Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot +2 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 Harm 1/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

It is the most curious thing: In trying to convince Kloe to talk about herself, I seem to have manoeuvred myself into a position where I feel compelled to actually talk about myself - by which I do not mean the usual charming banter of no significance, but of matters that are actually on my mind with far too little obfuscation. For some reason, it makes me feel... melancholic and reminds me of my days in the human schools - filled with the occasional humiliation, but it was not all bad... Ah, I should have brought some more Bourbon with me. I look up at Kloe and I know I should simply wait for her answer and not continue talking - but I do. "I sometimes think of us here - the Flying Monkey - as something akin to a..." I wave my hand around searching for the word. "...Graveyard of Ambition. For if we had the strength or will for greatness, we would have already achieved it and would not spend our evenings and nights here, no?" I sigh. I... I should truly stop talking now! As if compelled, I look up at Kloe and the smile on my lips is not the kind I trained myself to use at all!

"Rather dramatic, I am aware. I used to try my hand at poetry..." A cold shiver runs up my spine - why did I tell her this? Why did I tell anyone this? "...and I enjoyed it as an alternative outlet compared to my obligations at the time..." Why am I still talking?! And why did I not manage to hide the hint of melancholy in my voice? "...but it did not work out." I finish lamely, my voice somehow having grown weak. For a moment, I seem to lose myself in a memory of my father finding out that I had been... wasting my time and then forcing me to burn my volumes of adolescent poetry. The smoke stung my eyes, made my vision blurry, and I had to avert my gaze from him and the fire. Of course, in retrospect, my creative outpourings back then were amateur and somewhat embarrassing, but at least in one instance made me, well, genuinely connect with someone - or so it seemed at the time. The writing seemed to be entirely my own, somehow able to express something I never truly managed to say with words, for, after all, I had been taught that my words were a tool to be used in the service of greater things and so... And so... But all of that is past - and apparently I need to remind myself of this fact, for it is almost as if I can smell the bitter smoke again and-

My hand goes to my nose, it itches. My finger comes back with a small red stain - it was not smoke I smelled but my own blood. And then suddenly, it is as if the room shrinks around me, aims to constrict me, as if somehow, there is no way out and my eyes go wide in a most uncontrolled and undignified manner. My hands grasp for something, anything to hold on to. I feel like I am falling, slipping - or perhaps that is merely my impression since suddenly, everything around me seem impossibly large, foreboding, impossible angles boxing me in, trying to blot out the sky, no, the ceiling, make it look like a thing far, far away. I feel the irresistible urge to run away but at the same time, some manner of...paralysis just as powerful keeps me rooted to the spot and I cannot help but curse this body. I can feel the beating of my... my human heart. I tell myself over and over that this is very undignified, that I am showing weakness in front of Kloe, that I should be better than this, that I have to be better than this if I want to avoid further humiliation - but somehow, haha, yelling at myself concerning the various ways I am inadequate does not seem to have the desired effect. Which of course is quite the disappointment seeing as quite a number of people are of the no doubt well-informed opinion that this is the most appropriate way to motivate me!

This is idiotic - a room cannot try to imprison me, no matter how much it may seem this way, imprisoning implies some sort of... intent. An intent, old, powerful and patient - suddenly, the wall of the room towering above me, seemingly bent over me for a moment takes on the aspects of... a moving, alive thing. I recoil and feel the instinct the shield my face with my arms, to tell my fa- to tell the wall that I will do better, that I have learnt my lesson. But, this is merely a phantom, it cannot hurt me and...

<nilPhone> Zach Hold Steady
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 4+1 = 5
MC: Hard Move.

"Ah!" Even though I know better, I finally shield my face from something that is not there, my eyes closed, my body shying away from a strike that will never come.

And then, as suddenly as it came, it is gone. Or perhaps that is not the truth, it is only the invisible pressure that has gone, the sense of being entrapped - but I am still here and I can feel my shirt sticking to my back. My more primal panic leaves my eyes, to be replaced at panic at what I just did in front of Kloe. Indulging in such a showing of weakness in the privacy of my apartment is all well and good, but how is someone like Kloe supposed to respect me if she able to see me like this? Nobody is supposed to see me like this, not my family and certainly not the humans I am tying to... guide. And to think that earlier, I was under the illusion this evening may turn out in my favour! I look over at Kloe and clear my throat - a cliché gesture, yes. "I also turned to amateur acting, as you can see. Quite good, no?" I cannot tell whether my smile seems sufficiently genuine, sufficiently assured. I really should have taken some more Bourbon with me.

Of course, I can very much guess at what just happened - just as Syntyche earlier, someone in my family, and I am reasonably certain I know it was... father, decided to express their... displeasure. I sigh inwardly and try to concentrate on Kloe - right now, I feel I have done all that I can in convincing her to tell me whatever her secret is. "But enough about personal matters - my personal matters, in any case." I can't even bring myself to ask her again - I suppose she will either tell me or she will not.

nil. fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Vol 1 Dark -1 Integrity 1+1
XP: 4/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

The garden looks beautiful to me - more than just the way it looks, it feels... safe, like nothing I've felt before. Somewhere I know I'll be forever safe. For a single shameful moment my thoughts and heart tug me towards it. But then I look down the other path, to Jo - Jo who I've already let down. Jo, being harassed and bullied by two drunk A-holes... and I can't pretend even for a moment that I'd choose my own safety over hers. Taking a point of Integrity

Besides, tough girl or not, those are two big, drunk macho guys she's squaring off against, and while the nearest bouncer's Spidey Sense has been triggered and he's starting to look this way, he's a ways away, and this could get ugly before he can get in to kick these punks out. So... before I even really think about it, I pick up my empty serving tray and march towards Jo and her unwanted suitors.

People always think I'm weak and frail because I'm so pale and skinny, but I'm magic, remember? Powered by righteousness. So when I scream "How about you leave her alone, bro!?" and swing the tray, two-handed, into the last bro standing's face, it probably hurts way more than he expected a girl like me could muster!

[10:56am] Nown: Lashing Out
[10:56am] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[10:56am] Krysmbot: Nown, 8+1 = 9
I do one harm to the bro that Joanna didn't hit (maybe two, if this counts as a weapon?), and he can do one harm to me, too. Marking XP and taking my first advance: the Unicorn move
Prophecies: When you predict the outcome of a PC's intended action well before they undertake it, roll with integrity (& then erase 1). On a 10 up, the decisive move's roll will succeed as a result of 10 up, or automatically miss, choose now. • On a 7-9, as above, but you'll have to be there to help it along.
On a successful roll, read this aloud: "A PC may defy this prediction by breaking their own heart."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 2/5 | Conditions: Drained

I react slowly to getting bumped into by another dancer. I guess I'm more tired than I thought. How late is it? There looks to be some sort of commotion near the center. Nothing too serious if people are still dancing. As helpful as I want to be, I'm no use when it comes to the physical stuff and I'm doubly useless when I'm as sleepy as I am. I'm sure they can solve it by themselves just as well as if I was at the sidelines. I tell myself this as I head back to the Bar.

Honestly, I just want to get my wallet and head home.

I look over and see Dani talking to Katt and her band. Dani's holding my wallet out to her. I'd recognize it anywhere. It has stripes of blue, white and yellow, arranged to look like the beach. I don't know what the two of them were up to but it doesn't really matter. I approach the two of them in a muted fashion. I'm not angry or upset, I just want one thing. "You have my wallet," I calmly say as I point to the wallet in Dani's hand. "I dropped it earlier and you seemed to have found it. It would be really kind if you gave it back to me."
-

Manipulate Dani
[20:48] BClip Oh dearest Krysm, please let me get my wallet back.
[20:48] BClip !r 2d6
[20:48] Krysmbot BClip, 12 = 12
[20:48] BClip Thank you
[20:48] Rauri hahahaha

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 29, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot 0 | Cold +1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2+3/5 | Conditions: None

One EXP for the Hold Steady in that phonepost

I frown at Zach now after he's finished his bit, he... still has given me exactly no reason to trust him. Now, its not like he's wrong that I'm not spending my time at the Flying Monkey because that's what I want to be doing with my life. But, his best reason to tell him my secret was, because he knew some other people had secrets? Even if I believed that -well, I might believe that, its not like I don't know other things exist thanks to Anne- that seems like a good reason not to share mine with him, unless he was going to spill some of theirs to me first. Which he didn't do.

So for now, with nothing to say, I just look at him. Its a strategy that feels like it should work much better than it usually does, but force it does actually work, and he keeps talking, perhaps to fill the air. He still isn't telling me anything actually convincing, but... it seems more unfiltered than usual. Talking at how he used to write poetry, again about how this bar seems to drag in people with no future - so millennials, and me. And then, suddenly, he... flinches is the best word to describe it. A look of panic, or fear, almost certainly a 'deer in the headlights' look. I've seen it before, on the more lucid of my... meals... But it isn't quite the same, it's directed slightly off from me, as if he was seeing something that wasn't me there. And then, just as suddenly, its over. He's talking again something about acti-

Ahhhhh. Ahh, the smell. The smelllll. That warm, salty, fresh scent of his blood is drifting over across the air to me. My vision blurs ever so slightly, as all my senses hone in on his blood. A nose bleed? Doesn't matter. I'd come in here planning on eating originally, the best way to keep my secret safe. I'd put it off long enough, listing to him ramble. I stand up. "Alright Zachariah. You've convinced me." I smile, and walk towards him, body swaying slightly - as if drunk or trying to look sensual, or both, but the real cause is the scent pulling me on.

"I'll tell you my secret. Or, the... explanation behind it. Rather, I'll show you, it's easier to understand when you see it." I've closed the gap between us, and I reach out slowly, looping my fingers around his collar and pulling him up. "It might be frightening, but don't panic. You'll be alright." My lips curl up into a smile, hungry, feral. "I hope you don't plan on betraying my trust though." With that I pull him the rest of the way up to me, and then jerk my head forward, sinking my teeth -fangs now- into his neck, puncturing the important veins and start to slurp hungrily, noisily at his blood. Ahh that tastes so loving GOOD!! I can feel the hot warmth of his life pumping through me, filling my own, cold, cold veins with new life.

