Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm the character that was planned, but had to be cut during early development of the game. Dataminers will find traces of me in certain scenes, and I will become a fan in-joke among the hardcore community. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'm just fanfiction.

irl

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
:siren: YOU DON'T NEED CONCRETE GOALS YET :siren:

Those will be necessary later on down the line, but that's the kind of thing we can work out once we have final picks. I still like to see some ideas, but you don't need to stress about them.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
In general my goals are pretty straightforward so unless there is some kind of secret spooky plan to have goals weave in with other people I'm all set. I am open to changing any stuff on my sheet though, including goals!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

aldantefax posted:

In general my goals are pretty straightforward so unless there is some kind of secret spooky plan to have goals weave in with other people I'm all set. I am open to changing any stuff on my sheet though, including goals!

Same.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i had two rando ones but 'gently caress you bro' and talking to a dragon are pretty core parts of the character

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nyancy Purlosi, fortune's fool

I'm just a simple traveler down on her luck. You wouldn't believe what I had to go through to get on this boat. The day started on a high note with a street performer catching my coat on fire. I had to run over to the black smith's water barrel. As luck would have it the day I walk into town a bomb sneaks into the armory to nest. It notices me barging into the place and goes to pop. On top of that it was a gun producing smith. The bomb set off the store of black powder. I ran fast enough to not get caught in the blast. But the fire had only become worse! At least I was able to throw the burning rags off before my fur ignited. Oh boy do you never want that to happen. So the town's got a crater and its own fire problem. And everyone thinks I did it! It was bad enough everyone saw me in my underwear I didn't need them forming a lynch mob too. My friend bailed me out though.
Well sort of. Jacqueline is a bounty hunter. We get a long real well. Whenever I run into trouble she never seems far behind. We have a nice ride together in her carriage and she makes really long tea. But then she always drops me off at a prison for the reward money! One of these days I'm going to tell her off, I'm always in such a bad spot it's almost an improvement. Oh? Yeah she always collects the bounty because of all the trouble I get in. They call me the "breathing catastrophe" and if you emphasize "cat" I'll bop you. Right so where was I? Oh yeah prison. Prison's really boring. Except when it isn't and then you wish it always was. I was put on mining duty. I didn't have a good feeling about it. Let's just say that thing in town wasn't my own run in with bombs. But it was even worse than that! We struck a natural cave formation that a malboro was living in. The guy next to me said that he learned in the great war that if you urinate in some cloth it blocks out the gas. ...Yeah I wasn't about to try that. It was absolute chaos. I just started running. I was real disoriented mind you, turned out I ran through the hole we busted and out into the cave. I figure, I should get as far away from that monster as possible. But the enchantment on the uniform was binding me to the prison so I had to ditch it. Which led to even more trouble, high enough on a mountain and the snow's there year round. I got by on my skill and instincts till eventually some adventurers that were hired to clear out the malboro found me and helped me get back to town. After a bit of getting back on my feet I booked this trip to put all that and more behind me! It's gonna be a new beginning for me.

Huh, the waves seem a bit ornery today, yeah?

quote:

Nyancy Purlosi
Miqo'te
Gambler pg42

"What's the Worst that could happen? ...Nah we'll be lucky if only that happens."

PWR: 5
RES: 7
DEX: 7
MND: 5

Force: 3
Finesse: 3

HP: 21
MP:

AVD: 6
ACC: 2

Skills:
Athletics 4
Escape 4
Nature 4
Negotiation 4
Stealth 4
Swimming 4

Abilities:
Slots
Wildfire
Long Shot

Equipment:
10g
Leather Garb medium armor. 4arm 4marm
Dagger. Concealable
Rifle. Ranged.
2 Potion
1 smoke bomb

I'd be up for an irc. The only time I can guarantee is sunday nights (est)

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 19, 2015

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Luma Cremia
~theme song~

Journal Entry - [date scribbled over]
Made it to the edge of the Theobrom territory, finally. Not that you can really tell what the borders for anything are, around here - it's just the point where people stop saying 'yep, this place was wrecked by Theobrom' and start saying 'yep, this is Theobrom'. Well. That and the fact that the second I set foot in the place, I immediately wanted to turn tail and hustle off back home. Can't really do that, though - for one thing, the outposts around here are the biggest group of people I've seen in weeks (and when there are people, there are people who want both entertainment and to be parted from their money), for another... well. I don't really know. I guess it's for the same reason I keep writing in here; you have to feel like you're doing something worthwhile, right? Something that people will be able to hold close to their heart to remember you by. 'Right, that was Luma, she saved the world at Theobrom', or something like that. I imagine everyone's got that sort of ticking in the back of their mind, driving them to change the world in any way they can.

