Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Do I get a decode if I come across Idol stuff and have some type of Ancient Language skill specified for their operations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.

aldantefax posted:

Do I get a decode if I come across Idol stuff and have some type of Ancient Language skill specified for their operations?

Maybe! the Synthicite itself you'll be able to identify at a glance though.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 14, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wagner Coldriver
"The Ragged Knight"

"In the fires that burned Theobrom, I saw the gods, and they all spat in my face."

Race: Human
Class: Paladin

quote:

PWR: 7
RES: 9
DEX: 2
MND: 7

Destiny: 1
Force: 4
Finesse: 2

HP: 31
MP: 9
ARM: 10
M.ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 6

Abilities
Innate- Cover
Orlandeau's Strike
Last Stand

Spells
Cure

Skills
Athletics 3
Awareness 3
Healing 3
Language- Ancients 2
Lore- Gods of the Crystal Spires 3
Negotiation 3
Systems 3

Equipment
Tier 1 weapon: Stranger's Sword (property: Reliable)
Tier 1 armor: Patchwork Armor (heavy)
Tier 2 shield: Kelestran Army Shield (property: SOS-Protect)
5 Potions

On a clear day in the prosperous city-states of midlands, where the people enjoy the blessings of the Earth Crystal, the sun refracts through the crystal spires that top every building in the Holy City of Kelestra and casts multicolored rays. The city spreads out from a great hilltop which was, according to legend, where the ancestors of the five Founding Families met to watch the gods descend from the sky. These same five families have ruled the city for all of its recorded history, building a great and powerful city that took the words of the Gods of the Crystal Spires, who they claim they will one day reach as the city grows, and surrounded them with mighty walls.

Decades ago, a boy named Wagner Coldriver sat on the wall that surrounded the city and watched as the city's most elite soldiers, the Hundred Hands, marched through the front gate of the city, planted their feet, and turned aside the wicked monsters who wanted to tear down his home. Wagner said his goodbyes to his parents and went to join the army as a Squire. He carried nothing but a training sword, the clothes on his back and a fire in his stomach.

Many years ago, a young man called Sir Wagner was greeted with a roaring crowd as he accepted the title of Paladin and a place of honor in the Hundred Hands. High Priestess Cella herself presented him with a spear that gleamed like ivory in the sun as he raised it in triumph. He swore three oaths: one to honor the gods and the crystals they gifted the earth with, one to protect Kelestra and its people, and one to himself that he buried deep down inside.

Years ago, a middle-aged man often called Dad smiled as his son Rudolf made his first mistake as a Squire. Having watched his father pull the white and gold armor off the rack hundreds of times with ease, he was unprepared for its weight and topped to the side with a loud crash. Wagner and his wife Katrina both had laugh at the red-faced boy's expense before getting him back to his feet.

When things got bad, real bad, a while ago, Lord Commander Wagner the Fearless screamed in the impassive faces of all five of the Founding Families' leaders. If the Holy City was not willing to reach its hand out to its followers in a time of need, it was betraying the teachings of the Gods they claimed to worship. Unanimously, they shook their heads and voted to seal the gates. When he threw his lance down and stormed out, Wagner was met by the rest of the Hundred Hands outside the door. None of them wanted to stand by either. If things were getting that bad outside, they would go to the source of the problem and stop it. All of them swore to do right by the Gods and the People. Wagner said goodbye to his family and the Hundred Hands rode for Theobrom. Then the fires devoured the sky for a full, horrible night that left inky black smudges over the crystal spires of Kelestra City.

Two days ago, Wagner Coldriver woke up in the no-man's land outside Theobrom. His entire body hurt all over, covered in bandages and a great ragged cloak that covered much of his body. His armor, once as bright and sharp as the crystal spires, was now made of a patchwork of scavenged bits of chainmail, leather and plate worked together into a functioning facsimile of protective gear. The steel guardsman's spear he had acquired on the ride up was now pockmarked with wear as if it were a stick chewed by an animal, useless and brittle. But his shield... he felt its presence reassuringly on his arm. Whatever had happened, he'd gone down fighting. Wagner found a simple cross-hilted sword stuck in the dirt nearby. He found it suitable. Now all that was left was to follow the oath he'd sworn to himself: never stay down.

Yesterday, the Ragged Knight learned that most of the powers that he'd come to rely on as a Paladin had left him. He'd tried to envelop himself in a protective aura as he'd done in many desperate situations and found that when he reached back for that ability, it was no longer there. It felt as if he'd lost a limb without noticing it. When the mistake had cost him and left him hurt, he found he could only muster the weakest of his healing spells to patch himself up. The Ragged Knight wasn't sure what happened, only that when he knelt and tried to focus, as he always did when attempting to invoke new skills, on the Gods and the sight of the sun through the crystal spires, all he could feel was the white hot fires of Theobrom all over his body. He also found that the bandages all over his hands made him clumsy, but after an experiment with removing them, he found that was not an acceptable choice at this time.

