Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Friends don't let friends play Mafia on drugs.

I am not on drugs. If this is actually going to be a game, I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm diabetic, can I be diet coke?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Confirming I read my role PM and weed myself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

As for me, I'm a drug I've never heard of and after GISing I never want to hear of it again :gonk:

Proposal: a Mafia game for responsible drug users and "harm reduction".

Reality: a man falls through the Earth and into Parisian catacombs. Taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. Grasping the nearest by the shoulders he shakes it madly, yelling "My nigga, ##vote Rarity".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Puntification posted:

I don't like this logic: I win when there are no more threats to drugs killing drugs is a threat. ##vote jedit

Rarity has effectively claimed to be krokodil, a drug brewed out of Christ knows what in some Russian's bathtub that literally dissolves flesh as a side effect. If he ain't scum, he's surely 3P. I don't want krokodil on my team.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flying Leatherman posted:

That doesn't make sense to me. As far as I can tell the town faction in this game is drugs. Terrible, frightening drugs are still drugs, right?

That's like arguing poisons are drugs. The scum team could be things like the brown acid, crack or bath salts - things that make drugs look bad.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Krok might be a 3P, doubt they're scum.

Remind me of all the good reasons to keep a 3P alive. I'm sure there must be one, it's just escaping my mind right now in the face of all the most common types being anti-Town.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

zzyzx posted:

Wait, you actually think that someone claimed third party because they said they got a drug they hadn't heard of and were disgusted by an image search?

No, Kashuno said Rarity might be 3P on that basis and I said Rarity being 3P is not a reason to exonerate him. If we were to flip Rarity and he turned out to be scum, we would have to look at Kashuno.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

zzyzx posted:

You were the one that first suggested Rarity was either scum-claiming, or a third party at a minimum, and then Kashuno responded to that. Why did you figure that?

Entirely based on flavour, which is literally all we have right now and is better than voting merk for a joke.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

What is your opinion on Jedit?

Why are you breaking bad? You seem awfully bouncy and in need of validation.

I am not going to vote for merk today. Merk's a good enough player when he's Town that he's at risk of an early scum NK. If he sets himself up as a target that's less likely to happen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Exakt is probably a better vote than merk. I'm at work but should be available up until deadline

Do you think EXAKT has an assigned gimmick?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I clearly don't because I dropped it. What is the point of this question?

The point is that I didn't reread you before posting. Got an ENT infection that's giving me chronic earache to a degree where I've been certified medically unfit for work, so I'm a little distracted just now.

Looking over the votes on merk right now, as I'm fairly sure there's going to be a scum in there. totino's is a joke that he's never rescinded, Jimson's likewise. Neither have posted much either. Rarity and EXAKT are both pushing the "Well merk scumclaimed, so I'mma voting nobody else" line. Rarity's been consistent, though, and EXAKT hasn't. EXAKT also hopped off the wagon when it turned out three people joke voted merk, but I don't know if that's because he didn't want to be seen pushing a bandwagon or because he didn't want one to form.

I'll check the thread one more time in about 15 minutes before I go to bed and if anyone can make a better case on EXAKT I'll reconsider, but otherwise I'm happy with my vote where it is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Puntification posted:

I have a feeling mmt was trying to throw shade on me cos I was on the money therefore ##vote jedit

This is a very bad vote. We've flipped a drug that wasn't Town, so I was in fact correct about drugs being a threat to drugs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

bromp flipped 3P, which does muddy things a bit. I think we can fairly confidently speculate that the scumteam is not drugs.

I agree with that, although it does raise the question of whether we should do a mass flavour claim.

I'd love some explanation from Punt and Opop of why correctly suspecting that "bad trips" are non-Town makes me a bad guy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Puntification posted:

My remark about being on the money was more about thinking I was correct in regards to who was scum not why they were necessarily and you are conflating 3P with scum (who were not drugs) so don't crow too loudly about being right.

For a start, I didn't conflate 3P with scum. Read the post again: my assertion was that bad drugs weren't Town, not that they specifically were scum.

Also you are aware that Murmur Twin voted for me on Day 1 as well? He tried pushing you for further justification before he jumped onto EXAKT's bandwagon. I actually called him on that at the time, upon which he said he thought you were faking content.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

merk posted:

Her reason for voting me in the first post conflicts with her later justification in the third post. The second post is just clearly fake.

No, it doesn't. She started out voting you for making a scum claim during joke phase, then justified not removing it because you kept up the claim after joke phase.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

merk posted:

Look at the posts together. She voted me for joke scum claiming in joke phase, yelled extremely loudly in a fake way about how I wasn't lynched, and then felt necessary to support that fake content with a new justification. It's an evolution of fake content into more fake content.

Rarity was drunkposting at the time, or so she claims. It's hardly surprising that it looks fake. I still don't think she's Town, but those posts are not to me a reason to think that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

I don't understand this at all. You think I'm scum so you should want me lynched but at the same time you're defending me from other cases. That doesn't make any kind of sense.

I don't think it's scummy, it's just weird :psyduck:

No, I'm fairly sure you're 3P and I don't think you're Town-positive 3P - if such a thing exists - but I'd still rather find scum than dunk you. If we dunk sufficient scum and the game doesn't end, then you are my number 1 vote. As for why I'm defending you from other cases: you already said it regarding TM - if a scum doesn't want to "me too" a Townie's case, he has to come up with fake content. It is absolutely right to call out someone's case on a player if it doesn't make sense, even while voting for that player yourself.

I'm looking at TMMadman and Kashuno. TM's concerned that Kash knew that the scum weren't drugs before Murmur flipped, but he was also very quick to agree when I said there were scum on the merk vote. There were four people on that vote - totino boy, EXAKT, Jimson and Rarity - and at this point I have at the least a strong non-scum lean on all of them. I also don't like TMM's late and completely pointless switch to bromp, made when bromp had 5 votes and EXAKT and merk had 3. TMM knew it was plurality lynch, but was acting like it was majority lynch. All that his vote achieved was to ensure that nobody other than bromp would get the finger.

##vote TMMadman

I will be out shortly until after the deadline, but I'll try and find time to read anything said before then.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

:ghost: *whistles spectrally and nonchalantly* Go Town! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Thanks for the game, CPig.

I'm surprised it took you all so long to suss out that TMM was scum. I'm even more surprised that you flipped merk first. I figured out that TMM was scum before I died, but for me merk being a bad guy was somewhat dependent on TMM's flip.

Scum: what did actually happen on Night 3?

• Locked thread