Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.

Prelude

Gen. Cassul posted:

I was still a young man when the war ended. We were so close to it in Quorat that whole towns shook free from the mountain. We watched the night sky burn with white fire, and listened to the howls of half-formed Eidolens until daybreak. We had thought that this was their last weapon. That Theobrom had finally found a way to crush the resistance.

We were wrong, but that night still taught us a lesson that many are quick to forget. These crystals are dangerous. The Magpies are no perfect system, but they are better than suicide. The world cannot afford another war. But it will not survive another Theobrom.

--Gen. Cassul's Address to Quorat, 54 AT

This is a recruit for a Final Fantasy d6 play by post game. Experience with the system isn't necessary, but experience with the Final Fantasy series is a strong plus. Instead of using a setting from one of the games, we'll be using an original one while trying to capture all the reoccurring themes and elements that we like.

Our focus will be on big important quests, exploring, and some fights. There'll be a good mix of magical stuff and technology, various ruins, and lots of potential conflict in the world to find. Things won't be too dark, and the intrigue and drama are going to be pretty melodramatic.

Ideally, I'd like everyone to take a look at what I've already got, and find interesting ways to change or add to it. I'm all about communal setting creation, so getting creative with things is great. Feel free to make wild assumptions or assertions about this setting. That is explicitly allowed, but I might want to talk some stuff over.

Rhizin is a world struggling to recover. Magicite, a crystalline mass of magical energy, is used in nearly all technology on Rhizin. It is also in short supply. Mere decades ago, shortages of the crystal caused open warfare between nations, a conflict that grew large enough to embroil the world.

Theobrom, a small nation, was the first to crack the code. Synthesized Magicite. They powered everything with it. Trains, Cities, and gigantic Weapons like none the world had seen. Almost overnight they dominated the war. The crystals were powerful, but they were also unstable. Their methods were unsafe and untested, born out of desperation in the war. Each new crystal pushed them closer to meltdown.

One night, on the eve of their victory, they pushed their machines too far. The ensuing disaster nearly left Rhizin a barren rock. The entire nation of Theobrom, and their many captured cities, outposts, and fortifications became dangerous no-man's lands. In the wake of the disaster, an unsteady peace was found.

Now, tensions run high once more. Reconstruction has left many angry and bitter, and Magicite is still spread thin. Magpies, scavangers and mercenaries, are often called to enter the blasted ruins of Theobrom and their territories to find more crystals. The peace holds, for now. Most don't think it'll last long.

There are rumors, if you listen. Nations desperate enough for Magicite to study Theobrom's forgotten foundries. Reports from Magpies that there are people deep in the deadly mists of Theobrom's capital. Claims from scholars that the same corruption that destroyed Theobrom is spreading to natural Magicite. That war is coming, faster than anyone realizes.

There are a bunch of attempts to recreate Final Fantasy in tabletop, and for my money Final Fantasy D6 is probably the most fun. It's fan-made, so it isn't the prettiest system, but it's got some cool stuff going for it.

We won't be playing it entirely as presented. For one, I plan to skip XP entirely and just have the characters level up at story appropriate junctures. For two, we'll be using a heavily modified version of the Materia system in the book instead of standard magic. That means that everyone will end up with some magic.

Characters are starting at level one, with character creation as presented. The two biggest exceptions are that we are focusing on a heavily modified version of the Materia system presented in the book for magic, and that a few jobs are going to be changed because of that.

As a spellcasting class, you'll still start with magic, but will not learn it on level up. Instead you'll simply get more bang for your buck out of the Magicite items everyone uses to cast spells. Same goes for Paladins and Dark Knights.

If you want to start play with the Grand Summoner shared ability, make sure to make it matter. I want some cool flavor for any summons you pick up. Though the setting is focused on humans without much focus on other races, the Unusual Species shared ability is very welcome.

What I'm looking for in characters are strong, interesting backgrounds and aspirations. This is where the setting being a bit vague comes in. Make any assumptions or setting details you need for your character, and make sure they have an interesting hook! I will work with you where we need to make things come together in the end.

As for what kind of characters are in the party, I'm leaving that up to the apps I get. One of the most important parts of this set dressing are party members from wildly different backgrounds converging together to reach a common goal. To that end, I don't have a starting point for this game set in stone, though I have a few good ideas. We can work out how things begin once we have a full party.

Keep in mind common elements in Final Fantasy as well. You could do way worse than drawing heavily on those for this game. For instance, this game's Cid doesn't exist yet.

Grab Final Fantasy D6! That is what we are using, so it's pretty important.

I can be found on IRC in #famtasy on synirc.net. Being able to communicate quickly and easily with a potential player is a definite plus, so pop in with questions when you have them. Or just in general, you do you.

Edit:
I added an in-depth explanation of the Magicite system we are using, which you can find by following the link!

Radioactive Bears posted:

:siren: YOU DON'T NEED CONCRETE GOALS YET :siren:

Those will be necessary later on down the line, but that's the kind of thing we can work out once we have final picks. I still like to see some ideas, but you don't need to stress about them.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Theodora Rocher IX, Last Princess of the Nation of Ferrero.

The last thing I remember from my old life is my mother telling me to stay safe and hidden, as the THeobromian soldiers tried to break through the castle gates. "I was going to do this on your birthday, but you need this now." SHe closed her eyes and concentrated, and the mark on her hand started glowing brighter and brighter, until in a flash of light, it disappeared from her hand and appeared on mine. "Dear Theodora, you have been gifted with the powers and magic of the Rocher bloodline, and you are now protected by our kingdom's most beloved Eidolon, Carbuncle. I will always love you...now go!" ANn with that she shoved me into a secret passageway that lead to the town nearby the castle. I hurried down the passageway clutching the doll my father had given me as a Winter Solstice gift, trying not to cry and failing miserably. I was 6 years old.

'WHat do I do to survive?' Well, I do odd jobs to earn some gil, and I have some...unique skills for when the money just isn't flowing in. I always wanted to be a Magpie though, since they have access to forbidden ruins and libraries that any scholar would be drooling over. I haven't told anyone this, but I went back to the ruins of Ferrero a year ago. I found my parents in the grand hall of the castle, crystallized. I want to find a way to cure them, and the knowledge has got to be somewhere in the wastelands of Theobrom...

Race:Hume
Job:Time Mage

pre:
Attributes
Power: 7
Resolve: 5
Dexterity: 5
Mind: 8

Force: 3
Finesse: 3

HP: 21
MP: 12

AVD: 5
ACC: 1

Skills
Athletics: 2
Acting:2
Awareness:3
Inquiry:2
Negotiation:4
Lore(General):4
Lore(Magic):1
Thieving: 2
Escape:1
Perform:1

Abilities
Chrono Pocket (Innate)
Grand Summoner: Carbuncle
Telekinesis

Spells
Burn Ray

Equipment
Stuffed Moogle Doll (Arcane Weapon, tier 1, Quick Cast, very cuddly and fuzzy)
Corset Dress (Light Armor, tier 1, has pretty ribbons )
2 Potions (HP Restore, tier 1)
3 Ethers (MP Restore, tier 1)
150 gil 
Carbuncle's Pact Mark (Theodora normally wears a glove to conceal it).

PBP or IRC is fine with me. I'm free nights and evenings, and I'm EST.

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 19, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aldi "Cid the Pickpocket" Cidein
"This? Oh, I had this. No, it's not yours."

Race: Hume
Job: Thief

What's that? I look familiar? ....Wanted poster? Fine, you got me. I'm the one they call "Cid the Pickpocket," but my name's Aldi! Calling me Cid makes me sound like a boy.

I could tell you I'm a poor slum girl who roams the streets taking what she can just to survive. Or I could tell you I'm a criminal mastermind aiming to take down our capitalist system from the bottom up. Maybe it's just that stealing stuff is a fun and lucrative pastime. A little bit of all three, really. What I can tell you is that I just got 100 gil, and not to check your pockets until I'm gone.

Of course, the bad nickname has helped me stay relatively under wraps for now. I do still get caught every once in a while. The last time actually led to my current living quarters! Tried to steal some tools from an old engineer named Kalus. Those things are heavier and noisier than you'd think. Instead of turning me in, he asked me what I was doing with my life. And honestly, I wasn't doing much. So he offered me a place to stay and an education in engineering, to "make something of myself." I figure I could use a good homebase, and a respectable job would make a good cover, so I accept.

I didn't count on me actually becoming interested in the drat stuff, though. So yes, I still steal, but not as much. It's more of a hobby now. But really, I'm more excited about this new project I'm researching. I'm gonna make my own airship! The ultimate getawat vehicle!

Goals:
1. Develop an airship
2. Cash money gil y'all.

quote:

PWR: 5
RES: 7
DEX: 9
MND: 4

MP: 4

Arm: 2
M.Arm: 6

AVD: 8
ACC: 2

Skills:
Acting-1
Athletics-4
Awareness-2
Escape-3
Mercantile-2
Scavenge-1
Stealth-4
Thievery-5

Abilities:
Steal
Mug
Sleight of Hand

Equipment:
Simple Dagger (Tier 1 Concealed Weapon)
Thieves' Clothes (Tier 1 Light Armor)
256g (Money money)
Chamomile Tea (MND+2)
Metal Plate

Fine for IRC, best time is Friday afternoons and weekends

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 3, 2016

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I've never heard of this system but I love final fantasy so I'm gonna check this out

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Chogan the Traitor

"'sup."

Chogan was once a member of the Sukesada clan, an elite family of ninjas with no nation, loyal only to gil and one another. Chogan was the son of their chieftan, a talented trainee ninja who was expected to one day rise to a leadership position. While Chogan was not far enough along in his training to participate, the Sukesada clan was very active on all sides of the war, greatly enriching their fortunes. While they lost a few members to Theobrom's self-destruction, on the whole the family was well-positioned for a highly lucrative age of distrust in the aftermath.

As Chogan progressed in his training, he was given more responsibilities, and with it, access to more of the clan's secrets. While looking up his older brother's war record, he stumbled across the clan's history of the war, and their dark secret. Far from being simple mercenaries, the Sukesada clan had been pursuing their own agenda. While they weren't the cause of the great conflict between nations, they'd deliberately prolonged the war; leaking plans to opposing forces, sabotaging infrastructure, assassinating generals who were being too successful. It seemed to be a concerted effort to force all sides to waste materiel and lives needlessly, making them even more dependent on mercenary clans like the Sukesada.

While certainly Chogan understood the work of a ninja was often bloody and unpleasant, deliberately facilitating mass-scale slaughter was a step too far. He disowned his family and fled to Theobrom, intending to conceal himself among the scavengers and mercenaries plying their trade. Young and ambitious, Chogan has decided that his clan is beyond redemption. He will right their wrongs and found a new clan, one with a stronger sense of justice. Assuming he survives.

quote:

Attributes
Power: 3
Resolve: 6
Dexterity: 10
Mind: 6

Force: 2
Finesse: 4

HP: 20
MP: 0

AVD: 9
ACC: 1

Skills
Athletics: 5
Awareness: 4
Escape: 4
Stealth: 5
Thievery: 4

Abilities
Throw (Innate)
Defy Gravity
Ninjutsu

Equipment
Knockoff Katana (Blade Weapon, tier 1, his old one was much nicer, he swears.)
Concealed Dagger (Concealed Weapon, tier 1, they're so ready for the big sword they don't even notice it in their back)
Dark Ninja Garb (Medium Armor, tier 1, it's funny, you'd think black would be really noticeable during the day, but it totally isn't)
100 gil (cash rules everything around me)

Goals:
1. Make some cash.
2. Shake off my family pursuers.
3. Ease some of the harm my family caused.
4. Found a newer, better ninja clan.

