Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

And how about YOUR buddying to me?

You are freely admitting that you "caught me" in a gotcha, and are accusing me of buddying when you actively did so in order to "catch" me. This is the height of hypocrisy.

The "Yay Quid is town!" post jumped out to me at the time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Like, literally, I told him to case me, and he pulled jack poo poo out. This doesn't ring as incredibly fake to anyone else?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

Was that your case on me? One post that was after the entirety of my casework and two posts that aren't actual content at all?

My case on you is that you plopped down a lazy vote on Kashuno then peaced out, rationalized that case post hoc while buddying to me, started flailing when I turned on you, and FINALLY voted me after I called you out on it. You called TMM/Hal the scumteam with a high degree of certainty, completely ignoring the person who is so lurky that Hal of all people is calling them out for it. Your casework does not make sense from a town perspective.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Uh, why would I case someone who has been a loving non-entity and didn't post all of the end of D1 when I clearly was goddamned reviewing the end of D1 since that was the only content I hadn't seen yet, and there was zero content D2 cause you were all waiting on me?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody cased bowmore the end of yesterday, are we all scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa that was mean EXAKT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also:

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I definitely agree with Quid about Kashuno. The way he's been interacting with SA gives me strong scum vibes. This post in particular:

I don't understand the need to justify not having a vote down, at least not from a town perspective. Especially contrasted with his earlier post:

Sooooo, you knew going into N1 that I was full of poo poo because of my lazy vote which you agreed with and which you were on?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Uh, why would I case someone who has been a loving non-entity and didn't post all of the end of D1 when I clearly was goddamned reviewing the end of D1 since that was the only content I hadn't seen yet, and there was zero content D2 cause you were all waiting on me?

There are few enough people in the game that you can mention everyone at some point. You've talked about every other player to some extent.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, the only thin Quid has had to say about SA is the softest of sus. They didn't even figure into Quid's the analysis today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT on Kash and my case on him:

Initial impressions:

EXAKT Science posted:

Kash pings a little bit, but not as much as the other two. I don't think he's scum with Madman if one of them is scum.

EXAKT Science posted:

Kashuno kind of pings me, but he always pings me. I don't really like that he didn't throw down any votes until this vote on Quid, which I don't really think is justified:

All of a sudden:

EXAKT Science posted:

I'd vote Hal or Kash.

And then I case Kashuno and we get this!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I definitely agree with Quid about Kashuno. The way he's been interacting with SA gives me strong scum vibes. This post in particular:

I don't understand the need to justify not having a vote down, at least not from a town perspective. Especially contrasted with his earlier post:

EXAKT Science posted:

The interactions between Kash and SA read to me like they could be a bus. I'm much more confident about Kashuno, however.

##vote Kashuno

Responds to Kashuno's "this is bullshit" by continuing to push my opinion as a valid one. Can we say "buddying?"

EXAKT Science posted:

How is it contradictory? I don't think I see it.

Also, I don't think Quid was saying that you were coaching a scumbro. It could very easily be buddying up to a townie as well.

EXAKT Science posted:

That doesn't make it better, it makes it worse, imo.

EXAKT Science posted:

lol k scumbo

SO MUCH AS TO COUNTERCASE KASHUNO:

EXAKT Science posted:

Your case on me is inconsistent and reeks of OMGUS. You were calling me and Quid town, and then once we started voting you, we catapulted to the top of your scum list with basically no justification. You also have not engaged any of the questions I've been asking you since your mysterious switch to finding the folx voting you scummy.

EXAKT Science posted:

You're framing your perspective as fact. This isn't analysis, it's building a narrative.

EXAKT Science posted:

I'd rather go for someone like Kash, who has been acting actively scummy.

Then he completely stops talking about Kash until we get really close to deadline:

EXAKT Science posted:

Unless someone else shows up, Kash is the only viable choice.

Soooooo....where is this "quid is full of crap with his lazy vote" opinion, EXAKT?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa that was mean EXAKT

You tend to lurk a lot Hal, no meanness intended.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was around at deadline, and didn't just plop down a vote and peace out.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, the only thin Quid has had to say about SA is the softest of sus. They didn't even figure into Quid's the analysis today.

They did not figure into the analysis of the end of day posting in which they did not post at all, you are correct. I was only looking at content because that's what you do when you're trying to find scum. I also didn't post about bowmore at all so why didn't you jump down my throat abiout that yesterday?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I was around at deadline, and didn't just plop down a vote and peace out.