<godfish> lash out at Zach
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+1 = 6
Have a +1 forward from my Hold Steady, thats a 7, pursuing a hunger is 8.
Deal 1 harm, Zach and deal one back if he wants, EXP for Vol

Then triggering The Feeding, we both gain 1 exp, I'll Cure 1 Harm and Zach doesn't die (:toot:)

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 1/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

I look up at Kloe and in the process, realize I had let my shoulders hang - I force myself to take up a more confident stance. Feeling defeated is all well and good, but letting it show in the presence of others is another thing entirely, after all. There is no telling what damage I have already done to the opinion Kloe might have of me. It is at that point that I notice the change in Kloe, her entire expression, the way she moves - and she is moving over to me. I manage to check the impulse to recoil, I seem to have somewhat recovered from the earlier... agitation, but still, I cannot help but wonder what she intends to do. She is saying that I have convinced her - a pleasant thought - but her body language tells me otherwise. Did she mistake my show of... weakness as encouragement for her to continue her earlier attempts? I hold up a warding hand, to little effect. "I am sure it is meant to be very flattering..." She is close - too close for comfort, and with a manic certainty I know that she has sensed my earlier weakness and now thinks she can do with me as she wills. Her mouth is saying she will tell me her secret, but I know better - she once again wishes to threaten me, wishes to see me squirm. I avert my face from hers and try to keep my voice steady, looking at her sideways as if the few more inches away from her would give me safety. "...but I have told you I am not interested."

My words have no effect. It is with a shock that no doubt would be most amusing to an onlooker that I bump against the wall in some instinctual attempt to get away from Kloe, but it would seem that the wall has finally managed to entrap me and all it took is working with the girl I know believe I should never have gone with alone and who makes me severely uncomfortable! There is no space left for me to avoid her fingers around my collar. "There is no need for this." She keeps talking about me being frightened, panicking and I am loathe to admit it is true. And... betray her trust? What trust is she talking about?

I am about to force myself to look into her eyes again, to not let myself be cowed like this, to tell her again that I am not interested when with a violent motion, she pulls me closer to her still. I try to protest, but the words die in my mouth as a sharp pain in my neck makes me freeze up - and not simply my body seems to disobey both commands and instinct and makes me stand there like an idiot, my mind too is lost in a haze, unable to form any coherent thought. I can feel the warmth draining out of my body, and although I am oddly... disconnected from the feeling itself, the realization is frightening. I do not know how much time passes, only that I spend it with my mouth hanging open and staring at the ceiling, not even fully aware of the head buried into my neck.

At some point, Kloe is... done with me and I am allowed to stagger back, pressing my hands against the wall to keep myself up. I have to blink several times to be able to focus, blurred shapes flying through my field of vision, a weakness disguised as light-headedness crawling through my mind. My mind is sluggish, but with a detachment that makes it seem as if I am an observer of my own weak ridiculous body, I process what I now know is Kloe's 'secret'. One of the undead, a vampire, to be more precise. A drinker of blood, but the fact that it was my blood seems distant and irrelevant right now. I try to look at her, but I can only raise my eyes far up enough to see her legs. The fact that one of the attendees of the Flying Monkey is a vampire is, at this moment, of little interest to me - instead, what occupies my mind is the fact that I let myself be tricked into believing I could handle this matter with some well-chosen words. But instead, I let myself show weakness and as I should have expected, that weakness was seized upon and I was... used.

I pull myself up, a trace of disgust showing on my face. I should never have come here alone, certainly not with the illusion that my counterpart would adhere to the... human social contract. I still cannot look Kloe in the eyes, so I am intensely studying this rooms floor. I should have come with more knowledge, more preparation, blackmail material - some way of being able to hurt Kloe should she decide to hurt me, or rather, to take from me what she wanted. And to think I thought that my inadvertent sharing of some of my inner thoughts would lead to some manner of connection - have I learned nothing? Kloe is a predator, and it is of little significance what exactly she wants to force me into relinquishing, the salient fact is that I mistook for something else and paid the price.

My mouth contorts a final time and I turn to leave - I would not even know what to say, and I shall not give Kloe the satisfaction to hear me try to defend myself from her some more.

<nilPhone> Zach Patience Is A Virtue Kloe
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 11+1 = 12
Giving Kloe the condition 'Snake Food'.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Snake Food

Spending my Advance on Inescapable

It takes a lot of effort to pull away from Zachariah while he still has enough blood flowing through him. But I manage-barely. I pull my fangs out, lick away a few droplets of blood from around where I bit, and step back, licking my lips. I can see him sag, so I reach out and firmly push him down into the seats, then move away to sit down across from him again, still feeling on top of the loving world, and alive again, really alive. I spend the next bit watching him in silence, waiting to see how he'll respond, and he just... doesn't. He even starts to get up to try and leave, at which point I decide enough is enough. "Oh stop looking so hurt, you're fine. I left you with plenty of blood."

"Sit down, you're too light headed to go anywhere yet." I stuff my hands into my pockets, and fish around through the jumble of change and keys and poo poo and pull out a peppermint pinwheel. Well, that wasn't perfect, but it'd do. I toss it to him. "Here- you'll want some sugar. And make sure to drink a lot of water after this." Leaning back in my seat, I frown at him. "Now, I assume that didn't answer all your questions, so hit me, what do you want to know? You did ask me to confide in you, and that isn't happening if you run off."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 1/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

Kloe seems entirely pleased with the situation, content to watch me internally deal with the aftermath of her... assault on me. The feelings of disgust in me are, I am afraid to say, only partially directed at her for I cannot help but direct some of it at myself. If I had been more careful, I might have avoided this happening to me. Did I encourage her in any way - her earlier remarks along these lines take on a different aspect now and idiotically, I wonder at my own culpability for what happened. The entire matter is somehow different from other humiliations that people have visited upon me, perhaps it is Kloe's self-evident conviction that I really have no reason to take affront, that it was something I should have let simply happen to me without comment. Or perhaps it is the aspect of... unwanted intimacy that makes my skin crawl.

Kloe taunts me with some sort of... sugar snack - as if she were a human parent buying ice cream for their child, I have seen this - and I briefly glance down at it, then back up at her. I finally manage to look her in the eyes, and I suppose they are not as focused as they normally are. She tries to frame her actions as some sort of grand gesture on her part, as if it was what I was asking for when I inquired as to her circumstances and it makes my fantasies of revenge suddenly jump to the forefront of my mind. Is it not enough that she humiliates and uses me - now she must also try to pretend it was my doing? Oh, I am sure she would like nothing better than for me to nod my head, to acknowledge her greatness and wisdom and admit that, yes, it was all me that caused everything visited upon me.

But I have to stay calm and do not give her more cause for violence for my situation is still precarious - perhaps her 'suggestions' regarding sugar and water are good, but I will certainly not debase myself further by accepting any 'gift' of hers. I focus on her and it is frightening how sluggish my mouth, my mind works before I can speak. "No, thank you." With that, I turn away again, stumbling towards the door.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 XP 2/5 Conditions: Scarecrow, Dazed, Tongue-Tied

I check my phone, and while I don't really want to leave, I'm definitely feeling high enough to head out and still be functional without being all confused and poo poo. Sooo, if I'm gonna make a grand exit, now'd be the time. I give a grin over towards Brook.. e? as I hand probably her the little piece we're using. "Love to stay, but I gotta get back out there in case people need anything. Nice meeting all of y'a..ou, probably see you around." I nod towards the group, awkwardly making my way out of the van, trying not to leave the door open for too long. Probably don't wanna hand out my number in case someone takes that as some sort of weird flirting and they don't want it or whatever. Respect your boundaries and others and everything like that. I get out without too much trouble, making my way over towards the backstage area and heading on through. Need to stop by wherever Avery is, and figure out..

Um, figure out that we're actually Fight Club Bar now and that Avery and Jo are getting into a fight with a bunch of dumb people who smell like they got ambushed by body spray bombers. Jesus loving.. I see one of them about to hit Avery, and decide to jump in on that one. She may have thrown the first punch, but she's not exactly the kind to do that for no reason.

[06:35.38] <thelazyblank> Take The Blow for Avery
[06:35.41] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6
[06:35.43] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7 = 7
Take the hit, XP for rolling Volatile.

I get something hard hitting me in the face, which I do feel even through the haze. "Jesus Christ! What the gently caress is going on here? On a scale from 1 to 10, how many times are you going to need to be hit in the face? Do I need to call the bouncer?" I look over at Avery, still somehow grinning despite the obvious hit I just took. "Anyways, if the NSR people need anything, tell them I'm talking to Ross and I'll be right down. As long as it isn't technical. You okay?"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

I grin at Danni. Clearly, music works in mysterious ways. "Danni, you are a darling," I kiss her on the cheek and I'm about to accept the money when that guy Azure comes up and ruins everything.

His wallet? Well, that's... drat. The money would be nice... essential, really... but I literally do not have time to get into a he-said-she-said receiving stolen property type of hassle. I'm on in fifteen, and it's going to take me at least ten to get Dez to stop hyperventilating into a bag. I let go of the money and turn to smile at Azure. "Hi, Az! Danni was just looking for you. Nice to see you, but I've got to get backstage."

I split, hurrying out of there. The Song is not pleased. I feel discordant tension thrum through my legs, although it eases as I get backstage and find Thea silently presenting Akiko with new bass strings. Akiko still looks sullen, but I can see from here that the string is good. My faith in our new groupie is justified tenfold.

A little mischievous note in my head makes me sneak up behind Thea and hug her while she's handing over the string. "Thea! You are amazing! How'd you ever manage to get those bitches to part with a bass string?" I spin her around to face me, grinning. "This deserves a reward. Are you doing anything after the show? You could come over to our house and hang with the band, and talk, and... stuff." I let her go.

"Akiko! Get that thing tuned up. Dez, stop freaking out. Jeff... do your thing. It's show-time!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Snake Food

"Don't be an idiot. Sit down." Ugh. This was not going well for my first attempted feeding on someone sober. Or feeding on someone and letting them understand what had happened. I let out a small groan and shake my head a couple times. "poo poo, sorry. I wasn't trying to..." I don't really know where I'm going with this. I'm not sorry, but acting contrite might get him to stick around so I can make sure he isn't planning on ratting me out. And I didn't think this through particularly clearly. Should have drained him dry. "ugh, I don't know. I need to drink blood to live. And the smell of it... pushes me forward. You know, blood in the water sharks get into a feeding frenzy? Its like that. Your nose bleed and I just went TIME TO EAT and went in the for the kill. Had enough left to make sure it wasn't a kill though."