Impressions:

Theodora Rocher IX: "A princess? Man, I really hope my family didn't kill any of her family. That might make things awkward."
Aldi "Cid the Pickpocket" Cidein: "As sneaky as I am, probably more. Reminds me of a few of my cousins, but nicer."
Bulletta Cassul: "I hitched a ride in her car for like a week before she noticed. Didn't have a problem with it when I offered to split gas with her, though. Generally rad lady."
Kai Danlei: "He has some really great fighting techniques. I hope I have half his energy when I get to his age."
Luma Cremia: "When she told my fortune, she said I'd be eaten by a fish, which - long story - actually happened. So I pay attention when she says stuff."

Availability
IRC or PbP, I'm on EST, available most reasonable hours except Friday evenings.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 19, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A long, long time ago, this land was wonderful! A brave king and his people spread over all of the land, and even into places in the water, using great magic and technology, blended together in a manner that seems almost impossible! This was a time before man, it was a golden age, where all feasted upon the greatest of meals, and where the world was truly as great as could ever be asked for. Gleaming towers rose into the clouds, giant airships flew through the wondrous evening stars, and paths into the deep oceans supported ever expanding travelers.

This great Empire was led by a single King, one who lived for many generations, said to be not only a King, but a God, the creator of all of his people, who stood above mortality. He crafted the magicite that his people used to survive, he created the stability to make the ever rising towers. But a great darkness befell this Empire, and the peaceful people of it had no idea how to fight - they had never needed to before, their lands were safe, and their King protected them! But this darkness did not fall back from the Light of the King, and when he went to meet it...

He never returned, kupo!

Suriti Skiti

I bet you never, ever heard that story before, did you? No, we Moogles are simply mail deliverers, we simply live in our quaint forest homes, we have no ambitions, no power, I know what people say about us Moogles - that we are too cute to ever be industrious, to be great! We have no great will to change the world, we simply enjoy ourselves as we are - we never have that spark that the other races do! But we do, we have that spark, we have done more than any other race, but it lays forgotten, lost!

It's because barely anyone remembers these tales! It's said that when the Good King disappeared, the Darkness did with him, but it left the Moogles divided - who would be their king now, who would keep them safe? They did not know how to answer these questions, and as they moved on to try and survive, monsters appeared, no longer held back by the Good King! And in the end, only ruins remained of the great Empire of Mog, ruins and the broken stories, handed down from Moogle to Moogle, for thousands of years. Tales told to children, like those of fairies that never existed - even my own people do not believe in the Good King any longer!

But I know he is real, I have seen him in my dreams! He still lives to this day, in a darkness that encroaches on the world again! I did not believe it at first, but I know it to be true - our world will soon die, for the darkness is returning! The war, the hate, the ever dying land, everything is due to this darkness, that the Good King had been holding back, hand been containing, but it has always still leaked here - the monsters, the violence, the hatred, it is all the darkness, in it's own way!

The Good King chose me, because I believed! My family always told me I was crazy, that believing in the stories was childish, they told me I was crazy when I said I had to leave our home, to go and find a way to stop the Darkness, to find the King, to find out what is happening in the world! But no, I am not crazy, I am Suriti, and I am going to be a hero, I am going to save the whole world, and I'll show everyone what a Moogle can do, when we believe, kupo!

:siren:GOALS:siren:
1: Prove to the world that Moogles are awesome and great!
2: Find definitive proof of the Empire of Mog!
3: Become a hero known across the lands!
Long: Find the Good King of Moogles, and Beat Back The Darkness!

quote:

Name: Suriti Skiti
Job: Entertainer
Race: Moogle

Attributes:
Power - 3
Resolve - 6
Dexterity - 9
Mind - 9

MP: 11

Skills:
Perform - 5
Nature - 4
Lore (Monsters) - 1
Lore (Magic) - 3
Language - 5
Healing - 4
Lore (History) - 3

Abilities:
From The Heart
Center Stage - Perform for Negotiation
Unusual Species - +2 Mind, Arcana Type, Float (Temporarily float over gaps. Can carry up to one passenger!)

Equipment

Ordinary Bow (Tier 1, Ranged, An ordinary wooden bow, the type that used to be used for hunting.)
Overalls (Tier 1, Light Armor, Cute moogle overalls
250 gil

Thank you Shardix!

While I love skype games, I am in the process of moving across the country currently. So PbP only for now

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 27, 2015

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I am thinking about appin' a MONK. His goal in life will be to beat a Behemoth with his bare hands. There has been a legend that his teacher gave him before disappearing forever that there is a secret technique to do this, but it is hidden somewhere in the world, so he's going to find The Behemoth Slaying Manual.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Thinking of a Warrior, or maybe a Red Mage. A traveling musician who is more than he seems. I'll finish an app one of these days.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 13, 2015

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Working on a Ranger who's working for parties interested in preserving the post-magipocalyptic detente and keeping cold wars from going hot.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Love me some final fantasy, but never seen this system before. Any deadline for recruitment? I'll take a look and see what I can come up with!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
This looks like fun, I'll give it a go. For reference, my personal favorite Final Fantasy games are 4-6, I've only recently started playing 7 on Steam, and I haven't played any of the games after 7 at all.

Leonard Fulbright

"Fascinating! Could you possibly let it hit you with that again? I'd like to further study the effects..."

Alongside their ill-fated studies of magicite, Theobrom delved into other, equally dangerous subjects. One such subject was Blue Magic, the art of mimicking the abilities of monsters by making oneself more like them. However, like the rest of Theobrom, their academy for studying Blue Magic was destroyed in the wake of their disastrous experiments. Fortunately for Leonard Fulbright, he was nowhere near Theobrom at the time. He'd been out traversing the furthest wilds of Rhizin, seeking out rare and dangerous creatures to learn from. He'd always had the devil's luck like that. During his training at the academy, he'd emerge from the most hazardous of lessons largely unscathed, and even a close encounter with a Marlboro only left him mildly nauseous. However, this luck has resulted in a rather careless attitude in the young man, and his peers rarely have the same luck. It was for this reason his instructors recommended upon his graduation that he conduct his studies in a distant land. Very distant.

Naturally, there was no way Leonard could fail to notice the world-shaking cataclysm his homeland caused, and news of Theobrom's destruction hit him hard. However, his family had long since disowned him, and he'd always known that he wasn't well-liked at the academy. After the initial shock wore off, Leonard tried to think of what had happened as an opportunity, of sorts. He could start over, begin a new life. With renewed vigor, Leonard set back out, journeying from place to place in search of rare monster abilities, obscure knowledge, and possibly new friends. He'd never had any friends before, and was curious what it was like. If he could, he'd also like to apply his learning towards putting the world back together somewhat. He saw the fear and sadness in the people he met in his travels, and while he didn't personally mind the world's current state, he didn't like the thought of everyone feeling so down all the time.

Despite all this, Leonard still has a bit of trouble understanding such notions as "caution" and "safety". Left to his own devices, he'd happily throw himself in the path of any monster he identified as carrying a Blue Magic spell, and his penchant for experimentation can sometimes backfire on him. Still, his persistent cheer and carefree demeanor can be infectious, making a bad situation seem a little more hopeful.

quote:

Attributes
Power: 5
Resolve: 4
Dexterity: 6
Mind: 10

HP: 18
MP: 14

AVD: 6

Skills
Inquiry: 2
Language: 2
Lore (General): 2
Lore (History): 2
Lore (Monsters): 5
Lore (Magic): 5
Nature: 2

Spells

Novice
Choco Ball

Abilities
Learning
Observe
Defy Death

Equipment
Depleted Magicite Crystal (Arcane weapon, tier 1, the traditional arcane focus for new mages in Theobrom)
Blue Student Outfit (Light Armor, tier 1, the Blue Magic academy's official uniform, warded to defend against magic better than normal clothes)
Oxygen Ball (Accessory, tier 1, a little something Leonard "borrowed" from the academy's archives, to find monsters that live underwater)

Goals
1. Make some friends
2. Study different kinds of magic by learning a spell from each of the other schools, and trying out summoning
3. Undo some of the damage Theobrom caused to the world
4. Master every single Blue Magic spell

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 15, 2015

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Tentative interest post.

Admit it, this is just your Final Fantasy Fanfiction getting workshopped, isn't it? :)

EDIT: Made a duder

Unit L4NC3R, Designation: Lancer

For my choice, some would call me a hero. Others, a monster. Whatever I was before, I'm now a designation. A purpose. A purpose, lost without war.

War always leads to drastic choices.

It's a weighty, heavy thing, war. It presses down on people, makes them wish for something, anything else. For the twelve members of Theobrom's royal guard, it was no exception. They were some of the strongest, most well-trained, disciplined soldiers the nation had seen in its history. But they were not enough to stem the tide of war. Magicite was the answer, as it had come to be known in this world. Battles raged across the country. There was death. Courage. Sacrifice.

The royal guard was asked to make a drastic choice. The war was turning against their motherland. They could fight on, as regular soldiers, leading those who wondered whether these brave twelve men and women were really human at all. Or they could use Magicite, and fledgling research, to become something more. Their souls would be transferred into inhuman bodies, capable only of waging war, of causing the death and destruction that was so widespread.

Eleven refused.

One accepted.

His memories, gone. His body, gone. His life before the process, gone.

What was left was a Magicite-powered suit of armor. Armed with a lance.

He was merely the first. Spurred by his decision, Theobrom had itself a new army born from their old, volunteers like himself.

An army made of automata who did not need to eat. Sleep. Breathe.

All they did was fight. Die. Kill.

Theobrom could not lose the war.

Until they destroyed themselves.

Now, left in the ruins of a once great nation, there stands one being. One former person who, perhaps better than anyone alive, understands this.

War always leads to drastic choices.

quote:

Name: Unit L4NC3R, known as Lancer. His name before the procedure is long lost to the innumerable records of Theobrom destroyed along with the nation.
Age: Unknown. Most likely a middle aged man. Armor does not age.
Race: Construct -- Living Armor
Job: Dragoon

Attributes:
PWR: 10
RES: 8
MND: 5
DEX: 4

Force: 4
Finesse: 2

HP: 24
MP: 5

AVD: 6
ACC: 3
ARM: 6
M.ARM: 2

Abilities:
Jump
Unusual Species -- Construct (+2 PWR)
Impale

Skils:
Athletics: 3
Awareness: 3
Escape: 3
Healing: 3
Inquiry: 3
Negotiation: 3

Equipment:
Royal Guardsman's Lance (Tier 1 Weapon, Reach: One artifact from his past, the weapon he used to defend his country. He could replace it. He chooses not to.)
Magicite Armor (Tier 1 Armor, Heavy: His armor is now his body as well as his protection from harm. What would happen were it to be destroyed...?)
Royal Guardsman's Cloak (Tier 1 Accessory, Fire Resistance: A tattered red cloak. One belonged to each member of Theobrom's royal guard. Its crest is faded, the fabric all but ruined, and still it lives on. Perhaps like the soul of the one who wears it...?)

Appearance: Standing at just over two meters in height, with only cold blackness staring out beneath his helmet, the suit of armor known as Lancer is an intimidating sight. Those who recognize the faded symbol of Theobrom's royal guard on the back of his cloak would know him, but not for the man who once served. Merely as an idea, seeing as how his humanity is now gone. The magicite armor is a symbol in itself; at the height of the war, these automatons raged across battlefields, cutting down any that opposed them with efficacy not known to the world at that time. Most people's reaction to seeing a suit walking around now would be suspicion, if not fear.

Personality: Lancer found no real records of his 'self' that existed before. Therefore, after the procedure, he tried to model himself after his fellow soldiers, Royal Guard or otherwise. Courage. Discipline. Tact. Serious to a fault. It was hard for him to gain acceptance among his peers, as they rejected him for becoming something so different from themselves. He threw himself into his work, his missions. Focused and sharp, like the point of his lance. Without war to guide his every move and task, he feels lost and alone. He wants to help the people left of Theobrom, but they refuse him. He wants to try to rebuild his nation, but his knowledge begins and ends with combat, warfare, death. What was he to do? What could he do? What had he truly given up with his decision...?

