Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Confirmed!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote EXAKT, because.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I don't think Jedit is making a serious vote there.

Vote EXAKT instead, because it's cool. You want to be cool, right?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Jedit posted:

Remind me of all the good reasons to keep a 3P alive. I'm sure there must be one, it's just escaping my mind right now in the face of all the most common types being anti-Town.

Wait, you actually think that someone claimed third party because they said they got a drug they hadn't heard of and were disgusted by an image search?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Jedit posted:

No, Kashuno said Rarity might be 3P on that basis and I said Rarity being 3P is not a reason to exonerate him. If we were to flip Rarity and he turned out to be scum, we would have to look at Kashuno.

You were the one that first suggested Rarity was either scum-claiming, or a third party at a minimum, and then Kashuno responded to that. Why did you figure that?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

We're out of joke phase and merk is still banging the scumclaim drum. No loving way is this a jokey town merk.

Doesn't merk do that semi-regularly? I seem to remember that.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

It's dumb, but I think it tends to be something that townies do more often to screw around than scum do for bragging rights, and so I wouldn't vote him for that alone.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

This post of Murmur's gives me some vibes. I think at least one of Leatherman, Tomm, and Jimson is scum. Also, I'm still feeling merk. If derp were still alive, I think his vote would have gone right to merk, and the scumteam wouldn't want that.

Of those three, Tomm would be worth a look based on this post:

Murmur Twin posted:

I would normally say this is scummy but I was convinced Tomm was scum last game I played with him and he ended up being town cop so :shrug:

It's out of nowhere, not really in response to anybody or anything, and pulls a "I think this looks scummy but" that would work well on a scumbuddy.

His "I'm not down with merk or EXAKT" line elsewhere sounds to me like something to say because he knows both of them are town as he's doing that vote on Punt instead.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

This is a fun exchange in light of Murmur's flip:

Tommunist posted:

##vote kashuno

Kash is close to kush but its not weed, obviously DEA

Murmur Twin posted:

I refuse to associate myself with the DEA ##vote Kash

Tommunist posted:

Power

The power of the DEA

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

MMT uses she/her/hers fwiw

Sure, I just assume on the internet. Probably should've looked at her avatar.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

This and your other post on Tomm are I think worth a closer look. Tomm and TMM were strangely in sync. It could just be buddying, but I don't like it.

The more I think about it the more I like that one. merk and EXAKT I probably wouldn't vote for, and I'm not wild about the Rarity case (remember, if someone tries to give you a flavor argument, you can Just Say No), but looking for connections to Murmur seems like the best start.

##vote tommunist

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Jedit's right; "because he scumclaimed" doesn't contradict "because it's no longer jokephase and he's still scumclaiming." One's a natural development from the other.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll probably be out to lunch when the deadline hits, but I still like the Tomm vote best.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Why would you claim jailer when nobody's voting (or even really looking at) you and there's a doctor flipped?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

If you thought it was too quiet and wanted to make content, why not put together a case on TMM instead?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

TMMadman posted:

If you thought Rarity was an SK, why didn't you jail her?

Or TMM, for that matter? You've been after him since d1.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk posted:

##vote Kashuno

I wouldn't expect a scum jailer and roleblocker, we're probably out of third parties by now, and a jailer/doc combo on the town side makes sense. It could be made up, but then the obvious question is why do that, in that spot, as scum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Happy Christmas!

I haven't read over the Jimson or EXAKT lynches closely yet, but a few preliminary thoughts:

1) If I had to guess at spacing in vienna's night actions, it'd be merk, tommunist, and kashuno. merk is a sensible cop choice on n1 for various reasons, and the very first thing spacing says on d2 is "really not feeling merk today," not in response to anybody or anything. d2 he agrees that tommunist is a good pick (and would be his next lynch after Jedit, the guy ultimately voted off the island), but then he opens d3 noting that he's now much less suspicious of tomm. d4 he more or less claims to have targeted kashuno.

One interesting wrinkle is figuring out what spacing's result on kashuno was - he flipped cop, but I can't quite tell if the investigation of kashuno failed or if he got some kind of tracker result instead. "I know you jailed yourself instead of merk" sounds like something a tracker would say, and he does waffle quite a lot. In any event my guess is that he had results on merk and tommunist that (at least to him) suggested those two were town, then got a result on kashuno that wasn't firm one way or the other.

2) Not much about kashuno's claim makes any sense unless he's brand-new to mafia, or drunk, or both, but I keep coming back to the fact that it makes even less sense as a scum play. I think the guy in that spot flips "crazy townie" 95 times out of a 100, so my guess is crazy townie.

