Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 XP 1/5 Conditions: Scarecrow, Dazed, Tongue-Tied

I didn't do anything weird to the speakers, thank you very much. Whatever you're saying I did. I do shake the guy's hand, smiling just at the prospect of free weed. "I can go in for a round, ya know? Got some friends here that I said I'd hang out with, but there's still plenty of time. I'm Finn, by the way." After the whole handshaking thing is over, I follow the guy wherever he goes into his van. Sure, this would normally be weird, but the roadies for this sort of thing aren't exactly dangerous. And if he is, I'll just patch myself up with the weed we smoke. It's funny how stuff that chills me out, like booze and pot, actually helps me heal faster. It's a thing.

"You guys local or just workin' for pot money?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions:

Well, it's not like we were going to really be able to hear the movie if there's a live show going on downstairs anyway, right? Which was going to do wonders for my hangover in the morning, of course, but for now I wasn't feeling too bad. Even if I was mildly nervous about Mary having passed out against me momentarily. "Do you uh, want to go see the show?" I asked, only sounding a little froggy. Using the arm of the couch for additional balance I got to my feet, yawning noisily. "I could use a walk, anyway, don't want my legs to fall asleep before the rest of me." I offered her a small smile.

Since she seemed willing, I locked up behind her and we headed back down the stairs. Once I found myself back in the bar though I immediately wished I hadn't headed that way - after the rear end I had made of myself the least I could do is stay out of everyone else's way. Still, I didn't want to be a bitch to Mary and make her stay up in my place all night when she came out to party - she'd been too nice already anyway.

So I just found an empty booth and sat in it, facing mostly away from all the goings on - looked like everybody was having a pretty good time without me anyway. Good enough.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot +2 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 3/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

Yes, yes, of course. My outburst, necessary and unnecessary at the same time, distracted me from my better qualities - patience and deliberation, assaulted as they may be by the indignities I have to suffer. Still, I know enough about father's rituals to know of a likely way to salvage this - either I have to retrieve the scorpion or find a replacement, something of equal or larger danger. For danger is what the scorpion represented - rituals, they are all wrapped up in symbolism and signifiers, no thing just being what it is. But to the task at hand - retrieving the scorpion would be ideal, even though the evening has been less than ideal.

I take a look at Callista - she seems to be in some distress, and I fight back the urge to let my slight pleasure at this show - she brought this on herself while heedlessly disrupting my schemes, after all - instead replacing it with an expression of concern, as is proper and expected in such situation. I manage to do so after a few seconds, anyway. She seems to be unable to throw up and I realize more extreme measures will be necessary. Something to motivate Callista's human body to regurgitate the scorpion, something stronger than her will - and I have found that human instinct is in many cases far more able to force the body to do as it demands.

I make my fingers into a fist, experimentally - a strike to the stomach would do it... but no. I relax my fingers. Violence should never be my first approach - and certainly not today, as everyone misunderstands my intentions. Why, I am certain Anne would either accuse me of indulging in some sexual urge or attack me without prelude, and might even be justified in doing so. No, that is not my way. I glance towards Anne and Kloe - one of them shall assist me, they are more adept at violence or at least at indulging in it, anyway. I consider Kloe - she has been friendly with me, in her own way, but she has not indicated that she wishes to help Callista. Not like Anne - so let us see if I can guide her on her path.

I slither - pardon, I gracefully move over to Anne and Kloe and put a hand each on their shoulders, suggest them to move closer, as if we are discussing some conspiracy. I focus on Anne first, giving her my undivided attention. "Anne, I am sorry for my hasty words, as no doubt you are too. Callista needs our help, however, and there is little time to lose. Now what I am suggestion may seem... extreme..." I glance at Kloe. "...but it is the fastest way to help Callista before that scorpion does any permanent harm." I give it a little pause, as if it it were difficult to say the next thing - and in a way it is. "You will need to strike her into the stomach, hard."

"Now, as I said, it is extreme - but I fear it is necessary." I give both of their shoulders a squeeze with one of my respective hands - a reassuring motion among humans and, in this instance, the physical contact does not make me feel uncomfortable. It is for a purpose, after all, and I am the one initiating it. I smile at each in turn - winningly, I hope. "I have seen you rush to others aid despite personal discomfort before, so I know you will do the right thing."

Zach Turn On Anne: 7
Promise/string/give self?
Marking XP for highlighted stat Hot.

Zach Turn On Kloe: 9
Promise/string/give self?

"Anne, I think you should be the one to do it - just think of it as a more insistent Heimlich maneuver." I have finally remembered what Anne referred to earlier - at first I was assuming she talked about something secret in German. "Kloe, you should assist her, especially if Callista mistakes your intent. I will catch the scorpion and put it back in its box, should it still be alive. It is only fair that I should be the one to be endangered by its sting."

Spending string on Anne to offer XP for going along with the plan.
If Anne declines, Zach will spend a string on Kloe to offer XP.
Temptation for Anne/Kloe: carry +1 forward to going along with Zach's plan, Zach gets string/XP upon success.

nil. fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 4, 2016

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 2/5 | Conditions:

That was, um, something. I'm glad the jerk is leaving though. I shiver as I come back down. I don't like how I just felt; everything was red and burning. I shake my head. I need to calm down. And yet, everything has worked out. That's good maybe. Nevertheless, I think I'm done yelling at people for the night. Hopefully the night agrees with this sentiment.

I walk back to the bar and Victor moves back to my side with another drink for me. He really is too kind. I take the drink and thank him for it. I take a sip, it's not that bad. I think I'm getting used to these.
He turns to me and asks, "You do whatever you had to do?"
"Yeah. I did." I take another sip as I try to forget the meeting.
"That's good." He looks at the band on the stage, "This band is pretty good. Uh, Would you like to- do you want to dance?"
My face lights up, I love dancing. I quickly finish the drink and take his hand, almost jerking him onto the floor, "Yeah, that sounds exciting. Let's do that."
-
Turn On Vic (Again)
BClip !r 2d6
Krysmbot BClip, 6 = 6
Welp, I'll take that XP.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 7, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot -1 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1 | Integrity 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Busybody

Akiko is upset about something, so I do my best to stay out of her way and stick to Kat instead. Surely that'll make her feel better about not intruding on her. I'm mostly just happy I get to be here and listen to them practice and set up and everything. The last thing I want is to get in the way when they're about to perform, so if I'm here I might as well try to be helpful. "Is there anything I can do to help you guys out?" If I sound a little nervous that's probably because I am. This is not a situation I'm used to and an important one at that! I muster a smile in Akiko's direction to show I'm just trying to help but it doesn't seem to go over all that well.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3+2?/5 | Conditions: Bad Joke, Drained, Blamed.

quote:

Anne - Your roommate is not looking good. Probably part and parcel of drinking a lot of tequila with a live scorpion in it. Do you think she's getting what she deserves, or does she deserve your sympathy instead? Speaking of people that aren't looking good... perhaps it's instinct, perhaps it's luck, but you just happen to notice two fishy looking individuals entering the bar. And that's meant literally - they look like the fish people you've been dealing with recently, if a lot more human and less slimy. They haven't noticed you yet, probably. What do you do?

Not only is she not getting what she deserves, she's getting what I deserved. This has just been going from bad to worse, and I need to find some way to low-key make it up to her later. I should have done something sooner, but I got stuck in my own head and now she's paying for it.

Taking XP for Growing Pains, if that's OK.

And of course trouble always compounds, because look who we have walking in! I mean, I have no idea who they are but they have 'Anne's business' written all over them. I guess most people don't care to look close enough to see things like gills and scales on something that walks like a man, but it's right there. Well, if they haven't noticed me I'll stay subtle for the time being. If Free Portlandia! (tm) has any facts straight these guys mostly target vulnerable kids and take them...somewhere? Probably down the lake for dinner and a show. I'll try to find likely targets and run interference, I guess. Right after I deal with Za-

Gah, how did he sneak up on me like that? And is he trying to convince me to punch my roommate? I...guess that could work? Patching things up with her after will be tricky, but I guess it'll be easier if she's not dead.

"Alright, I'll try it. But she pays half my rent, so if this better work."

Making a promise - to try and retrieve the scorpion from Callista

I really don't like being manipulated like this. He's just so...smooth. It's utterly frustrating. I need to find a way to get some leverage on him, and maybe this is it.

I walk over to Cali before she has a chance to vanish onto the dance floor. She looks pretty rough, and I reach out to steady her. Regret is written all over my face, which is hopefully confusing and disarming

"Hey, Cali. I'm really sorry about this, but you shouldn't have drunk that scorpion and we kinda need it back."

Lash out against Callista: 2d6+3 9, spending a string to make it 10, dealing 1 harm and gaining a string.

Taking the XP for going along with Zach's plan.

It's just a quick blow to the gut, she probably won't even remember it or have a bruise.