Goals:
1. Who was I, before I became this?
2. Can I save Theobrom, help restore it?
3. What can I do to help the people living in and around Theobrom now?
4. Magicite is not a force for good or evil, simply a thing to be used. I know that better than most. Will I be able to teach others this valuable lesson?

I've played a poo poo ton of Final Fantasy, so no worries about that. I'm a bit of an old school purist, so I would say 4, 6, and 9 are the "best," but they're all good, arguably.

As for PbP/other formats, I'd be down for either. Chillin' on EST, should basically be able to make anything work, schedule wise.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 18, 2015

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

It's Final Fantasy fan fiction that we're all creating together. You are all accomplices in this heinous crime.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

We won't be playing it entirely as presented. For one, I plan to skip XP entirely and just have the characters level up at story appropriate junctures. For two, we'll be using a heavily modified version of the Materia system in the book instead of standard magic. That means that everyone will end up with some magic.

As a spellcasting class, you'll still start with magic, but will not learn it on level up. Instead you'll simply get more bang for your buck out of the Magicite items everyone uses to cast spells. Same goes for Paladins and Dark Knights.

What does this mean for Blue Magic? Will it be possible for a non-blue mage character to learn a blue magic spell through Materia?

Edit: Let me clarify - The book says that a materia orb gives you a single spell or effect per level. The blue magic materia says "Obtain novice blue magic with 'Learning' ability." So does that mean a blue magic materia teaches you the learning ability when it levels up, which you keep forever? Or do you just get to pick one blue magic spell every time the materia levels up that you gain permanently? Can we start off with a piece of materia?

I ask because I have an idea for a non-humanoid character, but I'd like them to know one particular novice-level blue magic spell.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 13, 2015

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Blue mages work pretty much as is but without their spells on level up, as they can use magicite like anybody else. I'm diversifying the list in the materia section, but a general Enemy Skill materia is a no go. Instead you might want to work something out with me directly, or tell me what spell so I can put a piece of magicite in some loot with that spell.

Edit: And no, nobody's starting with any materia/magicite. Also the materia is called magicite. I probably should have established that earlier.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I guess Beamos, the dark knight statue with LASER EYES was not the best idea anyway, oh well!

Instead, meet Gigantos (pronounced "hee-GAHN-tohs") the Masked Golem Guardian of Altep

Working on stats now, I'll have them up in a moment. Radioactive Bears, can I get +2 RES, Huge, and no need to eat and drink from taking Unusual Species - Construct?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Looks interesting! I can't guarentee I'll make something, but if I do it'll be a white mage, probably.

GOT WHITE MAGES ON THE BRAIN

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Bulletta Cassul

"All I want is a fun, easy life. Nothin' more, nothin' less."

Race: Human
Job: Soldier
Backstory: Bulletta has never been one for hard work. Although she probably could have passed through the education system with flying colors, she instead chose to do the bare minimum and spend as much time slacking off as possible. Why? Because being a hero or a genius or any of that stuff attracts attention. People will start expecting great things of you and sooner or later you won't be able to deliver. Or they'll come out of the woodwork trying to kill you as their rival. And so she chose the most generic choice of career: she chose to be a soldier. A mostly faceless mook. Plus she could learn to wield the most low-effort of all weapons besides magic: the firearm. Of course, when it turned out training was a lot of hard work and vigorous exams that would figure out if she was intentionally holding back, she decided to opt out. A few forged documents and a wink later, she gained "permission" to take a car out for a test run. She failed to return it that evening. Or even that week. Now AWOL and with a piece of expensive equipment, there are posters scattered here and there of the missing trooper. Meanwhile, Bulletta was busy taking the path of least resistance, accepting job requests in towns that hadn't heard the news. Jobs that she could, in one way or another, trivialize. Still, sooner or later, her luck is going to run out, and she will have to do things the hard way, who knows what's going to happen? Will she finally apply herself, or somehow find a way to sidestep fate? And a few dozen soldiers? And did we forget to mention her older brother Colt?
Goals: 1) To never achieve fame she can't live up to. 2) To throw the kind of party that only a master fun-haver can create. 3) Even a lazy girl can hope to get lucky in the ways of love, can't she? 4) To find a nice, private, permanent home to relax at.
Attributes: PWR 4, RES 5, DEX 10, MND 6
HP: 24
AVD: 7
ACC: 4
ARM: 4
M.ARM: 4
Abilities: Victory Pose (Warrior), Paradigm Shift: Commando/Synergist/Medic (Warrior), Special Vehicle (Improved Handling, Throttle)
Skills: Negotiation 3, Vehicles 3, Systems 3, Athletics 3, Escape 3, Acting 3
Equipment: Ultra-Light Machine Gun (Tier 1, Ranged), Battle Dress Uniform (Tier 1, Medium Armor), Cheap Sunglasses (Tier 1, Blind-Proof, Limited)

Special Vehicle: The Kjata

I'm available any day except Monday or Thursday at almost any time. My time zone is Central.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 23, 2015

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Working on stats now, I'll have them up in a moment. Radioactive Bears, can I get +2 RES, Huge, and no need to eat and drink from taking Unusual Species - Construct?

You can get the Res and the no need to eat or drink, or just be a huge guy. Not both. Nothing stopping you from flavoring a golem as big and just taking the RES bonus though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nvm, got a new idea

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 14, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You can get the Res and the no need to eat or drink, or just be a huge guy. Not both.

I just noticed the last line in the ability says it can be taken more than once, can I use two of my starting abilities to get all that?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
This is a place where a Samurai will soon be

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Noting interest, will have a character in once I'm able. Is there anywhere I can see the rules modifications you plan to use for the materia system?

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

I just noticed the last line in the ability says it can be taken more than once, can I use two of my starting abilities to get all that?

Certainly, if that's what you want. Be the huge weird guy of yo dreams.

Androc posted:

Noting interest, will have a character in once I'm able. Is there anywhere I can see the rules modifications you plan to use for the materia system?

I am cleaning it up a bit, but assume it works pretty much like the Materia rules in the book does, with a few exceptions. Spellcasters can learn spells from their school permanently upon defeating a notorious monster as well as a boss monster, though the magicite still only grows from boss fights. There is synthetic magicite that does not grow, but is somewhat more powerful. Being interrupted when casting from synthetic magicite makes it explode on you, but also teaches you it's spell permanently.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 13, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Alexi Terrakov

Don't think I'm ready for the trash-heap yet, boy, I still know a few tricks

Alexi Terrakov grew up in the north, in the cold and mountainous country of Ursa. It was known for its hardy, if sometimes grim people, its wealth of Magicite in its mines, its powerful aristocratic families and its ambitious expansions. He was of common birth but of great technological aptitude, and while he could never be allowed in the university, down below the ground he was known to greatly help with the excavation. When the war broke out, more and more was asked of him. He pushed himself to the limits, drilling deeper and deeper to look for the last shreds of Magicite. One night, trying an experiment at home, there was an explosion. He lost his wife and his right hand to the accident.

When he recovered, the war was over. The mines were closed and his services were no longer needed. Disgusted at the way he was simply discarded after giving his nation everything he could have given, he salvaged some of the now useless mining equipment into a drill to replace his hand. Now he sets out, hoping to find a new place for himself, and to try to make sure the technology he loves so much has a future.

quote:

Name: Alexi Terrakov
Job: Engineer

Attributes:
PWR: 7
RES: 6
DEX: 3
MIND: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESSE: 3
HP: 22
MP: 9
Avoidance: 4
Accuracy: 2
Armor: 4
Magic Armor: 4
Abilities: Invent, Maintenance, Salvage, Ingenuity
Skills: Scavenge: 4 Synthesize: Weapons 4 Synthesize Armor: 4 Synthesize Tinkering: 4 Verhicles: 4 Systems: 4 Awareness: 4 Mercantile: 2
Equipment: Old Arm-mounted mining Drill (tier 1, Huge) Mining Gear: (Tier 1, medium armor) Mining helmet (Tier 1 accesory, special ability, has a little light)

Goals:
1 Find a place or job where he can feel useful and appreciated 2: Make sure the Ursan workers aren't treated like disposable tools by their employers 3: Create better artificial hands allowing for all kinds of options. 4: Either find abundant Magicite, a way to safely make it artificially or another alternative, so all the old machines, and the people working them, don't have to be junked.

At GMT+1, don't object to irc and skype, but probably not in the best time zone for that.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 18, 2015

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Work in progress

Alexander 'prime' Primeus / The Primeus collective

Theme Song

"No matter how deep the darkness, how many enemies face us, no matter what gets in our way. I know that the spirits are with me, and with their assistance, nothing will stop me!"
Alexander Primeus

quote:

"A long time ago, and located in an obscure corner of the world. There existed a people named the Salarati, driven out of their traditional homelands by those who despised their beliefs. They venerated the wisdom of their elders with such a passion that they created a way to capture the mind of the living. Storing it within items, objects and rituals. They lived with the souls of their ancestors, seeking their advice on every such matter regardless of how great or small the subject. The greatest of these souls were revered as spirits or gods. Their reliance on the souls were so great that they began carrying them with them, at first one or twos. But then in time five, ten, fifteen, fifty, one hundred.

They lived as spiritual collectives. A hive of old and new spirits operating as collective councils, lending their knowledge to the body, their skills, their might. They stopped living as individuals, becoming detached, slow to act, they thought with their ancestors guidance that they would be untouchable. They built a mighty city, pillars rising up into the heavens. A living city, powered by the ancestors.

But their over reliance was to be their undoing. Each newer generation was less skilled, less capable, less knowledgeable. What was worse, was that for every new soul an individual carried on them, the slower they were to react, the less precise their decisions, the worse they were when the attacks inevitably came. By this time the Salarati were possessing so many souls that they could take a full hour to make a descision. At first the outer pillers fell. Brought down by the monster populations who clawed their way through the "impenetrable" walls and fell upon the Salarati, none in the outer pillars survived. It took the Salarati collectives a full month to mount a counter offensive. By this time a full two thirds of the pillars had fell, and their population was ravaged. A stalemate was found, the monsters could not make it over the thin connecting bridges into the mighty inner pillars. Even so...

The pillars were dying.

Somewhere, in a land far away. The world died. The resulting shockwave caused a mass burnout of many of the Salarati's lesser souls. Freeing their minds, speeding their responses. They realized their folly, they had reached too far, and had paid the price. But the cost had been too high. The Salarati knew they would not survive. They were too few, and the monster's numbers were too many. And so the Salarati began their second great migration. Using the last of their technology to craft an escape route. A mass teliportation, they loaded their people with as many of the great souls as they could, and fled their home. But in their rush to flee they had failed to realise the damage the world had suffered. Their people were scattered, only a few of them yet live. Nomads. Roaming the world, seeking their scattered souls."

The History and Legend of the Salarati, chapter 19, overview of the end of days.

Primeus closed the book, the memories were real, so very painful, not just his, all of them. The ancestors he carried were silent with the remembrance. He had so few of them. How low they had fallen, hidden away in their corner of the world. A whole civilisation rose and fell, and no one beyond the Summerfall mountains knew of any of it. Save this one scholar. Presumably, he too was Salarati. It wasn't like anyone else cared. He'd heard talk of some who sought to reclaim the city of pillars. But Primeus knew how foolish it was, they all did. Even Ancestor Janus. Oldest and greatest of his souls said so. Well... he wasn't exactly polite about it. It had taken Primeus time to adjust to the great spirits he carried. As a child he'd been taught that they were powerful, and wise beyond comprehension. They had watched over their people for eons immeasurable. No one had mentioned how rude, or how course they were.

