Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yessssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is a signup btw, thanks for letting me know EXAKT.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We will save christmas for sure this time

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Confirming I've read maybe a few posts but this already looks to be a far better game than the last one~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Says the person pushing for a turbo on someone who hasn't even confirmed.

##vote Exakt

This is a really weird and defensive, unnecessary post. Would vote TMM for this I think.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Alright I have some time, gonna blow this poo poo wide open

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

The old 'claim to get a fake PM to cover for the fact that I got a real scum PM' ploy.

Would vote Kash.

Was this a serious statement, because it looks like it COULD be part of jokephase but it also reads as very serious three seconds into the day which is very odd

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

I like that you're willing to call it scummy, but not vote even tho we're still firmly in jokephase. Almost half the game hasn't confirmed.

This also seems overly sensitive and trigger happy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well since there are two scum and it only takes 4 to lynch I feel voting early is dangerous and kind of scummy.

Yes, that does mean I find your vote kind of scummy.

Why were we all being so serious after two confirmation posts :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well since there are two scum and it only takes 4 to lynch I feel voting early is dangerous and kind of scummy.

Yes, that does mean I find your vote kind of scummy.

TMMadman posted:

According to you claiming VT is useless.

##vote Kash

TMM fully aware of the fact that voting willy nilly could be bad for D1 but seems to be voting Kashuno based on...a meta joke? Am I reading this right?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Says the person pushing for a turbo on someone who hasn't even confirmed.

##vote Exakt

And again this is a lot of vote throwing around when TMM's initial serious response to EXAKT was "well I don't want to throw my vote around"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

How is it weird and defensive? There is someone saying that we shouldn't waste a day while simultaneously saying that we should turbo Hal.

This is also the height of irony considering TMM at this point has voted for 2 different people at the drop of a hat~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hold on I need to go back because I clearly have a scum hardon for TMM based on me feeling something was off about his initial post and now I'm glazing over the other content :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So I do think that the EXAKT pushing Hal turbo could be a little scummy if not for the fact that I like a lot of EXAKT's jokephase posting and I really feel like he's not coming from a malicious place. He has enough town sense about him in the moments when he's actually called out:

EXAKT Science posted:

If the scum try to push an early lunch it'll be obvious. Like I said, three players haven't even posted. :chill:

This is his first solid response to TMM, but this is what really seals the deal for me:

EXAKT Science posted:

You have this dumb slapfight every game. It dominates day 1 discussion and never accomplishes anything. We don't have the day to waste. Tomorrow is LYLO unless we hit.

I don't see scum coming in and shutting this down. I feel like scum EXAKT who understands how quick this game could go would silently let this ride out and capitalize on this fact rather than being the voice of reason. Gives me good town feels.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Because it's not a weird thing for TMM to say?

Kashuno are you being intentionally obtuse in this exchange with EXAKT because I don't see how you can actually have the opinion that my thinking it odd TMM is being super serious out the gate is bad, and I've known you to be intentionally obtuse in games when we've been scum together.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Madman is casing you because you are saying "don't waste time with your stupid bullshit" when you were doing jokephase stuff.

This is an odd thing to say considering TMM was, in fact, also throwing his vote around as much as EXAKT, and with seemingly actual casing intent behind it. Can you explain your thought process, Kash, cause I'm not getting this defense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid was trying hard to be a bit serious kind of early there too, he certainly seems a lot worse than TMM as far as early "serious" cases go

I disagree, I made a single post saying I was getting bad vibes from TMM and would vote for him based on those early feelings, whereas TMM was dropping votes with his actual cases. Do you still think I'm the one acting scummy here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kash's vote on me isn't great and TMM considering it publicly without comment is also pretty lousy.

I have some feelings but I want to see some responses from people to see how they gel.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

You brought up solid points Quid, I don't have strong rebuttals and it helped me look back at things.

Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If you are currently predicating your cases on "this person hasn't posted therefore they are scum," Hal, I will vote so hard for you, because that is the laziest poo poo in the world.