Christ, I feel like poo poo.

maybe levelling?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

I try not to blink as I get an eyeful of Thea. It's more awkward than arousing, although, yeah, it's a little arousing. I catch Akiko giving her hate eyes, zeroing in on human weakness like a shark to blood. So our new groupie is kind of on the spectrum. So what? I can deal. We actually have a groupie! Like, a for real one. Before the closes thing we had to groupies was Dez's friend Trevor Beltran, who is weird and gangly and over thirty and owns a vintage vinyl store and is a creeper, and Jeff's sister, Kyrie, who I'm pretty sure only follows the band around because she's under 21 and it lets her sneak in past the bouncers sometimes. So I, for one, am not going to scare off the sweet Aspie girl.

Now that it's crunch time, the band got serious. Jeff put away the nachos with a last, longing look. I snap my fingers until Akiko calms down. And we play the old standby.

And it does not suck.

Do I see Nina looking scared? gently caress yeah.

And everything is going great until Akiko curses, sucking her finger. She broke a string on her bass. Which would be no problem, except that when I go to get the repair kit, it isn't there. No spare strings, no duct tape, nuthin'. gently caress. We're flying blind.

Okay, no problem. We just need to borrow a pare of spare strings. Any self respecting band will have some. Except that, of course, Scarecrow Boat uses a standing loving bass, the pretentious assholes. Which means that the only source of regular strings is... Cannibal Kitten. For a moment, I seriously consider stabbing Nina with a fork and using her intestines for string like in the bible, or something, but then reason reasserts itself. Violence is the last refuge of bros. I am an intelligent, problem solving social mammal.

I will get someone else to solve this problem for me.

"Thea" I say, in my sweetest tone of voice. "You are such a darling for asking. Actually, yeah, we do need something. Akiko's pissed off because she just broke a G-string, and we're all out of spares. Could you find us some bass strings? I think Nina's bassist has some, but maybe someone else in the club does too. If you could get us a set, I'd be super grateful," I add, squeezing her arm. Yeah, I lay it on a little thick, but she seems to have some trouble with social cues.

Turn Thea On: 2d6+2 +1 for invoking Band is 15 +1 string, +1 XP, I broke the game's basic mechanics chart, that's a hell of a turn on.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody

This is the best. Even with Akiko glaring every once in a while still I just kind of close my eyes and listen to them practice. It's not quite the same as listening to them on stage so it's missing that... I don't know, that feeling of being part of the crowd and sharing that moment but it's more intimate like this, even with a bunch of other stuff going on around me. People running back and forth, the other bands either getting on stage or practicing themselves, it all just kinda fades into the background. Until a loud twang brings everything to a screeching halt. And then Kat comes up to me and I think something about this body just kind of broke, because it's like sparks and flames spreading through me from where she takes my arm. And not the bad kind either. The kind that pool in your stomach and make your legs wobbly. It's new and it's pretty exciting! And that's even before she asks for my help. "Iö ft'n'blzsh." The first time I open my mouth I must've done something wrong because Kat looks at me like I made no sense. Okay let's try that again, you know how to talk, damnit. "Yeah of course!" Much better.

I jump up. "Don't worry, I got this!" I know the other band must be in one of the other small rooms so I go knocking on doors until I find the one where Cannibal Kitten is practicing. I poke my head in and for a moment I freeze up when I interrupt them and everyone turns their heads towards me. "Uhm. Hi." I slip into the room entirely and close the door behind me, leaning against it with my hands in the small of my back, still holding on to the doorknob. "Sorry to butt in like this but... It's really important that I can get my hands on her g-string." I say, pointing at the bassist and putting on my best smile. Perfect, there's no way anybody is going to misunderstand that.

Turn On the Bassist: 2d6-1: 11
Taking that String... (and marking Experience)
Damnit, wrong kind of string!

Atropha fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 7, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Vol 1 Dark -1 Integrity 1
XP: 4/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

Taking 1 Integrity for following up on the promise to get Kat to consider that art

Obviously I'd love to just laze around and have fun, but I need the money, really... So when everything's done with the light and sound, I head back up to the main bar area, and there's Zach! Sidling over to him, I grin - I do feel proud that I managed to fulfill what I promised him. "Did that thing you asked. Think you can spare a tip for a poor starving student~?"

[11:36am] Nown: Turn on Zach
[11:36am] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[11:36am] Krysmbot: Nown, 3+2 = 5
[11:37am] Nown: Tagging soft hearted and spending a string to bring that to 7
Marking XP for Hot

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 7, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

Yes, this is excellent - Anne sees the wisdom in my words and proceeds to engage Callista. I have to force myself to watch the proceedings out of the corner of my eye - I do not want to make it too obvious I am too invested in the results, of course. In any case, regardless of the eventual success or failure of Anne's action - which is of course, the retrieval of the scorpion - me being able to convince her to follow my suggestions makes me feel... good. If I do not get any appreciation from my supposed peers or my family, well, I will have to make do with some encouragement myself. Not that I have any confidence issues that eat at me in the long hours of the night, haha. Ridiculous.

Getting 2 strings on Anne via completed Temptation and Broker (using Blamed).

I am waiting for the very critical scorpion to, well, come forth when - Avery talks to me! I admit I am somewhat flustered for a moment, I was so engaged I did not notice her approaching! And both what and how she is saying fills me with a pleasure and elation I would not have expected out of this evening just a few minutes ago. It would seem she has completed my task, pardon, gentle suggestion of ensuring Naked Soul Rat will consider Syntyche's artwork. And in this case I truly would not normally presume to command a creature of such rarity - I find myself automatically bowing my head ever so slightly in her presence - and in any case, her friendly manner is most appreciated. "I am very happy to hear it."

Marking XP via Temptation due to Avery completing her task (going to assume it counts as completed last scene for purposes of singleton rule).

I am sure my family would not approve and would be of the opinion that I should keep my focus on completing their tasks - but that is their opinion I sometimes might think regardless of what I do. But to receive the blessing, or at least encouragement, of a genuine albino, even though she is human - suddenly I am certain I shall be able to complete father's task, Syntyche's task and be able to figure out how to be as beloved by people as Azure. I find that my hand has already found it's way into my wallet - a monetary reward is most reasonable for one such as her and, besides, it might both make her fell indebted to me as well as ensure that perhaps she will not have to be treated as a... mere menial worker quite as much, as is truly not befitting her.

"Yes, of course. Gladly." I press a bill into her hand - though I admit I make sure it is a generous amount, if not overly generous amount. There is still the matter of potentially having to 'make out' with Avery if I run out of money, after all. "It is such a shame you have to struggle financially. I certainly hope the 'starving' element of starving student is not meant literally?" I realize I am talking without first carefully picking my words, but such seems to be the effect Avery has on me right now. Still, I have to get myself under control - this is a unique opportunity, after all. Avery should feel positively inclined to me at the moment - now would be the best time to ask her for augury, me even have sacrificed to her, in a manner of speaking, in the form of the bill.

I clasp my hands together and smile, try to make it look slightly guileless, as I have seen Azure doing. "Though worldly riches may not be counted among your blessings, you are not without them, no?" I rub my hands together - no, not that vigorously! "You no doubt hear all sorts of rumors, know all sorts of people. Perhaps even..." I wave my hand around, as if the following is simply the first thing on my mind. "...people of power. No doubt all manner of interesting stories." I smile a little wider - I think the implication that I would like nothing more than to hear about such people should be clear.

Temptation: carry +1 forward to providing Zach with information about interesting powerful people (perhaps via Gaze), string/XP for Zach upon completion.

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 17, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark +2
Harm 0/4 XP 2/5 Damage: 0

Fire Inside. Also, warning, /excessive/ language

So. I have a scorpion in my stomach. I'm beginning to think it's mildly poisonous, but whatever, I seem to be fine! Just a bit sick, and I've been worse than that before. I mean, everything's going fine! But I turn around for a few seconds and feel bad for myself, and apparently while I'm doing that, everyone's talking poo poo behind my back. Now, I'm not a fan of talking poo poo. But more importantly, I'm not a fan of people conning my roommates into poo poo. I turn around to try to figure out what's going on, and there's Anne, who's already starting up a speech. Nothing that I've not heard before, right?

And then suddenly I've been loving decked in the stomach, and I vomit all loving over Anne.

<Nea> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 6+1 = 7
<Nea> ... wait that second 2d6 is supposed to be /minus/ one

Or, at least, I thought I did, but it seems to have just puddled in the floor. I heave, and shake my head, because that loving HURT! Holy loving poo poo, I can't believe she just did that bullshit, I can't believe she listened to whatever the gently caress that loving cockhead son of a whore said!
Ugh, I... I shake my head, and slowly undouble, looking at the scorpion. "You /need/ this thing? You NEED this loving thing? That's your justification for loving decking me?"

I scream, and slam my foot down on it. loving /needing/ a scorpion? They don't need this drat thing.

<Nea> lash out at the scorpion :V
<Nea> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 8-1 = 7
It can deal harm back. It /was/ poisonous, after all.

With that, I turn, and storm out. They don't need me. They don't need any of this bullshit. I'll show them later. I'll show them exactly what they god drat deserve, or at least that FUCKER Zach. He can go loving stick his cock in a blender for all I care. I don't care who sees me. I don't care what's going on.