{It's not like we didn't warn them, but by that point they'd stopped listening to the oldest of us, only to the ghosts with the highest ranks when they'd passed on! loving idiots, its a wonder they didn't all the eaten earlier!} Janus spoke bitterly. Primues had been so proud to be given the honour to carry him, one of the greatest warrior wizards of the Salarati's founding. Now Primeus was not so sure.

<Now now, you'll scare the poor boy, Janus.> Rene soothed. She had been a master crafter, and employer of ranged weapons and magic of speed, she was only letting Primeus use some of her skills. She was being pretty coy about it too, teasing. Something about prooving himself worth. She always sounded like she was about to burst into laughter whenever she said it. Like an old joke that always tickled her. The soul of Rene's apprentice, Sammi, on the other hand stayed silent as per usual. She was an especially shy girl, Rene had dictated eons ago that they would never be separated. Even now that command was being kept to.

<Still though, it is rather funny, for all their talk of respecting their elder's wisdom, they seemed remarkably terrible at following it.> Rene mused on. Primeus could feel her tapping her chin in thought. His own chin itched in response. It had been hard to notice, but the fewer souls he'd had the greater the effect their actions had on his body. He supposed he was thankful that he'd been but a boy when they'd fled the pillars. He'd not yet been saddled with enough souls for his mind to burn out like the others. He's stomach twisted at the thought.

(D-Don't worry! W-We won't b-burn your m-mind out...!) Sammi hurriedly promised before lapsing back into silence.

"Yeah, but how would you know? Maybe it's already happened?" Primeus asked, and then realised he'd asked the question out loud when he got a few odd looks from the other bar patroons. Not unusual, but still not welcome... Wait, what was he doing here?

{The gathering, remember?} Janus chided, but softer than before. This was it, he felt the soft pull of the souls, comforting him as he felt his heart beat faster.

"Ohh, oh yeah. Well then, lets get too it." He picked up his tools, and the few artifact's he'd been able to recover. Janus's bracer. Sammi and Ashe's soul stones. He could feel their ghosts rise with him as he stood to approach the gathering. A lone smith, with the powers of some of the mightiest ancestor spirits he'd ever known backing him up. A single lone thought in the back of his head driving him forwards.

Maybe the world was not quite so doomed after all.

Alexander Primeus fled the pillars as a young child. Having been too young to carry many souls, he has avoided the mind burn many of his country men have suffered and as such has managed to keep his original personality. Having grown up in a roving band of migrants he quickly learned the skill of smiting to earn gil. Taught by his own Ancestor spirits Rene Alavatie, and Sammi Turin. A renowned master smith and her apprentice. They grant what knowledge they deem he has earned, and refuse to share with him their full breadth of experience. At first Primeus resented this, but in time he has come to realise the reason. His people stagnated, because they relied too much on the old ways. No new ideas were ever born. As such Primeus has dedicated himself to making new things, learning new things. Though he could consult with the spirits, he has made it a point of pride to rely on his own (limited) knowledge. Though this leaves him somewhat ill-informed on many matters, he thirsts for knowledge. Seeking out new experiances where ever he may find them. This more than anything else has driven him onwards. In battle he uses a mix of his Spirits, their powers, and his own abilities. Right now, he has a crude ghost lattice in which he can momentarily give form to one of his spirits. So far the device is only strong enough to summon Sammi, who's strength is not in battle. Even so, it's comforting to have someone by his side. His main power in battle comes from Janus and Rene. Janus provides knowledge of unarmed martial arts, the ability to fly, and the power of telekinesis. Rene provides a few simple magic spells. It's hardly the skill set of the worlds mightiest warrior, but it's kept him alive through an untold number of scrapes.

Primeus is a handsome, if a little scatterbrained young man. His clothing is unusual for this part of the world. This would mark him as a member of his people, but no one who lives remembers them save a scant few scholars and historians. If he seems distant it's because he's communing with his spirits. For the most part full conversation can only be held in a state of meditation, which can often leaving him to speak his thoughts out loud. The rest of the time they communicate through sensations and impulses. Harder to read, but less distracting over all. Primeus is respectful in conversation, but can be teased out of his shell with a little work. He's curious and questions others on all manner of things. Making notes in the heavy tome he carries with him at all time. Most mistake him for a academic until they seem him at a forge. At which point his passion shines through as he lovingly crafts whatever his imagination can come up with.

quote:

The Primeus collective - Time Mage

Attributes
Power: 7
Resolve: 6
Dexterity: 5
Mind: 7

HP: 22
MP: 10

ACC: 0

Skills
Athletics 3
Awareness 3
Mercantile 2
Scavenge 3
Stealth 1
Synthesis (Weapons) 4
Synthesis (Armor) 3
Synthesis (Tinkering) 3

Spells
Sprint
Burn Ray

Abilities
[Innate] Chrono Pocket
Levitate
Telekinesis

Equipment
Tier 1 arcane weapons 150g - The Ghost-Soul of Sammi [a ghostly spectre of a timid looking girl armed with a knife, she strikes suddenly at enemies before fading back into mist]
Tier 1 light armour 100g - Travel cloths [basic travelling clothing. A going away gift from the Pillars]
Tier 1 accessory 250g [Pudgiest] - Janus's Bracer [belonging to the ancestor soul Janus, it contains the memory of his unarmed fighting combining with his powerful telekinesis]

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 18, 2015

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Name: Kai Danlei
Job: Monk

Appearance: Wild hair, large, scarred palms, broad bare chest and shoulders. Tattered multicolored gi covered in bestial charms, and straw sandals that have been repaired countless times. Sutras tattooed on forehead and brands of the Ashura on the forearms - the aspects of the Destroyer and the Creator.

Quote: "Violence is the universal language of life and death! So let us have a conversation! Hahaha!"

Backstory: Kai Danlei was a child left out in the wild highlands where savage beasts roam. He was adopted by an itinerant martial arts master and served as his student and assistant, learning the ways of the fist. Never staying in one place for very long, they wandered and studied in the beggar's way together, until his master one day left him unceremoniously to pursue the King Behemoth, a legendary beast known for its ferocity.

Years passed, and Kai has resolved to follow in his master's footsteps. Following a rumor about a martial arts manual developed for slaying the Behemoth, he now wanders the world as a young adult, training to one day take on the King with his bare hands. He travels the land with his trusty chocobo companion, which he calls So Tasty, from when he rescued it as a chick from being eaten by a bear.

Mmmmm...So Tasty!
pre:
--------------------------------
Attributes
-----+--------------------------
PWR  |  6  |  FOR  | (P+R)/4 = 3
RES  |  6
DEX  |  7  |  FIN  | (D+M)/4 = 3
MND  |  6
HP   | (6 + 30) * 1 = 36 per lvl
MP   | (6 + 0) * 1 = 6 per lvl
AVD  |  1 + 5 = 6
ACC  |  0 + 1 = 1

Job Abilities

Innate           Martial Arts (6 PWR * .5 LVL) = 2d6+3 dmg
Ability 1        Chakra
Ability 2        Animal Companion - Chocobo (Bonded)

Skills
(18, Max Ranks 4)
--------------------+-----------
Athletics           | 3
Awareness           | 3
Healing             | 1
Lore (Monsters)     | 2
Nature              | 3
Scavenging          | 2
Swimming            | 1
Synthesis (Cooking) | 3

Equipment

Training Wrist Wraps (Tier I Brawl Weapon, Counterattack)
Old Beating Stick (Tier I Reach Weapon, Critical Attack 11-12)
Tent
Goals
- Obtain "The Behemoth Slaying Manual"
- Defeat the King Behemoth
- Find old Master
- Become an undisputed legend of martial arts

---

Availability: PBP, Skype, IRC is all fine as long as the scheduling works out.

---

Impressions

Being the oldest and likely most well-traveled of the group, Kai sees the others like many he has met on the road - eccentric in their own way with their own stories to tell, and if he is patient, he will learn them! If not, then it is not a big deal.

He is quick to friendships and laughter, for while Kai Danlei lives his life with the intention to survive, he also lives his life where every day could potentially be his last! As a result, he enjoys liquor, tea, and hot springs where available, and hearty straightforward meals are his preference over complex ones. This comes through in his own culinary endeavors as well.

Theodora Rocher IX - What a dress! How do you even move without tripping in that? I recommend pants, personally!
Cid - Excellent core strength, useful for balance! However, if you become powerful, you don't need to try and steal my lucky charms or the food I was eating for the day! Hahaha!
Chogan - This guy wants to become powerful, you can tell, but his eyes tell a story of someone who wants to become powerful for a reason. You do not need a reason, friend! You can do whatever you want!
Bulletta - She hit me with that car of hers! It's okay, though, since I also got to learn how to ride around on that car. What do you mean, you ride in a car? That isn't nearly as fun!
Luma - The first step to becoming powerful is to have a strong spirit, and the spirit is conveyed through voice first and foremost! She and I will get along fine, I imagine.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 19, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Be the huge weird guy of yo dreams.

Gigantos - Masked Golem Guardian of Altep

Legends tell of the glorious land of Altep. A grand civilization from before recorded history, utilizing a mysterious power said to be even more wondrous than Magicite, the island nation was a green paradise said to be able to grow anything. The people never wanted for anything, aside from novelty. Their post-scarcity society developed a form of ritual combat, the details of which are unknown in modern times. It was said to be exhilarating, dramatic, and deadly. Thousands would flood the arenas and coliseums of Altep to watch magically-animated Luchadores battle it out in the ring.

Of course, that's how the legends go, but nobody knows for sure. Nowadays, Altep is a harsh desert, filled with dangers and crumbling ruins. It was in these ruins that a young archaeologist was searching for evidence of the great Altep nation of lore. He had made a breakthrough years ago in translating scraps of the ancient language, and was searching for more. Coming across a hidden chamber deep beneath the desert sands, he found a statue untouched by the harsh erosion of above. A statue of a larger-than-life man clad only in tight briefs, and a colorful mask. The plaque at the bottom was still in good condition, with the angular Altep script still visible.

Pulling out his handbook, the young man began to translate aloud: "My name is Gigantos, Campeón de Lucha. Feel my power, ye mighty, and despair!" At these words, the statue sprang to life, and with a mighty cry powerbombed the young archaeologist into unconsciousness. Cracking it's stone shoulders, Gigantos was momentarily disappointed at the ease with which his opponent was dispatched. Then he was extraordinarily disappointed at the lack of cheering, and applause! Where were his crowds? Where were his adoring fans? Marching out of the underground chamber, not recognizing any of his surroundings, Gigantos resolved to find his way back to his homeland and regain his title as Luchador Supreme, no matter who stands in his way!

quote:

Gigantos
Race: Construct - Golem Wrestler
Job: Warrior

Goals: 1) To find his "lost" homeland of Altep. 2) To prove himself the most powerful wrestler in the world 3) To be seen as a protector of the weak and defenseless, as any good Luchador should! 4) To find a rival worthy of Gigantos!
Attributes: PWR 8 (6 + HUGE), RES 12 (8+Construct+HUGE), DEX 7, MND 4
Force: 5
HP: 30
MP: n/a
AVD: 7 (8 - HUGE)
ARM: 10
M.ARM: 10
Abilities: (Innate Ability) Victory Pose, Unusual Species (HUGE), Unusual Species (Construct)
Skills: Athletics 3, Perform 3, Language 3, Awareness 3, Escape 3, Lore (Ancient History) 3
Equipment: Tier 1 Medium Armor 100g - Lucha Briefs
Tier 1 shield 50g - Left Lucha Glove
Tier 2 Gemini Shield/Tier 1 Gemini Brawl Weapon 300g - Right Lucha Glove
Token 0g - Lucha Mask

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 14, 2015

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Edit: Since we already have someone app'd as a Monk, would you prefer it if I kitted Gigantos out as a warrior instead?

