Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I would like to play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Confirming receipt of role PM. Headed to bed soon because I screwed up my sleep schedule but looking forward to tomorrow.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Rarity has effectively claimed to be krokodil, a drug brewed out of Christ knows what in some Russian's bathtub that literally dissolves flesh as a side effect. If he ain't scum, he's surely 3P. I don't want krokodil on my team.

That doesn't make sense to me. As far as I can tell the town faction in this game is drugs. Terrible, frightening drugs are still drugs, right?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

That's like arguing poisons are drugs. The scum team could be things like the brown acid, crack or bath salts - things that make drugs look bad.

I can see how that makes sense, but not willing to buy into it until we lynch a scum and see some flavor.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Haha well played. Yes I'm krokodil which I'd never heard of before and hate Cpig for introducing into my life. I'm town though :P

(I've had my work Xmas meal and am very drunk whooo)

I'm impressed that Jedit was able to figure out your flavor based on that. Props.

Props aside, though, after rereading I'm most comfortable with a Jedit vote at this time, simply because I don't think a questionable flavor case, especially on day one, is a good idea.

##Vote: Jedit

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE ON DAY 1

The guy claiming scum as well as all the people who are out of jokephase and generating content? I mean, yes, we don't have voting patterns on a lynch or any nightkills to analyze, but there's stuff in the thread now. Deadline's still tomorrow so there's plenty of time for more content to happen as well.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

scumteam is merk, Jimson, Opop

Why Opop? You haven't mentioned him before.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not a fan of EXAKT or Merk as a lynch tonight.

##vote Puntification - I'm not really sure I buy this as a legitimate thought process.

Leatherman, bromplicated, Tommunist, Jimson - got any reads?

I still have some thoughts on Jedit as before, but am also wondering where Jimson went. He kinda disappeared after a couple joke posts which makes me sad. I know it's day one but it's honestly been a pretty high content day 1 and more contribution form him would be nice. Same with a couple other people but he's the one that stood out to me.

bromplicated posted:

Also that's such a easy thing to claim to be, it reeks, you reached right for the top shelf. I'm also betting we're not playing AS drugs but people who deal/take/enforce them.

Also, hahahahha ##unvote ##vote Bromplicated

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

bromplicated posted:

Yea, I am. I'm a zombie dude. I don't kill anyone at night, I just try to get everyone to be like me. That's my win condition.

That sounds like cult recruiter to me. I don't want to deal with that this game.

Preview edit: I am late.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
My thoughts after flip: derp's filter is useless to get anything out of. MMT is a little more useful. I think it's weird that she called Tomm's behavior scummy and then just kinda moved on, but I guess I'm not seeing the connection there that you guys are.

Happy birthday merk!

Speaking of merk, I think it's interesting that all three of the votes that were on him at end of day yesterday went on early and never went away. Maybe I'm just bad at mafia but I took the scumclaiming thing as a day 1 whitenoise thing to ignore.

EXAKT, I asked you earlier why you had picked Opop as scum when you hadn't mentioned him in any other posts and never got an answer. Was that just joking-around fun times or did you have a rationale behind that pick?

Jimson posted:

Guys I literally have no idea what is going on right now. Holy cow this is crazy.

Jimson you're making it really difficult for me to figure you out. :( ##Vote: Jimson Do you have any opinions about this game?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I will reread a couple other people tomorrow morning when I wake up to look for connections. Too tired tonight.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I did some rereads this morning, and actually I think the person whom I am most leery about right now is actually Rarity. I know she said she wouldn't be able to play properly until Sunday, but there are a lot of throwaway one-liner posts from day 1 that have been generating volume but little content, and only a low effort merk vote.

That said, I'm willing to wait until Sunday to worry about it, since she did make that post before role PM's were sent out, and hopefully she will be able to contribute more tomorrow before deadline hits.

I am still pretty happy with leaving my vote on Jimson until he actually gives a read or anything more than jokey one liners.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

There were four people on that vote - totino boy, EXAKT, Jimson and Rarity - and at this point I have at the least a strong non-scum lean on all of them.