I'm just loving going.
Kallisti, run away with Hot.
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 7+2 = 9
Someone there becomes obsessed with me.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

WOAH! I thought he was joking, and you might not think ten bucks is much, but as a tip for getting someone to just consider looking at art, it's huge, it's basically an hour's wage for a five minute conversation! "Uh, wow, thanks! Seriously, thanks!" My whole face lights up just at the sight of it.

But his next request takes me a bit off guard. Like... it's one thing to deliver messages and make requests, but... sharing secrets without people's permission? That's a little shady, like a little too NSA for me.

"S-sorry. I mean you're generous and all, but I'm not that kind of person. I... understand if you want this back..." I offer the money back.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 0/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

Ah, of course. A mere ten dollars is naturally not enough by far to make Avery even consider sharing any information of worth - to be quite honest, it might have made me think less of her. Still, I certainly hope she is not secretly insulted. I smile and step forward, gently make her hand close around the bill again by placing my hands on hers. "Please, I insist. And I apologize, I did not mean to imply I wished you to do anything against your nature." I hold my hand on hers a little longer - as mentioned earlier, this can be reassuring to humans but, like many thing related to social interaction, it requires a certain finesse. I count down in my head and at hopefully just the right moment, pull back my hands. "I am simply interested in meeting interesting people, but of course I do not want you to to betray anyone's confidence."

<nil_> Zach Turn On Avery
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 9+2 = 11
Zach takes a string on Avery.

I think that went rather well - one might even say my expertise in the matter has given me some confidence. Now then, I shall see how the situation with Anne and Callista has progressed and - and... and Callista just stepped on the scorpion. My face drops. When she raises her foot again, I can see it is quite dead. My hand grasps the edge of the pool table - or, to be more precise, my fingers make a claw - and some very unwise impulses form in my mind. My mind is considering crying out, burying my head in my hands and perhaps a little bit of frustrated screaming - another option considered is striding over to either Callista or Anne and striking one of them, it seems to be unclear which one. The ritual is ruined, again! Father will be... oh, father will be - quite displeased with me. I feel the burning desire to do something, anything, no matter how ill-considered.

<nil_> Zach Hold Steady
<nil_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 3+1 = 4

To my shame, I do not manage to hold back the impulse and I do, in fact, throw back my head, cover my eyes with my hands and let out a very undignified groan of frustration. This is... this is less than ideal. I take down my hands, start pacing idiotically - I know I should stay calm, not let Anne, for instance, see that the scorpion was of importance to me. But I cannot. It is simply... father will be very displeased and if my other siblings - or even mother - learn of my failings it will be, well, it will not be good for my position, precarious as it always seem already. I grab my glass of Bourbon - but of course I already emptied it beforehand. Yet another inward sigh, which at least means I am calming down somewhat.

I wistfully look at the empty glass, let myself be distracted by how the light falls through it - how the other patrons of the Flying Monkey look through it, distorted like how I hear one can see in some place called a mirror funhouse. Perhaps - perhaps there is a way to salvage this still.

<nil_> Zach Gaze
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 11-1 = 10
Lucid and detailed, show what I must do, carry +1 forward.
MC: Question: How can Zachariah best complete the ritual, i.e. where can he find the missing ingredients and who would make the best target?
Marking XP from highlighted stat Dark.
Taking move 'Patience is a Virtue'.

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 17, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 2
About 11:35

Parking Lot - Van
Finn - "Name's Mike. Just got back into town a few weeks ago," he tells you, directing you and a few others towards where his vehicle is. Soon you and the other roadies are arrayed in the back of the middleaged metalhead's VW van. He clearly lives out of it, but its lovingly cared for and decorated with extensive proof of his allegiance to music in general and 80's heavy metal specifically. The conversation good; the pot's probably better, and soon the van's getting properly smoky. How does the conversation go, and are any of Cannibal Kitten's roadies kinda cute?

Dance Floor
Azure - The two of you are having fun dancing - the band's not incredible or anything, but they're good enough. Victor's certainly enjoying the opportunity to dance with you, and it turns out he's pretty good at it! Unfortunately, in the midst of a song, you realize something important has fallen out of your pocket! What was it and where do you think its gone? What do you do?

Callista - Wow, all of that was such bullshit! Storming away from them, you manage to disappear off into the dance floor, the strobing and colored lights looking striking in your rainbow hair. And it seems someone's noticed, too - it doesn't take long before someone's dancing with you! A cute blonde girl, specifically. "Hey, I'm Mary!" It's pretty clear she wants to dance with you, so, care to? Or would you rather get revenge on that fucker Zach?

Bar Area
Anne - Well, that didn't work out. Callista's pissed, the scorpion got smashed, and Zach had a freakout. Making things even worse, you've lost track of the Fishmen, and the two bros from earlier seem to have decided to start hassling the perpetually grumpy Joanna. What do you do to start fixing this mess? (You can take growing pains XP)

Jo - Mary goes off to dance after giving you a long hug and making sure you're content by yourself for a bit, if you don't want to go dance with her right now. Unfortunately, you get all of five minutes of semi-solitutde (the place is packed, there's people moving past you pretty frequently) by two extremely, extremely fratty looking individuals. "Mind if I sit down?" One asks, doing so immediately, while the other leans his arm against the back of the booth you're sitting in. "Thought you looked like you could use some company..." How do you handle this unwelcome interruption?

Avery - Wow, Zach's kinda handsome, isn't he? Maybe in a Byronic, soliloquying, dark way? Certainly generous at least, and he doesn't seem that offended by you turning down his (weird) request. Speaking of weirdness, though, your pocket - the one with your new magical bling in it - feels extraordinarily cold all of a sudden. What do you make of it? What do you do?

Zach - The empty glass reflects a cornucopia of colors, but all you can focus on is yellow and red. The yellow, tinging an ancient ritual. A... destruction of the person, if you will. A spiritually venomous hollowing out, a dangerously close to literal serpent's bite. The lights behind you flash, and you see the story told a dozen times in as many ice cubes. The red, and a sign lights up in eight icecubes. If the scorpions gone, why not a spider? There's a dangerous one lurking in one of the storage rooms, you can see it - feel it. It was guarding something magical, but it's disappeared, and the thing's agitated. Ross, the laziest manager ever, emerges from the Flying Monkey's Office... and an idea begins to form. How will you enact it? (Take +1 Forward to either finding the spider, or getting Ross to participate in the ritual).

Backstage
NSR - So... Thea's not back yet. Been a bit, but maybe she's still getting it? Dez is freaking out about it, of course, while Akiko seems somewhat smug, as if she knew this would happen. You're on in twenty minutes (two prompts from now, probably~) so does Thea's absence worry you, or are you keeping your cool? Any last minute prep you need to take care of? What does the Song tell you that it wants, out of the blue?

Thea - Cannibal Kitten and its ten or so hangers on seem to find your comment... amusing? "God, doubt she's wearing one." Nina mocks, and they all laugh at that too. It's hard to tell what humans will find funny sometimes, isn't it? The bassist whose string you're after pats her lap for you to sit down if you want, grinning the way most humans do at food, and says "What's your name? You can stay back here with us if you want..." Does that sound like it will help you get the string Naked Soul Rat need? How do you handle this?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 18, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody, Terrified

Holding Steady: 2d6: 8
Carrying one forward for this scene and taking Terrified as a condition

This is very confusing. Why are they laughing at my request? They must have misunderstood me. Damnit, Naked Soul Rat is relying on me! I need to keep my cool, I didn't expect this many people to be in here and stare and laugh at me. My heart's hammering in my throat and sitting down in peoples' laps doesn't seem like it'd get me what I need, but this is not a situation that really makes sense to me. They're not kicking me out though, so it's not going badly either. They probably wouldn't want to help Naked Soul Rat anyway, so it's probably good they misunderstood me. Yes. This needs some subterfuge and cleverness. "Thea. My name's Thea. I guess I can stay for a bit..." I nervously walk over to the bassist and sit down in her lap, a plan taking shape in my head. I arch my back and lean back until my head is resting against her shoulder, next to her's. "And maybe you could show me how you make your fingers move on your other strings then?" I ask her, putting my hand on hers and making slight plucking motions against the back of her hand.

Gonna use the +1 Forward
Manipulating the Bassist: 2d6: 8
Trying to get her to show me her bass and possibly let me get my hands on it.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Yes. Yes, of course. Though I may not be as adept at the supernatural arts as some of my siblings - and yes, I am most certainly reminded of this enough not to forget - my time among the humans has given me a certain...perspective, let us say, that lets me see patterns that may be invisible to me were I still in the bosom of my oh-so loving family. All these rituals - they are somewhat like stories - only there is no industry to flood everyone with thousand of new ones every year. Oh no, rituals are more like the...classics, and like classics, only the ones with familiar patterns endure, primal things that are still understandable when time has moved on. Jealousy, desperation, struggle against seemingly impossible odds, a striving for freedom and...fulfilment. And so it goes with rituals - it seems so obvious now. The offering of a lesser being. The consumption of some sort of significant food or drink. The physical, hm, surrender of a body to higher forces, even the threat of death - signifying a hidden, more metaphysical surrender. Of course!