Confiding in Zach whether he likes it or not for that XP

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 2/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused

Marking XP via Temptation/completed task (Kloe telling Zach about her circumstances and considering him her confidante).

Kloe keeps talking at me, and I admit the cold feeling of revulsion crawling up my spine that makes me stop in my tracks is far more intense and far less under my control than I would like. I force myself to stop and turn around slowly - and while turning, I cannot help but wonder why my I am so... agitated - no, not merely agitated but filled with a deep... discomfort at what happened. No, no, these words are all too mild for what I am feeling - my mind is in an uproar, I can tell that much, though the intensity of my...upset is unusual. I try to calm myself - I have received blows from those physically more powerful than me before, have had my possessions stolen, have been humiliated - and I managed to endure, so how is this different? I try to put it in words, but all I can think of are ways I would describe what happened to my family - an 'incident', someone who 'stands in the way of our plans' - carefully robbed of anything I might be feeling and only aimed at what is of interest to them. And thus I am left to grasp for something I cannot delineate with words but that nevertheless is there, a ball of... pain and humiliation and shame in my stomach. As I think about it, it is as if it lashes out at me and I suddenly feel overcome by feelings of.... I do not know. Of feeling small, and powerlessness, even more so than during the earlier episode involving father's 'encouragement' for me.

I recoil in my mind and search for other avenues - I do not want to feel this way, it is... unfocused and undignified. What use is it for me to think about this when nothing of any consequence will come of it? So instead, I focus on something else. I look at Kloe, and blessedly, my mind starts to flow along different canals. I look at her face, how she looks at me and what I can feel behind my impassive face is... a deep, seething hatred for her. Suddenly, my mind entertains violent fantasies of me burying a claw hammer in the side of her head, of pulling it back bloodied then striking her again and again and again until finally, there is just a hole left - and then me being filled with some sort of... I once again struggle for the word. Vindication? What she did to me was, was...

The intensity of the visions and of my feelings is once again... unsettling to me, but the entire matter, though confused and uncomfortable, makes one thing very clear in my mind: Kloe is my enemy. And if I am to show weakness in front of an enemy, it must be calculated, not out of genuine weakness itself. I look down at her form and I can feel myself calming. She calls me an idiot and invites me to participate in her charade of her apparent preferred flavour of post-victory self-aggrandizement or perhaps soothing of conscience and I finally manage to pull myself together. It is true that I lack the strength of violence, as Kloe so aptly demonstrated - my weapons are deception, knowledge, patience. I shall not throw them away out of some feeling of spite and pain, I am better than that. I have to be better than that. Kloe wants me to dance to her tune, and so I shall. I shall wait, I shall gather my resources, and when the time is right - I will have my revenge for what she did to me.

My smile returns to my face. "Of course, Kloe, excuse my manners." I clasp my hands together. "It was merely the shock that made me behave as I did, and I apologize, but I am sure you have seen much worse reactions." Although I know I should move closer to her, to indicate to her that there is no animosity between us, I find I cannot, the shivers of a deep revulsion threatening to stop me when I start to even think of approaching her, being closer to her. No matter, I can talk to her from here, close to the door leading outside - should I want to leave. Not that I will need to, haha, but just in case. "Am I correct in assuming you are a vampire then? Fascinating. If I understand you correctly, I am..." I have to make a concerted effort to continue talking, to say what I am about to say. "..in your debt as you saw fit to spare my life as, like you have pointed out, it was quite within your power to 'leave me dry', so to speak." My smile grows wider, and the ache from the muscles in my face is a welcome distraction from the turmoil in my mind. "Thank you. I am sure I will be able to return your kindness at a later point." Careful there, Zachariah - you might be too obvious that you are thinking of 'payback' of quite the different type.

"For now, please, feel free to tell me all about your plight, it is not something one gets the opportunity to hear about every day, after all. Of course, I imagine it cannot be easy, to be as you are." My mind is racing, try to determine an angle where Kloe may be vulnerable - as I observed before all of this, a physical confrontation may be ill-advised. "For instance, you must be adept at avoiding the law - I suppose they would have little understanding for your dietary needs and what is required in pursuing them - and perhaps providing yourself with an income is also a challenge." I try to recall whether I have ever seen Kloe in full sunlight or whether that is a vulnerability I could exploit. "Perhaps you can only work the night shift? These are such unique circumstances, I cannot even begin to think of all the questions I might want to ask."

At this point, I should really have moved over to her, perhaps even made physical contact to make our conversation smoother - but it is as if there is an invisible physical barrier keeping me from moving even an inch towards her, or rather, threatening to make me violently ill at the mere thought. I distract myself by thinking of her curled up in a corner - my eyes flick over to an actual corner of this room, yes, that corner - and me kicking her, again and again.

nil. fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 2, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot -1 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1 | Integrity 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody, Terrified

I jerk in surprise a little when I feel Kat's arms wrap around me from behind and my heart's hammering pretty hard in my chest. Is that just from being startled? I am wound up pretty tightly after what I just pulled off... "Oh, I just took Sarah's bass and loosened the tuning keys on the... thing. And unhooked the... bridge?" It's so strange, a second ago I knew exactly what I did and now it's all fading away as if it was an island floating in the darkness, slowly breaking apart and sinking into nothingness. "Anyway, it's more important that you guys sound right than them, so I took their string. And I'd love to hang out after the show! If that's okay..." It's the same invitation I'd gotten from Sarah but unlike then, this time the idea makes me giddy. Still, I glance at the rest of the band, not nervously but it does feel a little weird. Like I'm intruding? Over with Cannibal Kitten that hadn't been the case. They had so many people who there, it was hard to tell who was even part of the band. Here it's more... intimate? Is that what that is?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

And he's back. That was an abrupt change, but at least he was listening to sense. Smile looks a little forced though. I shrug. "Eh, nothing to excuse. And not really. Never sat down to talk to someone about it. And it wasn't like I didn't spring things on you. But seriously, get some sugar in you. Its like giving blood, you'll get better faster." He's got a few questions, some of which are more answerable than others. "Yeah, I guess so. No one came by to tell me, but I figure needs to drink blood = vampire. As for killing you... I could have easily enough, yeah. But I'm not a murderer, it wasn't really on the table. As long as I could help it. And seriously, don't thank me. I don't like feeding on people. I try to avoid it as long as I can." I shudder slightly, remembering the last time I put it off for too long.

Its rather obvious from his increasing smile and tone that he isn't being particularly sincere here, but I couldn't expect him to be too happy about it. He should know not to do anything stupid by now though. "Not a lot more to tell really, you hit on all the key points. Mostly just keeping my head down and trying to find a chance here and there I can get a bite in. Rob blood bags from hospitals when I can get away with it. As for stakes and stuff... well you can imagine I haven't... tested much." My eyes follow his to the corner, to see... nothing. Huh. "I suppose you want to know how it happened?" I wait for confirmation, or a lack of denial, and continue. "Well. Not a lot to tell there either- just, dying. Accident on the bridge. I remember... the metal bar. sticking out through my chest. Right here." I run my hands across my belly, looking down at it without really seeing.

"It pierced through me, hard, cold metal. Jagged end. Blood everywhere. The world was fading out, and I bent down, and licked it up. My blood- that was the last thing remember, the iron taste of it on my tongue when the world went black." Unconsciously, my fingers have pushed up my shirt enough to expose my stomach, and they're running across the spot where the metal had gone. No scar there now though. My fingers continue to stroke it as I talk, my body is shivering without me noticing. Then as I reach the end, I snap out of the almost trace from recalling the memory, and pull my hands away. "And then I woke up. A vampire. Just like that."

<godfish> turn on zach
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3 = 3
<godfish> perfect :v

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Maybe, I got the wrong idea earlier. I don't know and I don't particularly care. I happily take my wallet from Danni. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost it." I glance inside and yup, everything is still there. The cards, the cash, everything. "Thanks Dani."

I walk away from the duo (solo since Katt ran off as well) and head back to the bar. I don't see Victor anywhere. I should probably ask him if we can go home soon. I'll do that a little later since I'd like a drink first. For all I protest, he's given me some good stuff tonight. I get a Fuzzy navel from the bartender and decided to find a quieter place to actually enjoy this drink. Avoiding the dance floor, I walk to the drinking rooms Victor introduced me to my third or fourth time he took me here. All of the room's doors are all closed but he said that happens. I just grab one at random and . . . I feel like I walked onto a crime scene. Zachariah and Kloe are here and appear to simply be talking to each other but, the mood in the room is grimy and sterile at the same time. I guess it feels like a crime scene when the blood is dried and there are chalk outlines on the ground.

Half of me says leave and most of me is pushed in because the band is getting off the stage. Shoved in, the door closes behind me. At-least I still have my drink. I look at the two of them. Zachariah has the same put on look he usually has on his face but he seems to have drifted off. And Kloe, I don't know her all that well but something is up. I feel like I missed something important. Something that, most likely, I shouldn't involve myself in.

"Hey guys," I say slowly, giving a small wave with my free hand. "What are you guys talking about?" My voice probably sounds a little anxious. Between having to warm up to a stranger and Zachariah, I'm not feeling the most open. I take a seat far away from the two of them, not in the corner Zachariah is staring at. Please let everything work out .

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 4, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Kloe puts on a display of downplaying her culpability, attempting to make it seem as if she were being entirely reasonable about a matter that is not of large import in any case - though the transparent lack of effort and conviction makes it all the more insulting to me. Or perhaps for some reason, she means to show me how at ease she is with herself and what she did, which, of course, is counter to her weak assurances that she never truly considered killing me and that, of course, she did not truly want to do as she did. It does not take an expert in human communication to see what she is really doing, however. Notice the casual mention of my murder - while humans threaten bodily harm to others occasionally, once it has been demonstrated in very real terms that they may indeed carry out the threat it is usually no longer considered a passing joke. Notice her weakening her statement that I was in no mortal danger but saying that, on the other hand, I may have come to permanent harm if 'she could not help it' - in a fell swoop both casually threatening me and removing herself from responsibility for the act, incidentally making it clear who she would consider responsible. Naturally, it would be the only other person involved, none other than me. At that thought, I have to suppress a shiver and once again force my mind to consider other things.

nil_> Zach Patience Is A Virtue Kloe
<nil_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 9+1 = 10
+1 from tagging condition 'Snake Food' for a result of 11.
Zach takes 2 strings due to Broker and Kloe having the condition 'Snake Food'.