3) Assuming zzyzx is a handsome and charming townie, that leaves me with Leatherman, Opop, and TMM. They've all struck me at different points as "yeah, I could see that" votes, so I'm probably going to do most of my reading there tomorrow, along with looking at the jail targets and recent lynches and such.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Flying Leatherman posted:

The way I read that wasn't that he was tracking Kash, just that he got an untargetable result (if Kash was a traditional jailer, he would have been targetable if he jailed someone else).

Yeah, re-reading it there's a post where spacing comes right out and says his night action failed.

That makes the jailer claim stronger to me, because we're running out of things that could stop a cop investigation. The SK's hiding ability is gone, the scum roleblocker is gone, the 3P bus-driver-thingy is gone. It seems likely that Kash's role interfered with spacing in a way that's consistent with the claim.

One interesting note is that kash's role, if it's genuine, becomes very powerful in the endgame because there's no RB to stop him and he's functionally bulletproof, never mind that he can protect people. Let's say this setup is 3 scum, one SK, and a third party (which sounds reasonable with 16 players) and we're in a C9-ish situation now. Then let's say we get down to one scum remaining with kash still on the field. If I'm the mod, the scum mathematically can't win in that situation because he can't control the vote or kill his last remaining target, and at best it's a draw. (Some mods would allow a scum victory in that situation, but others wouldn't. The text of Murmur's win condition suggests to me that CPig wouldn't.) In any case he becomes a bigger problem as the town gets smaller.

That would make lynching kash a high scum priority, and sure enough we have a couple of players trying to push that angle without much substance.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk posted:

I have plenty of substance behind my Kash vote. He claimed needlessly and his justification for his night action claims do not match up with his in-thread play. On top of that, he's said day after day that he thinks TMM is scum but has been happy pushing everyone other than TMM day after day.

It's a TMM/Kash scum team. It's the most plain as day scum team in a 2015 game of SA Mafia.

For this to be the case, one of two things has to be true:

1) kash is a scum jailer. This seems unlikely to me on a team that already has a roleblocker.

2) kash is making up the jailer claim out of whole-cloth. One, there's no reason to do it as scum in the way he does; two, vienna confirms that something interfered with his investigation that's consistent with the claim.

Your argument is "his play is stupid." Townies do stupid poo poo all the time.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk posted:

zzyzx, why does a Scum Jailer not make sense after a Scum Roleblocker flipped, but you're OK with a Town Jailer claim after a Town Doctor flipped?

This is my guess:

Scum

RB (Murmur)
vanilla or GF (probably a godfather)
vanilla

Town

Cop (spacing)
Doc (punt)
Jailer (kash)
VTs

Other

SK (rarity)
zombie thing (bromp)

One blocking role per faction, a cop and a counter, an extra protective role in light of the SK. It's tidy.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd feel good about an Opop vote. Will come back later.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote Opop

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk posted:

I think it's a cleaner setup with the Jailer being on the scum team while also limiting one action per night. It gives both town and scum a protective role while not making the scum basically screwed if they lose their RB or Jailer early on.

On n3, the doc was already dead; and if I'm right, by that point there are no other roles left that could have stopped a nightkill. kash claims to have targeted you and become hidden himself, and vienna confirms the second part. There was no kill that night. If kash is a scum jailer, why has he prevented the nightkill?

Second, if you take my proposed setup and switch the jailer to the scum side, you have two blocking roles, an SK, and a third party, and only two power roles (a doc and a cop) on the town side. That seems extremely unlikely.

I'm pretty well convinced kash is town. That leaves me with three possible combinations of scum, and if it's TMM + Leatherman, you'll lose the game by voting for kash.

The two remaining possibilities (you and FL, you and TMM) are both plausible. There are strong arguments in favor of your being scum - a godfather trying to attract a cop's attention on d1 isn't uncommon, you're pushing for the last claimed power role (a necessary lynch for a scum player) against all good sense - and if you're a townie, voting for you doesn't really change anything because you were going to end the game anyway. I'm not seeing a downside to voting for you here.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Yeah, if anyone else has a claim, now'd be the time. I'm vanilla.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'm a happy little hallucinogen. All was well until the anti-druggers came around. That's it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Reading over CPig's posts, it's identical to tommunist's. The role name is just "hallucinogens" instead of MDMA.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Kashuno posted:

No specific name. Could be a fake claim.

zzyzx posted:

Reading over CPig's posts, it's identical to tommunist's. The role name is just "hallucinogens" instead of MDMA.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote merk

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Talk to CPig. I didn't write the flavor.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Flying Leatherman posted:

That said we have 3 people with votes on them now and that means that scum can win by quickswitching to whoever's town in those people, can we unvote please so we can discuss more?

No. merk and I are the two most stubborn players left, by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

This was fun! Thanks for putting it together.

• Locked thread