And then somehow, I know that there is a spider nearby that would be the perfect replacement for father's unfortunate scorpion - but it does not stop there for most strangely, I am certain it is not an ordinary spider at all, but a guardian for something precious, something that has very recently been lost. More images, or perhaps merely thoughts, fill my mind and I can see myself in pleasant conversation with another and somehow, I seem so convincing, the other so obliging, it seems I just have to state my wishes and they would be more than happy to follow them. I try to concentrate on the face and - it is someone I have seen before. His name is... Ross, I believe? As I gaze, it seems like he is being pulled... into me, as if he were a puff of smoke I could simple inhale.

I tear my eyes from the glass and put my other hand onto the pool table to steady myself. This was... unexpected. If I am entirely honest, my usual forays into the magical arts are of a far more discouraging nature. I cannot help but wonder at the cause - and then I realize what it may be. I pull myself up and smile at Avery. Of course! It may very well be possible that somehow, she has given me a small blessing for the matters of augury - and is it not true that the one shown to me in the vision, Ross, is her manager? It is something to consider, in any case. Whatever the truth of the matter may be, I feel... invigorated, ready to make another attempt at fulfilling father's request. At this rate, I will soon master the hidden arts and wield deadly supernatural blasts shot from the palms of my hands, be able to talk to others via magic mirrors and even take to the skies, just like in the stories my parents told me! Why, the humans will be so astonished they will forget about their guns, cellphones and air planes, I am sure. Haha.

That aside, the first steps in my plan take form. I wave over Anne, then address myself to her, Avery and Kloe. The scorpion is dead and there is nothing to be done about it - so I will have to do my best to... redirect any suspicions people may have after my rather undignified outburst. "Well done, Anne. And to hear people say you only use violence without reason or purpose, quite untrue." I shake my head sadly - I am uncertain whether anyone is saying this, but it sounds right. "I must apologize for my outburst earlier. Even though I know it was necessary, it was still unpleasant for me to watch you strike Callista and know that I was the one who instigated it." I shrug, hoping that all of them accept my explanation - and be convinced that it was indeed unpleasant for me to see Callista be - why am I thinking of 'corrected'? - and that my outburst had nothing at all to do with my property, my scorpion finding an untimely end.

I look at each of them, brushing back my hair - I must admit I have grown quite fond of it since I could achieve my human form. Can I convince one of them to aid me? Anne - definitely not a good idea after what just happened. Avery - I would not want to put her in danger. Kloe... perhaps. I flash a smile. "Perhaps it would be a bit too dramatic to say that I am in your debt, but if you find yourself in need of another perspective concerning some problem, I would be more than happy to lend an ear." I give Anne and Kloe just a modicum of additional attention by looking at them longer - I am sure Anne appreciates me not bringing up the incident of her accusing me of molesting Callista and Kloe, well, I am certain Kloe will be charmed despite her seeming, I now realize, distracted by something entirely different.

<nilPhone> Zach Turn On Anne
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 4+2 = 6
+1 from condition 'Blamed' for a result of 7.
Promise/symbolic string/give self?

<nilPhone> Zach Turn On Kloe
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 4+2 = 6
MC: Hard Move.

"Oh, has anyone seen Azure?" He is a far better candidate for helping me with my current phase of the plan, I now realize - especially if the spider is not of the kind that can be reasoned with, either because it cannot talk or because it cannot, well, be reasoned with. "I need to talk to him. We need to figure out who among us is in fact worse at pool, for one."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot 0 | Cold +1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1

Callista is an enticing option, but before I have much time to consider that, she storms off and my sixth sense starts kicking in. What, you didn’t think the only thing I got from turning into a vampire was an unconscious tendency towards seduction and a ravenous, insatiable hunger for human blood did you?

The taste of blood rises in my mouth, bringing to mind memories, both mine and hers. I can do this on my own if I want to, but it starts to happen whenever someone I’ve fed on gets close. Not as strong, just a… heads up that they’re around. I turn, and don’t even have to scan the crowd, my eyes are just focused directly on her. Fennel. I could know her last name if I tried, but eh. Looking at her, I can taste her blood again, slightly boozing, and with a scent a bit like her name, that is, herb-y. Anyway, cute girl, short carroty-red hair, lots of freckles.

Its been, hell, two months? That sounds about right. She’d gotten baked and smashed that night, and was heading home when she got jumped in an alley for her wallet. I happened to be nearby, for uh, no particular reason, and stepped in. It was him or her as far as the meal went, but he was sober and ran off pretty fast. She was, hmm, appreciative, so after a few of her drunk sloppy kisses I decided she wouldn’t mind a little bite or two.

Helped get her home after that, but I guess she remembered enough of the experience down the alley to stay away from the bar for awhile. She obviously hasn’t learned her lesson yet though, since even from here I can practically taste the booze and aroma of pot hanging around her. I wonder if she’d be willing for another go… she is rather cute, but before I can start for it, I realize someone is talking, and turn back to look at Zach and Anne.

“Eh?” Where’d Callista go? drat. I play back what’d been going on in the background while I was thinking about that meal, and… I’m not entirely sure I’m remembering that right. Did Anne really try to do the heimlich by punching Cali in the gut? That… seemed like a stupid plan. But the scorpion is there crushed on the floor, so… Wow. “Sorry, what was that Zach? Was watching the dance.” I flash him an apologetic smile, maybe a tad hungrier than normal after those thoughts. I lean in a little to pick up my drink, accidentally giving him a bit of a view too.

<godfish> turn on Zach
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7 = 7
self/promise/string

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I can feel myself about to speak without thinking, feel the immediate impulse to... correct Kloe concerning my proper name. And everything had been going so well in that regard, even Timothy chose a more creative nickname. It galls me, to see my name belittled like that - the name I picked for myself, actually the very first thing I did independently from my family in the human world, now that I think about it. But of course I must not lose my composure, certainly not so quickly after that last display.

<nilPhone> Zach Patience Is a Virtue Kloe
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 3+1 = 4

But I cannot help myself - perhaps if it were not Kloe but someone I expected it from! "It is Zachariah and not anything else, as you well know." I simply stare at her for a few moments, unblinking. Others may say that my tone of voice was venomous, but they do not realize quite how venomous I can be. Really, I would go so far that it was quite restrained. Now that I continue looking at Kloe, I realize that despite her affront, I may have been too hasty - she seems apologetic, even though that smile she is giving me seems slightly more... intense than I am used to. Should I perhaps smile like that? For some reason, it makes me slightly... agitated, although in a somehow slightly pleasurable way. I notice my eyes have been straying downwards, as if they had a mind of their own - then I realize what I am doing, and I almost groan audibly. Oh, of course, no member of my family ever mentioned that potential 'side effects' of my transformation - and they certainly would also never want to discuss or even acknowledge anything of the sort, anything that might imply I have gone 'too human'. A scion of my esteemed family? The very thought.

But still here I am and - and I do not want to have a repeat of any confusing thoughts and considerations. I do not even know Kloe all that well, and she certainly does not know me! So this is all quite baseless and mentally brush the thoughts off my shoulder. Still, perhaps I have been a bit too harsh on her, it does not cost anything to be polite - other than occasionally my patience and dignity, I mentally add. I am certain that Azure, for example, would have handled the situation with aplomb - I am sure by now he would have Anne and Avery reprimanding the offending party. But, alas. I force a smile onto my face again as I face Kloe. "But I am certain you were merely distracted. In any case, we must have a chat later." I furrow my brow, somewhat theatrically. "I believe there was something you wanted to discuss, no?" Of course, it is something I ewant to discuss, but I am certain she will understand the implication. Though perhaps a little bit more prodding is required. "I am sure we can avoid any further social..." My smile widens. "...pitfalls."

Promising Kloe something he thinks she wants: Zach will not be offended by her calling him Zach (this time).

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I blink once, then remember his thing about insisting on being called his full name. I barely restrain myself from rolling my eyes but it helps to remember how annoying it was when teachers would spell my name wrong in school. I guess it's like that but more petty? "Yes, sorry, like I said I wasn't paying attention."

His ...hinting... earns my drink a small frown, but it was probably for the best. He knew something was up, and I should probably do something about that. So I down the rest of my drink and move over to his side, wrapping my arm around his and then grasping it with my other hand, pressing up against him. "I do! So good of you to remember. Shall we go discuss it now somewhere more... private?" My voice drops as I speak, and my fingers start to play with his, stroking then gently.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I freeze up - like the proverbial deer in the headlights, though the saying is a little bit different among my kind. In any case, I am afraid that for at least a few seconds, I cannot disguise that I feel thoroughly uncomfortable - my body is not moving, and not in the powerful manner of the predator, and who knows what stories my eyes tell. Though - though perhaps the others are not as observant - there are all these intricacies of the human 'body language', which I have adapted to, though it seems that often, the humans are blind to what they or others are saying and... Ah, I am babbling, distracting myself from the matter at hand.