But I have to keep my calm and play along, so I continue smiling and gently nod at all the right moments to encourage her to continue her tale. All the while, my mind is frantically trying to find an angle on her - it is funny, in a way, that it seems that I am that more more motivated in this.. task than the ones I have to do for my family, why ever could this be? I cannot possibly think of any reason. As she keeps talking, a plan starts to form - physically weakening Kloe is of questionable worth and does not take advantage of her... nature, such as it is. No, no, Kloe herself has provided all the parts necessary: she does not think herself a murderer or at least wants others to think she is not, furthermore, she has indicated her bestial nature when confronted with blood, pretending to have to abandon reason and self control in such a situation. I shall take advantage of both of these facts and engineer a situation in which Kloe will...will... do what she did, only this time to a person I have prepared with a dash of fresh blood and in the process, ideally kill that person, with me capturing all of it in grandiose high definition quality. And then, finally, I will be armed with a weapon of my own to hold her at bay, and if all goes well, the weapon shall remain hidden and allow me to plan my revenge further and unbeknownst by my enemy.

My facial muscles relax, smooth themselves into a more genuine smile at these thoughts, though I cannot seem to chase away the pain and discomfort deeper inside me, so for now, I do not consider them and instead merely let them.. drive me. I blink as what is in front of me again takes precedence over what is in my mind... what is Kloe doing? She was telling me about how she 'died' - which hopefully was not meant to engender sympathy - and now she is exposing and stroking her stomach. Against all my resolutions, I cannot help but have my mouth twist in disgust. Is this supposed to be a repeat of her behavior earlier which started at the pool table, as a prelude to... what happened? I force my face to fall back to the way it was, force myself not to return to that place of... disgust and helplessness.

"That sounds absolutely awful." Yes, that is what I am supposed to say, what Kloe no doubt wants to hear, the part she wants me to play. "It must have been painful and confusing - and you all alone!" Another avenue of questioning comes to my mind. "But surely you must have been able to talk with someone about this? Or at the very least you must have... friends, confidantes that give you support and listen to your troubles, even though you may not be able to tell them the entire truth?" And if one were to remove these friends, these confidantes, or perhaps even turn them against Kloe - why, all manner of things would be possible.

I almost recoil most disgracefully when I notice someone behind me, my attention so entirely focused on Kloe - it is Azure! "Azure! It's so good to see you!" Before I can even think about the fact that I am indeed, genuinely relieved to see him, I have moved towards him and am about to... hug him? I freeze just before I am about to put my arms around him and manage to admittedly awkwardly turn it into a pat on his shoulder. After the fact, the idea of actually... touching another seems vaguely repugnant, although it does not change the fact that I am actually happy to see Azure here. Why is that? It is likely because with him around Kloe can't... will have to be civil and furthermore, I have leverage on Azure and as such, it is easier to trust him not to... antagonize me.

"Please, please, sit." In truth, I would like to finally leave, but Azure seems determined to take a seat. "What were we talking about?" I start to look over at Kloe, to non-verbally hand this question over to her, but I cannot bring myself to look her in the eyes still. "Kloe was just telling me about her immediate friends and acquaintances here in Portland." I would like to lean back into my seat, but my posture remains quite far from relaxed, instead ready to jump up at a moments notice. "But as I mentioned earlier, Azure, it is good to see you as I was planning to seek you out in any case. There is a small matter I would appreciate your help with." I look over towards him and I am irrationally pleased with myself that I can look him into the eyes, so much that something approaching a genuine smile forms on my face. "We can discuss it later, in private."

<nil_> Zach Turn On Azure
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+2 = 9
Promise/symbolic string/give self?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Zachariah decides to make the first move and you know how people talk when they have to do attendance and stuff? (I don't personally know but I've seen movies) That's how he speaks; Like talking is a chore. Something to get him what he wants. He seems to only know a few "words" of body language. Most of the time he has on this self-satisfied look. Did I say most? I meant anytime he knows someone is looking. He's doing it right now. Heck, I only know how he's feels because he weaves tons of adje- describing words into his sentences. But there are sometimes when I would scan the bar and he would be staring into his drink with his shoulders down, looking downright lost. Or I'd overhear him murmuring to himself about how he was confused by a phrase someone said to him earlier that day. Times when he put his shield down. In those moments, maybe, just a little, I find it hard to hate him.

Why am I musing on this?

Well, just for a moment, there was something approaching humanity in his movements. The start of a hug he'd fail to follow through on. He awkwardly brings his hand to my shoulder and pats it. It was there for a moment as he invited me to sit. He glances back to Kloe and lets me in on the conversation I'd been listening to. His usual voice comes out as he outlines just what they were talking about. Making sure there isn't a way to misinterpret what he wants.

He then turns to me and says he's happy to see me, looking me in the eyes as he says it. As I watch his self-satisfied smile morphs into a more innocent one, I can't help but smile as well. He asks to meet with me later and while I'm not sure if I have a choice It, I guess I can humor him, "Sure, we can meet. Just say when."
-
Azure is promising to meet with Zachariah.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 5, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Vol 1 Dark -1 Integrity 2
XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

Bracing myself for the bro's retaliation, I only blink for a moment but when I open my eyes Finn's right there, catching the blow like it's nothing! Where did he even come from, I didn't see him coming at all! "Fine! Thanks, Finn - and yeah, we need bouncers to toss these thugs out - they were harassing Jo," I say, grinning back. "You really came at just the right time, thanks!"

[12:53pm] Nown: Turn On Finn
[12:53pm] Nown: !r 2d6+2
[12:53pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8+2 = 10
No effect, I already got a string via Turn On earlier this scene

But more important than that, now that the fight is well and truly over - I can see the bouncer coming now - is checking on Jo. "Hey, Jo, you okay? Those creeps didn't do anything to you, right?" I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder - and yeah, maybe I'm guilty because I pissed her off earlier, but it feels like the right thing to do, you know?

[12:53pm] Nown: Turn On Joanna
[12:53pm] Nown: !r 2d6+2
[12:53pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 4+2 = 6
[12:54pm] LifeGetsWorser: welp
[12:54pm] LifeGetsWorser: rip
[12:54pm] Nown: Spending a string to make that a 7~

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

"If that's okay?" I echo Thea. Over her shoulder, I can see Nina arguing with her bassist and staring down at the instrument in question; they've just now worked out what happened, and who's responsible. She turns to give me an indignant, self-righteous look.

In my mouth, it tastes like honey.

I grin. "Oh, I can make it more than just okay." Thea's a sweet girl, and I'd want to do this anyway, but the fact that it lets me be spiteful to my worst enemy at the same time? That means I have to do it. I lean in close, purposefully framing things so Nina can see what I'm doing. "I'll thank you properly later, but for now... How about a kiss for good luck?"

Turn Thea On: 2d6+2 8

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

“Nah, not really. Not much of a conversation starter, ‘hey buddy so I’m a -” I cut off as the door opens, and Azure walks in. I give him a nod and a polite enough greeting, “Hey Azure.” And Zach starts to explain the topic, and starts to go in for a hug, before stopping himself. Guy has some problems. Doesn’t know how to handle himself around people, that's obvious enough.

I frown a little as he mentions his small, private matter he wants to discuss -without me despite his claims about confiding and whatnot. Not that I’d be talking about anymore with Azure around. Still, bit suspicious. I probably shouldn’t take it for granted he’s pleased with how this went. Never tried it on someone sober, so maybe he’s pissed off. Hmm. If it was me… I probably would be. Should give him some space, time to cool down. He does end up hugging Azure after all, shame they never ended up kissing, heh. Maybe the company will help him.

“We’d just about finished really.” I push myself upright, easing the frown into a casual smile and make my way around the table towards the door. “I’ll leave you two to have your private talk, I need another drink anyway.” As I pass by, I give Azure a light clap on the back, making it clear I’m not leaving because of him -even though I am- and nod at them as I open the door and step out. “Later Azure, Zachariah.” The mood in there was getting me down anyway.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Bad Joke, Drained, Blamed.

Ugh, wow, this nosebleed feels like it's going to be a gusher. I try to dam the flow with one hand and push through the crowd to the bathroom. I need my head to stop spinning so I can puzzle out the vision, and the music and dancing and smoke of the club aren't helping at all. About five minutes of pinching the bridge of my nose and ignoring curious stares in the bathroom later I splash cold water on my face and start trying to unpack the message.

quote:

And I saw beasts coming out of the lake. They had nine horns and seven tails, with nine heads to be chopped off by the Chosen. The beasts I saw resembled a fish, but had feet like those of a man and swords that roared like lions, and stalked a porter clad in black, wreathed in warm smoke and loud music. Stop them, oh Chosen.

Some of it is pretty straightforward - beasts from the lake, nine of them walks like a man, ok. Not sure about the horns and tails. Swords that roar like lions...could be guns. I don't like guns, and it's pretty rare that monsters use them. Especially aquatic ones. Might have to wing that one. A porter is someone who carries things, right? Like a courier, or maybe...a roadie? poo poo, that could be it. Roadies are pretty much always in black. Making sure I look kinda respectable (mostly just washing my face) I head out again to look around for plausible targets.

It's not exactly an epic feat of investigation to track down the the van with Cannibal Kitten's gear and 'road crew' in it. They're not even being a little subtle about smoking up in there, for christ's sake. I need to find some kind of weapon to even the odds, I may have only seen two fishmen personally but that doesn't mean there aren't going to be more showing up real soon. Without much looking all I've got is a discarded and frayed guitar string and a couple bottles, not exactly excaliber.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

With me still infuriatingly unable to meet Kloe's eyes, I instead focus on Azure - which is quite within social conventions, him being the newcomer after all. Still, I am half paying attention to Kloe - I would like to pretend that is only because I am waiting for her to detail her friends and acquaintances for the purposes of my revenge, but the tension in my muscles and my mind over and over picturing me dashing for the door should... something happen tell a different story. Kloe told me that nobody else knows of her condition, though I am too much... in turmoil to guess at whether this may be a lie or not. Such is my distraction that at first, I do not really notice the look Azure is giving me.