Make the character you want to play, whatever that is. Auto-Protect is at a minimum Tier 6 tho, so maybe redo your mask.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Make the character you want to play, whatever that is. Auto-Protect is at a minimum Tier 6 tho, so maybe redo your mask.

Wait, what? The Universal Properties List says Auto-Status is a Tier 1 effect. How do I know what Tier a status is?

Ok, I think I found it. It's the Component List that determines how that works, isn't it?

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 14, 2015

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Wait, what? The Universal Properties List says Auto-Status is a Tier 1 effect. How do I know what Tier a status is?

You got to read the whole description. Negative statuses are Tier 1, the good stuff is Tier 6, which is in the description for the property. Also get in IRC this would be way easier.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Blue mages work pretty much as is but without their spells on level up, as they can use magicite like anybody else. I'm diversifying the list in the materia section, but a general Enemy Skill materia is a no go. Instead you might want to work something out with me directly, or tell me what spell so I can put a piece of magicite in some loot with that spell.

Edit: And no, nobody's starting with any materia/magicite. Also the materia is called magicite. I probably should have established that earlier.

Two questions to clarify:

1. Does "no magic on level up" include the spell given at character creation?

2. Blue Mages can still get their Blue Magic spells through Learning/Observe, right?

Also, hope it's kosher that I flavored my guy's starting weapon to be a burned-out magicite crystal, I figured the guys in Theobrom would recycle them as magical foci rather than just throw them away.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Silas Forseti, Ex-Lawman

"I need a drat drink."

Silas is a native of Olphara, an industrial city rich in mineral wealth nestled in the cold valleys of the Sapphire Mountains. In the old days when magicite was still plentiful, the city thrived, its populace warmed and food grown thanks to the miraculous crystal-based technology. With the magicite shortages and war though, things took a turn for the worse, even more so with the fall of Theobrom. With food now in constant demand and the cold ever encroaching, the populace grew restless and ever more lawless as the rich and powerful continued to live life as before while shifting the burden to those below them.

Growing up in such a city, Silas developed a strong sense of justice and order in response to the chaos he saw. Joining the Olpharan Constabulary at a young age, Silas was a fine officer who tried his best to help the people even as riots grew more and more common. It seemed more and more like his job was to keep the populace reined in, rather that to protect them from criminals. Things came to a head when in the aftermath of a particularly nasty riot, Silas found the body of his fiancee Maria who had somehow got swept up in the protests. Among all the chaos, it was impossible to know if it had been one of the rioters, his fellow officers or even him who killed her.

It was the last straw for Silas, and with his badge unbearable to look at, he resigned and departed from Olphara. The ex-lawman instead began to wander, taking up freelance work in his travels across Rhizin. Though lost at what to do with his life, old habits die hard. He might not have the uniform and badge anymore, but there was still a job to be done out there. Might as well be him, right?

quote:

Name: Silas Forseti

Goals:
1) Acquire the famous and long lost Theobrom Ruby Whiskey
2) Hunt down the one who got away, Manslayer Varden
3) Find a cause worth fighting for
4) Make things right in Olphara

Power: 5
Resolve: 8
Dexterity: 8
Mind: 4

HP: 26
Avoidance: 8
Accuracy: 3
Armor: 6
Magic Armor: 6

Job Abilities
Victory Pose
Paradigm Shift (Ravager, Sentinel, Medic)
Provoke

Skills
Awareness: 4
Inquiry: 4
Stealth: 4

Equipment
Old Soldier's Blade (Tier 1, Blade)
Protect Vest (Tier 1, Medium Armor)
Riot Shield (Tier 1, Shield)
200 gil
PbP or IRC is fine. PST and I'm available most evenings.

Daraken fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 19, 2015

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
EDIT: I can work with irc and skype, I'm on East Coast time.

Baldric Valdis

"A knight of Eirwen exists to defend their people by any means necessary."

Baldric was a captain of one of Eirwen’s infamous dark knight brigades, matched only in their ferocity by the nation’s harsh blizzards. The natural defenses as well as unnatural might of the dark knights made Eirwen one of the few nations that Theobrom couldn’t conquer even with the power of their synthesized magicite.

Which is why when one of Theobrom’s airships appeared seemingly out of nowhere hovering over the capital, panic erupted. Baldric was trying to coordinate his troops to evacuate civilians as well as prepare to defend the city against the oncoming enemy forces. It was at this time he noticed something else was strange. There weren’t any Theobrom soldiers coming from the airship or any artillery firing at the city. Moreover the airship was getting dangerously close. By the time he realized what was happening, it had exploded and everything went dark.

He was awoken years later by magpies that found his frozen body while searching for magicite in the ruins of the capital. He learned that the rest of his nation had been underwent a similar fate as the capital and Eirwen is now nothing more than a thing of the past. Without a nation to fight for and everything he had known lost to history, Baldric became obsessed with the last thing he remembered: the airship. How did Theobrom manage to get a fleet of airships past the borders in spite of the blizzards? How did they hide from sight until it was too late? Did any of his fellow Eirwenians survive?

To answer these questions, he had become a mercenary, travelling around the world trying to find anything or anyone that can lead him to the truth. He wasn't certain what he hoped to gain from this. Was it the opportunity to avenge the death of his people? The desire for closure so that he can properly mourn his lost home and move on? Or maybe he hoped there was someone else in the world who still spoke the familiar words of his lost culture. He'll have to find out one of these days.

quote:

Attributes:
Power - 10
Resolve - 7
Dexterity - 4
Mind - 4

HP: 25
MP: 6

Armor: 6
Magic Armor: 2

Skills:
Awareness: 3
Escape: 2
Inquiry: 2
Language: 2
Nature: 3
Scavenge: 3
Stealth: 1
Swimming: 1

Spells:
Hex

Abilities:
Darkside (innate)
Forceful Intentions
Last Resort

Equipment:
Spare Sword (Blade weapon Tier 1, Standard issue for soldiers in the Eirwen army, Baldric got it when he first joined as an infantryman. Not high quality but well-maintained by the owner.)
Tattered Captain’s armor (Heavy Armor Tier 1, Armor worn by captains in the Eirwen army, worn down by war and time)
Hi-potion

Goals:
Figure out how the airships got past the borders without anyone noticing
Find any other survivors of the Eirwen disaster
Preserve the language and culture of the Eirwen people

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 18, 2015

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

(What’s a concept that FF5 introduced but didn’t really do jackshit with? What’s something real hard to GIS good character images for? That’s right, goddamn werewolves)

Rashnalla

The tundras of Istellia are a harsh, inhospitable land. Far to the north and blessed with underground veins of Ice and Water Magicite, the small kingdom could afford a strict policy of isolationism during the recent Crystal Wars. A policy it vastly needed, as the internal struggles of the nation were already bringing tensions to a breaking point. The outer wildlands still held many untamed monsters, resources were becoming strained even in mild winters and internal political intrigue threatened to collapse the infrastructure keeping the nation moving and alive.

And not all the pieces involved were morally upright. The human nobles of Istellia have had a long tradition of enslaving local Werewolf packs as various labor sources and Rashnalla was one of the large population of them. It wasn’t until the powers of darkness fueled her anger enough to kill one of her captors that she truly felt freedom in her young life. She swiftly began freeing her brethren and establishing a rebellion in the town surrounding the nation’s capital. But before the castle itself could be seized, the fires of revolution were snuffed out by army reinforcements and the rebel survivors were forced to flee in all directions. Eight months have passed since then and Rashnalla still does not sleep well. The guilt of compatriots dead, missing, or still in chains and the darkness continuing to steer her towards vengeance at the world’s injustices keep her up at night.

(n.b. does not actually know how to play chess)

quote:

Name: Rashnalla “Rash”
Race: Werewolf
Job: Dark Knight
Quote:
Goals: 1) Reunite with old rebellion allies, 2) Either reform or destroy Istellia as it currently exists, 3) Be a freedom fighter who fights for anyone’s freedom

Attributes
Power: 11
Resolve: 7
Dexterity: 3
Mind: 6

HP: 25/25
MP: 8/8

AVD: 2
ACC: 4
ARM: 6
M. ARM: 2

Skills
Athletics 3
Awareness 3
Escape 3
Inquiry 2
Nature 3
Scavenge 2
Stealth 2
Thievery 2

Spells
Fire

Abilities
Innate: Darkside
Last Resort
Unusual Species (Beast, +2 Power, carnivore)

Equipment
Lumberjack’s Axe (Tier 1 Huge Weapon)
Dented Iron Armor (Tier 1 Heavy Armor)
White Cape (Tier 1 Ice Ward Accessory)

edit: IRC works for me, Saturdays are the only days that aren't great for me right now

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 18, 2015

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Alastair Lovett

"You have a request, right? Go ahead and make it. After a tip like that, I'd play the whole score to I Want to Be Your Canary, if you asked. ...well. Well, alright. But let's have some musical accompaniment, anyway."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_cnOd-Vw4

"It's a story I'm sure you're familiar with. A few years ago, it seemed like everyone of fighting age was taking up a weapon for Carduel. They believed in the Kingdom's heroic past, and wanted its future to be just as glorious. Many of these heroes to be would die. Some would limp away with the scars of battle. A few would not have their illusions shattered until it was too late. Guess which of the three I was."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1QeApBDp0o

"I made Lieutenant. In fact, I'd barely gotten my promotion when my unit received its most important mission yet. We'd all heard of Theobrom's secret weapon. But there was something special about the device and crystal we were ordered to retrieve. Something so damned important that my friends and I had to die for the sake of keeping our objective secret. Our airship went down, and I was the only survivor. After I recovered, I learned that I had been branded a traitor. A spy for Theobrom, charged with retrieving the stolen device."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiokA17_jTA

"I probably would have been hunted down my own country if it hadn't been for Colonel Ringwald. Here. His card. You've been trying to get in touch with him, haven't you? Give him my regards. And let him know things haven't changed between us. I owe him my life, and I'm going to repay that debt. Just not by trading one drat fool crusade for another (you shouldn't, either). The satisfaction of revenge doesn't mean much if you don't know who you're demanding it from. There's more to this than a little chunk of homemade magicite. We both know that. But I'm good for a magpie job or two. A freebie, naturally. And tell him to keep himself alive until I can find a bar serving that drink he likes."

quote:

Name: Alastair Lovett

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 14, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Looks interesting! I can't guarentee I'll make something, but if I do it'll be a white mage, probably.

GOT WHITE MAGES ON THE BRAIN

Name: Adrianna De'Shay
Race: Hyumean
Job: White Mage

Appearance: Thin, fit, short and blonde. There was a few archetypes for the many healing maidens out there in the world and, really, most of them seemed to differ between being a redhead or a blonde. Alternatively whether to rock the stereotypical robes and staff or be more of a white witch, with a glamorous hat. Adrianna was the former, not exactly young anymore and bitter looking. But, well, there's no such thing as an ugly, scarred white mage, is there? They'd be poo poo otherwise.

Quote: "... It's not over, not yet!"

Backstory: What kind of life do you live when everyone you know, everything you know, explodes in fiery armageddon, your friends and family annihilated in an instant and the only reason you were not was a mixture of luck and petty altruism, on a mission with a group of fellows into the outlying regions of the war torn region, set on traveling village to village to tend to the unfortunate and wounded struck by war. Where something happened, the cataclysm. Where you're stirred from your exhausted rest from screams, your staff outside the vehicle exploding in a fierce, fiery rage and rocking that metal coffin - and your co-workers weren't so lucky to have set their staves aside, still working. Ten healers died in an instant. Eight villagers succumbed to the fire and flames of the swiftly burning village afterwards, a mere few escaping with you after you stirred that "coffin" to life and drove it out of the inferno.

It was even more lucky that the vehicle was decidedly old, a hand-me-down. You know, before the murder crystals were in production.