I force myself to relax, to let the cold shiver vanish from my skin - I know the human repertoire of interaction contains a good measure of bodily contact, and I have accepted this, but does it really have to be so... unannounced? Avery's hug from earlier was one thing, but what Kloe is doing is...is... I know what she is doing and even though I know it should not, it makes me uncomfortable. Why, Zachariah, you should be happy - it is clear what Kloe is aiming at with the interlocked arms, the gentle touches and the insinuations - it is clear you have entranced the young human, wrapped her around your finger, so to speak. Haha. Oh god. I feel the wish inside of me to simply be back in my apartment, alone, perhaps doing some sketches - not that I can let my family know of such pursuits. I sigh inwardly. My family is, of course, ever present and with it, my obligations - namely, my obligations here.

And in the pursuit of these obligations, I may need the aid of people like Kloe, who are positively inclined to my anyway - though I of course also entertain the notion that her whole demeanor is simply meant to 'put me off of my game', and what would even attract her to me in the first place - but in any case, it will not do to unduly offend her and as such, I should handle this with care and...

<nil_> Zach Patience is a Virtue Kloe
<nil_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 4+1 = 5

...and I just pulled my hand away from hers far too quickly and reflexively, as if scalded. "Haha." And, naturally, I just said 'Haha' out loud like some sort of imbecile. Perhaps for my next trick, I shall fail to properly tie my shoes and trip to the amusement of all my 'peers' as if this were my first week among the humans! Simply to regain some dignity and to have something to do with my hands, I brush some imaginary dust off my front. Pull yourself together, Zachariah. "No time like the present, or so they say. Unless the two of you have something on your mind..." I nod towards Avery and Anne and it takes considerable effort not to interpret their looks as mocking. Ugh. This would never have happened to, say, Azure! "...please, by all means, lead on." I smile at Kloe, encouragingly, but somehow, my hands find their way into my pockets. Not that I am trying stupidly to avoid further entanglement with Kloe. That would be ridiculous as I am a master of any manner of social interaction. Ridiculous.

nil. fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 21, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions: Scarecrow, Dazed, Tongue-Tied

Well, it won't be like we're talking about anything all sophisticated or anything. Plus, I don't know any of these folks, and some of the old metalhead types got all sorts of weird views on everything, so I definitely don't want to start something. Plus, I'm kinda trying to figure out if some of the guys here are gals or whatever. Androgynous or whatever, I can't really tell what's going on with them. Both of them are kinda cute, I guess, but it's not like I'm gonna ask them about their junk or lack thereof. That'd be rude, internal narrator. Plus, their names are Blake and Brook(e?), so it's not like they're being obvious. And if it wasn't for the different hair colors and the fact that one's like half a foot taller than the other, they look related and poo poo. "So, wait, how much of this is permanent jobs for all of y'all?" Well, there comes my Eastern Oregon.

"I mean, I'm just here for the free drinks I'm being offered for helping with all of the lifting and poo poo. I mean, I get some cash, but it's not like I do this for a living. I'm just a guy who can lift some stuff." I grin over at Blake, who's the short one I hope, and look towards him? Her? Damnit. "There's more to this than just lifting and plugging things in, huh?" I take the pipe from her before she(?) starts talking.

Healing my harm for the scene using Party Hardy.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 20, 2016

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 2/5 | Conditions: Drained

Yeah, the music isn't great but it does have a beat you can move to. The dance floor crowds so that we're body to body. Victor pulls me even closer with a big smile on his face. He's happy, I'm happy, I don't see Zachariah anywhere; Life is good. After a few songs, I pull away from Victor to get a drink. A drinks and a little bit of space. "I'll be right back." I say as I move off the dance floor over to the bar counter. I idly think about what soda to get as I reach into my pocket and fail to find my wallet. I panic and search again: keys, phone, no wallet.

"Hey buddy." A voice says right behind me. I jump. I'm not very good with surprises. I spin around to see who's talking to me and find Victor laughing at me. "Didn't mean to scare you," he says in-between laughs.
"Heya, Victor. Why'd you stop dancing?" I say as I dig through my pockets once again, refusing to accept that I lost my wallet. No dice.
He ignores my question, "If you wanted something to drink, you could have asked me."
"I don't want to burden you. I have money." I look past him back to where we stood just to see if it was under my nose. No dice.
"It's fine." He turns around to see what I'm looking at. "What are you looking at?"
I look at the path I just took but, "No dice." I murmur to myself as a minor pit opens in my stomach.
"What are you doing?" He asks as he waves his hand in front of my eyes. "Did you drop something?"
"My wallet." We were in the middle of the floor, it could be anywhere. "I can't find my wallet."
He looks concerned, "Don't worry, we'll find it. Go check the floor again and I ask if someone has turned it in."
I nod and walk back the Dance Floor. I sigh. And I wanted to go home soon. I take one more look at the floor and scrounge my brain for any information.
-

Dark: Where is my wallet?
BClip !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot BClip, 6+1 = 7
Taking Lucid and Detailed but Drained

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 23, 2016

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 11 Going to ask the GM a question to follow

Dez is freaking out, but what else is new. I am made of sterner stuff; I have faith in Thea. "Chill, Dez," I tell him. "Groupie-Prime has got this." Seeing her talk to the CK bassist, I give her an encouraging nod and a wink. She really does look like she's handling it. Way to go, girl. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some stuff to arrange."

The Song is in my head, insistent. It wants sex and drugs to go with its rock and roll. It's very one-track that way, with what passes for its mind. Now, ordinarily, that would be cool, but I've got, like, fifteen minutes before I have to be on stage, so at this point we're talking not so much sex and drugs as half a toke and fingerbanging in a bathroom stall, neither of which is my scene. So I resolve to keep an eye out as I scan the bar. The hunger it's putting in my head has reminded me of the other half of its little plan; I need to buy a round of drinks after our soon-to-be-successful performance. "Round" implies money, which is also not my scene, so it's time to get creative.

I glance around the bar; who could be persuaded to pony up some cash for a good cause? Kloe is giving Zach gently caress-me eyes, which means she might be hard up. Anne likes me, but i don't know if it's that much. Jo's tab is already maxed out. Zach.... maybe.

Kat's question for the GM: where can she get some money?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh ho! My eyes sparkle with an air of amusement as Zachy flinches away from me. Is he shy? Did I fluster him? Oh, that’s wonderful. I might end up having some fun with this, if he can’t handle me teasing him a little... He agrees to go with me, and I can’t help but think he’s been drawn in past his depth, wanting me and being too scared to do anything about it. “Certainly~” His hands are in his pockets, so I slip my arm through one of his and start heading off.

I lead us along the wall of the bar until we get to some of the private drinking rooms. The bar has about five, just small rooms with the couch kind of thing lining the walls and a table in the center. They have a door though, and the empty one I take us to is right by the band, so we won’t be overheard. Granted, we’ll practically be unable to hear ourselves talk either, but, that’s the price we pay, I suppose.

In any case, I walk us, shutting the door casually with my foot as we pass, and move back to the far corner, pushing Zach there and squeezing in tight up next to him. Now, to find out what he knows. “Zachhhhhhariahhh~ what was it you wanted to talk to me about?” I lean in even further, so his arm is pressed against my chest, my lips barely an inch away from his ear, my hip bumping against his own and one of my arms trailing along his back, the other resting on his lap with enough weight he can’t possibly miss it.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 23, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

In retrospect, I should have perhaps denied Kloe and declined to have our meeting at this particular time, maybe with some sort of veiled reference to her inappropriate behavior. This would have established that Kloe is not, well, in charge. But what is done is done, and on our way to wherever it is we are going it becomes clear to me that his is the exact impression she has gotten, that she is in charge. It becomes obvious that her aggressive insistence on unprompted bodily contact and her associated 'teasing' banter are not in fact of an amorous nature but are indeed meant to make me uncomfortable - I admit they still accomplish that goal with bravado. But in an odd way, it makes it easier for me to deal with - I am quite familiar with others trying to make me small by 'pushing my buttons', and this seems to be exactly what Kloe is doing. Or perhaps it is merely in pursuit of the delight she seems to be feeling when another touch of hers makes me move yet another inch away from her. Delightful.

But, as I said, this makes matters far more simple and clear - Kloe is simply yet another human that delights in tormenting me. Any notion of... affection or even interest in me really should have been dismissed from the start - for after all, the only interest either of us has shown in the other was me inquiring whatever is behind her... resilience, and this is hardly aiming to, well, make a connection to another. Not that I would want to do anything like that, it is quite proper for, oh yes, such an exalted being as I am on such important tasks to be utterly alone and... Sigh. In any case, it is quite clear now to me what Kloe is doing and any earlier confusion on my part may be attributed to me making an effort to be... approachable and friendly, like Azure, which, in my arrogance, I assumed may lead to people approaching me and being friendly. No such luck, I am afraid - although I am certain Azure would have Kloe not ignoring, no, delight in ignoring, the very clear nonverbal signs that I had quite enough of the unnecessary closeness and urgh... What was the purpose of me studying the appropriate nonverbal cues of humans for months and months if others will just... ignore it?