I didn't realize bowmore was in this game but that doesn't make him scum, and you're now two for two in me being your top suspect previously.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT, aside from exonerating me as town, do you have any opinions on TMM being vote-happy, Hal being "absent=scum" happy, and Kashuno pushing odd opinions? You're the only person I'm fairly sure is town right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The ONLY thing giving me pause right now is my :tinfoil: "would TMM, as scum, be that self conscious and weird out of the bat."

I know meta cases are crap but has anyone actually seen TMM as scum because I don't think I ever have. Is this par for the course?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am less bothered by Kashuno asking for time to review as I am with the fact that it was entirely unnecessary for him to post. Why not just look at the thread, go "I'll deal with that later" and then go to the gym? That's self-consciousness about a need to generate content and that isn't town.

Then he comes back with this:

Kashuno posted:

I don't disagree with that! It's hard for a game with so little time for a player without meta reads to be super contributive with how little content there is. If I felt strong enough, I'd have a vote on you

And this is the most mafia-coach buddy buddy poo poo, yo.

##vote Kashuno this is not town play and glaringly scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That post jumped out at me so bad I couldn't remember if he had actually posted reads:

Kashuno posted:

Cool. So right now I've got scum vibes hard from SA and TMM, a very weak ping from Hal. EXAKT and Quid feel town to me. Bowmore posts nothing yet again so that's a null.

TMM is an easy target, Hal is currently on a lot of people's lists. This is lazy.

I am most curious about including SA. Why is he a strong scum vibe over Hal? Why is he someone who has posted more content than bowmore?

You set up this grand parlor reveal you had to delay for the gym and this is what we get? There is nothing to back this up. Come on, Kashuno, play scum better :(

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm happy with my Kash vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sorry guys, I was seeing Star Wars and that was kind of an all afternoon and evening event. I just got off of work and I have to get a few checks in but I'll do a reread after I'm done with that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I was going to finish casing Kashuno because I really think that people looking at him before the end of the day and going "those are solid responses" are full of poo poo but that feels like a waste of time.

Kashuno used a whole lot of self-meta that didn't matter, made soft bizarre connections with unflipped players regarding their intent, and was overall just flabbergasted that people DEIGNED to be suspicious of him coming in and saying things like "You list SA as a person you would vote because you would feel him to be scum when he has no content."

I realize this is a moot point right now because he's dead and town, but I'm going to reiterate he was ACTING scummy, I am surprised he DIDN'T flip scum, and that means people dismissing him as town are borderline "no reason and know too much" for me right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

You're framing your perspective as fact. This isn't analysis, it's building a narrative.

This is what I was getting at.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I think I'd rather lynch bowmore over Kash right now. Bowmore has a total of 7 posts and only 2 of them are game related. One where he votes for Hal and then another where he gives a weak defense of his vote and says he's not moving it.

I'm not sure what to make of this, because I keep thinking "TMM DEFENDING HIS SCUM BUDDY" except I keep forgetting Kash wasn't scum :v:

I really don't like TMM coming out and going for what we now know would be an easy miscuddle with bowmore's flip. It's weird considering how from my perspective Kashuno was talking out of his butt really hard. If TMM knew bowmore was town, he might be going for the easy D1 into D2 win here, especially if he could get heat off of Kashuno, who he also would know was town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Also, what changed? You were right there on the Kash train until he started to pick up votes.

Once again EXAKT says what I am thinking as I am rereading lolololol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

It doesn't really matter if D1 lurking is alignment neutral because if we don't hang scum today then we are in LYLO and that's a bad place took be with a lurker.

If we lynch bowmore today and he flips town, we still have lots of content from Kash to look at, but if we don't lynch him today then he makes a very attractive, very easy target for tomorrow.

Boom, TMM setting up a Kash miscuddle if he gets the bowmore vote off. I think this is scum TMM working to get the game in the bag.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like what Kashuno has said. He didn't waste a lot of time defending himself and I like the points he's made. His reaction doesn't look scummy at all, other maybe that he is going after the people who voted him.

