Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I played through and liked all the Fable games. Fable 2 & 3 probably really suck if you don't play through the whole game in co-op though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Fable 3 is good if you like being a slumlord more than you like playing the game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Fable 3 is good if you like being a slumlord more than you like playing the game
That sounds loving miserable.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fable III did a lot of things really well, and a lot of things really poorly but I think the good outweighed the bad. I'd be interested in a Fable 4 to see how much of Molyneux's insane promises could be realized on this gen's hardware but it looks like they're just doing a bunch of gay spinoffs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Molyneux peaked with the Magic Carpet spell list.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Molyneux peaked with the Magic Carpet spell list.
I still can't believe he managed to fit 2,970 spells into that game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wonder if being humiliated by everyone after the Godus fiasco is gonna make him leave the industry

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

I still can't believe he managed to fit 2,970 spells into that game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

That sounds loving miserable.

Yeah

I mean the game wasn't bad I guess but when you played it you were just sort of like 'wow i totally played this game like 5 years ago already.' the big additions were being a slumlord and the good rear end dog

fable 4 needs to have the dog as the mc, he deserves a better game than fable 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only Molyneux games I've played were Black and White 2 and Curiosity

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the dog was also in Fable 2

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I wonder if being humiliated by everyone after the Godus fiasco is gonna make him leave the industry

Is Godus even the most humiliating failure he's ever had?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the dog was also in Fable 2

Yeah, I think its appearance morphs a lot more there too.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

*In villager voice* Well, it may be that a hero can save us. Oi'm certainly not gonna get in the way.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i never played fable 2

was the dog there as good as the dog in fable 3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i never played fable 2

was the dog there as good as the dog in fable 3

it was the same dog, so yeah it was a good dog. but literalyl everything about Fable 3 is the same as 2 with no improvements, which is why it's worse imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
In Fable 2 the main bad guy shoots your dog and one of the endgame options is to bring him back, get shitloads of money, or revive a bunch of random NPCs. The dog is the right option.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Another person you should be able to marry: Briar Rose.

I RP the hero of Oakvale as a bit simple, which works well with the generally dumbfounded look he has (his will powers are just savantism). He stays true to his roots by keeping the name Chicken Chaser and always doing good deeds like his dad encouraged. He's also huge because why wouldn't you train everything.

So quick-witted, pragmatic, hypocritically fame-basking Briar Rose contrasts with him in every way. That, combined with her being dwarfed by him but still dominating him with her wit, would make for such a cute couple. I'm not even a shipper but goddamn. But no, you can't. Why wouldn't they make it an option if you choose to spare her at the end during TLC? gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Jewel Repetition posted:

I RP the hero of Oakvale as a bit simple, which works well with the generally dumbfounded look he has (his will powers are just savantism). He stays true to his roots by keeping the name Chicken Chaser and always doing good deeds like his dad encouraged. He's also huge because why wouldn't you train everything.

So quick-witted, pragmatic, hypocritically fame-basking Briar Rose contrasts with him in every way. That, combined with her being dwarfed by him but still dominating him with her wit, would make for such a cute couple. I'm not even a shipper but goddamn. But no, you can't. Why wouldn't they make it an option if you choose to spare her at the end during TLC? gently caress.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eSbZMGMx1G

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jewel Repetition posted:

:yikes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jewel Repetition posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

You Wouldnt Steal a Car

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol chill everybody. That was copy pasted from GameFAQs. I thought it was so over-the-top it would be obvious. The guy even made a creepy fanfic to go along with the premise: http://pastebin.com/YPU7drbd

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

You Wouldnt Steal a Car

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jewel Repetition posted:

Lol chill everybody. That was copy pasted from GameFAQs. I thought it was so over-the-top it would be obvious. The guy even made a creepy fanfic to go along with the premise: http://pastebin.com/YPU7drbd

:dogstare:

E: :staredog:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jewel Repetition posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

You Wouldnt Steal a Car

Haha

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I haven't played Fable, or Undertale, but I might play that I guess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it was the same dog, so yeah it was a good dog. but literalyl everything about Fable 3 is the same as 2 with no improvements, which is why it's worse imo

this is so bad

secretary when molyneux walks into the publisher's building: IT'S DANGEROUS!!!! *faint screams in distance like san francisco rush*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I'm finally going to look at exactly how the morphs work with cheat engine. I've been curious about it for a while but haven't had the gumption.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't believe I didn't pick up on the subtle difference between the epic sanderistas niggy and gamefaqs horse poo poo.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i was pretty sad that fable tlc switched jacks creepy rear end serial killer voice for a generic deep evil voice.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Agean90 posted:

i was pretty sad that fable tlc switched jacks creepy rear end serial killer voice for a generic deep evil voice.

I don't know, I thought the deep voice fit better with what we find out about Jack in LTC (which is when it was changed). Plus there are enough nasal British voices in the game already.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Fable 3 was the first fable I played. Then I played fable 1, I barely remember fable 3 but it was weird. I think it definitely expanded on the what you can do in the game not plot related aspects a lot better though. Owning houses n poo poo for example. You could become a huge property overlord. while in fable 1 you had to murder people to buy homes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Running through town as a huge buff guy with a handlebar mustache as everyone I pass says "Ranger... That's a nice outdoorsy sorta name."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Could someone make me a Briar Rose x Chicken Chaser avatar?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I respect Peter Molyneux now that he is blatantly defrauding people and nobody cares because large swathes PC gamers have so willingly bought into the concept of Early Access

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Early Access for the win, actually. Preordering a game for a cheaper price than release and getting to watch it go through its different stages of development? Uhhh, yes please! PC Master Race

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
I really liked Fable 1, and it's Zelda like art style. Why did they move away from it in 2 and 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

fable 2 is my little bros favorite game op. well that's it. cheers!

• Locked thread