Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
games you bought and then barely played. i'm talking games you bought fairly close to release, played maybe the first level or two, and then never picked it back up. maybe we can even help each other overcome these mistakes, by encouraging each other to beat a game

animal crossing (i did actually pull 83 weeds and kill 2 roaches yesterday tho,)
majora's mask 3D
pokemon super mystery dungeon
bayonetta 2 ( so sue me! smash came out very close to this and hogged all my attn)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
play some games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
super mario maker. also i forgot that i bought kotor 1&2 up until now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Umihara Kawase series because they're way harder than I expected and I played each of them for 20 minutes a piece and sucked donkey dick.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mgs v. i don't think i even hit 100 hours.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The Umihara Kawase series because they're way harder than I expected and I played each of them for 20 minutes a piece and sucked donkey dick.

Don't give up (even though I did)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

HolePisser1982 posted:

super mario maker. also i forgot that i bought kotor 1&2 up until now

i forgot about SMM too, mostly because it's full of garbage levels made by idiots and children

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't beat as many games as I wanted this year, but I did okay

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
as long as you had fun and felt good, that's all that matters!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For real I barely beat any of the games I bought this year and I keep buying more. I have an epic backlog I need to work through before Dark Souls 3 comes out in April.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pikmin 3

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I played the poo poo out of every game I bought this year because this year was filled with some of the best games of all time. heck yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

i forgot about SMM too, mostly because it's full of garbage levels made by idiots and children

I enjoy making levels more than playing them I found. I still boot it up once a week and make a little course.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I played the poo poo out of every game I bought this year because this year was filled with some of the best games of all time. heck yeah.

This, and in the post Woolly World lull I made a deece dent on the backlog.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to preemptively say Devil's Third because I'm going to buy that tonight and probably play Lightning Returns all weekend instead.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

My backlog got massively wrecked by Black Friday sales since I finally got a WiiU and some other PS4 games. It rules

But my biggest shame I think has been MonHun 4, an old flame that I just can't fit into my life right now. Maybe we will be reunited for the holidays

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
you have a wii u, you already know how to play monhun and like it and you managed to not play it? FAIL

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah well it's even worse I have had monhun 4 for a few months

I already played a shitload of 3 on the DS so probably won't play wiiiu mh until I play 4, but maybe I should I don't know. My wiiu journey has just begun

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh gently caress I mentioned the wii u because I forgot mh4 is a 3ds title. Just beware that you might loose the multiplayer train if you wait too much, if you care about it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My only one was DQ Heroes, because Bloodborne is so drat good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pretty much all 100 something of them OP.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

My only one was DQ Heroes, because Bloodborne is so drat good.

Bloodborne is mine... I really like it, and beating the Cleric Beast on my first try, as my first Souls boss, was one of the best feelings I've ever had while gaming, but I've got so many games and after full-time work and school I'm not often in the mood for something so intense to unwind with :sweatdrop: Maybe now that school's out and I'll actually have days off again...

I've actually got a ton of games I bought and put little/no time into thanks to Steam sales and such but Bloodborne's the one I feel guilty about.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i dont remember

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Bloodborne is mine... I really like it, and beating the Cleric Beast on my first try, as my first Souls boss, was one of the best feelings I've ever had while gaming, but I've got so many games and after full-time work and school I'm not often in the mood for something so intense to unwind with :sweatdrop: Maybe now that school's out and I'll actually have days off again...

I've actually got a ton of games I bought and put little/no time into thanks to Steam sales and such but Bloodborne's the one I feel guilty about.

I've been kind of the same recently with the DLC, but I made it work by playing blue skies games after work when my brain was melted and then binge-playing bloodborne on days off as a massive cathartic injection of rear end destruction and a temporary distraction from the fact that i'm one step closer to the grave each day. it's working pretty well

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I abandoned a few games like witcher 1 and fallout 1 along the way but I'll go back to both soon enough

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

only got through the first two worlds of kirby's clay curse or whatever. really pretty game with great music but i just kind of forgot about it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I'm proud to be a very conscious buyer, and I only bought like 7 games this year, but looking through my purchase history it seems that I bought nidhog, sid meier's pirates and rayman legens and completely forgot about it lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow of mordor because I didn't have a PS4 yet and the PS3 version runs worse than dogshit and had a ton of features cut out of it

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

gtaV because I like getting a tux and having car chases and maybe pretending to be james bond

the tutorial flashback didn't have any of that and then it whined about my graphics card :(

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Batman: Arkham Knight for PS4, haven't even taken the plastic off the box.

Xenoblade on the 3DS.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I try playing games but end up watching the epic attitude era of wwf instead

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I have Xenoblade but Im trying to avoid playing too much until the cable for my external drive comes in so i can play without terrible load times

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a bunch of PS4 games, but that's because i just got it a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna be gaming a lot starting next week :D

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a bunch of PS4 games, but that's because i just got it a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna be gaming a lot starting next week :D

Did you get bloodbourne?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah but i've barely played it lol, i need to get on that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think you will really like it, probably my fave game on ps4 right behind dragon quest heroes. Can't wait for 11 as well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OH i feel i should mention Etrian Odyssey IV here because i imagine i'd have really gotten into it if i had the time to play when i first bought it, but now i got all this other stuff to game on. Some day, I will get to it. I never forget my games.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Im at Cathedral Ward now but I havent played nearly as much Bloodborne as I want to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When they start making cheap 100TB drives Im gonna install every single steam game I own, and all my old CD-ROM and DVD games. It will be sweet.

• Locked thread