You have a non scum lean on Jimson? Are you just reading him as disinterested/useless town then?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
holy crap, 3 hours till deadline, I really should have been paying more attention to the thread yesterday evening. I don't get off work 'til 3:30 eastern, but I'll try to get a D2 reread of a couple people done and thoughts up before then.

For now: for reasons detailed last game day, I am still comfortable with a ##Vote: Jimson.

That said, I'm struggling to understand the reasons behind Kash claiming and then being confident in surviving. It strikes me as bizarre unless there's something I'm missing, as I would expect nightkills to be targeted at known power roles. "for reasons" is all well and good - I get not wanting to reveal role info - but it's not like there's a doctor protect in the game anymore. Besides that, I share others' concerns re: night action targets. If the thought is that you've found a role that kills townies, doesn't it make sense to prevent them from killing townies?

More when I get done work, if there's time.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

that was a good night

No kidding.

CapitalistPig posted:

Since its holiday time the next couple days I won't set a deadline until you guys chime in to what would be best for you.

I have family stuff going on, so the extent of my participation for most of 12/24 and 12/25 is probably going to be phone posting. I'd prefer the weekend but if that seems too long away for other people I can do my best to adjust!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

spacing in vienna posted:

merk, I'm not entirely following what you meant earlier when you asked if the jail proved that one of either you or Kash had to be town. (I was reading some on my phone earlier, so I may just be missing the nuances.)

The way I read that was "since there was no nightkill and there was a claimed jail, one of merk or Kash was the kill target".

Kash can you confirm whether it's a traditional jail (roleblock + protection) or just a protection? If I missed this in the thread I'm sorry.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
mafia edit: never mind on that last bit, Kash's last post clears that up

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Anyway, content.

I just went ahead and reread Kash, TMM, and EXAKT, and really feel like a ##Vote EXAKT Science is a good vote right now. There's a bunch of gut reads in the filter, and all the votes are pretty low effort (merk's scumclaim, claimed 3P, lurker vote) - and didn't even bother dropping a D2 vote.

In my reread, I noted a couple things - this post was in reference to MMT's "I wouldn't be comfortable lynching EXAKT or merk" post.

EXAKT Science posted:

This post of Murmur's gives me some vibes. I think at least one of Leatherman, Tomm, and Jimson is scum. Also, I'm still feeling merk. If derp were still alive, I think his vote would have gone right to merk, and the scumteam wouldn't want that.

Puntification pointed out at the time that EXAKT didn't mention himself. He replied to that, but on reread his response seems like post hoc justification for doing so:

EXAKT Science posted:

That's true, she does also mention me. However, at that point, I was the vote leader with more momentum, as people were starting to cool on merk, and I think it would be strange for Murmur to defend one of us and ignore the other.

There are also a lot of gut reads in the filter. The only content-based read I could find was merk's scumclaim.

I found this funny, too. I don't know whether EXAKT was actually flavor claiming (gut says yes, there's a reference to "CRYSTAL CLEAR" in one of his all-caps posts), but juxtaposing these posts seems contradictory to me.

EXAKT Science posted:

Do you really think Meth could be scum in a game like this?

EXAKT Science posted:

No, because the scums probably have fakeclaims.

Unrelated to the case: I don't know who maintains votefinder, but it would be really nice to see end of day votecounts for each day there. Hunting for the D2 votecount wasn't exactly difficult but it was a pain.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Jimson and bromp have flipped, and neither was a scum. There is no way that MMT made a post like that and didn't call out at least one scum. Tomm and Leatherman are the only ones left on that list.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Why are you so convinced of this? There is no basis to this argument that I can see.

To your point of "why does this make me scummy", I read your voting patterns as very lazy. It feels like coasting scum to me after seeing the number of lazy votes and "gut" votes, as well as being totally absent day 2. I'll quote the whole list later if you'd like, but I'm on my phone right now and I'm not going to try multiquoting. :P

As far as the MMT post thing I mentioned, that struck me as a deliberate attempt to exclude yourself from discussion, and I don't buy your justification to Punti. It felt fake to me.

