every turn).

## Take top.

## Curse Helo.

## Curse Helo again.

You seem to have me confused with a different character. I have no drawback.

Go frak yourself.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

We're going to lose to Food because of frakking Tory, aren't we?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The President reluctantly digs into her EXTRA-SECRET candy cane stash to share with everyone!
The fleet loses 2 Food! (New Total: 4)

Raiders Activate!
7 Raiders move from CHARLIE to DELTA!
2 Raiders fire at an Unmanned Viper in FOXTROT! 1d8=1,1! MISS!

The fleet gains 1 Jump Prep!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
TURN 2.2

* Some Numbers (Admiral Karl "Helo" Agathon [9, 2N, OPG])
==> Toshimo (President Tory Foster [12, 5QC, 1MC, OPG])
  * Cocks Cable (CAG Samuel T. Anders [2, OPG])
  * Arivia (Anastasia "Dee" Dualla [5, OPG])
  * Brony Hunter (The Robo-Grinch [3, 1SCC])
  * Metos (Diana "Hardball" Seelix [3, OPG])

Fleet Status

Food       04/07      Regular Vipers   2 Active, 4 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Fuel       08/08      Viper Mark VIIIs 2 Active, 2 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Morale     08/09      Assault Raptors  1 Active, 0 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed, 3 Not In Play
Population 11/10      Regular Raptors  4 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed

Distance 0/8 (N/A)
DEFCON Level 10
Raiders Destroyed 0
Jump Prep Track [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[X Risk3]-[  Risk1]-[  Auto Jump]
Cylon Boarding [0]-[0]-[0]-[0]-[Humans Lose]

Civs Remaining (12)
2 Pop            x2
1 Pop            x6
1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
Empty            x2

Civs Destroyed (0)
N/A

Galactica  (2/6 Damage)
FTL Control -- 
Weapons Control -- Metos (Seelix)
Command - DAMAGED! -- 
Communications -- Arivia (Dee)
Admiral’s Quarters -- 
Research Lab -- 
Hangar Deck -- 
Armory - DAMAGED! -- 
Sickbay -- 
Brig -- 

Pegasus (0/4 Damage)
Pegasus CIC -- 
Airlock -- 
Main Batteries -- 
Engine Room -- 

Colonial One 
Quorum Chamber -- Toshimo (Tory)
Press Room -- 
President’s Office -- 
Administration -- 

Cylon Locations
Caprica -- 
Cylon Fleet -- 
Human Fleet --   
Resurrection Ship -- Brony Hunter (Robo-Grinch)

Off-Ship:
Assault Raptor -- Cocks Cable (Anders)
Viper MkVII -- Some Numbers (Helo)

DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \ Basestar2 |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
          \    |    / 
  Basestar1\   |   /         
A           \  |  / Raiderx7  D
L            \ | / Heavyx2    E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \  
           /   |   \ 
          /    |    \ 
         /     |CivA \ 
        /      | CivB \ 
       /       |  CivC \ 
      /Raiderx2|   CivD \ 
     / Heavyx1 |    CivE \ 
    /  Viperx1 | Viperx1  \ 
   /           |           \ 
  / Helo(MkVII)| Anders(AR) \
 /             |ViperMkVIIx1 \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Basestar Damage:
Basestar1 (0/3) - N/A
Basestar2 (0/3) - N/A

Special Rules:
N/A
Action Queue:
==> Toshimo (President Tory): Move/Action

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Use your words.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Use your words.

And none of those words can be "kawaii" or "uguu."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toshimo posted:

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you've got ~Anime~.

I'm afraid it's terminal.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Ugggh I didn't leave a preload to increase viper attack rolls to kill the heavy raider because holy poo poo I forgot helos a pilot, let alone had a maximum firepower.

Since no other actions have been done yet Podima, ruling on increase the 5 to a kill using a card? I'd accept too bad so sad since a crisis resolved fully.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I vote we let Seelix do a thing Seelix would have done.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Metos posted:

Ugggh I didn't leave a preload to increase viper attack rolls to kill the heavy raider because holy poo poo I forgot helos a pilot, let alone had a maximum firepower.

Since no other actions have been done yet Podima, ruling on increase the 5 to a kill using a card? I'd accept too bad so sad since a crisis resolved fully.

I am ok with this since no skill card/DEFCON interactions have come up yet! I was already thinking about that when it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Thanks Pal!

##play eng 3 - scientific research to increase the 5 to an 8

• Locked thread