...Hell, I wonder if the people whose arts destroyed this place felt the same way?

Not that it matters, I guess. I'm not going to be saving or destroying any worlds or anything like that, I'm just going to do some singing, maybe some fortune telling, make some money, send it back to Mother and Father back in Nelty, and move on. Just like usual. Someday I'll be able to pay them back for taking me in - they could have just left me to freeze to death or be eaten by bears or bugs or bugbears in those ruins they found me in, but for now, all I can do is just this little bit at a time. I guess I'm just saying that, though. Nothing stopping me from just, I don't know, settling down and marrying some rich idiot but myself, right? But that'd be boring, and hell if I'm going to give up getting to see the world to just sit in a parlor somewhere and look pretty.

Not that I'm bad at looking pretty, thankyouverymuch.

-later-
Had the same dream again - they've been happening more often, lately.

This time, I could actually make out what the crystal was trying to say... sort of. It fades in and out, sort of like a fire when you dump a handful of dirt on it.

When it spoke, I could feel the air around me (the dream-air around dream-me) shaking and whatever I was standing on felt like it'd collapse any second. You'd think with all that flashy stuff, I'd actually remember what was said, but... Maybe it was because I was trying not to fall from where I was standing (I remember old mossy stones, now that I think about it), maybe it was because everything else was so chaotic, or maybe because that's just the way dreams work, but I can't really remember what the drat thing was even trying to say. Isn't that a pain? Doesn't really seem fair, after all that effort.

Anyway, after the crystal was finished saying whatever it was trying to say (I think. Again, not totally clear), everything... well, everything just sort of went to poo poo at once, frankly. Roaring flames, thunder and lightning, ice and rock shards spraying everywhere... Dream-me decided that was a pretty good time to run the hell away, dashing through... ruins, I guess? More of that mossy stone everywhere, at least - until finally, well, there weren't any more ruins to run through, just a steep cliff and a whole lot of nothing at the bottom.

She- I?- dreams are weird - jumped anyway, because nothing's better than getting simultaneously burnt to death and hit by lightning like... fifteen times at once. In any case, she jumped, fell for a long time, and then I woke up kicking over the lamp by my bed.

The innkeeper is going to be pissed when she comes up here.

A wandering singer, fortuneteller, and elementalist with a clouded past and an uncertain future. What will destiny hold for this, a child born of magicite's dreaming?

quote:

Luma Cremia
Job: Geomancer

Attributes:
PWR 4
RES 7
DEX 6
MND 10

Force 2
Finesse 4

HP 25
MP 10
AVD 6
ACC bonus 1

ARM 4
MARM 4

Job Abilities:
Geotrance
Geoawareness
Unusual Species (Arcana type, +2 Mind, grants fluency in Ancient)

Skills:
Awareness 5
Lore (history) 3
Lore (magic) 3
Nature 5
Perform 3
Athletics 3

Equipment:
Soulstone 'Harphe' (Tier 1 Arcane Weapon - Quick Cast)
A roughly-shaped crystal talisman, to be set in jewelry or on a staff. It is the color of a sunrise.

Adventurine Bangle (Tier 1 Medium Armor)
A golden bangle studded with stones signifying 'luck'. Treasured by those who live by their wits (but still believe in the power of gemstones).

Hand-Knit Shawl (Tier 1 Accessory - Ice Ward)
Crafted by Luma's adopted mother, the somewhat uneven stitching in this comfortable woolen shawl still resonates with her prayers for safe travel and protection.

EDIT: I am available for skype/IRC games. EST, non-Tuesday or Saturday evenings best

Leraika fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 19, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sorry about how late this is. Tell me if I need to fix anything! PbP preferred, irc is possibly doable, depending on time.

CiDeNy “Cidney” de Marsi Crema Yuebin, the Engineer

(Theme: Fly Me to the Moon)

Quote: “I’m four centuries old; nothing should be surprising me anymore. And yet, here we are. Ugh.”

