Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i will sign up, for this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i got a PM

it wasn't from opop tho

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it should be

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Someone Awful are you new/newish?

yeah, this is like my 6th game or something :buddy:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puTsbvGEK68

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

non-goon response that's still pretty goony: i was raised listening to those mannheim steamroller synth christmas albums because my dad is a goddamn nerd so probably something off those. maybe carol of the bells

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

kash being scummy isn't a scumtell tbh

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

every game i've been in, kash has also been in, and a lot of people (myself included) thought he was scummy af

i have yet to be in a game where kash was scum

:shrug:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Says the person pushing for a turbo on someone who hasn't even confirmed.

##vote Exakt

on a scale of :geno: to :q: how serious is this post

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm not sayin' you couldn't be scum, 'cause you could, i'm open to the possibility

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I would shrug but lifting my shoulders is too much effort

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i feel asleep

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's legitimately hard for me to read that as a meta joke considering how serious tmm's posting has been out the gate

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm around now, hi. also i'm not scum

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Yay Quid is town!

gut says this is a really weird/buddying response to quidnose's (admittedly good and useful) posting

Quidnose posted:

So I do think that the EXAKT pushing Hal turbo could be a little scummy if not for the fact that I like a lot of EXAKT's jokephase posting and I really feel like he's not coming from a malicious place. He has enough town sense about him in the moments when he's actually called out:

This is his first solid response to TMM, but this is what really seals the deal for me:

I don't see scum coming in and shutting this down. I feel like scum EXAKT who understands how quick this game could go would silently let this ride out and capitalize on this fact rather than being the voice of reason. Gives me good town feels.

i don't have meta, being pretty new (obviously), but my first read on that same point was that EXAKT was trying to look town by shutting down a line of discussion (TMM's hate-on for kashuno) that wasn't really going to go anywhere useful anyway. :shrug:

lemme keep reading

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

dunno how to feel about TMM. i feel like it'd be to scum's benefit to let jokephase go on for awhile and TMM seemed to be seriousposting right off the bat

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i don't really know what TMM being TMM means but if this is pretty much how he always plays, I can work with it. It discounts my only real read on him, so :shrug: is not the first time in this game Kash has made a "TMM gonna TMM" post either

gut instinct says hal is scum but i have absolutely nothing to substantiate it with. i also have a weak scum-read on EXAKT but i think i may just be oversensitive to what feels like someone playing town leader, because nothing EXAKT has posted actually reads as particularly scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'll own up to being a crappy white-noise poster so far this game, but dumb doesn't always equal scum. it does make me an easy target for scum to push though.

• Locked thread