Today, a stranger covered in bandages and rags walked into town.

Goals:
1. Discover what happened to him in Theobrom
2. Find the rest of the Hundred Hands
3. Return to the Holy City of Kelestra
4. Recover his strength

I have some more ideas for later hooks and development but I don't know how far you want me to run down. Basically he has a few personal mysteries to unravel that, as he progresses, could easily be linked to character advancement because he could reclaim lost abilities and discover how the thing that happened has changed him. Depending on how he does figuring things out, his eventual return to to his home city could be wildly different. Does he return incognito, as a guy with limited means and power, or as a shining golden god as when he left? How has the city fared in his absence, with the war and relying on their regular army alone? There could also be a feud with the city leadership in there which the rest of the party could get drawn into.

e: I am on Pacific time, if that should come up for IRC-related reasons

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 18, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Berry
"We won't know until we try!"

Race: Hume
Job: Red Mage

When Theobrom fell it was a great warning to all just what the dangers of magicite usage could be. It's raw, untamed power finally flashing through, showing the world how foolish they were for ever thinking they had mastered it. Few if any who saw the devastation could be told afterwards that it had all been worth it. Yes, clearly, it was a grand lesson to all people to be more orderly and careful when it comes to the crystals.

Well, most people. Certainly not THIS person. This person is real bad at learning actual lessons.

There are many reasons to become a magpie. Most of them boil down to simple greed - but for one enterprising red mage, magicite means so much more. Always a believer of experience over academics, Berry graduated very distinctly without honors from his academy (and may have been half-hungover at his own graduation) and immediately set about to learn all that he could given his belief system - by traveling the world. Every step of the way he encountered magicite, and grew more and more curious about it. How did it work? How did it form? Why did synthetic magicite fail - and can we make it gain, but better, and less dangerous? After all, if those stuffy black mages with their dumb creepy eyes couldn't figure it out, how much of a triumph would it be for him to? And what better way to continue his "studies" of magic then to learn it directly from the source? Not to mention how much it rankled at him to be presented with something he didn't know about. A few years, several healed wounds (carefully healed to leave no scars), one neigh unreadable Vieran tattoo on his lower left back, and several paramours later, Berry is no closer to learning the secrets of magicite - but that only means it's time to try twice as hard!

Berry loves to brag about having been everywhere and experienced everything - though he always seems to have something new he wants to do at any given local. Always willing to give just about anything at least one try, he counts himself a true global citizen and tends to be vague about where he used to live and graduated from before his current lifestyle. It's hard to tell which of his stories are true, which involve a good amount of bragging, and which are just outright nonsense, though it's clear he knows at least a little bit about anything. His stories always cast him in the most favorable position, especially when he ended up not quite being the hero he brags about being. He is charming, or at least thinks of himself as charming, which can be the same thing as actually being charming in a pinch. For all his scoffing and scorn at traditional magical traditions, he is fantastic at making it after suitable amounts of faking it, and can pull a surprising amount of magic out of his behind when necessity calls - just don't ask him how he managed to do it. By the same token he is a liar, a thief, an absolute scoundrel, a sweet talker, and grave robber. Or adventurer, because hey, sometimes, same thing.

Goals:
1) I want to learn ALL the secrets of magicite!
2) I'm dying to know if I'm your type... :love:
3) I suppose general heroism could be a...distant third.

quote:

Attributes
Power - 2
Resolve - 5
Dexterity - 8
Mind - 10

Force: 1
Finesse: 4

HP: 19
MP: 14
AVD: 8
ARM: 8
M.ARM: 8

Skills
Athletics - 5
Lore (EVERYTHING) - 5
Negotiation - 5
Language - 5
Perform - 2

Abilities
Innate: Encyclopedic
Charismagic
Sagacity

Equipment
Simple Red Jacket (Tier 1 Medium)
Staff (Tier 1 Arcane)
Slotted Buckler (Tier 2 Shield; magicite slot)
Gil: 100

Spells
Burn Ray
Ruse

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 19, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ari
"Revenge doesn't stop."

Race: Half-Dragon
Job: Geomancer

No one lives in the Drenas Desert, they say. The conditions would kill even the stoutest man - impossibly hot, filled with monsters, so vast that if you lose your way for a second you'll never find it again. Even after the explosion, Drenas is still the most treacherous part of Theobrom.