Backstory:

Proclamation from the Mayoral Office of Crema, #17 posted:

Be it known that for damages against the holdings of the city-state of Crema, the personage known as Cidney de Marsi is hereby declared persona non grata in all holdings owned by citizens or companies of Crema. His offenses include:
--Destruction of 0.5 acre of flowers planted by the Rt. Hon. Mayor of Crema by an unknown weapon
--Insulting the Rt. Hon. Mayor of Crema by declaring his art collection to be forgeries
--Insulting the Rt. Hon. Mayor of Crema by calling his bloodline “full of b*****ds”
--Insulting the Rt. Hon. Mayor of Crema by referring to his manor, built in the style of the precursors, as “tawdry” and “a poor imitation”...

It goes on like that for a while. All that bluster over someone who knows a bit of history. I’d say the Mayor of Crema is a scared old man, but...well.

The Lunarian civilization has been keeping an eye on Rhizin for quite a while now, you know. You’ve come a very long way in only a few short millennia. Faster than the Elders were expecting. They’re actually kind of scared.

They’re so scared, in fact, that they think one of their own has been playing divine, “granting” technologies as they please and pretending to be a god. Most of us were skeptical of it--what would we do with a bunch of people calling us god?--but what the Elders say goes. I’m one of those they sent in manned probes, to scrutinize you even more closely for the past...hmm, you started using magicite in earnest then, and now is...call it a hundred and fifty years ago?

(You say I look like a twenty year old? Heh, it’s not like it’s that special on the moon. Naturally long life and a lot of time spent in suspension on the probe. Even a Lunarian can’t stay awake all the time.)

I didn’t see much of lunar tech on the surface. I did see a lot of...petty cruelties. Your lesser halves. Your baser natures. I’ve seen you strip your planet bare for a magic rock, and then go at each other’s throats for the dregs. I’ve seen people appeal to gods most merciful and fair for their aid in annihilating people born on the other side of an arbitrary line. And I’ve seen…

...well, no. I didn’t see that. I felt that. That was the day...the day I fell from orbit. You didn’t think something like what happened to Theobrom only worked in two spatial dimensions, did you?

We’ve all seen what you’ve done. And my brothers are much less...calm about you. Even before your magicite wars, one or two said they wanted to visit the wrath of the Lunarians on this planet, for crimes perceived and imagined. And…

...well, I mentioned before that I was skeptical that any Lunarian would want to interfere with you so intimately. After Theobrom, though, I have to wonder...I wish I didn’t have to wonder, but I’m not so pompous as to imagine that your feelings can’t be seen in us.

I need to see this synthecite. Only then can I judge.

Possible Goals:
Short 1: Secure some stabilized synthecite
Short 2: Determine extent of Lunarian influence in the last war and the Theobrom catastrophe
Short 3: Find something that pleasantly surprises him
Long: Bring people from Rhizin to the Moon and back

quote:

Mechanics:
Class: Engineer
(HP Bonus 16, MP Bonus 0, ACC bonus 1, AVD bonus 4, Skill Points 26)

Statlines:
PWR: 3
RES: 5
DEX: 8
MND: 9

Destiny: 1
Force: (3+5)/4=2
Finesse: (9+8)/4=4

HP: (16+5)*1 = 21
MP: 0
AVD: 4+(8/2) = 6
ACC: 1 + 1 = 2

Abilities
Innate: Invent
Libra
Pandora’s Box

Skills
Awareness 3
Inquiry 5
Language 2
Lore (History) 3
Scavenge 3
Systems 5
Synthesis (Tinkering) 5

Equipment
Lunar light survival cestus (Sword swinging is hard on the moon. Tier 1 Brawl DEX) = 150 GP
Lunar survival laser rifle (No powder needed! Tier 1 Ranged DEX) = 150 GP
Thin Stardust Robe (Rated for vacuum, not blades! Tier 1 Medium armor ARM 4 M.ARM 4) = 100 GP
Potion x 5 (Tier 1 consumable, 100 GP)

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 19, 2015

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Decided to go with Pandora's Box after all, huh? Light save us all.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
It's like a Jack in the box. But with chaos and panic rather than a clown... Then again for some people they're the same thing.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

:siren: The recruit is closing in 20 Hours if you have a character you're sitting on now is the time to throw them up, or do any last minute touch-ups on your app! :siren:

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

:siren: HEY! :siren:

If any of you don't mind playing over Skype or IRC, please note that in your app along with your preference or general schedule/time zone. This will not affect the PbP game, and if you are just here for PbP that is totally fine.