I don't like this post. People do have lives.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Quid that last point was actually true. The only people who had votes on them were also around, and Kash was at -2 with two people not already voting him who were here. Mathematically, based on who was posting, there was no other viable lunch.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
gently caress it, I'll do it, I don't care

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm the cop and I have a result on Quid. He is an Elf.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

I understand. And sometimes there's no accounting for gut reads. Mostly, I don't understand where the impression of "leading" comes from. Can you elaborate on that at all? Or at least make an effort to articulate your thought process? Please, I just want to understand.

breadcrumb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm rooting for a SA counterclaim

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

Quid please come tell me what you think, you were wrong yesterday but that's okay. Is there anyone you're getting serious vibes from? Scum are really close to winning, so we need to make sure all the cards are on the table.

breadcrumb

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm rooting for a SA counterclaim

lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hah nice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Exakt, do you think there is any chance of a Quid/Hal scum team? I know that Quid started this day pointing at me and Hal, but in the end he came down on me. Do you think that he could have been distancing/busing Hal a bit there?

I'm sure I'm going to get looked at funny because I didn't hammer Quid twice, but I felt I was being prudent since I still had suspicions about you as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not that I actually think that is the case, but I just want your opinions. I still maintain that the scum team was most likely Quid/SA or Exakt/Hal, but since I believe your claim that second one is out the door.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That's incredibly amusing because I'm the cop, investigated SA and got a town result on him, and why I've been actively trying to avoid talking about why I left him out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No I think not hammering quid isn't that bad, there was no way to be sure at that time you were being prudent

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NOW SA needs to come in and claim cop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

That's incredibly amusing because I'm the cop, investigated SA and got a town result on him, and why I've been actively trying to avoid talking about why I left him out.

Do you have breadcrumbs?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is a terrible audible. If you were the cop and got a scum result in a game with no millers or obfuscating roles there's no reason you wouldn't have come out immediately with it. Wasting my time in a gotcha is not the town move here, it's the way to form a narrative against me based on what I said. Which is what he did.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have breadcrumbs?

Why would I breadcrumb a 7 player game that could be over D2, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Are you having a hard time coordinating how to respond to this with your scumbuddy, Exakt?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

Are you having a hard time coordinating how to respond to this with your scumbuddy, Exakt?

lol

TMMadman posted:

I don't like this post. People do have lives.

I'm playing Mafia irl right now

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

See, this is harder to believe because I feel the cop should have just come out the moment he got a single vote when he is actively being attacked. Or at the very least, be the first claim especially if you had cleared a live town member. And even more so after I didn't hammer you twice when I had the chance.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

Why would I breadcrumb a 7 player game that could be over D2, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

I did it, cuz I'm the cop and wanted to back up my claim when I finally had to do it. I didn't want to claim in case I could stretch it out and confirm SA as scum tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean seriously Quid, if you are a cop and you cleared town, how do you not immediately trust me when I don't hammer you for the second time and claim at that point?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

See, this is harder to believe because I feel the cop should have just come out the moment he got a single vote when he is actively being attacked. Or at the very least, be the first claim especially if you had cleared a live town member. And even more so after I didn't hammer you twice when I had the chance.

A town result is not as helpful as a scum result because I'm going to get auto-NKed as soon as I come out with it. That just clears one person which is helpful but not as helpful as removing a scum member which gets our numbers in a better place. If I had been able to convince you based on my PLAY that I was town, I would get another free investigation.

By contrast, there is NO REASON for Exakt not to have started the day with this information. Obfuscating himself at this point is the wrong play, 100%.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I absolutely would have breadcrumbed something to back up any eventual claim.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I mean seriously Quid, if you are a cop and you cleared town, how do you not immediately trust me when I don't hammer you for the second time and claim at that point?

To be completely honest with you I started out reacting really poorly in front of the BART station and then I was out shopping with my girlfriend and more focused on fighting for my life while trying to do all of this on my phone and shopping with her. I was really pissed off and upset that this was happening and I didn't react as well as I could have. I hosed it up. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm the cop and EXAKT is full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

A town result is not as helpful as a scum result because I'm going to get auto-NKed as soon as I come out with it. That just clears one person which is helpful but not as helpful as removing a scum member which gets our numbers in a better place. If I had been able to convince you based on my PLAY that I was town, I would get another free investigation.

By contrast, there is NO REASON for Exakt not to have started the day with this information. Obfuscating himself at this point is the wrong play, 100%.

Except that by not hammering you twice, I think I proved I'm town. At that point it's an auto claim because the second investigation isn't needed. It's entirely mechanical at that point.

• Locked thread