Well, I'll tell you what kind of life. You become bitter. Despondent. The only reason you don't go to simple escapes like drink or a blade was pressing need and pathetic, though steady, altruism; a lot of people were hurt those days. A lot of people needed help. Some help only a healer could provide, some help only a metallic tractor. Being one of the last people from Theobrom had no perks, however, and some people would rather spit on her name and suffer then accept the touch of their once-oppressors, the people who clearly brought the cataclysm down simply because they were the "only ones" effected by it - they and anyone they took over, anyway. Which was a lot of people.

These days, well after the end of the war, it could be very well that Adrianna was one of the honest-to-god last citizens of Theobrom left alive, if not among the handful. The relative few that survived were hunted, scions to the world. Or, of course, they simply ended the massive hole ripped in their lives and stopped the loneliness, permanently. Who knows, though? There's a lot of rumors, whispers in the veil...

... But rumors and hope, as well as some fleeting mission to help those potentially lost and in need deep within the wastelands, did little to feed you. It did little for those around you, hurting day by day. It took some time for that half-busted metallic half-track to start its drive inwards, back where it came from. And hey, she could fund herself and explore her lost home, bit by bit - magpies, they called 'em. Of course, without all the crystal-goodies from her lost empire, well, it was a little harder to channel magic these days. Still...

Those mists would relent eventually, even if she forced them.

pre:
Attributes
PWR  |  6  |  FOR  | (P+R)/4 = 2
RES  |  4
DEX  |  7  |  FIN  | (D+M)/4 = 3
MND  |  8
HP   | 20
MP   | 14
DEST | 1
AVD  |  1 + 4 = 5
ACC  |  0 + 0 = 0

Job Abilities

Innate           Body and soul (Party-wide full heal after combat, if conscious)
Ability 1        MP Stroll (25% MP back at the end of combat, rest regains full TP.)
Ability 2        Special Vehicle: Half-track (Iconic: Theobrom, Amphibious) (ARM and MARM as Adri, HP is half Adri's)

Spells
Cura (7 MP, Single, conscious target is restored for (MNDx2)+2d6 HP.)
Aero (8 MP, Wind, can target single for (PWRx3) or all enemies for (PWRx1), plus 2d6.)

Skills
(22, Max Ranks 4)
--------------------+-----------
Athletics           | 1
Awareness           | 1
Healing             | 4
Inquiry             | 2
Lore (General)      | 3
Lore (Magic)        | 3
Nature              | 1
Negotiation         | 1
Synthesis (Tinker)  | 1
Systems             | 2
Vehicles            | 3

Inventory
150 g

Suspiciously mundane staff (Tier I Arcane Weapon, Quickcast. (1/combat cast as a standard, not a slow))
Cotton robe (Tier 1 armor, +2 ARM +6 MARM)
x2 Crystal-baked Pretzel buns (+2 MND/day, Baked on a stone with shards of a used magicrystal ingrained into it!)

Theobrom Half-track, unarmed, decrepit.
Iconic, Amphibious
While it's seen better days, this beauty will still get you pretty much anywhere you want to go so long as you practice a few safe driving tips. It might be older then all those village kids that like to climb and gawk at it, but that just means she's reliable and made from proper crystals. Still, her metal plating is chewed up - literally - at several points and while she might be amphibious, well, your feet are probably gonna get wet. Wouldn't put a lot of stock in being able to hide in it from a monster, either - or from people. Theobrum in make, the image of this vehicle's very similiar later models rolling through the streets of conquered territories is very fresh in some folks' mind. Of course, it could use a fresh paintjob to really get in the nationalistic spirit. Cozier to ride in if it had new seats, too... really, there are a lot of upgrades you could do, here and there.

Goals
- Penetrate past the mists of the capital and explore for the alleged survivors
- Reach Theobrom-proper lands
- Fulfill the tenants of her oath - IE, be a god drat white mage
- For real tho get the half-track some new seating some of these are straight up metal, ugh!

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Rune of the Mist

Only one group of people has ever entered the Mist.

The Mist is ever-present. The Mist does not dissipate. From the time of the calamity which erased Theobrom to the present, the Mist has blanketed the lands around Theobrom's capital and surrounding lands. Beasts that enter the Mist are changed, corrupted into bloodthirsty and mindless monsters. Few people are willing to approach the Mist, out of fear of what they might become. Even the Magpies, who venture farther into the ruins and closer to the Mist than anyone, fear what lurks within. Everyone xcept for one group: the Silver Ravens, a band of Magpies that did not balk away from any danger. They sought out the most treacherous areas of the ruins and successfully retrieved magicite crystals and relics that other bands had failed to retrieve. One fateful day, seeking to find something that would fix them firmly in a place of wealth and glory, the Ravens ventured into the Mist. Many warned them, said it was too dangerous. But the Ravens, foolhardy, headstrong, and self-assured as they were, marched on. No one admitted it, but the Ravens did give people a glimmer of hope that fixing this mess was not impossible, and things could return to how it used to be. A very faint glimmer, admittedly, but hope nonetheless.

Only one person has ever walked out of the Mist.

Rune came to the area around Theobrom from a land far away, where few outsiders have ever been. Every child in this land one day leaves to see the world, in order to learn their place in it. While they do not have to return to their home once their journey is complete, very few remain in the outside world. On her journey, Rune fell in with a group of Magpies and began venturing into the ruins with them. Over time more Magpies joined, everyone bonded, and they began to see each other as something of a family. The name Silver Ravens came from a pendant they found one day in the ruins, which miraculously had survived the destruction. The etched raven on the silver medallion's surface had seen the greatest destruction and calamity in history, yet did not allow itself to be affected. This resonated with the crew, and the name stuck.

Rune doesn't know what happened. In her mind, she walked into the Mist with her friends and compatriots one minute, then ran out alone, frightened, and confused the next. Trying to remember what transpired causes her severe amounts of pain and distress. Attempting to return to Magpie work has been difficult. People do not want to interact with her. They say she is "of the Mist", that she's a creature born from the Mist, sent to prey upon the world and plunge everything into Mist. With no other choice, Rune has decided to form another group to venture into the ruins with her. It will be tough to work with people other than the family she spent so much time with, but she must find new companions if she ever wishes to return to the Mist. Thus has Rune's journey to find her place in the world ended, for she now knows her place. She must venture into the Mist once again, uncover what truly happened to the Silver Ravens, and destroy the source of the Mist to protect everyone from the dangers that lurk within.

quote:

Name: Rune of the Mist
Job: Samurai

PWR: 8
RES: 4
DEX: 8
MND: 5

ARM: 4
M.ARM: 4
AVD: 9

Abilities:
Innate: Draw Out
Special: Unburdened Soul
Two-Handed Grip
Flawless Form

Skills:
Athletics 4
Awareness 4
Escape 2
Language 2
Nature 3
Scavenge 3

Equipment:
Katana (Tier 1 Blade Weapon - A nameless katana from her homeland) (Unburdened Soul - 5 - Lightning Kami)
Saint's Rune (Accessory - inscribed on her upper arm for protection)
5 potions

Goals
1. Find a group capable of venturing into the furthest reaches of the ruins and eventually the Mist
2. Uncover what happened to the Silver Ravens
3. Find and eliminate the source of the Mist

I'd prefer PBP. I might or might not be able to do IRC. Thursdays would be out of the question and weekdays would be iffy, but possible if it's after 5/6 PM PST

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 18, 2015

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Julian Coronado

“Well, since the townspeople are distracting it, we could just- alright, alright, we’re doing the hero thing, I get it!”

Job: Gambler

quote:

Attributes
PWR: 1
RES: 7
DEX: 10
MND: 7

MP: 7
AVD: 7
ARM:
M.ARM:

Abilities
Innate: Slots
Save the Day
Grand Summoner (Bismarck)

Skills

Escape: 4
Thievery: 4
Vehicle: 3

Equipment
Tier 1 Weapon: Julian’s trusty sidearm (properties: ranged)
Tier 1 armor: Slightly patched finery (light)
Tier 1 consumable: Gambling set (legitimate)
Tier 1 consumable: Gambling set (rigged)

210 gil

Originally hailing from the southern city-state of Prospero, Julian is an unrepentant scoundrel who enjoys the finer things in life. He prefers to describe himself as having an ‘international lifestyle,’ though he hastens to add that he’d rather not go home just at present owing to a minor misunderstanding with a few nobles, and anyway the weather is just dreadful this time of year

During the war, Julian’s steady aim and utter lack of morals earned him steady employment as a mercenary in the service of Theobloom. However, he kept his ear to the ground, and when things began to go south he was the first to abandon his former employer. Though he survived the destruction of Theobloom, Julian’s accumulated wealth was wrapped up in investments that did not. He found himself penniless, with states on all sides eager to imprison him for his part in the war.

Lacking other options, he has settled into the dangerous work of scavenging back into Theobloom. It was during one of these expeditions that he freed Bismarck from the ruins of a mysterious lab; for reasons that he could not presume to guess, the ancient spirit seems to have decided that he’s some sort of hero and bound its power to him. Everything in his life to this point has left him sure that it was mistaken, and yet… the first time he stepped into one of the rickety scavenger towns, called on Bismarck’s power, and drove out a rampaging monster, well, that was a rush unlike any other. Who can say where the dice will land?

Goals:
1: Secure transport, lodgings, and other accoutrements of a caliber suiting to a gentleman.
2: Perform a real, legitimate act of heroism and earn Bismarck’s devotion.
3: Wager something significant in a game of chance, rigged or otherwise.
4: Crash through a skylight.

My schedule is unfortunately rather chaotic at the moment, and I can really only commit to PbP.

Androc fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Magicite. Used in spellcasting, technology, and summoning. Magicite crystals are concentrated magical power in a crystalline structure. Despite the shortage of most vital forms of magicite, consumer and military magicite rarely loses it's magical charge and remains in good supply the world over. Whether mined from leylines or significant sites, or scavenged by Magpies from ruins, no one in Rhizan would dare go without this precious crystal.

How does that affect you? Every character can equip any one Magicite shard on their person. A character with a magicite shard equipped gains access to the spell or ability of the magicite, and may receive other bonuses. If a character does not have an MP score, they gain one when equipped with Magicite. They can cast the spell or use the ability using their own stats as often as they have the resources to do so.

Characters can equip more Magicite with the following weapon property:

pre:
Magicite Socket: Tier 2; Weapon, Armor, Accessory

This equipment has been outfitted with a slot designed to fit most standard types of 
Magicite shards. One additional Magicite shard may be equipped by the user. 
Defeating a Boss with Magicite equipped causes that Magicite to grow stronger. The character permanently gains access to the Magicite's spell or ability, and the Magicite gains a level. The character never retains the Magicite's bonuses without it equipped, only a spell or ability. Magicite that cannot grow further splits off into a new level one Magicite Shard upon defeating a Boss monster.

Any character whose job would grant them spells on level up treats Magicite differently. When they are equipped with Magicite from a school of magic they have access to with their current job, they may permanently learn it's spell after defeating any Notorious monster as well as Boss monsters. Magicite still only grows in level by defeating Boss monsters.

Eidolons are creatures of fervent debate among Magicite specialists and scholars. They are creatures of pure magic summoned into existence with Magicite of sufficient power. Magicite capable of this remains quite rare, only one such shard existing for each creature known to 'exist'. In war, summons like Bahamut and others can often turn the tide, and they are well-known among laymen. They are often incredibly powerful, and in the past myths and legends were created to explain their presence.

Summon Magicite grants access to an Eidolon like the Grand Summoner shared ability. Eidolons summoned in this way are personal, rather than group, and follow the normal rules for summoning as presented.

