Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yes I do remember Fable OP infact I thi-

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SANDERISTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*A bunch of college-aged kids come in with EVERYTHING for a huge lecture on economic policy, why there will be world peace if Bernie Sanders is elected president, and how much they love Undertale and how cute the "spoopy" skeleton from it is*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
fable 2's framerate was so bad i couldnt play it

fable 1 was cool and had some really good glitches like being able to stop time as long as you want

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I.N.R.I posted:

how can u call that guy a sub human then try to have a conversation with him.

I wasn't being serious.

Doctor Goat posted:

fable 2's framerate was so bad i couldnt play it

fable 1 was cool and had some really good glitches like being able to stop time as long as you want

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
The games aren't good, but the Demon Doors, at least in Fable 2, are sick.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jewel Repetition posted:

Lol yeah. Is the magic nerfing representative of the series losing its magic? Or were the devs just really gay?

I think it's representative of technological progress and the steady march of time eroding natural magic in the world, OP.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
fable 3 had a seriously good rear end dog

it's basically the ideal gamer dog that all gamers should have

irl

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

I think it's representative of technological progress and the steady march of time eroding natural magic in the world, OP.

That actually makes sense but I'm hesitant to give the writing team credit for it.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yes I do remember Fable OP infact I thi-

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SANDERISTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*A bunch of college-aged kids come in with EVERYTHING for a huge lecture on economic policy, why there will be world peace if Bernie Sanders is elected president, and how much they love Undertale and how cute the "spoopy" skeleton from it is*

lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I didn't like Fable or Undertale, OP. Sorry

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bernie Sanders is OK though if I'm going to do a full editorial critique of your thread/av/tag

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coolguye posted:

fable 3 had a seriously good rear end dog

it's basically the ideal gamer dog that all gamers should have

irl

There's no way it's better than D-Dog

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

In Training posted:

in levels of goodness I'm gonna say they were pretty close

fable 3 has a collie as its good rear end dog tho, somewhat cuter than D-Dog's shepherd mutt while being noticeably less badass looking

kind of a wash

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Coolguye posted:

in levels of goodness I'm gonna say they were pretty close

fable 3 has a collie as its good rear end dog tho, somewhat cuter than D-Dog's shepherd mutt while being noticeably less badass looking

kind of a wash

ddog is a wolf fool :P

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

im hungry like the wolf

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

You can't compare D-Dog and Fable dog, imo. two different gaming dogs entirely. One a friend, the other a brother-in-arms...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jerkops posted:

I didn't like Fable or Undertale, OP. Sorry

I refuse to believe you don't like Undertale.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jewel Repetition posted:

You have AIDS.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I love undertale, OP. What was your favorite underfeel?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

rediscover posted:

You have AIDS.

You do.

Average Bear posted:

I love undertale, OP. What was your favorite underfeel?

The mirror in the Asgore's house.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpnrfbeARM0

i always wished they fleshed out combat like this.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

:downsbravo:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Jewel Repetition posted:

thats ok

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I mean I could absolutely understand not liking the fandom or getting burned out by the hype, but disliking the game itself is just totally inconceivable to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

jfc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

I mean I could absolutely understand not liking the fandom or getting burned out by the hype, but disliking the game itself is just totally inconceivable to me.

SHut up! You made this thread to talk about Fable!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Anyway, about Whisper. She was supposed to be your rival, and bitter enough of one that it would be tempting to kill her. But part of having a satisfying rivalry is a sense of real competition, especially when the rival has some kind of unfair advantage over the protagonist (think Gary Oak, Joe Chin, Roger Klotz). But you're the one with the advantage over Whisper because of your Archon blood. You're the one who constantly humiliates her from the start if you're even a little bit competent at the gameplay. Instead of resentment I just felt sorry for her the whole time.

Also you should have been able to marry her.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in bob belcher voice: "Ooooh my god"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

SHut up! You made this thread to talk about Fable!

Hey now, I'm not the one who started the derail.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

:iamafag:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i remember forgetting that whisper existed until she suddenly popped up again and jack was telling me to murder her

i wanted to look up at him and shrug like "who is this chick again"

also I stopped using xp like halfway through the game when I realized it was making me old as gently caress

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oi gov knock that whisper's 'ead off, innit?!?! Yea you gotta knock er fookin ead off, swear on me mum?!?!

That scene had such feels.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

There should be at least a sapling there by now.

Did you mark the lcoation o n your map

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

D doge

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The theoretical gamr peter molieuyux talked about sounded cool but i had 0layed black and white so i wasnt taken in, also it tok a million years to come put

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's just inconceivable that someone could not like the 8-bit-style-except-actually-lazier game made to cash in on the retarded crowd of Humble Bundle gamers that cannot stop buying any game on steam as long as it's $15 and has exactly 1 gameplay mechanic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

It's just inconceivable that someone could not like the 8-bit-style-except-actually-lazier game made to cash in on the retarded crowd of Humble Bundle gamers that cannot stop buying any game on steam as long as it's $15 and has exactly 1 gameplay mechanic

dude its bullethell earthbound!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Uh....settle down Beavis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Coolguye posted:

i remember forgetting that whisper existed until she suddenly popped up again and jack was telling me to murder her

i wanted to look up at him and shrug like "who is this chick again"

also I stopped using xp like halfway through the game when I realized it was making me old as gently caress

Yeah everybody hated the aging. They halved the aging rate in Anniversary.

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm so, so sorry.

Average Bear posted:

Oi gov knock that whisper's 'ead off, innit?!?! Yea you gotta knock er fookin ead off, swear on me mum?!?!

That scene had such feels.

Lol.

• Locked thread