EDIT: I should mention that this would not be in a shared universe. That would be awful.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the universe can be shared in the ff7 & ff10 sense

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So does this mean we should hold off on planning the seven tie-in sequels?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Defiance Industries posted:

So does this mean we should hold off on planning the seven tie-in sequels?

Maybe. Possibly make it six tie-in sequels if they're going to be doing an IRC/Skype game... Then again, even more tie-ins! There shall be no end to the sequels!

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

:siren: :siren: 12 HOURS REMAIN :siren: :siren:

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Recruit is closed, I'll post picks in a bit!

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

There are a lot of apps, and a bunch of good apps. To everyone who didn't get in, your apps were still cool, I just had comparatively few slots. To those that did get in, talk amongst yourselves and work out any dynamics or sheet/background changes you want before the game actually begins. Also post impressions. I like impressions.

Special Note: For the Play-by-Post game, we'll be working out everyone's final aspirations before the game goes live. Talk things over in IRC or in the thread with me and the others, and come up with a good list of three short term goals, and one long term goal.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Congratulations on getting in guys. Have fun!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill hunt my brother by myself and eat cactaur by myself and i won't invite any of you :(

(Have fun, guys!)

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Congrats folks! Have fun!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Theodora: What kinda princess doesn't have a fortune?! Geez! And here I was hoping she could sponsor my airship. I should probably stay on her good side just in case.
Chogan: Say, a ninja is kinda like a thief, right? You think you could teach me a few of your ninja getaway tricks? C'mon!
Bulleta: Wow, sweet ride! You think you could, uh, be my getaway driver? I'll split the profits 90/10! ...Okay, 80/20.
Kai: Wow, check out this guy. Shouldn't you be meditating under a waterfall or something? Haha~ I guess he's useful if we need to wrestle a bear or something.
Luma: I'm not bunking next to her, she tosses and turns.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Have fun kids!

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Chogan's Impressions:

Theodora Rocher IX: "A princess? Man, I really hope my family didn't kill any of her family. That might make things awkward."
Aldi "Cid the Pickpocket" Cidein: "As sneaky as I am, probably more. Reminds me of a few of my cousins, but nicer."
Bulletta Cassul: "I hitched a ride in her car for like a week before she noticed. Didn't have a problem with it when I offered to split gas with her, though. Generally rad lady."
Kai Danlei: "He has some really great fighting techniques. I hope I have half his energy when I get to his age."
Luma Cremia: "When she told my fortune, she said I'd be eaten by a fish, which - long story - actually happened. So I pay attention when she says stuff."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Moh's Impressions

Suriti: Moogles and Viera are both close to nature, and we do not share the opinion many do about Moogles being nothing more than cute and non-threatening mail carriers.. This talk of a Good King is rather baffling, however. But if Suriti believes it, I cannot pretend to know better.

Lancer: His being nothing but a suit of armor is a bit off putting, but I respect his focus. He could stand to lighten up. The world is a beautiful place in spite of the troubles.

Rune: It is unfortunate what happened to her comrades. I'd be heartbroken if something happened to my sisters of the order. I have her back, whatever happens.

Berry: Charming, and he knows all sorts of interesting stories. I think he needs someone more composed to reign him in on occasion, though.

Cid: What a strange person. We Viera are aloof by nature but this Cid seems as if he's from another world entirely. I wonder what he's thinking behind those eyes?

Goals:

1) Meet an Esper
Viera have many tales of the great summoned beasts of yore. They call them Espers, and Moh would like the chance to meet one in person.
2) Defeat a mighty magitek weapon
Technology has its uses, but Moh worries people place too much faith in machines over their own strength. She would like to prove the will of an individual can overcome even the mightiest weapon.
3) Uncover the truth behind Theobrom
So many tales these days of the fall of Theobrom. What really happened, and can she aid her allies in finding the answers they seek?
4) Become a worthy successor to her order
As a mere novitiate, Moh has much left to learn. She is determined to return to her family a fine monk of the Order.

Note: Altered Moh's stats a bit. Swapped out Destructive Strike for Passive Fist, and Language 1 for Stealth 3

Shardix fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 21, 2015

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Lancer's impressions:

Suriti: There's something undeniably charming about this creature and its quest. Moogles...something stirs as I think of them. A long, distant memory. More like a feeling than a memory. A little girl, with a plush doll. Comfort. Warmth. Peace. Maybe my daughter? My sister? It feels good to remember the past. My past. Perhaps, by journeying with this creature, I can learn more about its people, and myself as well. I can't quite take it seriously, but I hope that it will pull its weight. More than that, I hope it will bring me laughs, happiness. This world needs more of both, me especially.