A character equipped with a summon Magicite can permanently learn that summon upon defeating a Boss monster. When summoning Magicite grows in level, it lowers the cost of summoning it's Eidolon. This reduction in cost only applies with the Magicite equipped, and then only to it's own Eidolon.

Synthicite. For centuries it was the holy grail to Magicite specialists. Magical power without mining, or trading. When Theobrom first created functional Synthicite, it seemed unstoppable. It was far more powerful than natural Magicite shards for both spellcasting and power production purposes. This would be perfect if not for the incredible instability of Synthicite shards. No government in the world still condones the use of Synthicite, thought secret research into stabilizing the substance is common. Magpies and madmen are the only people around foolish enough to risk the backlash of Synthicite shards.

Synthicite functions much like normal Magicite shards. Any character with a Synthicite shard equipped gains access to the shard's spell and often a large bonus. This is not without cost. Any time a character is interrupted in casting from a Synthicite shard, they immediately suffer the effects of the spell they were casting, and the Synthicite is destroyed. This spell does not interrupt the triggering attack, uses the caster's MP, and their attributes to determine damage or other effects.

Synthicite isn't all bad, though. After experience backlash from a Synthicite shard, a character can choose to permanently learn the Synthicite's spell. Being rendered unconscious by the triggering attack or the spell backlash, or being affected by Berserk, Blind, Confuse, Sleep, or Petrify render a character unable to learn spells this way. The character cannot retain the Synthicite's bonus. Defeating a Boss monster will teach a character their equipped Synthicite's spells, but Synthicite does not grow or reproduce.

Idols

The most dangerous weapons Rhizan has ever seen. Eidolons, created through artificial means and summoned by specialized ä́͏̺̖̭̻̠n͗ͮ͠ͅd̠̙̱̮̬̻̔̒ͯͦ ̷͉̝̗͖̄̆͑ͩͭ̔î̸͓͎̼̩̖̉ͤ̽ͥ̌ń̲̤͐͋c͒̂̋ͩŗ̝̣̜̩̰̣̇̍̿́̉̀̈e̓̓d̞̻̥͉̰͇̳ͨ́i̼͉͆ͧ̊͂́̃ͅb͗͌̆ͮl͕̗̳ͫ̔́ͤͅy̦͌͛̂ ̞̮̞̺͇͎̞͆ͭ̕r̺̦̲̬ͥa͇̭̮͕̝̞̓̈ͧ̀ͅr̼̬͖ͭ̄̍̈̃́e̹̟̠̭̒͛̍̄ͣͮ̑͘ ̘̖̝̃͋̉ͤ̍̆ͥ͡S͍̳̝̲͔̦̆͐͜y̼̣̤͉̤͔n̵̂̆͆͂̌̚t̐̊҉͕͕̜̜ͅh̝̫̊ͯ̂̃͗͂̌͝i̝̣̠ͭc͇̭̦̠͈̈͑̿̇ͨ͞į͎̮̣̭̂ͤ͗ͅt͙̻͔͓̰͚ͭ̆ͥ̄̾͌ͅe
ṡ̨͚̘̫͇̭h̢̛̘̥̞̹̩͙̳̑̾ͨ͂́a̮͕͍͐̉̾ř͓͖̗̮̣̳̬͒́̀́d̼̥ͨ͊͂ͧͧͧ̍̀ṡ̸̈͂͛͏̳̺.̷͕̼̦̓̍͆̽ͯ̌ͭͣ ̷̡̼̗̆̍ͮͭ̾Ĩ̴̻͚̘̦̭̄͋̌̑ͨnͣ̂͏̢̦͚̲̺͍͇͔̭ ̴̈́̽̔͒͏͎̤̺t͓͓͚ͤh͗͌͌͞͏̨̟͚̺̮̲͔̠͕ͅȇ͓͉̰͚̎ͯ̍̈́ͮͮ͘͟ͅ ̣̞̖̫̃ͩ̕h̢̲̻̲̠͇̤͓̔ͭͨͩͣͤͬ̕e̳̱͔̪̟̠̙̤̐͘͝y̵̒̑̏̍̓̊̃͏̵̭͖͍̤̯̗͈̤d̥̘̟̙̱̤͚ͭ́̕ā̶̖̦̱͈̼̥̻͙́ͫ̆ͮ̚ẏ̧͎ͦ̀ͣ̏͆ͪ̀ ̟̝́̌̾͋̔ȍ̻͙ͤf̢̢͓͓̗̤̟̲̦̠̄͐͝ ̻̺̟͑̉̄̈́ͤ̂͜͠t͑̒́̊̅͒ͫ҉̜̬̪̟͎̣͇̩h̛̥͙̤͔̹̗̔̅ͫ̄ͪ̒ͮ̂͑͘ͅë̢͔̩̼̻̫ͩ̐̑͊̉ͣ̓͘͡ ̢̠̉ͧ͂̚͘ͅw̷͖͚̺̲̟ͧͪ͛͗a̜͔͓͓̲̥̥̣̍ͬ͒̓ͣ̓̀̚͝r͒ͪ͠҉̬̗̀,̶̲͈̻͉̫̪͙̳ͭ̌́ Ŭ̵͖͖̗̼͈̈̈͐ͮ͟l̴̅ͧ̍ͩ͛͂͆͛̈́̃ͯͣͯͧ́̚҉̳̖̖̱̮̀t̷̗͇̣͚̜̲͉̖̠̼͉̹̋̆͊̓ͨ̆ͮͭͅi̭̭̪̫͎̘͌ͦ̈́ͣ̏͑̔̒̿̒ͪ́͘m̸̼͙̘̫̫͂̌ͧͯͪ͂̍͊̿̽͗̑͜͞a̵͇̟͓̯͍ͪ̒̋̈́̇̈ͫ͑̑͘ ̸̬̫͈̞̠̹̺̜̫̻͉̹ͫ̓ͬ̐̓̏̈̒̅ͤͩ͆ͯͤ͑ͥ͟͡W̋̔̇̂̋̈́̀͡҉̫̙̫̲̜͓͎͓̹̤͙̩̞̀͝e̤͓̪̣̯͚̙͎̱̼̖̔̌̓́̏͑͌ͭ̓̕̕ͅͅa̷̷̢̟̟͖̙̭̳͎͊ͥ̐͑͒ͣ̒͋͗̊̓̅̔͐̚͟ͅp̷̡̣̗͎̘̣͍̳̼͔̬̥͕̭͐͊̓̽ͯ͒̃ͧ̑̏̒ͭ̓ͣͩ̀͢͞o̢̤͓̖̠̗̥̮͇̺͚͇͇̱͇̳͇̅̆͛͛̔ͣͯ̌̌̈́ͮ̈́̊ͩ͌̓̍ͥ̀n̷̷̷̨͉̞͎̰̝̗̦̱͍̳̱̆̊ͯ͐ͨͤ̊̽̆̌̉̋̃ͫͯ͌ͯ̀͒͞
\a҉̦̫̝̀͟n̟̲͘͡d̫̰͙͢͝ ҉̪͕̩͜o̴̟̥͖̜̠t̡͓͕h̯̙̜͓̫̯̲͕̘͜è̱̬̞͢r̷̼͇̝̩̲̬̤ ̩̭͘͢I̡̳͇d̛͇́͢o̶̢҉̰̮̦̜͇͚̩ͅl̴̯̥̟̭̘͇͎͟s҉̘̳̲̙̥̞ ̵̞̪̠̯͕n̪̠͙͉̘ͅe̡̝͘ḁ͍̥̗̥͇͇̜͎̀r͓͍͎̖̠̰̖̭̬l͎̣̖̭̟͍y͏͏͚̞͕̮̠ ̛͉͓͢͡w̧̮̤̯̫̦̬ǫ̴͚̭͞n̙̹̗̻̗̘̱ ͕͟ţ̮͖̱h̫͔̱̲̱̭̼̞͖͜ȩ̹͢͞ ̡͙̦̫̭͍̤̞̤ͅF̸͔̥̤͞i͍̪̮͟͝͝r̢͙̯̣͖͉͉̻͇̕s̞̞͓̞ț̖̝͚̼̫͠ ͎͉̜̞̥̯͈̕ͅC̯̼̬͚͇͍͟r̫͙̗̟͓͈̞̖͝y̛̻̞̗̣ͅś̡͙̤t͕̰̬̳͜a̵̶̢̳̼ļ͓͔̹͢ ͙̠̳̼̗̺̞̙̕͝W҉̸̯̮́a̳̞̜̯͓͙͈̜̹͡ṟ͢.̷̵̣̬́ ̶̡̛̪͍͍I̶͈̦̜̣͉n̵͕͎̹͉s͍̻̕t͏̤̭̠̳̼é̡̖̹͕ͅ
a̢̫̙̕͢d̛͍͙̝̹̜̻̰̪̙͜,͏̯̞̭̜͠ ̸̼͚͇̳̦̹͇͘͝t͚̞͔͉ͅh̴͉͡e̫̻̻̝͕y̘̲̯̭̙̻̪͞͝ ̨̨̯̞̲͡r̖͈̦͕̩̻͘a̵̧̘̜̮̞͟m̭̟̫͕̠͚͎ͅp͏҉͖̜͓͙͉͖̩͎͘a̢̰͉͔͇̟g̴̡͉̭̗̙̹͉͎̹̭ę̵͕͍̲̪͉̮d̗͝,͈͉̖̭͞ ͚͎̤̫d̶̬̬̩̺̼̦e͉̥̲̳͟͝s̝̤̙̲̗̪̰͜ͅ
t̶̗ͅr̵̮͇o̠͟y̡͚̝̫̳͙̮̝͍̕ì̻̤̟̗͉̕͘n̢͏̞g̼̝̀̕ ̥͔͉̺͎̕͠ȩ̬̬ǹ̯̱̲͔̻͢t̵̩̩͍͎͜͝i̜͓̘̺̣͢ṟ̹̻̬͡e̺̣̝̗͝ͅ ̢̲̜c҉̜̥̣̟͢i̧͎͉t͉̕͜i̧͝͏̠̗̝ẹ̸͍s̶̴̢̘̰̖ ̧͓̬̕i͏̢̟̩n̴̪͝ ̳̘̦̙̟̬͘t̡͇͠͠h͙̼̱͕͡e̡҉͉͍͎̠̺͍͔i̹͖̹͉̹̦̬͓͘ŗ̶͓̜ͅ ̶̴̜̭̣̝͈̠͝w̷҉̰͇͟a̬̮̬̻̦͎͍̲
k̴͉̭̝̪̘̀e͢͏͍͞ͅ
̪̯̪a̵̱̟n̷͏̮̣̝ͅd͎͍͕͎̺́ ͎͍͖l̛̳͈ẹ̥͘ͅa҉̵̵͎̮͇̤͕̪͓v͏͇̝̲̺͍̜̭i̩̟n̹͖̣͜g͏̸͔̲̟̱̟̹͞ͅͅ ̥̱̯̮͚̻ͅͅs͔c̣͕o͏͍͙̟̬̯̙̦͘ͅr̛̰̣̯͓̘͖͖ͅe͏̪̞̙̬s̨͏̸̰͚͉͉̼͇͕ ͓̙͘o̴͔̼̬̬͞f̡̥̻̝͇͈̝͎͉͘ ̧̜̝͡ͅͅd̡̹̬͔͡e̮̰̹̯̼̮͕͚a̢͍͉͘d̗͔̞.̸̦ ̘͇͇̻̪̗N̞̩̣̝̻͓̪̙o̲̦̪̯̞̝̟n̞ͅe͕ ̴̩̱̺̤o̶̜̞͢͝f̡͙͔̙̝̞̙͚͜ ̘̪̠͓t͏͔͇͓̥̺͙̩h̶̛̤̼̙̥̮̬͖͈ę̟̫̦̫̕ ̧̮̻̲͎̞̣͘̕I̧̱͘͟d̹͕͈̮̳̕͢͠o̶̯͓͕̮l̘̲͇̘̥̙̘͚̺͘s̶̳̥̙͈̯͚͜ ̻͉̳̙̖͙̻k̵͜҉̣̩̖̮̼̥͎̟͉n̻̦̞͘o̝͟͝w̨̱͇̣̥̺͠n̩̭͡ ̧̠̙̕͡t̸̵̞̬̤͎͎͕o͉̫̩̼̱̹͟͞͝ ̢͔͖̼͖͍͈̻͙e̪̫͕̫͈̹̬͜͡ͅ
x̻̜͉̱̲̦̦͠i͕̻͇͍͙͉͘s̡͖t̴̢͖̠ ͏̡͓̳̟͉͝a̦͚͍̦̮͜͝͞r̻̰̩͈̫̳̖̩e͎̲̣͎̟̱͈̜ ̢͘҉̥̻ͅs̨̭̤͇̹̙t̺͕̯̠͓i̸̧̞̰̦̲̘̠͍ͅl͉̭̙̱͈͇̙l̷̦͇̭̥̮̥̱̀̕ ̴͉̺̖̦̩á̠̺̼̭̠̀̀c͍̙̬̳̩̻c̝o̻̳̱͜u҉̘͓͍͔͔̟̲͕̯n͎̜̯̥̦ṭ̢̫͇͍̹̺͘ȩ͈̩̩̞̞̤̯͖d̡̳̗̜̱̣̱ ͏͙̱f̵̭̘̺̬̭̀ͅo̺̬̩̦͇͞r͈̀.̺̪͔̗̠̝̖̕ ̲͎͇̹̤̙͈͕R̷̗̪̱̫͕͓̹̖͢ụ̡̯͍̳m̶̢̞̥͍̝̙͖o͙̮͠r̻͙͇̼̲s̴̡̗̺̬̦͕̹̀ ̨̻̖͔̣̼̘ͅp҉͔̫̟̤̱̠͕͢e̮͉͉͔̳͓͢r̸̢̛̼̪̣̖s̮͓̕͠i̛̖̗̖̼͉̼ͅs̙̹̟̤̜t̴̳͕͖̖͓͜ ͕͉͖̤̤͔̤̤a̲͇͙̭͕m͏̷̱͖̩̬̮o̗͇̱͈̗̮͙̲n̷̷͍̖̤͔͎͙̲͝g̵̢͕̗̞̱̩͚ ̢҉̥̺͔ͅM̷͈̪̫̟̘͕̤͍̳͟͠ą̘͔̳̲͖̙͕̪͍g͏̯̯̱͈͚̼̘p҉̹̞͚̺͔̹͚͚̼́
i̟̪͔͈̲͓e̡̳̮͕͓s̶̤̣̹̼̘ ͓̬͇͔̜̯̰́͠ͅ
t̘̻̠͎h̙̙̦̟̬̀a҉̯̲͔̖͉̭̲̯͎t̟̯͜ ̷̴̢͓̬t̛̙̝̹̳͝͡ͅh̶̭̗̯̦̝͟͠ę̩̻͡y̫̯̬̯̺̜̗̕͢ ͙͚͓̣c̰̱͓̝̜͇̳ͅa̧͙̟̝̜͉̦̭̟ņ͙̙̜͢ ̹̖͚b̛̦̣̯̦ͅe͔̣̹̱̱̬͝ ̷̛̮̣̝͟f̡̗͍̱͡ơ͓̞͔͚̤̥̯u̡̬̦͍n҉̩d̮̮ ̡̫̫̥̲͡i̴̲̠̖n̤̪͘͝ ̰̭r̴̗̜̝̠͈̜͎͠ͅu̧͖͙͕̱̭ͅi̬̗̣͙̖͕̭͉ṉ͉͎͚͓̲̯s̸̨̙̟͔͕͈,͠͏͎̰̭͕͎̪̦ ҉̲̜̠͖a̛̞͇̟̖̗̻̦n̨҉̥̗͖̯͙̟̫̫ḍ̶̡̻̮̖̼̪̳͓͡ ̼̬̥̲͎̪e͚̞̱͈̦̯̪͢v̗̩̤̻̕ͅe̥̪͡n̵̰̥͉̲͕̹͜͠ ̯͎͚̮̥͔́b̸̡҉̝̣͓̖͖͙͉a̡̻̩͙̙͠r̫̳̥̥͍̺͜g̯̟̝̖͈̜̬a̪̟̖͇̗͢i̸̫̝̹͙̥̤̯n͠҉̠̟͎̣ę̻̙̠̞̳̤̖̺ḑ҉͎̟̝̺ ̖͈̲̖w̴̨͇͍͞
į͚t̸̫͕̳̳h͏̹͚̺̪̤̪ ͔̻̜̲͙f̴̨̖͓o̧͖͙͠͡r̶̳̗̫̠̯̰̰̹̀ ̛̘̰̫̪̱́́ͅp͕͚͕̠o̙̞͓̲̖w̨̜̞͜͡e͡͏͓͙̤̞͔̳ͅr̶̴̤̟.͙̳̦̮̣̬ͅ