I'd rather ##vote SA. Sorry I was travelling most of yesterday and today but I'm here until deadline so let's chat.

Hal, how was this possibly your opinion with what Kash was doing? Please explain, because I really don't like this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I don't get the argument that it's bad to go after the people who voted for you. It gets leveled against me a lot, but I feel that since I know my own alignment I am the best judge of who I think is attacking me in bad faith. I just don't see going after the people going after you as inherently scummy.

So why would you rather vote SA over bowmore?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I don't think it's that bad either and I do the same thing. It's just also a somewhat easy tack to take because it requires less effort than analyzing something from a neutral point of view.

I'd rather vote SA because bowmore isn't playing any differently than usual. He's more a crapshoot, whereas SA looks like he's forcing stuff and avoiding any heat coming his way. I'd be ok with either really, just have more of a read on SA.

These two votes back to back are an odd combination of distracting metachat with weird setup/respond discussion that I could see being faked content in the thread by a scum team.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't hang bowmore when his contribution is to come back and in simply restate the position he's been holding the entire game.

I don't know what he's doing, but I don't feel like it's town behavior.

Same thing, pushing the easy miscuddle with absolutely no reason other than "look how terrible he is being." This is a really poor push.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bowmore posted:

i'll hold my position until one of us is lynched

he made a huge effort post as soon as momentum] started to swing his way, and then nobody looked at him because he made a post, even though it was a pure "i have to do/put a bit of effort in this so i don't get lynched" post

TMMadman posted:

See, I just don't read Hal that way and feel that you're just forcing the issue and hiding behind a 'him or me' attitude.

Hal/TMM scumteam.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So who is going to be around? We've got about an hour and forty five minutes to go.

I'm not really sure about the Kash vote. I would probably vote him because I don't think a no lynch is a good idea in this game, but if he flips town then I think one of Exakt or Quid would be scum. It's hard to think of them both as scum and acting together so openly.

I've actually been thinking that this might be right:

I was just thinking that Exakt isn't just posting a lot, she is running circles around everyone else and it's got me on edge right now. Also, some of the reactions Exakt had when I started to the question the Kash vote irked me. Stuff like this:

Just makes me feel like Exakt is trying to lead me along into a mislynch.

Again, TMM's top cuddle candidates are two flipped townies and someone who has contributions have been competely townie while he won't even consider bowmore's points on Hal. I think this is lazy scum play trying to get a fast win out by putting his eggs on all the town members and just spraying and praying.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I think at this point, I'd rather do bowmore or SA in that order. I don't buy the whole 'him or me' thing from bowmore and it feels forced and SA has just completely disappeared in a small game. Neither of them has posted any sort of real content, but bowmore is pushing an argument that doesn't read true to me.

The problem is that I don't think BOTH of them are scum together. Right now I think there one scum in these pairings: Exakt/Kash and bowmore/SA. I feeling like Quid is pretty solidly town and I like what Hal has been posting, so I'm leaning town for him right now.

And then SA out of nowhere, what? This is a mega bizarre post. Suddenly SA is on his radar as a viable candidate when he had no opinions on him before (like, literally thought EXAKT was talking about Hal being a lurker instead of SA who he had clearly mentioned before, maybe a slip?), setting up potential chaincuddles with people we now know to be town...I'm a broken record at this point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will put my vote where it needs to be to get things done, it kind of sucks that the two biggest targets aren't really responding to anything.

This attitude feels like one that's trying to look town and helpful rather than actually BEING town and helpful.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

It just feels like a set up to a mislynch, but I think we really need to hang someone.

So ##vote Kash

IRONY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Killing bowmore implicates Hal because bowmore was only voting for Hal. So I think scum may have killed bowmore to set up Hal

And again, totally pushing this white knite narrative with Hal.

TMM and Hal are the scumteam, I will vote for either today.

• Locked thread