Rune: I had often wondered about what exactly lied in store within The Mist. One of the more dangerous areas in the now near-inhospitable ruins of Theobrom, especially because of its pervasive ability to inspire fear in the people I'd like to help. Seeing someone alive, clearly touched by its influence...staggering, frankly. I could sympathize a great deal with Rune's plight. The last survivor of a group once well-known for its bravery, valor. The Silver Ravens' members were once their own mercenary company, assets to Theobrom, and the Royal Guard, myself included, heard much of their abilities. I hope that by trekking though these Mists alongside her, I can try to figure out what makes her tick. She seems guarded, withdrawn. Not really surprising, given her circumstances. Hopefully, she'll still be an asset to the group.

Berry: The word I think of with this young man is ambivalence. On one hand, his knowledge of seemingly everything, including the magcitie that now keeps me alive, seems to be endless, in its breadth and depth. However, he gives me a bad feeling. Sort of like a con-man, the old street vendors that used to peddle off fake Elixirs to unfortunate passer-bys. I'm pretty sure he's not out to steal our money, but everything he says has that kind of honey coating that sets off alarm bells for me. I question his experiences, as well as his motives. But I can't deny that his knowledge and skills will prove invaluable. Hmm...quite the mystery, this one.

Moh: I can definitely sympathize with a life of strict order, discipline. Not so much in the 'swear unto thine bible and pray nightly, verily' kind, but the kind that demands you to be aware, ready at all times for the dangers that lurk outside of your own life. In this way, a monastery of monks and the Royal Guard really aren't that different. What worries me about this young Viera is her wide-eyed curiosity about the world. Clearly not a child, but with certain other members of this group, I have my doubts about...certain things. I can't say I'll be the best guardian, protector, but my knowledge of Theobrom, and the world in general, should be enough to keep her out of too much danger. Unless, of course, she seeks out that trouble herself. Then, someone's going to have to jump in front of her. If anyone can do it, I can.

Cidney: In a world filled with impossibilities, somehow it's people living on the moon that is still able to shock me. A whole world, a whole civilization that was watching our every move? Disturbing. Their overall goal seem unclear as of this moment, but I need to be careful around this...being. I can't call him a young man, or an old man, for his form seems timeless, his experiences so far beyond my own that I shouldn't try to compare. What I do know for sure is this: his intentions are academic, but I'm going to watch him carefully. He's...an alien. Like the kind they used to make films about. The kind that shouldn't exist. Now, I'm going to journey with one? This world, a world I thought filled with explainable, rational impossibilities, may indeed never cease to amaze me...

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Bulletta's thoughts.

Theodora: I get the feeling this girl's just like me: tons of responsibility hiding under the surface. I don't know her story, but it's probably a lot like mine, except that look in her eyes tells her she hasn't given up on it. Unlike me...Whelp, just depressed myself. Moving on.
Aldi: That satisfied smile on her face. She totally thinks she's found her mark with me. Sadly for her, I got nothin' to steal, unless she wants the clothes off my back. Or stolen goods people're actively hunting for. Still, seems harmless enough. I'll try to humor her.
Chogan: 'm pretty sure if I hadn't hit that patch of mud I'd never have noticed him. A stowaway and, from what little he's told me, a runaway traveling together? Sounds like something a drunk minstrel would tell a story about. But whatever, if he's willing to foot my fuel costs, he's cool in my book.
Kai: For just one moment I saw a huge pile of hair as I blasted through the woods. For just one moment, the Kjata stopped in its tracks...But then it kept going. Strangely enough, he seemed to enjoy that. Maybe he's one of those weirdos who get off on challenge. If he comes with us, he's either sitting on the roof or in the back row. I refuse to have them next to me.
Luma: Me and this girl have a deal going on. I ferry her around to various locations to play her concerts, she gives me a small cut and bounces song ideas off me, we both chill out and have a good time together. She's got no strings attached, doesn't ask too many questions and just wants to have a nice, safe life. I've all but cut my ties, don't make a nuisance of myself and just want to take it easy. We're pretty much a perfect match for one another.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

L4NC3R - Woah, that guy has a lot of armor, like dang, I bet I would look really neat in that much armor! But I mean I guess I wouldn't be able to fly, sooooo I guess I shouldn't wear armor like that, still, though! He looks pretty cool, I bet he paid a lot for it! Wait, what do you mean there's no one inside the armor? Wait, they're what and did what and ohh nooooo.