They're mostly right. No one lives in the Drenas Desert anymore. But they used to.

Ari and her brother, Grant, were raised by their mother in a small village deep in the desert. A baker's dozen people, max. There was the old lady with horns just like Ari's, but besides that, all of them were human - including Ari's mother. Whoever and whatever Ari's father was, she never saw him, but she read the old woman's books enough to find out.

A dragon. Just the word filled her with pride, and a sense of wonder that grew outwards. Her and Grant spent many days simply roaming the desert, coming back before dusk for their mother's sake. They'd been told not to leave the desert, told not to talk to humans they came across, but they were children. Of course being told not to do something made them want to do it even more. They helped travelers out as they came across them, thick cloaks pulled over their heads to hide their horns, wings, and claws, and in time their natural talents grew and grew. Ari grew into using her natural connection to nature to manipulate it. Her brother was much simpler. A strong young man even considering his dragon blood, he began to spend more and more of his time hunting down monsters. Ari helped him, of course - it gave them something to do, and no one in the village complained about the food. Even if they learned that tonberries taste dreadful, and even if the slippery beasts like cactaurs constantly eluded them. Grant always spooked them by charging at them before Ari could get into position.

The explosion - the catastrophe - lit up the night sky one day, close enough that they could feel the force of it rolling across the sands. Ari was only twelve at the time, Grant fourteen. Ari watched in fear - Grant watched in curiosity. What had happened? How were people reacting to it? He wanted to see life beyond the desert.

A few months later, while out hunting, Ari and Grant ran across a group of travelers. They called themselves Magpies, said they were looking for something called magicite - crystals that shone with unnatural light. When Grant mentioned he might know a place - and he was telling the truth, for there were a few caves where it still grew, so deep into the desert that no human had ever found them - the travelers invited him back to their camp. Ari told him not to go. Grant didn't listen, and Ari had to watch him leave, breaking the rules their mother had set.

Ari told her mother, of course, but what could they do? They had no idea where he'd gone with the travelers. They sat and waited for a week, then two weeks - Ari left on a hunt, the first time she'd ever hunted alone.

When she came back, the five or six houses were on fire, the crystals they kept as small trinkets or jewelry plundered, and even the old woman's horns cut off. Grant stood in the flames, the body of their mother at his side, blood on his claws - then turned and left without a word as Ari fell to her knees.

Ever since then, Ari's been hunting him. She's figured out human society, from both experience and from the few books she scavenged from the old woman's library. She knows enough to know what they could have offered Grant - money. Power. Even a purpose. She can understand being curious, she can understand wanting a life outside of the desert...

But none of those excuses will save him from her.

Goals:
1) Hunt down her brother.
2) Find, and speak to, a dragon.
3) See more of the world. She's never been across the sea.
4) Find out what cactaurs taste like.

quote:

Attributes
Power: 8
Resolve: 11
Dexterity: 3
Mind: 5

Force: 4
Finesse: 2

HP: 22/22
MP: 5/5

AVD: 5
ARM: 4
M. ARM: 4

Skills
Awareness: 3
Lore (Monsters): 3
Lore (History): 3
Nature: 3
Scavenge: 3
Athletics: 3
Healing: 2
Language: 2

Abilities
Innate: Geotrance
Force of Nature (Auto-Flight while conscious)
Unusual Species (Half-Dragon, +2 Resolve)

Equipment
Natural Claws (Tier 1 Brawl Weapon)
Padded Leather (Tier 1 Medium Armor)
Brother's Cloak (Tier 1 Fire Ward Accessory)

0 Gil

Don't mind playing over skype or IRC, though I don't have a mic or anything ATM. Timezone is EST, and I'm good from noon to 10.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 18, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Hm. Synth magic seems like it'd be weird for buffs/beneficial spells.

(Also it seems like it promotes running your face into a man while at full health to maximize learning.)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I see no issue with this. We''re final fantasy characters running into stuff face first is the only thing we ever do!

There is some seriously good looking art getting posted up in this thread. I can only hope I can find something that'll meet my needs.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hm. Synth magic seems like it'd be weird for buffs/beneficial spells.

(Also it seems like it promotes running your face into a man while at full health to maximize learning.)

Synthicite doesn't cover buffs or beneficial spells. I should have specified.

(And it does promote that a little bit.)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Taking damage to save time? :v:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just got to the part of the book with blitzball rules.

I guess what I'm asking is do we need to be ready to blitz?

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Just got to the part of the book with blitzball rules.

I guess what I'm asking is do we need to be ready to blitz?

