Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot +2 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Soft-Hearted, Confused, Drained, Abused

Azure informs me that his coat, his pelt, rightfully belongs to him - as if I did not know this. The only reason I can think of him stating this is that he wishes for me to accept the notion that I was in the moral wrong and thus deserved my treatment at his hand. Quite obviously me having stolen his possession and thus providing him with ample justification to... correct me physically is insufficient for him. It would seem that it is not enough for him to think he was in the right, no, I also have to think I was in the wrong. Thus, his next assertion that there could be no other possible reason for him to still be talking with me is driven to absurdity. For after all, there can be no possible motivation for those that use violence to have those they visited that violence upon to absolve them of any wrongdoing, to tell them that, no, they were justified, it was, in fact, for some higher purpose, an expression of moral purity and...and...

I am breathing faster, my damned body making me once again bend forward and briefly bury my head in my hands. I am not certain why I reacted so... violently to this, though I cannot help but remember Kloe insinuating that I brought what... had happened on myself. And afterwards, acting as if I made 'a big deal' over nothing. Nothing. I shake my head, force my eyes open. I have to concentrate on what Azure is saying, not get lost in unproductive revisiting of things I cannot change.

And then suddenly, as Azure finishes what he has to say, I can feel the fight draining out of me. I know I should remain resentful towards Azure - I have all the right in the world! - but that tiredness and apathy I felt before when making my way back to my apartment from that bench on the park comes back to me. Being angry at Azure imbued me with a spark of energy, I suppose, a small flame when everything was burnt out. One thing I was still willing to struggle against, the last shred of my dignity. But Azure wants me to be another way, and to my shame, his assertion that he cares for me - my opinion, that is - has weakened my resolve, as ridiculous and false the statement would be under calm, collected analysis. But the painful truth is that the events of today have turned me into something that is anything but that, anything but calm and collected. I notice that my arms are hanging from my side and my shoulders are slumped. At least I am not hugging myself anymore.

"Okay." I extend a limp hand, taking the one offered by Azure. "You win, again. I cannot stand against you, not tonight. Everything shall be as if nothing has happened. You have regained your property, but you did not take it from me. I am bleeding, but you are spotless." I place my other hand on his also, shaking it, looking him in the eyes, even though at times it feels as if I cannot keep them open. "We are now on equal terms: the prideful, arrogant one you played pool with was poor company, much better to have this..." I look down at myself and only can feel a tired, quiet disgust. "...mess as your 'equal'. Much better to hear him babble without any self-restraint and call it an open and equal exchange, a true heart-to-heart, an important step forward in our 'relationship'."

I try to stare him down - and somehow I know that I could have done it easily earlier today, during the pool game, before everything went wrong - but again I falter. I avert my eyes, look at the ground. "I am sorry." I half mumble. "Again I give offense. But it is as I said, I cannot stand against you, not as I am." I close my eyes - I know what to say, what the proper course of action is. "What do you wish me to do? You are the victor, in all regards. I was wrong to oppose you." I swallow, then force myself to say the words. "What would you have me do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark +2
Harm 1/4 XP 0/5 Damage: 0

Resetting Hot to +1 via my sex move, also: Was this for real, or just for fun, for Kloe?

Oh my god, I didn't know this could be so loving good. Mmmph, did you know that vampires don 't feel that bad when they're stealing your blood? Me either, but that's definitely a new experience that I'm going to have to try again at some point, fuuuuuck yes it is. "I know... Mmn, you're not too bad yourself, girl." Aaaah... And that's my victory for the night settled, I think.

I watch her clothe herself, and slowly slip my own clothes on, though I'm really just paying attention to her. Not so bad, mmn? I'm going to have try try this again- agreed with her, for sure. "Naaah, nah, only pain was the fun kind, hon." But she was looking off somewhere else. There was a fight, I guess, right down there? In the lot, hrm- Uh, well.

I guess I should probably do something about that, or at least find a good way to watch. "Jeeez, that's a thing, alright. You gonna do something, Kloe? You've got... special skills, can you jump off the roof and kick them in the face or whatever? Like in the movies? Or do you not get those tricks?"

Man, what does it even mean that I hosed a vampire?
Will I get vampire herpes?

I don't think I'm going to become one, she would have mentioned, aaah... and oh, gently caress, she's going to find out what I did to her room. Oh god, oh god. I'm, I'm going to need to figure out a cover story for that or I'm gonna be a bit hosed up, huh? But I can figure something out. Just... figure it all out.

I've never been let down before.

Gazing.
<Nea> gaze into the abyss
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 9+2 = 11
<Nea> wooooo

IS there a good way to get out of this, a scapegoat, a plan, something I can do to pass the buck or get Kloe to forgive me? Visions show me what I must do and are lucid.

• Locked thread