I mean uhm, I guess they're like, fighting monsters! But oh noooo! That seems like, really really bad I'm just going to stay way over here and uhm!!! I mean!!! I-I'm not scared!! I-I just hope he keeps pointing that lance away from me, Kupo!

Really!!

Rune - Oh nooo, she's the one who faced the Darkness' strongest place and lived! Oh no no no! That's like, totally totally terrible aaah, why am I traveling with these scary people? Oh Good King I need your help! I only can hope that she is still on our side, and not just a puppet of the Darkness who is pretending to be a nice person! Oh no no no, that would be terrible, like the most terrible, almost as terrible as like, SUPER terrible things!!!!!!!!! Still I mean she's pretty tough and I mean!! Hopefully she understands how BAD the darkness is, since she's been near it!!!

Cidney - Oh nooo, not another weird one, it's almost like I'm one of only a few normal ones! I like the color of her fur though - wait no, humans call it hair, the color of her hair! It reminds me of my family back home, though I mean I am a super awesome golden color instead, but not everyone can be so lucky as I, to be the rarest of them all! But still it's a really pretty color, and most humans don't have it, so I mean she's got that at least! And she seems really, really smart. So that's a big bonus too! I mean she does kinda dwell on horrible things a lot though, I Think, some people need to just live a little and enjoy life and not always worry! But still she'll probably be super useful in beating the Darkness!!!

Berry - Oh, hey, this one is normal! Well I mean kinda normal for a huuuman at least, but hey, that's good! I mean, she's basically just a silly weird girl with like, I dunno. That thing humans have, you know, where they wanna be together all night a bunch! Just she wants it with everyone, which is a little odd but I mean, hey, maybe it's not actually that odd and is incredibly normal? I never really interacted with humans that much, so maybe it's not that rare!! She knows a lot about a lot of stuff, so that's super neat. I bet he'll be a huge help to find the Good King, kupo! And she also has like, the prettiest fu- hair, so I mean, maybe it's less rare than I thought for humans to have!

Moh - Oh yes yay great! Finally someone I CAN understand! I mean I had a Viera friend before and like, they're all like super great and amazing and awesome, because they like actually understand us, I mean at least a little, though I mean I guess most of us know a little more about magicite technology than they do? We just don't need to use it all the time like humans do. She seems nice, and I mean she's super well trained so I totally think she'll be like, a super huge major help to us when it comes to anything dangerous! AND she can dance, which is great because I mean, it's always nice to dance! I mean I dunno how to dance with her really, since dancing with Moogles is really different... if only she had wings, kupo!

Hopefully I can get her to open up and have more fun though! Monastic life sounds so dreadfully boring and horrible!!!

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 20, 2015

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Green Bean posted:

Kai Danlei: "He has some really great fighting techniques. I hope I have half his energy when I get to his age."

"HEY! I'm only 23!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Kai: Wow, check out this guy. Shouldn't you be meditating under a waterfall or something? Haha~ I guess he's useful if we need to wrestle a bear or something.

"Hahaha! I'll count on you if we need someone to make smart comments and nothing else!"

Unknown Quantity posted:

Kai: For just one moment I saw a huge pile of hair as I blasted through the woods. For just one moment, the Kjata stopped in its tracks...But then it kept going. Strangely enough, he seemed to enjoy that. Maybe he's one of those weirdos who get off on challenge. If he comes with us, he's either sitting on the roof or in the back row. I refuse to have them next to me.

"The bird can take my spot in the front! So Tasty is a good navigator, so just listen for one wark for left, and one kweh for right."

Leraika posted:

Kai - Finances: Minimal. Wits: Average. Chance that he would freaking obliterate me if I messed with him: Average to High. Still worth it?: Maybe???? Also his chocobo is really cute. I named it Kiala, because So Tasty is a dumb name.

"I make money just fine, thank you, I just do not have need for it most of the time. I cook for myself, sleep in a tent in the woods, and bathe for free wherever there's clean water! Also, So tells me that Kiala is a fine name, but So Tasty is a better one. He's had it for years! Also, if you want to spar, we can do so any time! Hahaha!"