Idols function much like Eidolons. They have a reduced cost, compared to natural Eidolons, but often a detriment. These detriments come into effect when the Idol is summoned, and may persist through the remainder of combat. Idols cannot ever be group summoned, and costs and detriments only apply to the summoning character.

Ȉ̵̃d͐͟o͓̥͉͇̣̎̈́̉ͨͯ̐lͪ̿͘s̘̲̻͓ͮ̃ͅ ̷̠̱͎̒̓̒̎c̘̈́ͥ̾̋̉aͦ͋̑̎ͩ͌͗҉͇̦̩͈̲nͨ
;̹̎̇͊̆͂ͅ ̮̭̭̃ͬ̀́̋ͪ̒ͅe͎̤͓̽ͥ̂̎ͯṽ͇̲̭̹̖̠̐e̬͒͒̈n͔̣̦̼̝͌̄̎͑͌̚t͗ͫu̪̻̠aU
9;̯̱̤̞̟͉̉͘l͍̟̭̯̟̽͋ͦͧl̨̥̩̂̿ỷ̪ͯ̓ͦ͗͊ s̭̥͆̈́̈ͤ͘͢t͍̯͙̞̩͍̺̗ͥͧͥͮ̄ͫ̋̅a̙̺ͧ͑ͭ̋͆ͦ̚͠b̟ͫ̈́̂̎̉i̷ͭͮͮͭ̏́͞
;̤̭̬͖̠̭l͇̩̭̫͗ì̪̮̉ͨ̈͗̽ͭ̑̓z̖̭̱͔̘̜̍͋̊̍̉̆̈́ẻ̛̺͕̫̇͋̄ͭ̆ ̢̗͓͚͐̿̀a&#
781;̡̯̱͉ͯ͑ͥ̾̎̀͟n̬̻͚̠͉̻͈ͪ̉͒́̈́d̴͔̹̰̻̟̦̼̠̗́͋̑̋̑̃̉
; ̧͒̊͛̉ͦ͏̶͙̬͖l̢̥̜͙̯̓͝o̤͆͞s̷̢͖͖̮̺̲͔͕̍͢ḛ̵̛ͫ̇͊͛ͫ̇ͦ͐͢ ̩̈͂͐̈̌̿͡t̳̥̰̅ͩ̿̄̾́̒͡ḥ͕̝̣̞̏̑͘͟͠ȩ̯̱̥̥͈͍̯ͤ̒ͣͩ͞i͖̗̣̩͒̉͘r̘̗̪̼̒̔̌̕ d̍̈́́̂̽ͬ&
#859;̖͚̤̦̦̼̦̖̱̘̹̠̼̎̉̂̏̓̾̉̚͠ͅḙ̴͔̪̹̬ͤͧ̃̽ͯ̄͒̏ͅͅtͣ̽͊͑̃̉̐͆͏̷̯̩̜̥̰͎̪̫̹͓̝́͟͝ͅr̴̵͕̖̖͚̟̬͇̼̤͐̄̆̒ͮͨ̿ͬ̓͞͡í̷ͤͭ̒͑͂̌̋ͯ͆ͫ͒͘͠͞
̖͙̼͓̖̟̥̫͈̜̩͍͔ͅm̓͆ͮ́̋͊ͯ
̴̵̗͖̥͔͚̼̝̜̱̹̲͉͓̻̮͕ͦ̔̔͑͊̀͒̈͘̕͠ę͎̩̻̠̣̻̩͕̭̠̠͉̣͚͐̐̓̐̍̕͜͡n̢̒̓̉̆̈́͂ͦ͐̈́ͥ̅̀ͣ́͜V
0;̪̳̱̲͈͓͙̤̱̼͓̹
;̣̺̪̟͕ͅt̶̨͕̳̼̭̭͙̗̓̈̆̓̎̐͐͛́͝͞͝
;̴͏̬̪̜̫̳̱̭ͅh́ͯ͋̾͂͛̑ͩW
3;͙͔͈̗̙͉̫̎ͩ͗̿̚͟͝êͧ̐͒̀V

8;̨͎̼̟̠͙͓̱̞̮͍͑̿̀̆̽̿̚͟͝ͅi̷̵̢̖͉̪͙͎͓̟̠̠̙͓̭̩ͭ̿̏͌͑ͧ́̀ͅṟ̟̘̭̼͕̼͆ͩ͐ͤ̉̎͘͞ ̷̡̲̙̰͈̭̤̭͚͗ͧ̒̓͂̊͆ͦ̇̄̽͒d̾͐̈́ͬ&#
774;̍͝͏̴̨̜͕͎̞̯͈͓̝͈̜̮͔̥̩͡e̢̧̫̗͔̹̣̝̰̪ͤ̈́ͩͯ̍́͌v̸̛̦͈̹̯̜̰̟̱̗͔ͩ̒̅ͨͪ͘͜ō̷̎̈́̾̀
61;̪
;̻̗̣͙̜̼͇̠̺̫tͣ́̿ͩ́̋̋̆͊́̊̍͐̏͊̊̇̀҉͍͎̜̥̝͈̫̦̰i̛͈̖͈͑́͐ͧͦͭͤͫ͂͛͑̿̑ͤ́͘͜͜&
#826;͎̲̖̼͓͕͕͈̮̝̙̜̩̙ȍ̶ͦ̿͆̉̽͒̉̌̍ͮ̿̚͏͙̥̰̥̦̩̘̝̯̞̖͇͎ņ̧̣͓̖͖͓͓̫̙̺̖̖͇̗̰͉̪̈ͭ̔ͯ͛ͥͣ͜ͅ ̡̛̲̤͚̜̘͔̞̤̗̘̯͎̦̺̞͇̼ͩ͊̏͆ͬͦͦͫ̇͢ͅi̵ͧ̐͌̈́̃͐̇̑ͮͥ̋͐́͆͛̐̓̕͠&

#863;
͕͖̦̼͙͉͢s̵͕̮̫̝̔̉ͮ̾̊̂̍͊ͪ̌͗ͦ̏́̚͟ ̨̜͔̔ͪͣ̾̏́́Q
9;̫̟͎̜͍͉̣fͥM
4;̡ͩ̌ͧͫ̍͑̂ͧ̆҉̨̡͍̱͎̩̞͝u͊̈͐̇͐ͤ̒ͪ̎ͮ̚&

875;ͮ͛̽̉͗ͫ͏̸̰̪̹̖̜̼͉͕̫͎̟̯̞̪̫̥̩̙̰l͊ͭ

88;̴̡̢͕̘̳̠͙̩̗͉̻̞͖̩͙̮̐̎́̅ͣf̷̥̺̞̤̘͚̹̏͂̉ͫ̋͌̀̔ͫ̄̈́̎͗̐ͤͨ̀̚͘͝

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 14, 2015

• Locked thread