Of course I am used to people looking at me, but Azure is... I have to pause in everything I am doing to even find the words for it. The phrase that from somewhere comes to my mind is that he is not looking at what I am doing, what I am saying, not the expression on my face or even my face at all but looking at... me. Somehow, I imagine myself reflected in his eyes with more clarity than any mirror could and that he could just reach out and... What am I even talking about? I must still be... emotionally disturbed - for a moment I cannot recall who said this phrase about me, a member of my family or one of the human teachers - to think like this. He is looking at me with- I think it may be pity in his eyes, or perhaps only understanding and I feel... exposed and unmasked. So why is it that I am not upset at this? In fact, for an insane moment there, I contemplated just giving him back his coat, without any services rendered! Which is just, just preposterous.

Kloe leaving pulls me from my contemplation - was I so distracted I would not have notice had she sneaked up on me?! "Yes, Kloe, we shall talk later. I have ideas. Many ideas." Not my finest hour - but suddenly, with her gone, I feel a wave crushing in on me, paradoxically both of relief and upset, and my first instinct is to give in, to curl up in my seat and bury my head in my hands. But no, no no no. Azure is here, and it certainly would not do to give in to... whatever it is that is consuming me. I shall look forward, not backwards, which, as they tell me, is the path to success, though it would seem the path may require a few more signs, perhaps telling the wary traveler just when exactly success is to be reached. I sigh inwardly - oh. And outwardly. How embarrassing. I smile at Azure, as if my demonstration of weakness was me letting him in on a secret, but the smile comes out tired.

There is one thing I have done right though, I think. Azure made me feel this way with just one look - not even doing anything! - so it is little wonder he navigates social situations so easily and is so beloved by all. I did well in aiming to emulate him, even though it may be difficult. In fact, tomorrow I shall train in front of the mirror the very look he gave me! Yes, yes, good. "So, Azure..." I lean forward, it is time to put plans into motion. My eyes fall on the sweet left behind by Kloe - and my words die in my throat, make me swallow. I do not want to be in this room anymore. I get up on my feet, out of some half-formed planned swipe the sweet and put it into a pocket, then go and open the door - and realize I am holding it open for Azure. "Come, we can discuss my matter over a drink. Or a snack or anything really, I'll pay." Being occasionally generous is a good tactic - regardless of the fact that somehow, I do want to buy him a drink.

<nil_> Zach Turn on Azure
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 9+2 = 11
No mechanical effect.

We are back at the more populated part of the bar and I am eating from a candy bar, not even caring how it makes me look. I have also bought some bourbon for later and paid for whatever Azure requested. We should have some privacy - there is a risk to be overheard, no doubt, but being circumspect in choosing one's word should be sufficient. "Now, Azure, I realize that there may be some things at the moment that might stand in the way of you thinking of me as someone you can trust, but please trust me when I say our current arrangement is not anything.. personal." I wave my hands around and I realize I'm not even lying. "There does not have to be any enmity between us, does there?" I smile at him - I like to imagine I have been a very understanding taskmaster, unlike some people.

"In any case, you saw me arranging my drinking game, no doubt? To make a long story short, there were some unforeseen disruptions and it was not brought to a proper conclusion. Now, since it is merely a drinking game... "I shake my head lightly, eyes closed. "...it is of no true importance, but then again, that goes for so many things we do. I would like your help in finishing it in its adapted manner - do not worry, I already have a plan and it does not involve you having to drink." I raise my eyebrows, back in my element - I have not thought about... that room for, say, about one minute! Haha. "What do you say?"

I sip from my Bourbon, waiting for his answer. He does not say anything right away and like a good conversationalist, I keep talking. "How did things go with Victor, by the by? If I am not mistaken, he seems to be quite taken with you." A little play on words there. "It's no wonder, of course..." I stop - Azure may interpret this incorrectly. "...from the perspective of Victor, naturally." I raise my glass and take a larger gulp. "It certainly is not as if you are making a lot of enemies..." I am uncertain where I am possibly planning to go with this - I am supposed to be in control of my words, seeing as how they are supposed to be my greatest strength and as such, they should obey my will, not unintentionally sound... vaguely bitter like in that last sentence.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

I was a bit startled by Avery touching me, I'll admit, especially with how I bombed with her earlier. Still, her and Finn showing up was...nice. Even though...I guess...I technically started that fight. Still uh, drat Avery, who knew she was so handy with the improv poo poo?

"Uh...thanks." I say, chewing on my bottom lip as she fusses over me. "I'm okay...thanks though. You too, Finn." I offer him with a nod as the bouncers come over to deal with the bros.

Anyway, Avery...well, I don't get to have her touching me often, or well...ever. "My hero, huh? Even after i was...an idiot earlier." I know Avery didn't like the whole swearing thing too much, so, I was trying to cut down. God, anything she loving wanted, really, she was amazing, just look at her. poo poo, was I blushing. "I uh...I wish I could return the favor...?" Okay that question was both open ended and stupid given the implications. "uh...not that I mean I want you harassed by a couple of jackasses or...uh...yeah, you know what I mean." Probably not. gently caress, way to be stupid. Why was I so tongue-tied around her!? "D...do you think maybe you want to...uhm..." Do what, Jo? Go roll in the hay with you? End up contracting loving lycanthropy via your cursed lady parts, too? gently caress, no, shut up! "...uhm...nevermind, I'm...glad you're okay. I should uh...I should get out of everybody's hair." It's not like she wants you, anyway. She made THAT abundantly clear earlier. "I'm probably still too drunk to be back down here, anyway." I say, and take a step back, and back towards the door. I wasn't going to run, this time - no reason to cause another scene but...gently caress. There are REASONS that you DON'T act on your desires Jo - one really BIG, IMPORTANT REASON.

Besides from being a trainwreck no one's into, that is.

Promising Avery what Jo thinks she wants - Jo to get out of the way.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody, Terrified

I nod eagerly. I'm not going to turn down a chance to celebrate my success. I know there's different levels of kisses and I'm not sure what Kat is looking for here or how to ensure it'll bring good fortune, but I'm on a roll right now, so I just go with what feels right. And that is turning my head and giving Kat a fervent kiss right there. It's... an interesting feeling. Very warm but excitingly so. Must be the invoking of a favorable fate.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

"Wait!" As Jo takes a step back, I reach out to take her arm. "Listen, I'm really really sorry for whatever I did earlier that made you mad, seriously! I've felt like a real a-hole all night because of it. You're not in my hair, I swear, you're fine. So please-please-please don't feel like you've gotta go because of me, because you don't, okay? Please stay?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Okay...and Avery just grabbed my arm as I was trying to leave and now she's basically begging me to stay. What...did I just do right because seriously I need to be able to repeat it, right?

Yeah I know, I know, the whole 'you are a vector for a supernatural contagion that may very well spread through being too near other people' thing is still in play - I got that. But I could be nice to Avery, right? She could be...like...like Mary 2.0 - a friend of mine who knows I'm totally into her but who I never make a move on due to my own insecurities and issues...

...great. What a catch I am, huh?

Still, I mean, I could like...talk to her, or whatever, right? That wasn't a crime at least it wouldn't be if I could keep myself from murdering my own buzz again with acting like an idiot, and all. "Well...uh...I mean, I could hang out I guess..do you have like, a break or something you could take for a little bit? I mean if...if you wanted to talk or whatever." I shrugged. Yes, play nonchalant now after you've twice in the same night made a stammering dorky mess of yourself, I'm sure it'll work flawlessly. Also, you know, the fact you were blushing again - it's like you're showing off - the girl has seriously NO color in her cheeks after all!

Turning on Avery via dorky awkwardness

<LifeGetsWorser> well, it's come to this, then
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> phew

self/promise/string from Avery.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Kloe heads for the door saying they were done talking. Zachariah's eyes stay on me. I'm not sure what he's looking for but he pretty sure that I have it. He doesn't notice she's even moved until she's almost out the door. "I see you later Kloe." I say to her as she leaves. Zachariah jumps, just a little bit, when he finally notices her leaving. With the two of us left alone, he let's out a sigh. He smiles at me, doing his usual thing when he's trying to keep his composure but, it makes him look tired. It shows his age. I want to reach out and give him a hug, tell him everything will be okay. I want to forget our history for a moment and just . . . help, I guess is the word I'm looking for. Help him like himself, so he doesn't need to act this way. Maybe if I convince him he doesn't need to control everything, he'll realize that he doesn't need to control me and give me my pelt back. I have no clue how to go about it but It's worth a shot and it makes my less upset than supporting his me-, mega-, darn it, Victor used this word when he was talking about him . . . oh yeah, megalomania. I don't want to support his megalomania. After a moment of silence he invites me to the bar, telling me to get whatever I want. I did promise I'd meet with him; He's even opening the door for me to let me out.

At the bar I refill my drink and get some French Fries. I'm not that hungry but I'll could eat. He seems to happy enough eating some candy he got from somewhere. He starts talking about our relationship. He doesn't want me to be mad at him and, at this moment, I can't find the fire in my belly. It must of let itself out earlier. He says him taking my pelt wasn't personal and I guess with the way he acts that is probably true. He explained what was doing earlier at the Pool table: a drinking game that went bad. He wants me to help him fix it or something. Do I really want to? Before I made up my mind he asked me how things went with Victor. I couldn't help but hear a hint of bitterness in his voice. Where did Victor go anyway? "It went alright." I then remembered how the two of them acted toward each other at the Pool table. I smile at him and brush my hair back, "Why do you ask? Would you of preferred we stayed partnered up?" I chuckle a little.

