Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i dunno what to do with it. i dont like to draw or write with my hand. i was hoping to do diagramming and stuff but omnigraffle is really the only thing for that and every time i open it i get annoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

plugging it into the lightning port to charge is hilarious

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
apple penis

small, thin, and white

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

text me

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

slim jims instead of adamantium claws

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
you should start learning to draw op

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
why

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i dunno what to do with it. i dont like to draw or write with my hand. i was hoping to do diagramming and stuff but omnigraffle is really the only thing for that and every time i open it i get annoyed

I already knew that plugging it into the ipad would look stupid but boy howdy it looks even stupider than I imagined.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

:rip:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

steve is Well and Truly dead

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

I already knew that plugging it into the ipad would look stupid but boy howdy it looks even stupider than I imagined.

Wait until you see how you charge the new Magic Mouse.

:ssh: psst:

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 12, 2015

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

steve is Well and Truly dead

It's almost like Jony Ive is tired of designing computer gadgets and the Apple Watch was an attempt to keep him around by letting him design something fashion related, and he and the design team are just phoning it in now. Like the iPhone 6 has the same ugly rounded metal/glass edge as the watch because they just reused that design and manufacturing technique, despite it making the phone hard to pick up off a flat surface.

So while there really wasn't a way to make charging the Apple Pencil by plugging it into the iPad Pro not look stupid, that plus the new Magic Mouse charging nonsense, plus Apple's hideously ugly new battery case, really makes it feel like Jony & Co are just phoning it in on everything so they can focus on the Apple Car or whatever.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 12, 2015

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

someday the steve will return. he shall look down at what creations his small-minded minions have wrought, and his righteous wrath shall be made wholly manifest

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
an idiot and his money are soon parted

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

draw a picture of yourself handing over huge money bags to a dead skeleton in a black turtleneck

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

how long do you think until tim starts wearing a turtleneck sneakers and jeans in an attempt to gain credibility

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

how long do you think until tim starts wearing a turtleneck sneakers and jeans in an attempt to gain credibility

he doesnt already?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

slim jims instead of adamantium claws

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dear apple: pay me $1b and i will fill your vacant position of vp of yelling at people who design clearly awful poo poo. i can start monday. please have the honey and tea ready

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my thinkpad flips backwards and has a wacom pen screen and the pens don't need to be charged, op

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the next macbook will have a flappy hinge with a kickstand

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

new ipad will put the home button in the middle of the rear side

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

2016 imac only supports on screen keyboard

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

how about take a photo that's not complete garbage, op

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

post a slowmo video of the pencil always rolling to show the logo

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
apple pencil??? more like apple pen-is!!!!!!!!!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Linux Pirate posted:

draw a picture of yourself handing over huge money bags to a dead skeleton in a black turtleneck

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i'm the bag of weed

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

can you charge the apple pen from the magic mouse? They have the right connectors!

I would much rather charge the apple pen from a charger and keep using the ipad, did they design this as a tool for breaking ipads? Imagine the leverage you get if you bump into the pen while it's charging, it's like a frigging crowbar!

RIP stebe :(

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

put it in ur butt

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Linux Pirate posted:

this

also bird prizes *nods sagely*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why did you get one then

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
alright op, you told me you would give me an honest and unbiased review of this new ipad when you got it, so have at it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

that wax sculpture of wolverine is melting funny

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Instead of going to the gym today, I instead spent an hour I'm the apple store doing curls (for the girls) with the new iPad pro

It's comically large

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

have you tried sounding with it op?

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
while charging the pencil, grab either side of the ipad so that it points inwards and thrust it into your chest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

crap nerd posted:

while charging the pencil, grab either side of the ipad so that it points inwards and thrust it into your chest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

same but with ur butt :q:

• Locked thread