The flavor thing? Like I said, I wasn't 100% sure - just pretty sure - that you were flavor claiming, and it struck me as weird that you were later the one to bring up scum fake claims.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Three hours to deadline who's around?

I'll be here for another hour max, then leaving for dinner. Might be able to phone post, but can't promise anything.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

One interesting wrinkle is figuring out what spacing's result on kashuno was - he flipped cop, but I can't quite tell if the investigation of kashuno failed or if he got some kind of tracker result instead. "I know you jailed yourself instead of merk" sounds like something a tracker would say, and he does waffle quite a lot. In any event my guess is that he had results on merk and tommunist that (at least to him) suggested those two were town, then got a result on kashuno that wasn't firm one way or the other.

The way I read that wasn't that he was tracking Kash, just that he got an untargetable result (if Kash was a traditional jailer, he would have been targetable if he jailed someone else).

I'll be on at deadline minus 5 hours to actually talk, and maybe a couple times through the day. Just got up and getting out the door right now.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Checking in. Not willing to vote at this time, especially not until this whole night action thing is mod resolved. If we're still waiting on that by the time we're nearing deadline I'll use my vote but I'd rather wait and see if we can get an answer first.

I would be willing to participate in a mass claim, esp since it's probably lylo.

On sporadically today until after work. I'm mildly rustled that hammer happened yesterday before I could check in and write words.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm also VT. Flavor is crack.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
this is mod wifom, but I actually believe "hallucinogen" because after seeing zzyzx's flavorclaim I read Tomm's posted PM as a mod copy/paste error from another VT PM.

That said we have 3 people with votes on them now and that means that scum can win by quickswitching to whoever's town in those people, can we unvote please so we can discuss more?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Thoughts on voting: if merk and Kash were both town, scum would have hammered by now. there's no reason to withhold votes to win the game.

zzyzx's vote on merk - same thing. Scum would hammer if merk and zzyzx were both town.

Everyone's checked into the thread and presumably at least here sporadically since it's probably LYLO, so I'm assuming scum would quickhammer if they could.

I don't think Kash and zzyzx are both scum right now, so that makes me think merk is.

The only way this doesn't make sense in my head is if it's actually a 2 man scumteam.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

are you saying you think there is only one scum left?

No, I'm not. I'm just nervous about putting my vote down because if I'm wrong about merk my vote pretty much loses the game for town.

TMMadman posted:

I don't know if this is really true. Scum could easily not be able to coordinate a quick hammer and often that second vote on someone can give the game away.

So scum could easily be waiting until after work or a time when they can both post at the same time in order to hammer someone.

This is a fair point. I don't necessarily agree, since we're all posting in thread (except for merk, but that's not germane to my point since he wouldn't quickhammer himself if he were scum, and can't quickhammer Kash if he's already got a vote down).

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'll follow you off this cliff, Kash.

##Vote: merk

:redhammer:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hi! Quick night.

So far from what I've seen all the night action stuff is consistent with Kash's claim. TMM's attempts to poke holes in it look like a stretch to me, and based on siv's untargetable result I have a really hard time believing an hider as well as a roleblock and godfather; that's a lot of ways to block town night actions.

I'm also skeptical of the salvia claim from yesterday since salvia is hallucinogenic, and sure enough, zzyzx was indeed hallucinogens - the entire class of 'em. I don't think that there'd be another hallucinogen separately.

Kash has struck me as genuine for the entirety of the last three days. Unless the merk-Kash stuff yesterday (and, really, for the preceding couple days as well) was a ridiculously ballsy bus attempt, which I don't believe, I think this is the right choice.

##Vote TMM

:ohdear:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Man, I thought for sure I had misread Kash in two consecutive games after that quick vote. LYLO is so stressful!

Good game all, thanks Cpig for running it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Okay I was wrong about Leatherman but I was completely right about merk. Thanks for carrying, Kash! :)

also I am sorry for being so horribly, horribly wrong on you EXAKT

• Locked thread