I take a breath and turn fully toward him, "Zachariah, do you want me to let you in on my secret?" I lean closer to him, time to see if I can even put my plan in action, "They like me being honest with them. I mean that in every sense you can think. I don't try to look cool, I don't try to control or win the conversation. I just let it go where it wants and help it get there. People like that." I get a little closer to him, look him in the eyes and whisper, "Zachariah, where do you want to go?"
-
Turn on Zachariah:
[15:42] BClip !r 2d6+2
[15:42] Krysmbot BClip, 7+2 = 9
String/Give/Promise

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 9, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I have to frown and prevent myself from stating the obvious, namely that I do not precisely know what he means by the comment about staying partnered up - did he mean that I would want him and Victor to stay together or me and him? I do the equivalent of chastising myself internally, I know better than this: obviously he meant me and him staying partnered up, observe his mischievous tone that also carries something else, something I am certain I could figure out but at the moment I simply do not... want to investigate. My thoughts are refocused outside myself again when Azure offers to share his secret, by which he can mean nothing other than the secret of his seemingly effortless success in all social matters!

I admit I physically perk up and pay him the utmost attention, willing myself to absorb every bit of wisdom and cunning that will surely be revealed, and I suppose it must be obvious in my body language and my eyes that in that moment, I am more a hungry student than the detached and careful listener I should be. Azure speaks and - my expectant smile drops. The truth? That is... ridiculous. One cannot just tell other people the truth, it would be akin to... a wealthy merchant dropping his sword in front of his would-be robbers, to appeal to the so-called goodness in their hearts or perhaps to convince them that the merchant deserves to keep his wealth. My eyes dart to the left and the right. No, that is a horrible analogy. Metaphor? I cannot even form proper sentences. I... I should be able to tell Azure to his face that this is idiocy, but why is it I cannot bring myself to do so without already feeling certain that it would sound weak and unconvinced?

Perhaps it is because it is obvious that Azure is no fool, as much as it pains me to admit it, now that he has put it into words, I suppose I do try to... control and win conversations, in the sense that I am pursuing a goal, that is. But what is so wrong with that? Perhaps if I would be graced by actual success more often, I wouldn't have to... A more horrific thought forms itself in my mind. Am I truly this obvious? But that would not be an issue, would it, is it not natural that everyone pursues an agenda - and that some are simply more aware of it than others? I wish I could look at Azure with haughty certainty, assured in my belief that everything I have been taught is right and he is wrong - but here I am, hurt and angry and nothing to show for all my efforts and there is he, bringing me to my knees with but a few words and me not even wanting to resit it. Could I have been so wrong?

And then he gets closer and whispers to me and asks me what I want. The question is a common one, but right this moment I cannot recall when the last time was that someone genuinely asked me this. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up, but what I am feeling is somehow neither fear nor revulsion. "Azure, I...." I feel tongue-tied and it is the most ridiculous thing. "I would like to..." Once again, my mind is in an uproar, but while there is uncertainty and doubt, there is no pain - my head is in such a state that I cannot plan ahead, carefully pick the words I want to say. "I want you to teach me. And I want us to be..." What am I even saying? "I don't want us to be enemies."

Promising / Giving Azure something Zach thinks he wants: Zach will truly consider these strange ideas about 'honesty'.

Oh, this is horrible - I am losing control of this conversation. My mind quickly jumps to something I considered earlier and dismissed, but that right now seems like an island of planning and deliberation - what I should be - in a sea of confusion. "I have to tell you something else. Kloe, she is a.. dangerous woman. Something happened that... you should not trust her and you should not let her get you alone." I try to pull myself together, try to force a knowing smile onto my face. "If something were to happen to you, well, I could not give you your coat back."

nil. fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 9, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 2 (End)
About 11:50

Bar Area Brawl
Avery, Jo , and Finn - The bro brawl is brief but brutal and then they're beaten. Despite their best efforts, the only one of you to actually be hurt was Finn, who intercepted an awkward punch at Avery (One harm to Finn.) As they're being bounced, double collars points at Joanna and levels the accusation that, "She's totally frigid," to try and counter the suggestion of his impotence. Not totally convincing or anything, but there's something about it that strings a bit. (Jo, take condition Frigid.) Regardless, they're now Banned For Life, according to the bouncer, and you're all in pretty good shape. Could've gone worse.

Azure - Earlier, Dani returned your wallet to you. "Oh wow, had no idea this was yours." She seems to ponder for a moment, then hands a credit card to you as well, which you obviously recognize as your own. "This fell out too." With both those things returned to you, she hops back into her seat, nursing what looks to be a triple margarita and - strangely - several empty and uncleared beer bottles in front of her. Ah well.

Scene 3 (Start)
About 11:55
And then it was time... for the Flying Monkey to drown in the sweet sounds of Naked Soul Rat! To much applause, Scarecrow Boat takes a bow and heads backstage, leaving things in NSR's hands.

THE STAGE
Naked Soul Rat - Well, you're up. As you take the stage there's at least eighty bar-goers assembled in the main area, with more lurking still at the bar and tables throughout, and they all seem to be really energized. Your equipment's all good, the lighting and sound is as optimal as you can get it, and the Song is in your ears and in your heads. What's on first, and how does it go? Who do you see in the audience you didn't expect? How are you going to handle Scarecrow Boat eating into five minutes of your time?

Dance Floor and Bar Area
Callista - Well, you've managed to end up at the side of the dance floor after some struggling, only some minor damage to your person and wardrobe done. Still kind of undignified, but I doubt it's the worst you've ever looked in public. Now that Naked Soul Rat's on and everyone's all dancing and drunk and distracted, you're free to move to speak to whoever you want to, and after the unpleasantness of being kicked around some fun's in order. Who here looks like they'd be fun, either to talk to or something more, and how are you going to get their attention?

Zach - Are you afraid things are getting out of hand? You're giving out more information (and blood) than you're taking in as of late, after all. Is this how your family would handle things? No, no, this is all wrong, isn't it? All the lies and masks and plots. It's so weird. No, it's clear - you'll have to pick one or the other. Family or humans, it's up to you. (ENTER DARKEST SELF).

Thea - Naked Soul Rat is on, which leaves you with some options. Do you want to keep hanging out backstage? After all, you could be the first one to greet them when they finish, and you can hear them just fine back here. Alternately, you could always go join everyone in the main area and appreciate them live. Or... you could go to the edge of the stage? Watch them there? There's some lighting controls off to the side too, you could improve the show by adjusting those to align with the stars above, after all, the ones that echo endlessly in your dreams. What do you do?

Jo - Well, it seems you've got a friend in Avery. Lept right to your defense, even though it might've cost her her job, and even after what happened earlier. Of course, you've got one in Mary too, who seems to have run off, even though she said she'd be right back. Do you think she's just watching the show, or is there more to it than that? Do you look for her, or keep spending time with Avery? Lastly, what do you think of this song?

Azure - Wow, Zach is being nice right now. Of course Victor's tracked you down before you can learn much more about what Zach's so keen to discuss, and he's definitely acting as cute as usual - aside from a glare at Zach when he thinks you're not watching anyways - everything's peachy. And you've got your wallet back too, just in time for this new band to come on. Of course, don't have your pelt back yet... is now the time to try and get it back from Zach, or at least talk him into an easier task? Or do you focus on Victor and fun instead?

Avery - Jo's suggestion of a break if actually possible. Especially with Ross as the manager - and how lazy he is - you could probably just go back and ask for one. If it's anything like usual he's just browsing the internet and avoiding work, can't really complain if you do. Of course, Raphael seems to be overwhelmed with orders now that Scarecrow Boat is finished and Naked Soul Rat is starting up. If you need to earn money, now's a real good chance to do it while helping someone out. What do you do?

Kloe - Smoothly though your feeding may have gone, something's bugging you. Even as NSR kicks into gear there's just a nagging feeling that something's wrong. It's like you're being watched, but impossible to tell who's doing it or where it's coming from. It's profoundly uncomfortable. What theory do you come up with for what's going on? How are you going to put a stop to it? And - when it rains it pours - your phone's buzzing due to a text message - looks like you've got an unpaid bill of some sort. What is it, how much is it for, and how are you going to cover it?

Finn - Job well done dude. Avery seemed impressed, and it probably didn't even hurt you that bad. Ross doesn't notice your damage when you enter the manager's office at any rate, grinning at you with what looks like a cashed bowl and gear-shaped ashtray next to him on top of some hourly labor and sales reports he's printed off. Pretty safe guess he didn't share his weed with anyone else. "Yo man," he daps your fist, "got anything? I'm loving stuck here another couple hours, then gotta cash out the registers and do inventory after this poo poo." You definitely don't owe him anything, but here's a chance to make some money if you've got anything or feel like playing middleman. Do you, or would you rather go enjoy the music? You lugged all NSR's equipment after all.

Outside
Anne - You've managed to find a rusty tire iron and a bullet casing as two roadies depart from the van, though neither of the nearly identical pair match the Emissary's words, and yet more smoke continues to flow out of the van. No sooner have you than both the two fishmen appear - clad in trenchcoats, the most ridiculous thing about them is probably that anyone buys their disguises - and the van door towards you pops open, and out of it emerges a black clad man in his mid forties, wearing a Slayer shirt and black jeans and probably most importantly holding two crossbows, one of which he tosses towards you. "You ready?" He asks, motioning his head towards where the fishmen are approaching from. Looks like you've got one shot - how do you react to this man's dramatic appearance, and how do you use the bolt you've been given?

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Darkest Self

As my mind catches up with my actions, I am experiencing a bizarre feeling of... dissonance and disconnection as it seems as if I both and do not have control over what I am saying and doing, as if I both and am not the person saying them. I am reminded of the stories of my childhood, of the clever advisor influencing the king distracted by useless foibles. There are many tales likes these in the human world too, though they are usually far more sympathetic to the weaknesses of those led astray, their downfall framed as a tragedy instead of the natural and just result of their weaknesses. I used to scoff at these characters: could they not see what was right in front of them? How was it that they became people of power if they could let themselves be consumed by doubt and jealousy about their lover's faithfulness, by hubris, arrogance, their desire to see good in those that so obviously wished them harm? Oh, I thought myself so clever. If men and women of power were willing to bring themselves to ruin with such small things, why, nothing at all could stop my ascent! I of course was beyond such things, one of the ruling class of the earth and it was only just and proper that I should put myself ahead of others and their weakness, if all it took was to simply be in control of oneself.