Calmly now, Zachariah. We have arrived at some private room - once again, I am filled with the thought that perhaps this may have been a bad idea - and Kloe loses no time backing me into a corner and pressing into me, most likely feeling very accomplished when she made my arm brush over her chest. I thought that was it and I was able to manage it, but then she puts one hand on my back and the other - into my lap. This is... we barely know each other! No, no, I am being confused again, this is merely another stratagem to make me uncomfortable. Which it is still doing. But I must not let myself be pushed around, not without at least making an attempt at resistance - for after all, either I am successful or my tormentors can delight in my fruitless attempt to retain my dignity, everybody wins! Haha.

I put a free hand on Kloe's shoulder and start pushing her away, while simultaneously moving away from her enough so her hands are... no longer touching me. "You know what I want to talk about." Wait, why are things so loud - and why am I only noticing now? I shout it - although I usually do not like to raise my voice quite as much. "You know what I want to talk about!" Ugh, this is exhausting - how is one to weave subtle insinuations into what one is saying while at the same time shouting? Ah, of course, this must have been her intent. "Or rather, there might be something you wish to tell me about." I can't help but smile at the next bit. "I was always interested in the fall of man." I shrug, look at the ceiling for a second - finally feeling less restricted now that I have escaped her. "I thought it polite to first inquire with you, seeing as you are the source of the most fascinating question. But - if you wish to continue your..." I look at her and let her see my disapproval - I know she knows what I am talking about, the disrespect, but it is good to make it clear. "...current course, I am sure I can sate my curiosity by discussing the matter with others." Another shrug. "It is up to you."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Of course once Zach pushes me away, I back off -slightly, I stop the unwanted touching anyway, but I’m not letting him get far away- since afterall, I’m not going to force myself on him…. no that was a lie, I am going to, but not in that way. I give him a fake hurt expression. “What? Not interested? ...Are you into guys then? I thought after you refused to make out with Azure…”

“Buuut, clearly you want to talk business. So. What do you think you have to discuss with… ‘others’?” I shrug, as if he’s seen nothing of interest. “Rather a lot of people fall and are fine.” How much does he know, or think he knows?

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

That's better. Kloe gives me at least a modicum of space, although she makes it seem as if she were only indulging some unreasonable request of mine. But never mind that - why is it that everyone seems compelled to ascribe to me their own very individual interpretation of my sexual proclivities? Ah, and for some it does not stop even there, they feel the need to actually enact their views or fancies on me - see that addition of me and Azure having to 'make out' while the game was already underway, see Kloe's entire behavior just now - and never mind what my opinion or feelings on the matter may be! But is it not always so? Zachariah Abel, an instrument of others' desires, and what would be more proper than to take it to its logical conclusion, having others deciding on what my desires are as well?

I roll my eyes at Kloe. "Ah yes, you have cut to the heart of the matter. After being intrigued by me through our many private talks you have come to a deep understanding of my very soul and you have seen, that if ever there is a girl for me, why, it can be no other than yourself. So what are you to make of me not returning your oh-so-very subtle and gentle affection? It is simplicity itself. I am..." I look at her and carefully enunciate every word. "...'batting for the other team'." I sigh. I must stop myself - I am growing too venomous. I am uncertain why this entire topic irritates me so - perhaps it is the fact that until very recently, Kloe was in fact rather friendly and respectful, certainly when compared to many others, and now... Well, would it be too much to ask that, given all my efforts, my most resourceful aiding of people I might have a... I am searching for the word... a, well, confidante? "Let us not pretend, what could possibly make you truly interested in me?" I say it, then realize that that was perhaps a little bit too... self-deprecating. I of course meant that Kloe does not know me very well and as such has not discovered my many positive qualities! Yes, just so.

I shake it off and clasp my hands together. To business, yes. "It is true. Many people fall - though rather few, I would wager, do it from such a height as you did." I shrug. "Of course, one may survive a fall like this, though one might expect there to be a rather extended hospital stay in the aftermath. But you - you I saw just the day after, with nary a scratch." I unclasp my hands, raise them in a 'who knows' position. "It makes one wonder how such a thing is possible - or perhaps it is only me infected with the curse of curiosity. Although I think, perhaps, I would not be the only one interested in this."

"Now." I lean forward and smile, finally feeling like I regaining control of the conversation. "I do not mean to threaten you, I think we have both already done enough in getting off on the wrong foot. I assure you that I am merely... intrigued, that I merely wish to learn about your circumstances. Would you not rather be able to tell someone about what is on your mind instead of feeling... isolated with your own thoughts?" Not that I know anything about this, of course. "Perhaps I may even be of help, beyond my assurances of discretion. What do you say?" I think I can make my smile just a bit wider without being 'disturbing' - it took quite a bit of practice in front of my mirror to perfect the art, after all.

Spending string on Kloe to offer XP: Kloe will tell Zach about the nature of her survival/resurrection and consider him her confidante in this matter.
Temptation: If convinced to do something, carry +1 forward; upon completion, Zach gains string/XP.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

“What could make me interested, hmm, well, you’ve got money and you look pretty good. That’d be enough for me probably.” I give him a winning smile. His personality sure isn’t! “Anyway, you looked like a guy who liked what he saw but didn’t know how to respond, I was just trying to make it easier for you.”

“Yeah, well. What are you gonna do, go up and tell someone you saw me fall to my death and walk around? That’ll give you sent to a padded room at worst and a headline on the Weekly World News at best.” I spread my hands, partially in imitation of his own gesture earlier.

An ally… well. That is an interesting idea…. Hmm. “Now… I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you, wouldn’t I?” I scoot closer, not quite touching him though still. “You… You think that I have some deep secret, that I fell and was able to come back to life, or heal, unnaturally fast. You tell me that you know, and come off into this room, alone, where no one can hear you… You are a foolish one, aren’t you Zachy-Zachariah?”

It was at this point that I’d planned on sinking my teeth into his neck and draining him dry, buuuut… “We-ll- If there was some secret… I suppose help keeping it wouldn’t go amiss. Let's say there is one, for the moment. And let's say I agree to show you. Are you willing to pay my price?”

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm 0+1/4 | Experience /5 | Conditions: Bad Joke, Drained, Blamed.

Taking Light the Way for my level

Well, I can't say I didn't have that coming. I'm just glad she only spewed on the floor and squished the scorpion. I can probably expect an escalating series of responses making my life miserable for the foreseeable future though. I'm so busy being miserable that I hardly pay attention as Zach tries to act smooth and then vanishes with Kloe...oh for fucks sake, I needed to tell her about the plan I needed her for. Well, she can take care of Zach for now, no accounting for taste I guess.

Zach can have a string

Meanwhile, I need to solve at least one problem. Those fishy fuckers are still in here somewhere and I need to track them down before someone gets hurt. I can feel the pressure building up in my skull as The Emissary tries to get my attention.

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6-1 6

Giving the Emissary a string to use Downward Spiral to make a total roll of 8

Confusing and frightening visions please

Ugh, that was a bad one. I think my nose is bleeding.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Yeah, he really is pretty handsome, and such a gentleman, too! I was so worried I'd offended him, but not only did he respond all calmly and honourably, he let me keep the generous tip, too! I want to promise I'll help him, to show my gratitude, but he's already gone - he must be a pretty busy guy... Still, I've resolved that I'll introduce him to someone interesting, that's the very least I can do. But before I can get started on that, I feel my pocket get cold as an ice cube, and purely out of reflex I stick my hand in there, closing it tight around the ring - it feels like the right thing to do, at least!

And the coldness spreads, rapidly, through my veins, quicker than I can even think 'I've made a mistake'. It doesn't hurt, but it's a shock, an energizing, refreshing shock, like a freezing lightning bolt or something. My hand grips tightly around the ring like it's held shut by the current, and I open my eyes wide, wider, breathing in and out with air that turns to vapor when it passes my lips. It feels like I can see forever, with perfect crystalline clarity, and I look for a... question, yes.

'How do I get what I want?'

[12:41pm] Nown: Gaze into the Abyss
[12:41pm] Nown: !roll 2d6-1
[12:41pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 11-1 = 10
Clear and Lucid; Take One Forward

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

What may have attracted you to me was a rhetorical question, Kloe, I assumed this was obvious. I suppose hearing I look 'pretty good' is appreciated - I spend a good deal of effort on personal care - though the remark on me being rich and her elaborations regarding the supposed intention behind her behavior seems vaguely condescending and insulting. From a certain point of view, in any case - granted, if I were interested in getting to know Kloe better, some... openness would be helpful, but for her to immediately presume I am helpless does not seem right. It is not as if I have arrived in the human world only recently, being utterly clueless in such matters - if I set my mind to it, I am certain I could win the favor of, well, someone. Just like I seem to be able to gather a multitude of people that like me for me, I helpfully remark to myself in a manner that in no way at all could be called sarcastic.