FewtureMD posted:

Kai: He seems uh...really tough! I'm glad I'm not on his bad side :s

"No need to be shy, I will not be mad if you call me names! Hahaha! I bet I've already been called worse by the thief girl with the good abs!"

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 20, 2015

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

aldantefax posted:

"HEY! I'm only 23!"

"Yep, a lot of people discount Kai's wisdom because of his age, but I think he's got a lot to teach. Sure, he's getting on in his years, but he has something you can't get any other way: experience."

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Green Bean posted:

"Yep, a lot of people discount Kai's wisdom because of his age, but I think he's got a lot to teach. Sure, he's getting on in his years, but he has something you can't get any other way: experience."

"You should learn a thing or two from Master. If I have a lot of 'experience', he has easily twice or three times as much!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

aldantefax posted:

"Hahaha! I'll count on you if we need someone to make smart comments and nothing else!"

Somebody's gotta be smart around here. :rolleyes:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Journal Entry: All Those Other People

Theodora Rocher - Someone that young really shouldn't be traveling around like this - or so I'd say, but I was about her age when I got my start, right? Still, I'd better keep an eye on her, 'cause I don't think many other people are.
    Cid or Aldi or whatever - If that girl so much as looks at my stuff, I'm gonna slap her. Other than that, though, she's pretty smart and has good stories. But I'm still gonna slap her if she tries to steal my stuff.
    Chogan - Thinks he's cooler than he really is. Kinda gullible, too; I told him he was gonna be eaten by a fish for shits and giggles once when he asked me to tell his fortune. ... and it happened. Kinda. That's not my fault, though.
    Bullet Casual Bulleta Cassul - Sweet ride, cool person. I guess if she wants to ferry around all these other people too, that's cool; either way I can't really complain about it. I really need to stop accidentally calling her 'Casual', though.
    Kai - Finances: Minimal. Wits: Average. Chance that he would freaking obliterate me if I messed with him: Average to High. Still worth it?: Maybe???? Also his chocobo is really cute. I named it Kiala, because So Tasty is a dumb name.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Theodora's Impressions

Aldi: SHe tried to pickpocket me when we first met, but the joke's on her, since I keep all my stuff out of anyone else's reach ;3
Bulletta: Why does she drop to the ground everytime I call out 'Shotgun!'?
Chogan: OMG. Ninjas are real! Maybe we can teach each other some stealthy tricks!
Kai: He seems uh...really tough! I'm glad I'm not on his bad side :s
Luma: She seems really nice! ...If a bit headstrong...at least Carbuncle really likes her, so she can't be a bad person, right?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Tell me if any of these impressions sound too...condescending. I wanted to keep a sort of slightly detached tone for the slightly detached Lunarian (except for one person in particular), but I might have overdone it.

Suriti Skiti: How amusing! We had assumed that other peoples and cultures would attempt to shuffle into the power vacuum created by the Theobrom disaster. Admittedly, the idea of a moogle culture attempting that thing was a bit of an outsider choice, but this development is still within expected tolerances. Even if Suriti is particularly...excitable, even for a moogle. If all moogles are like them, in another century we may well have to brush up on translating the many inflections of "Kupo!". I don't recall ever seeing anything like this God-King of Moogles a century ago, though. Perhaps they are just deluded on that.

L4NC3R: Just one of a hundred thousand unfortunate scars of the war. Though I suppose we should be grateful that Theobrom or any other state did not attempt to impress people into such a form. The coat of arms on his back belongs to Theobrom, and it is still in remarkably clean state. What a strange thing, to carry the sigil of the nation that inflicted such wounds on a man, and to do so so proudly. Is it out of stubborn loyalty to a dead empire, or a lack of anything else to fill the void discarding it would create? Either way, very interesting...I shall have to talk more to them about their history.

Rune of the Mist: Another walking wounded, another casualty of Theobrom's greed. Had I any information about the Mist that took the lives of her comrades and the sense of peace in her head, I would share it with her immediately, but, alas. This driven desire to pursue the force that took her friends...hmph. Would that the people who call her a creature of the Mist could see that desire, they would hang their heads in shame until the end of time. But she needn't worry about that now. Those of us who are not too...excitable to be slowed by such rumors are too reserved to take any stock in them.