Jesus deserved his Judas. Caesar deserved his Brutus. They drove the nails into their palms and the daggers into their backs themselves. It would all have been so easy to avoid, the tales made this patently obvious. So what other conclusion was there that they deserved it for not having enough... control over themselves?

So I thought. A grand tale with me as the charming, irresistible, clever protagonist. Why, that Zachariah most likely achieved his dreams and desires but a few months after his arrival in the human world and was adored, feared or respected by the impressionable humans. Being such a successful scion, his family naturally also could not help but see him as the important and faithful young man that he was - why, for that young man, there was not even a conflict between his dreams and desires and that of his family! If that Zachariah exists, one might be tempted to think that he is laughing at me right now from his hidden throne, but one would make the assumption that I would not be below notice for one such as he.

I keep talking to Azure and with horror I know that I am not in control, no, I know it is even worse than that: I am not even attempting to retain control and failing, instead, with every word I am relinquishing control, giving up secrets and deceptions, all the things that are supposed to make me strong. I know I should stop talking, to make my excuses and, most important of all, make myself stop feel whatever it is that is causing me to behave like this. Is this how the kings in those stories felt? Were they wise and cunning enough to see what was in front of them and inside of them after all, but for all their wisdom and cunning, were they still unable to stop themselves from walking the path to their destruction?

And here I am again, spinning grand narratives when what is actually happening is me sitting in front of Azure, my hands folded together not in their usual confident manner but as if they were trying to comfort each other. My eyes seem compelled to look downwards to my glass of bourbon more often than they should and all I can think about is the impulse of wanting to show Azure one of the sketches I made, away from the eyes of my family, and whether he'd like them. I am neither the clever advisor nor the weak king - both are people of note, no matter whether they are tragic or heroic, whether the audience should loathe them or be inspired by them. And me? I glance up at Azure, as if looking at him could reassure me. For all my efforts, I have accomplished nothing of note. I focus on Azure and think that neither has he. So why do I feel as if he is such much better off than me, that he has something I desperately need even though I cannot put it into words?

Disgracefully, I briefly bury my head in my hands, all the thoughts and feelings and... weaknesses in my head making it impossible to think clearly, like I should. There were setbacks earlier, but all of this started... in that room. I grit my teeth and suddenly, I can feel resentment towards father inside me, he who so marvellously reminded me of my duties just before Kloe... Demands, demands, demands. Yes, they are demands, not requests, not suggestions! And what do I get in return, for all my efforts, flawed as they might be? My family couldn't protect me from what happened, why, I am sure they would not even understand! I'm not even sure they still see me as one of theirs, or, well, does it really matter? Because what they truly see me as is an instrument, isn't it? Just something that should behave according to their expectations, just like I thought those kings in the stories should behave and not be... be... be themselves! Well, no more. I always thought it was the humans that were disrespectful to me, but at least I did not work night and day to gain their favour!

I remove my hands from my face and look up at Azure. "Azure, please forget all about that... drinking game, it is no longer important." Both my eyes and my voice is shaky are not as steady as they should be, but I press on. "I should not have asked you and I apologize." One moment, what exactly am I apologizing for? "I am sure we can find something mutually agreeable that..."

Oh. It is Victor. How... unfortunate. Or perhaps it is fortunate, for I do not know what I would have suggested to Azure as a replacement for his task, right now, it seems I am capable of anything and I do not know whether it frightens or excites me.

nil. fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 13, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 XP 2/5 Conditions: Scarecrow, Dazed, Tongue-Tied

Once everything settles down and those drat idiots get taken out of the bar, I can make a quick deal here and then get back to the music and everything. Not that I'm a huge fan of any of these bands, but I wanna be out there rather than in here. Still, do need to make this into some money, and with the smells I've already got going on, I'm just hoping to get in and out here. Not that Ross is a bad guy, but usually when he's getting high at work it means he's got lots of paperwork or something dumb to do, and I've got better things to do. Especially since I'm off the clock. "Hey, Ross.. you got cash? I don't have much.." On me, I don't have much on me, but that's not the important part right now. "But yeah, I get it, most places out there are closed and you just wanna take the edge off."

I take out the bag that Katt gave me before, looking it over. "Got like twenty for half of this?" It's probably a little on the expensive side, but I'm trying to be fair. Then again, don't know how good this poo poo is, could be legitimately poo poo or the poo poo. So, might be getting a bargain. Nobody knows, especially me. "Sound about right?"

[07:58.10] <thelazyblank> Manipulate Ross
[07:58.15] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6-1
[07:58.15] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 9-1 = 8
[07:58.26] <thelazyblank> Close enough!
XP get, he can shift the deal if he wants.

At this point, I'm not gonna haggle with him or anything. Just want to get in and out, like I said.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

I need the money... but this is important. Jo needs someone to talk to, for pete's sake, just look at her - she's twitchy and stammering and completely different to the confident and forthright (if drunk) woman she was earlier tonight! If anything, seeing this side of Joanna is likely to make me blush even harder, which - yes - is still obvious as hell when you're albino. More than that - it's not just what's right, I want to talk to Jo now. So it's easy as can be for me to take her hand, pat it reassuringly, and say:

"Of course I can take a break! I'll just need to go tell my boss, should be a piece of cake. Be back in just a moment, okay?"

It's pretty quick, all things considered - I head to the office, poke my head around the door and just say "Hey Ross, taking a break now, okay?" The key is to sound confident, and Ross just grunts in the affirmative, easy as that! Raphael will have to deal with things by himself for a bit, that's just how it is!

[1:55pm] Nown: Manipulating Ross to give me a break
[1:55pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[1:55pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8+2 = 10
[1:55pm] Nown: score
Marking XP for highlighted stat

And then I'm back to Joanna, a bright smile on my face, my cheeks still tinged pink - which doesn't happen usually, normally it fades as quickly as it comes, so I probably look even happier than usual! "So, how do you want to hang out? I've got... maybe thirty minutes, and I'm all yours for that time~" She really needs a hangout, poor girl. I don't know what happened to her, it can't just have been the bros, but something sobered her up and scared her, hurt her.

[2:00pm] Nown: Turning On Jo
[2:00pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[2:00pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 2+2 = 4
:ohdear:
[2:00pm] Nown: hahahahahaha

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: None

"Good kiss," I whisper, letting Thea go.

Then, it's time to play. Jeff is whining about losing five minutes, but I shut him up with a snap of my fingers; "Time is relative." And it's true; if we're good, nobody will care how long we played, and if we suck, no one will miss the time. Plus, we can always steal five minutes from Cannibal kitten: gently caress 'em, they wanted to go last.

I stalk out on stage and grab the mic; I've got this whole stage persona, it's a lot edgier and bitchier than my real one. The heels help. Also, I've got these round John Lennon glasses; pretty cool. So I grab the mic and bring it up real close to my face like I'm going to kiss it and scan the crowd, checking it out. Scarecrow Boat was actually pretty good, which helps in a way; people aren't tuning the bands out to drink and talk. Anne's not here, which is a shame; it's fun to flirt with her. Zach is here, and he's looking extra creepy. Oh, and Mike the guy with the blogcast who was hanging on Nina's every word earlier is in the audience and, as I watch, he mutters a note into his phone. Dude's livecasting. gently caress, I gotta make this good.

"This is a song from a Will Farrell movie," I say, which is just weird enough to get everyone's attention. Then I nod to Dez, who plays the most famous opening in rock, and we're on.

No, I don't speak french. Yes, that was a bitch to memorize phonetically. It's worth it. I can feel the Song rising up through my poo poo-kicker lifts and I grin into the mic because i almost don't even need it's help. Jagger in Jrench; it's like pouring kerosene on an audience's libido.

Turn on the audience: 2d6+2+1 8 Like, I don't think i can actually apply that to everyone, but if anyone wants to be turned on, they are.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Busybody, Terrified, Drained

Watching from the crowd is better, there's something about being surrounded by people who are being moved by the music. Or moving to the music. Same thing, really. But then I'd have to circle around and fight my way to a good spot and I might miss things. Besides, this is backstage and I'm closer than anybody else, I'd be stupid to give that up. I'll just dance back here and watch form the sidelines and let the music course through my head. This is what makes them special. It goes beyond the physical noise and invokes something much bigger. It makes me long for things I don't remember. My head's swimming and I can feel... something. Patterns and alignments that fit the music. No, not the music, the choir of what's being carried in the music... My eyes land on the light-controls and I know what I have to do, I just hope I can manage. Really, the biggest problem is figuring out how to work the controls and make them do what I need them to. It's like this strange need to make the lights be 'true'. I start pushing buttons and moving things, just kind of feeling my way through it while the music reverberates in my mind, it's just a matter of trial and error, I'll know when things are right...

<SuddenC> Time to check out that Abyss
<SuddenC> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> SuddenC, 6+1 = 7
<SuddenC> Good enough!
I'll take detailed visions and Drained.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +3 Cold -1 Volatile -1 ]Dark +2
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Damage: 0

Heating up! Hot at Plus Three!

Okay. That drat poo poo's over, but let me tell you, this isn't going to be the end of it. I'm going to enjoy myself tonight, one way or the other. If it means I have to pull some straight bullshit, so be it. I'm bruised, I'm battered, but I'm not out yet. I'm firey, and pumped up- tonight will be a good night, no matter what. I just need to move with the flow. And I can see where it goes.

Look over there. See the girl with the beautiful smile. The one standing at the side of the dance floor, looking upset. See the girl who is totally oblivious to just how obvious it is that she /wants/ me. I'm talking, of course, about Kloe. Poor girl's always got this look in her eye when I dash across the dance floor, or pass by her, or even stop and talk and work her over. I'm going to have to do this carefully, but hell.

If I couldn't work her just who would I be, exactly?

It's not too hard to get through to her, the dance floor's fairly tame tonight. Of course, Naked Soul Rat's setting up ,so that's not going to be the case for much longer. I know them, they can play like nothing else. Weird for a hipster band, but that's why I set them up with a little favor, and gave them my own advice.

I slide on in front of Kloe, smiling my big old smile. It's clear to me that something's got her feeling down. Nothing that I can't fix. "Heey, Kloe~ What's up, girlfriend? What's with the long face?" I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a 'platonic' hug, pressing her right up against me. Aaah... "Come on, you can tell me~ What's got you so dooown~?"