Ugh. Now I am suddenly uncertain whether I have handled the matter correctly - I suppose there is no need to offend Kloe. Perhaps it is even true and in some manner, she was trying to... be friendly to me? But then we are back to business - and I think my best comment regarding her statement that I cannot go to anyone with what I saw her do is to remain silent and look unperturbed. Because it is true, of course, that going to a human institution would be of little point, there are those in the know that would not bat an eye at something so... odd. As do I.

She gets to considering my gracious offer and at first I assume her saying she would have to kill me is meant as a joke - I have found that humans threaten others, but not in earnest, quite a bit more than one might think. But then she continues like this and I can feel the reins of the conversation once again slipping from my fingers - apparently Kloe has gone from trying to make me feel uncomfortable to trying to intimidate me. I admit, I feel a shiver running up my spine - and I do not even have the presence of mind to curse my human body for this - but then she says my name like this and it is unacceptable!

I lean back forward, my eyes on her, at least temporarily fearless. "Zachariah. That is my name. And perhaps I was a fool to come here, seeing as how you seem to have everything on your mind but what I wished to discuss with you." I have to avert my eyes, but smoothly turn it into me moving away from her and towards the door. "I was genuine in being interested in your circumstances. in my offer of lending an ear and in my belief that I might be able to help you, but if all that awaits me in here are threats, attempts to belittle me and vague demands..." I manage to look at her for a moment, although the smile I give her may not be my finest work. "...then I have some Bourbon waiting for me outside. And we can continue this discussion at a later time." I reach for the door handle - a good negotiation tactic, or so I think I have read in a book my family gave me in preparation for my time in the human world. If all goes well, this should get Kloe to try to stop me - not physically, of course. Those threats were merely a negotiation tactic of her own. Of course they were. So there is no need at all to want to look over my shoulder to keep my eyes on her!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I roll my eyes, "Oh please Zachariah, I corrected myself immediately." He really was ridiculous about this name thing. Maybe I'd pushed too far in the threats? I hadn't expected him to try and run so fast. My hand darts out to grab him and pull him back, but I stop before reaching him. I can handle this without resorting to force.

Probably.

[13:13] hold steady
(Krysmbot) godfishphone, 11+1 = 12
1 forward

Instead, I lean back in the seat and kick my feet back. Make it look like this is no big deal. "Well? Discuss it then. Tell me what you think. Or give me done reason why I should trust you with my secret, if I have one."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, and I am to believe 'Zachy-Zachariah' was not some manner of extremely idiotic new version of a nickname but merely a slip of the tongue? In any case, it seems that Kloe has decided to at least slow down on the threats - she still has her air of casual bravado, but of course I do not expect her to grovel at my feet. Of course, what she points out is quite correct in that she will need some assurance that her telling me her secret is of some apparent benefit to her. I turn around - my back against the door - and once again smile, if only for a moment. "What I think is that while I may have no idea what caused your... current circumstances, I think that at the surface one may think they are quite fortuitous. One may be able to accomplish all manner of things if one were able to walk away from harm such as this. And yet..." I start pacing the small room, momentarily forgetting that I wanted to stay away from Kloe and close to the exit. "...here we both are, at the Flying Monkey, seemingly not having accomplished anything of note. So this is why I see the potential that someone with a different perspective may be able to provide useful advice, without knowing about your... particulars."

I think that was acceptable. This would be much easier if I knew a little more, but one has to make do. "As for why you should consider telling me in particular..." I stop and spread my hands, again feeling confident enough to look her in the eyes. "...as you have already mentioned, the average person may at best dismiss what you may say as a joke, yet here I am, already having an inkling yet not running for the hills or accusing you, but wishing to let you speak your mind. But..." I raise my hands in a placating gesture - it is amazing what one can do but with a simple movement. "... I do not wish to pressure you into anything."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Well, it sounds sort of like he's trying to hint at something? Or else has no reason and is trying to avoid saying it, because as far as I can tell he just said a whole fat lot of nothing. "So... what, this hypothetical me is supposed to... rob a bank or something? Then what, she gets shot, the money taken off, and then she comes back to life just as badly off as before? And..." I was mainly talking to fill the air while I thought, but... hold on. "What do you mean 'here we both are'?" I reluctantly shift my feet off the table, and lean forward, looking hard at him. "You want my secret, tell me yours."

If he does have some good ideas how to using being undead to make money, well, I'm not opposed to hearing.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Wait, did I really say 'here we both are'? Naturally, I aimed at establishing some sort of connection between the two of us, making it seem as if we are in similar circumstances - and the circumstances I were thinking of were certainly not a mutual connection to what may be termed the supernatural. My thoughts are interrupted by some of the earlier aggressiveness returning to Kloe's approach as she asks me for my secret - though it is not what she is saying that makes me want to back off again, but how she says this. This will take finesse. I once again put up my hands in a placating gesture. "It seems we are destined to misunderstand each other. I would not ask you to rob a bank - despite what the movies may tell us, it is rarely a good plan if one were to want to gain quick riches, as you so aptly pointed out." Two interesting things I notice in what Kloe says: she mentions coming back to life again - so her fall was indeed fatal and she is confident she would 'survive' something similar - and she has an interest in money. Still, while these details are intriguing, it seems as if a breakthrough is required before she will reveal the nature of her predicament - otherwise, I think we will continue circling each other like two predators uncertain which one of them is the stronger one, which one of them should strike first.

Another approach then. I lean against the wall and look up at Kloe as if considering something - which is the truth, albeit with a bit more deliberation than what my manner might imply. I sigh - outwardly, brush back my hair. "Very well, I will be honest with you. What I meant with 'here we both are' is... " I do not have to fake this being difficult for me to say - though perhaps a bit of actual honest is required. This may be something Azure would do, no? "...that the Flying Monkey is not filled with the young and successful, those that have accomplished their dreams - that do, in fact, know what their dreams are - but rather, well, people like us." I shrug slightly, but inwardly I am vaguely horrified by my frankness - perhaps I should take up writing a diary again after all lest I run the risk of.. exposing myself like this.

I fake-clear my throat, more to put a punctuation mark on my own thoughts, and continue. An idea if forming in my mind. "As for what qualifies me to be the one you tell your secret to - and I think it is well established that you do in fact have one - consider this." I pull off my glasses - another human gesture I am fond of - and look her straight in the eyes, though I make them less... aggressive than Kloe. "I know of a few other... oddities apart from yourself that have piqued my curiosity. I was uncertain whether this would be of any interest to you, so I suppose I was somewhat vague in detailing what exactly you may be able to help me with." Another sigh. All this honesty and... what begins to approach humility better show an effect! "But as I said, I do not wish to pressure you into anything - you make your own choices."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark +2
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Damage: 0

Taking XP for that Hot and cold roll I made earlier.

Man. gently caress that bullshit, gently caress Anne, gently caress Zach, especially gently caress Zach, gently caress everyone. I wander for a bit, simply fuming.

I eventually find my way to the dance floor. Aaah... Now I can relax. There's nothing quite like bumping and grinding and finding yourself having all sorts of fun, is there? There's nothing like picking out partners, wooing them over, having a good night... Or just feeling the beat through your body, moving with no plan, through the warm mesh of gyrating bodies.

If you haven't gotten the hint, I think dancing is pretty great.

Eventually I do find someone. Surprisingly enough, SHE finds ME. A cute little blonde girl, all made up, in a cute little dress. I don't know why you would wear a dress to ap lace like this, but I'm not going to complain. She wears it well. I smile, a glittering, sensual smile, nodding right back to Mary. "Callista." I'm happy to dance with her for a while, enjoying her company... But I want more. I want to enjoy myself, tonight, in as small or as big of a way as I can. I want... her. It's worth a shot.

"Heeey, Mary. I don't suppose you happen to be busy tonight? I would enjoy some more time with you. You're such a good dancer, you know that?" I smile, practically fluttering my eyelashes. She'll be putty in my hands.

<Talia> <Talia> Manipulate an NPC
<Talia> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Talia, 4+2 = 6

Though I have to admit that's only part of what's keeping me busy. There's something else I want to see. I'm reaching out to the world- I awnt to know how I can gently caress Zach over right back. I just have to close my eyes, and think. I'm spontaneous enough. The answer will just come to me, if I think about it for a second. Surely, right? It's always worked before.

<Talia> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Talia, 6-1 = 5
<Talia> WELP

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions:

I hadn't noticed the douchebro tag-team approach, which was a real bummer since if I had I would've hid in the bathroom or something. As it stands, they were doing douchebro tag-team move number...what was it six or something?: box the target in. Under the table I clenched my fist - it was too close to the full moon for me to feel boxed in, but I didn't want to go full lycanthropic amazon on anybody just yet, mostly because I was already pushing my luck being back in the Monkey tonight and I didn't want to get thrown out for real. So instead I shot a withering glance to the rear end in a top hat draping himself over the booth and turned my attention to the turd floating in the seat across from me.

"Looks can be deceiving. I'm really not looking for company. And you are REALLY, really not my types, trust me." Of course, some of the venom I'm sure I felt probably wasn't coming across over the house music and all, but surely the angry glare I was giving over my glasses was good enough for that, right?

Trying to shut down the dudebros

<LifeGetsWorser> ok, time to make Jo's night worse
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4-1 = 3
<LifeGetsWorser> hahaha, wow.