Berry: Why do I get the strange feeling that he and Suriti would make remarkable friends? And why do I feel like he slept through everything related to the history of this planet he has ever heard? Was he dropped on his head as a child? How can he be smiling when he relates his stories? Does he truly know nothing about the state of Rhizin?! And he has the unbridled temerity, the absolute gall, to refer to himself as a student of the world?! This man knows nothing about the world! He knows nothing of suffering of...of sacrifice, of callousness; he is simply a spoiled, ignorant...clown! And we can only hope that this journey will become a teachable moment for him and his simpering foppish...smirk!

Novitiate Moh: When the world is mad we seek our answers in places not of the world. So it has been since time immemorial. I can only imagine what her ears have heard on her travels, how someone righteously devoted to justice would react to how things stand on Rhizin. Her just and righteous fury might well touch off another spark; the world may spasm again as it follows her burning heart. And yet...as I think on this more I find our situations strangely alike. Families extant but far away, well aware of the cruelties we have to face to find the truth of Theobrom...what a strange coincidence.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FewtureMD posted:

Aldi: SHe tried to pickpocket me when we first met, but the joke's on her, since I keep all my stuff out of anyone else's reach ;3

Well, excuuuuuuse me, princess.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

FewtureMD posted:

Bulletta: Why does she drop to the ground everytime I call out 'Shotgun!'?
"Just...a reflex from training exercises. People trained under...a certain someone, have interesting ideas of what counts as good training methods."

Waffleman_ posted:

Bulleta: Wow, sweet ride! You think you could, uh, be my getaway driver? I'll split the profits 90/10! ...Okay, 80/20.
"Sounds too good to be true. Let me guess: 20% of 0 is still 0?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Unknown Quantity posted:

"Sounds too good to be true. Let me guess: 20% of 0 is still 0?"

HEY! It's notalwayszero...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Rune's Impressions

Suriti Skiti: "There was a moogle merchant who used to visit every few moons when I was a child. Whenever he finished selling his wares, he would tell stories to us children. I have heard of this "Good King" before, but to me it has always just been a childhood tale. Whether Suriti is deluded or not, they are dedicated to their beliefs. That kind of dedication, as well as their upbeat and lively attitude, are great assets to a Magpie company."

Lancer: "Lancer has many indispensable traits that would make him a wonderful addition to the Silver Ravens. He is wise, experienced, disciplined. His knowledge of Theobrom could be an immeasurable boon in traversing the ruins. However, while I admittedly feel a certain connection by our shared experiences of loss, I must remain wary. While Lancer's mind and soul are human, his body is tech. Old World tech. And if there's anything I've learned as a Magpie, it's that Old World tech must not be treated lightly. I will not persecute him for his unusual existence, but I will always be ready to do what must be done to protect my crew. I will not lose anyone to Theobrom's hubris again."

Berry: "Negatives: Arrogant, self-centered, worryingly obsessed with magicite (an obsession that never has positive results for those who have it).

Positives: Knowledgeable, skilled in the use of magic, and most importantly: Charming. The Ravens must not instill fear in the people they are sworn to aid. For that purpose, they must have a "Face", a role which I cannot fulfill with my very existence being a source of fear. Berry is the best pick for this role should he accept my offer to join, being the most skilled in this regard of all the candidates. I just have to watch him such that he does not cause trouble trying to mess with a force he doesn't fully understand."

Moh: "I visited the Burning Wall on my travels in my days before I was a Raven. It was the closest I felt to being home since I left. The lives of the Wall's monks are not dissimilar to those we Samurai lead back home. I was able to meet the Abbess and take tea with her, though Moh had already long since left to see the world. She was a remarkable woman, with wisdom and discipline that can only come from years of dedicated work, much like my own master. This history and upbringing alone makes Moh a prime candidate for joining the Ravens. I will admit that my judgment might possibly be colored by a certain kinship I feel with the Viera for our similar upbringings."

Cidney: "I have learned many times over that there is always more to this world than we believe at any given time. We must always be prepared to encounter something we do not expect. Even so, I was thrown off when I was suddenly introduced to the idea of people who originate from the moon. My first instinct is to fear this strange being, but I must remember that I too am feared for my very existence. However, my lack of knowledge on their people is troublesome. I do not know anything of their society, their culture, or their morals, and as such I do not know how Cidney fits in or conflicts with those views. I must be ever watchful that these unknown quantities do not cause friction or conflict between the Lunarian and the others."

• Locked thread