I love this part. I love the thrill of the hunt, the drawing them in... Mmn~

<Nea> Turn on Kloe
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 11+3 = 14
String taken. Highlight hit- 5 XP! Taking the move Smoking Mirror: I can spend two strings to just be in a scene with the person I spend those strings on. Actual full text on my sheet.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Woah, uh...girl sure got enthusiastic all of a sudden. Maybe she needed to hit someone, too. Heh, wouldn't that be perfect or whatever?

Anyway, watching her scurry off was sure entertaining, though she seemed to maybe be trying to hard when she came back? I mean, don't get me wrong, her blush was...super loving cute. But if she made that innuendo any more obvious, well...

...well it'd have to be an "in my end-o" or something. I know, I know, lame right? But it was kind of cute in a hopeless dork sort of way, anyway. Then I hear singing in French and, yeah, I'll admit I turn my head for a second. Like, NSR was okay but I didn't know they were international or whatever - I mean, that's pretty cool.

I take Avery's hand, with a smile. "Okay, I know what to do..." I say in response to her flirty-esque statement. "Come dance with me!" I suggest, a bit more enthused, as I drag her towards the front of the stage. It requires shouldering a person or two but, us being the two girls who just slew the bro-dragon got people out of the way, mostly. Enough for us to have a little bit of room near the front, anyway.

Paint it Black was always good stuff, so, I got myself grooving. I could at least still dance, curse or no. Just had to make sure I wasn't getting too into it. I doubt people were looking for a mosh right about now, anyway.

<LifeGetsWorser> Turn on via dance
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> my god, Jo has remembered how to have a hot score

Another round of DECISIONS for Avery.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 1/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions:

So we're going to head outside for a bit, hangout, talk about what happ-oh! Before I know it, she's dragging me along right through the crowd, and her enthusiasm is downright infectious. I find myself giggling - not entirely out of being embarrassed, because I'm not a good dancer at all, but Jo's decent enough for the both of us, and who am I kidding, this is nice! Better than the 'watched-too-many-TV-dramas' outcome I was expecting from this break, at least!

Giving Jo a string!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Ugh, is it… Zach? No, I don’t think so. Maybe. gently caress. This is driving me nuts. I can’t see anyone who seems to be looking at me more than usual amounts of looking -which can be rather a lot, I’m willing to admit- so I’m just stuck here at the side of the room sipping at a drink with this constant irritating feeling hanging over me. Maybe it was something in Zach’s blood. I suppose in the scheme of things I’ve not had a lot of experience in different blood drunk, maybe he takes a lot of adderall or something and it puts me on edge?

gently caress if I know, I’m not a goddamn scientist. To top things off, apparently I have to pay a loving tax for owning a motorcycle? Or more accurately the apartment has to pay one for having it in the parking and they decided to charge me for it? What kind of stupid law is that? I need to find Anne and see if we can beat up some monsters who happen to have loaded wallets, no way I can find the cash this fast otherwise.

But before I can start on that, something appealingly distracting comes up. Have I ever explained whats up with her? Basically its like, you know how you see a row of cakes, or something. And they’re all the same cake really, but the presentation of one just jumps out at you? Its like that, sort of. In that I see Callista and I just want to eat her up. Even without the scent of blood in the air. I don’t know why, its not like she’s really my type, except, she is. so much.

Its confusing. What isn’t confusing is when she comes up to me, asking about whats wrong and wraps me up in her arms, pressing herself against me. I press right back, my free arm snaking around her in return, its hand traveling slowly down along her spine. “Oh, just… bills. You know.” I wave my phone vaguely around in the air before pocketing it. Boring conversation. Especially when involved with Callista. I expression is nothing close to down now. “But that’s not very interesting. What sort of things are going on for you? You always seem to have something or another going, are you all wrapped up in something?” I move my head in closer towards her ear, and drop my voice to a whisper, “or would you like to be?” As I do, my hand has made it down to her rear, giving it the gentlest of squeezes.

<godfish> turn on Callista
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9 = 9

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 3/5 | Conditions: Drained

I watch Zachariah's face contort as I tell him my truth. I'd figured he wouldn't believe me but when I ask what he wants me to tell him more. More importantly, he wants to be my friend. And something about watching out for Kloe which gives move so many more questions . . . for later. Now his head is on the counter. He looks near me and mumbles about not having to help with the drinking game. I don't know what to do now. At that moment, I hear Victor call out my name. I spin in my chair and wave at him. He looks over my should and whispers to me, "What's with him?"
I shrug and whisper back, "We had a talk. I might need a few more moments."
"loving really?" He says loud enough that Zachariah might of over-heard. He might be a little drunk.
Still whispering I say, "Yes. Really. Look, I . . . I need to talk to him. I don't know how long it'll be." I smile and give him a tight hug, "I'm already hanging out with you tomorrow."
-
Turn On Victor:
[02:40] BClip !r 2d6
[02:40] Krysmbot BClip, 7 = 7
string/give/promise
+1 XP
-

He pouts and grumbles something then gets in line for a drink. I turn back toward Zachariah. Back to where I was before. He's still there in his own little world. I still don't know what to say to him. I move a little closer to him, "Hey Zachariah . . ." I start with no thought out end. I'm trying to think of something but him sighing into his cup is too distracting. I just do what feels natural, I reach out and grab his hand. "Hey Zachariah, did you figure out what you wanted to do? Maybe something relaxing?" I still want to ask about my pelt and about him but I don't want to push too hard. I'll bring it up when he'll look at me.
-
Turn On Zachariah:
[03:08] BClip !r 2d6
[03:08] Krysmbot BClip, 7 = 7
string/give/promise

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Feb 13, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 3/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused
Darkest Self

My head is trying to grasp the enormity of what I am doing, of what I am thinking - but at the same time it seems impossible to just go on as I have, not with this... weakness and anger inside me. I could try to grin and bear it, as I always do, but right now the thought of pretending to my family that everything is alright, that I am their ever faithful servant seems unacceptable. Right now, I know that if one of them were to tell me about how important and powerful I am, but at the same side snidely remarking about how I am wasting that potential, or simply... ignorant mentions of my habits in the human world, I would... I would.... Why do I feel the impulse to grab my glass and throw it against the wall? Instead, I am about to take out my phone to announce my newfound... clarity, when I remember with a dark amusement that its battery must be entirely drained by now due to Syntyche's earlier demonstration. I almost laugh at it.

They are all fools, deriding the human world, telling me tales about how we are supposed to be its masters - but of course it is only my fault if it is not so! Well, they never invented a marvel like the cell phone, even after all my time in the human world, I still do not truly understand how it works in every detail, so wondrous is it! But, oh no, a single foolish boy, his head filled not with useful knowledge but by the delusions of his elders, was sent out to conquer that world. But even though that young man had a hundred pressures upon him that his family could not possibly understand, it still would not do for this young man to want to... find his own way in the world he found himself in! Oh, no, no - the human poetry the young man created was a waste of time, some aberrant human affectation and like all such things it needed to be burned. Oh, the love and loyalty such a young man would feel for his family, to say nothing of the confidence he must feel that no doubt is a great comfort to him while doing his best to attempt yet another idiotic, nonsensical task that people that have no idea what I - he is going through force upon him!

I seem to have difficulty breathing. I look up and like through a haze listen to Azure and Victor talking, and then a rather odd thing happens: Azure send Victor away so that he may speak to me further which makes me feel... good, which is not an odd thing in itself, if I felt satisfaction at successfully insinuating myself into Azure's confidence, but what I am feeling is - once again, I frustratingly cannot find the words - different. And then he takes my hand in his, and I first feel the impulse to pull mine back, but I manage to calm down. Azure looks so calm, so at ease with himself - he surely would not react to a simple touch like this, could calm whatever storm is raging in his mind, so I shall not disgrace myself neither. He asks me what I want to do and, for once, I am uncertain. There is the matter of Kloe and my revenge but... perhaps that can wait, just for a little while. I finally manage to steady myself and look into his eyes. With an inner giddiness of jumping into cold waters, I lay my other hand on his. I want Azure to like me, so this is quite appropriate! "Yes, something relaxing sounds marvelous." Honesty. Azure assured me that honesty was the key to being as in control as he is, though I certainly still have my doubts. Nevertheless, I force myself to continue. "I admit I am currently somewhat... upset. But you needn't concern yourself with that!" Admitting to weakness is one thing, inviting further inquiry is quite another!

Giving Azure a string for turn on.

<nil_> Zach Turn On Azure
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+2 = 9
Promise/string/give self.
Marking XP for highlighted stat hot.

"Victor can come along too, naturally, I would not wish to disrupt your..." A phrase comes to my mind - human mating ritual - but I say to myself that that is no longer the correct way to think about it. "...close friendship." I smile, though it is still not as effortless as it once was. "I would prefer for you to suggest something, as I mentioned I would like you to teach me how to..." My mouth moves, stretches, rebels against saying it once again. "... be more like you."

nil. fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +3 Cold -1 Volatile -1 ]Dark +2
Harm 1/4 XP 0/5 Damage: 0

Kloe seems entirely happy about the situation. Maybe I misread that she was feeling down, but it was just an excuse to get up and close anyways. Aaah... I stare into her eyes for a good long moment, feeling her hand run over me, watching every little twitch and smile and change on her face. People are so expressive, do you know? No one ever seems to really look. It's not just smiles and nods- a twitch of the eye here, see how the lip subtly curls, see how that glint of recognition pops into her eye- aaah, yes. People can be wonderfully , wonderfully expressive. All those little changes.

"Oh, not much. I've had some little fun all night long, believe me, and then some more... unpleasant stuff. But that doesn't matter all too much,. does it? It doesn't matter what I was wrapped up in before..." And I can see her- I have her caught, as she whispers into me. Yes, yes! Her hand on me, and I slowly bend my head, kissing at her neck, and her cheek. "Believe me, I've bene hoping to get wrapped up in something like this all night long. Haven't you~?" I reach my hand up, running it through her hair, stroking it softly, slowly, teasingly. Yes, this is going to be absolutely wonderful.

And then I plant one more kiss, right on her lips, as I press in and in...

Giving Self.

<Nea> Turn on Kloe again
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 9+3 = 12
No mechanics.

• Locked thread