Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I agree. Scumclaiming is a dumb reason to vote someone out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello.

i am posting now.

guess what, youre wrong

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Man, Exakt just feels all over the place.

Also, as easy as it would be, I'm not sure I want to vote for the guy who scum claimed since the last few times I've seen someone do that they have turned out to be town.

I'm sure I'll get burned by it eventually, but I'd rather put merk on the back burner right now.

Kashuno posted:

I agree. Scumclaiming is a dumb reason to vote someone out

Scumclaiming is anti-town and should be punished.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

It's dumb, but I think it tends to be something that townies do more often to screw around than scum do for bragging rights, and so I wouldn't vote him for that alone.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

bromplicated posted:

Here's the short answer: I'm in New York City, I walk down the street, people walk up, shake hands, stop me, they want an autograph, want to get photograph with me. Go to eat last night and Joyce and I are in the back corner of a little Italian restaurant? A man came up to us and says he'd like to buy my dinner, and I paid for my dinner and the waiter comes back and says the man insisted to pay for my dinner and here's your canceled receipt.

I don't know your alignment but you're certainly selling me as being on drugs, so that's something.

EXAKT Science posted:

THIS IS A MISTAKE AND IT SHOULD BE CRYSTAL CLEAR WHY

Are you saying there is a meth'd to your madness?

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not sure I agree with this - I feel like Merk's claim was a catalyst that brought us out of jokephase and fueled conversation, which is inherently town.

Puntification posted:

We can vote you for this d1 fatalism baloney ##vote EXakt also your posting gimmick. I am happy to revisit jedit for previously mentioned reasons. See two viable lunch candidates yw

What is your opinion on Jedit?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EXAKT Science (4): Tommunist, zzyzx, Murmur Twin, Puntification
merk (4): totino boy, EXAKT Science, Jimson, Rarity, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Jimson (1): EXAKT Science, Puntification, merk, Puntification, EXAKT Science
Rarity (1): Jedit
TMMadman (1): Kashuno
Jedit (1): Puntification, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Puntification, Flying Leatherman
Kashuno (1): bromplicated
zzyzx (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
totino boy (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Murmur Twin (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (3): Opopanax, spacing in vienna, TMMadman

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 17th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 28 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

We're out of joke phase and merk is still banging the scumclaim drum. No loving way is this a jokey town merk.

We were out of joke phase when I made that post? No way. This is fake anger.

##vote Rarity

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm on a phone but please click my quote and look at how fake Rarity sounds when attacking me for scum claiming. It's two posts. We were no way out of joke phase.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Why are you breaking bad? You seem awfully bouncy and in need of validation.

I am not going to vote for merk today. Merk's a good enough player when he's Town that he's at risk of an early scum NK. If he sets himself up as a target that's less likely to happen.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Jedit posted:

Why are you breaking bad? You seem awfully bouncy and in need of validation.

Also phone bound at the moment but I asked because I think punti is faking content and wanted to engage him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also won't vote merk today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
likewise on the no merk thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

This is fake anger.

##vote Rarity

You have no idea how much vodka I drank last night

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

You have no idea how much vodka I drank last night

I'm guessing you don't either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As MT said we were out of jokephase the second people started voting for merk for the scumclaim.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it was me. i ended joke phase

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I already voted him because I thought his vote logic conflicts with the town wincon but his subsequent explanations seem like he's searching for a reason why it's legit to keep pushing a flavour case and that's also bad imo.

EXAKT Science posted:

THIS IS A MISTAKE AND IT SHOULD BE CRYSTAL CLEAR WHY

Should it? I do appreciate you subsequently dropping your pr though. As an aside I've always found it confusing people abbreviate both posting restriction and power role to the same thing.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I will end the day voting merk because scumclaims are a good reason to vote for someone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To those of you who want let merk off the hook: when was the last time you scumclaimed as town?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I'm guessing you don't either

Of course I do.

Lots :colbert:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

To those of you who want let merk off the hook: when was the last time you scumclaimed as town?

I did it in my last game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would say the merk thing is a null tell at best. He would do it as either alignment. It's not a good reason on its own to vote him, but it's not a good reason to clear him, either.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I would say the merk thing is a null tell at best. He would do it as either alignment. It's not a good reason on its own to vote him, but it's not a good reason to clear him, either.

its as if he could be scum... or town... hmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

totino boy posted:

its as if he could be scum... or town... hmm

He could even be 3P! The world is his oyster

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what if he's 4p

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Kashuno posted:

what if he's 4p

Whoa. ##unvote

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hey everybody, what is the worst drug invented so far

i bet its whatever drug merk is so lets kill him dead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
my vote probably isn't moving

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

So everyone is voting Merk because he said he was scum in the foot loose, fancy free time this mafia game?

Not exactly trusting EXAKT switching up his capitalization game. It's really throwing me off, I don't like feeling uncomfortable or confused.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

bromplicated posted:

Not EXAKTLY trusting EXAKT switching up his capitalization game. It's really throwing me off, I don't like feeling uncomfortable or confused.

Fixed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deadline is tonight and I'm exhausted so I'm not going to be around much longer. I disagree with the case on Exakt, he's coming across as town to me. As it is, I think my vote's going to stick with merk unless anyone has a decent case to make between now and me crashing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never mind sleep time. I'm never eating a Xmas meal again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Exakt is probably a better vote than merk. I'm at work but should be available up until deadline

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I won't be here for deadline.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Having said that my vote on EXAKT was a joke vote.

##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well then who do you think is scum Tomm?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Exakt is probably a better vote than merk. I'm at work but should be available up until deadline

Do you think EXAKT has an assigned gimmick?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Jedit posted:

I clearly don't because I dropped it. What is the point of this question?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Also, as easy as it would be, I'm not sure I want to vote for the guy who scum claimed since the last few times I've seen someone do that they have turned out to be town.

I'm sure I'll get burned by it eventually, but I'd rather put merk on the back burner right now.

This is my objection to people voting merk -- the last few scumclaims I've seen have been townies. I don't know of a time that I've seen an actual scum scumclaim on D1.

Granted, merk is arrogant enough to do it and be smug about getting away with it, but I feel like there are better cases to make.

EXAKT Science posted:

I used to think Lynch All Liars was a good strategy, but I've cooled on it considerably of late.

Jedit posted:

I am not going to vote for merk today. Merk's a good enough player when he's Town that he's at risk of an early scum NK. If he sets himself up as a target that's less likely to happen.

I'm not following your logic, here. Sets himself up as a target how? A lynch candidate?

totino boy posted:

hey everybody, what is the worst drug invented so far

i bet its whatever drug merk is so lets kill him dead

error: drugs are awesome and good. are you against drugs, citizen???

Opopanax posted:

I don't see the case on EXAKT, other than the PR (that has since been dropped) and pushing the case on merk.

I still want Jedit, for that weird back-and-forth with Kash, but we're three hours out from deadline so I don't know if he's feasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jedit posted:

Well obviously not since he dropped it.

And pushing a case on merk for poor reasons is a good reason to vote. A town merk is someone scum want to eliminate right away, so going after him for shoddy reasoning is scummy

• Locked thread