Uhm. XP I guess.

Right?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 2 (Last prompts of this scene)
About 11:45
Scarecrow Boat launches into their last song - an enthusiastic and folk-inspired cover of Raining Blood - and it's actually surprisingly good. They're putting out a lot of energy, and the dancers out on the floor are reacting positively to it. Naked Soul Rat is on in five minutes.

Bar Area
Anne - The Emissary Speaks to you, though it's mechanistic and gargantuan voice seems almost distorted.

The Emissary posted:

And I saw beasts coming out of the lake. They had nine horns and seven tails, with nine heads to be chopped off by the Chosen. The beasts I saw resembled a fish, but had feet like those of a man and swords that roared like lions, and stalked a porter clad in black, wreathed in warm smoke and loud music. Stop them, oh Chosen.
That's all you've got to work with, sadly - but at least you've some vague idea of what you're up against and what they're after. Your nose is definitely bleeding by the way. How are you going to handle this situation?

Avery - You see two paths, both so clear to you. One, to a secret garden, near where you live. You've no idea how you've never noticed it before, it's like a small section of a serene heaven - and what's more, you can feel that there's something there that will help you with your Pursuers. The other path is quite short, but you can see how long it extends for, how difficult it might be. Right behind you, Jo's having a hard time, and not just with the two bros harassing her. She could really use a good friend - and you can tell that she'd be one for you in return, even if it'd take a while. You somehow know that you can only choose one of these things, that the other will be lost to you. Which is more important to you? (Take the forward to whichever you pick).

Jo - "Dude she's giving you the look!" One declares, raising his hand for a highfive, which the other instantly responds to with an enthusiastic "Yeah she is!" and highfives him back. The one across from you leans in closer, the other sits right next to you, and now the booth smells a lot like Axe body spray and a little like blood. "Listen, you like me, him, both of us?" The one that looks like he got punched in the face asks, and yeah, needless to say they have not gotten the hint yet. How do you respond to this escalation?

Dance Floor
Azure - Now that you focus, you can sorta remember when it fell out. During that one drum solo, and then you see it get caught underfoot, swept away in the undertow, washing ashore at the edge of the dance floor... only to be promptly picked up by Dani, who crept away from the bar and nabbed it! She reaches into it, grinning, and - Jostled by a dancer, it seems there's some sort of commotion closer to the center. Care to help, or does your wallet take priority?

Callista - Unfortunately, both your thoughts and Mary's answer are interrupted by someone more or less hip-checking you. You're knocked over, and what's even worse, no one really seems to notice or care - it's hard to get back up with everyone dancing so enthusiastically around you, but you're just asking to get stepped on where you are. How do you deal with this? (Take one harm)

Backstage
NSR - No sooner are you back in the bar proper than someone's trying to wave you down. "Yo Katt, aren't you guys on soon?" Dani calls, then strides away from her semi-permanent seat at the bar to greet you more closely. "You hate Nina too, right?" She asks, and you see both the Song and... something else playing in her eyes. "What can I do to help? Need money or something? I have a spare card or two you could use." The Song's arranged this too somehow. Do you look this gift horse in the mouth, or just go along with the flow?

Thea - Your plan seems to be working. The bassist whose lap you're sitting in is definitely interested, smiling back at you and saying "Yeah.." to your suggestion, casual as can be. The rest of Cannibal Kitten seems to have turned back to gossiping with groupies or getting ready for the show, so the bassist leans in and whispers. "I'm Sarah, you doing anything later tonight?" She hasn't started playing yet, unfortunately - it seems she really wants an answer to that question. How do you answer her? (If you give her a somewhat favorable answer, you get the demonstration / string.)

Parking Lot - Van
Finn - In between tokes Mike tells you he does this for a living - he'd been on tour recently, but just got back into town this week. Doesn't mention what band though. He passes the blunt to Blake (or is it Brook(e)?), and they both tell you between coughing fits that they're just friends with Nina, so they carry stuff for Cannibal Kitten. You get the impression that 'friends' may be a big exaggeration, but any further musings are temporarily interrupted by a text from Ross, who's bored in the manager's office and wants to know if you'll sell him any weed. Care to, or having fun here?

Private Room
Zach - Wow, you're tipping your hand, letting the mask slip a bit, aren't you? What do you manage to say, while you're being so honest, that your father would be ashamed of and that you'll regret? Speaking of your father, your earlier observation that you're less magically powerful than the rest of your family was quite correct. You feel a sense of pervasive, ominous dread for a few moments - exactly like a mouse before a patriarchal serpent (take one harm) - and then everything's normal again... still, what do you do?

Kloe - How do you respond to Zach's accusations and suggestions? Speaking of him, he's not looking so good - for just a brief second, he's wearing almost the same face your meals do. What do you make of it? Do you think he's scared of you - that he might tell someone else about your condition to gain leverage? What do you do?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4 Exp: 5/5 Conditions:

Oh for the love of god, what the gently caress was the problem with men and the not getting of hints? Even if the fuckers weren't barking up the wrong, wrong tree (which they were!) the drunk and bloody and REEKING of loving Axe was not doing them any sort of favors, and neither was the tasteless loving celebration in wake of me politely shutting them the gently caress down. Totally not listening. Great. Well, I could speak other languages, too.

Oh and let's be clear, the stink of blood booze and axe mixing together was driving my nose crazy and not in a good way. In a repressed apex predator sort of way.

"Okay, so obviously we have a bit of a misunderstanding. When I said 'not my type', you must've thought I meant 'hit on me more', but see, that's wrong. When I said 'not my type', busted-grill bro, I meant: gently caress Off." I growled. That was supposed to be it, but the growl came out a bit more...canine than I intended it to, and well, the part of my brain that was twigging on it being T-Minus 36 hours to the Full Moon apparently wanted out a mite early. So the "gently caress Off" was accompanied by a shove against the guy's shoulder - far harder than I intended it to be (or really, was usually capable of...at least before the whole biting incident, thing).

Let's lash out at the closest bro

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+2 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> gosh Krysm, way to make me feel welcome

I'll deal a harm, take a string, and make him lose a string on me (in case the hard move generated one). And take an Xp for rolling Volatile. So that's 5 now, hmm.

I'll take Smiting from the Angel playbook with the advance.

Standing up, I glare at the one sitting on the other side of the booth for a moment before I point at the rear end in a top hat sprawled out on the floor in front of me. "Right, plain language. gently caress OFF. And don't think about starting something to assuage your fragile loving male egos, you're already not impressing anyone, okay!?"

Shutting down floor-bro again, since I have scent of Blood I'll add +1 to the roll.

<LifeGetsWorser> and, well, since i have scent of blood
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> huzzah!

Trade conditions: he's "Inadequate".

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody, Terrified

"Maybe... I haven't really made any plans for after the show..." I may not be very good at subtle things, but I know what Sarah wants. Well, at least I have a general idea, even if the details are kinda hazy. I don't even really have to lie, because I honestly don't know. Planning ahead isn't really something I do. And it's not like I'm not curious but she's with Cannibal Kitten and I'm on a mission from Kat! I'm just glad that somehow whatever I'm doing is having the intended effect for once, so I play along. "I guess that means I have time for all kinds of things."

I lounge about in her lap some more, going along with her for the most part until I finally get her to pick up her bass and show me where to put my hands and stuff. She spends a lot of time brushing her fingers over mine and somehow I get the feeling she's not actually showing me how to play at all. Someone makes a joke that Sarah should maybe try to get properly warmed up for the set and someone else adds that she seems plenty heated up already. I don't quite get it, but it seems they're more laughing at her than me for once and somehow I know that this is the right moment. I get up, taking the bass with me as if to free her up to stand and quip back at her bandmates.

I've never held a bass before but that's alright, I can feel something tugging in the back of my skull again and all it takes is to empty my mind and my head floods with all kinds of things. It's like a brilliant sea of chaotic lights and I reach out for the one I need. I don't understand how I know but somehow this makes perfect sense to me. My eyes shine with the clarity of distant stars beyond the void and... I feel my posture shift a little into the same stance Sarah takes when she's playing on stage and suddenly I know everything about this bass. How it rests in Sarah's my hands and how to best hold it, what kind of chords to play and how to move my fingers to accompany Cannibal Kitten's songs. But most importantly, I know which one's the g-string and how to quickly take the tension off of it and detach it from the instrument. While everyone's attention is elsewhere I wrap the string into a coil and stuff it in my pocket before placing the bass down on the couch.

"Hey, I better let you guys get ready for the show and all." I tell the room in general and make a hurried retreat. I have the vague feeling that Sarah doesn't have a replacement string either, but the feeling of being, well, her, is fading and I wonder if that isn't just wishful thinking. It'd be nice, but the most important part is that Naked Soul Rat will be able to perform properly! I make my way over to them with a triumphant smile as I pull the string out of my pocket and hold it out to Akiko.

Spending that String on Sarah to invoke Madman's Knowledge on fluff/her bass skills as discussed in IRC some time ago.

• Locked thread