You don't not need to be ready.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Also if I get dual wielding at some point can I equip two shields and just run around smashing the poo poo out of people and being an impenetrable fortress?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I mostly want to say thanks for showing me this system. I was a huge FF fan when I was a kid so this excites me to my inner core. Unfortunately my poo poo internet makes using IRC a living hell so I wont be playing. :smith: But I'm hoping I can get an in-person group going at my local game store.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Also if I get dual wielding at some point can I equip two shields and just run around smashing the poo poo out of people and being an impenetrable fortress?

:ssh: check my character app

Edit: For a real answer, the game rules actually give an example of a Gemini item that's a shield crossed with a weapon. So my app has my character with a shield in one hand, and a gemini shield/brawl weapon in the other. I think, as-written, you can't actually just hit people with a basic shield, there's not even a shield bash ability for paladins, so dual shields kind of gimps you. (Unless you're a Red Mage maybe?) But if you picked up dual wield you could probably dual-wield gemini brawl/shield items and basically do that.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 14, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Oh yeah, forgot about Gemini. I'm just gonna blast people with T.G. Cid moves all day erry day then.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Also, the rules are kind of murky about it, but Radioactive Bear clarified in IRC: If you choose gemini, you have to pay the cost for both items you're melding together. So if you want to gemini a tier 2 shield with a tier 1 weapon, you've gotta pay the 150 for the shield as well as the 150 for the weapon.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I mostly want to say thanks for showing me this system. I was a huge FF fan when I was a kid so this excites me to my inner core. Unfortunately my poo poo internet makes using IRC a living hell so I wont be playing. :smith: But I'm hoping I can get an in-person group going at my local game store.

Good luck! Have fun!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That seems fair. Otherwise Gemini is pretty exploitable, ESPECIALLY if you take DW with how that's resolved.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Anybody want to be a Twin Soul with a straight-talkin' Engineer deserter turned scavenger?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

So many things in this game are exploitable, it's great. We spitballed a few broke builds on IRC last night.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Captain Bravo posted:

So many things in this game are exploitable, it's great. We spitballed a few broke builds on IRC last night.

Well that's just being true to Final Fantasy. Sometimes I lose track of the number of things broken about the Valiant Knife in FF6.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Well that's just being true to Final Fantasy. Sometimes I lose track of the number of things broken about the Valiant Knife in FF6.

Chicken Knife would be great in this game, since there's a Gambler ability that lets you run from battle but still receive full rewards. Just run from every encounter, then when you meet the final boss scream "COWARD POWER ACTIVATE" and one-shot him.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Gamerofthegame posted:

See, I considered that, but then I looked at my HP and how much damage my spells would do, and that put an end to that.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Something has just come up and I don't know if I'm going to have the time for another game, so I'm pulling my hat out of the ring! If you need me to delete my app, that's fine, just lemme know.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Something has just come up and I don't know if I'm going to have the time for another game, so I'm pulling my hat out of the ring! If you need me to delete my app, that's fine, just lemme know.

S'all good, good luck with your stuff guy!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

"Gweh?"

Kukanba, Prince of All Goobbues

Job: Monk

A Goobbue Sproutling from parts unknown. Only says "Gweh?", but somehow imparts basic meaning. Wears a black coat over his shoulders like a cape. Though he carries a sword, he doesn't know how to use it, and discards it immediately in battle, using his fists and brute strength to pummel opponents. His claim to royalty or leadership among Goobbues may be suspect, but none can deny that his golden eyes emanate a distinct nobility.

Goals:
1|Be taken seriously
2|Learn something about leadership
3|Make a friend
4|Become the "King of All Goobbues", whatever that may mean

quote:

---
PWR | 10 | FOR | (P+R)/4=5
RES | 10
DEX | 3 | FIN | (D+M)/4=1
MND | 2
---
HP | (10+30*1)+10= 50
MP | 2+0*1= 2
ACC | 0+1= 1
AVD | 0+5=5
ARM | 0
M.ARM | 0
---
Job Abilities
Innate | Martial Arts
Ability | Unbreakable Form
Ability | Unusual Species: Goobbue
---
Skills
Athletics 1
Inquiry 1

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

"A young monk, tranquil as a summer breeze, furious as a winter storm"

Novitiate Moh

A sister of the Burning Wall. So named for the regular incineration of slain beasts outside its gates, this fortress city has stood since beyond memory. Once presumed to house nearly half a million people, it is now home only to a small abbey of Viera nuns. These souls are sworn to the defense of the border between civilization and the Jagd beyond, scouting for marauding bands of monsters and madmen and taking the battle to them when necessary.

Daughter to the Abbess, Moh was born at the Burning Wall and she knows little else. Her life has been one of strict discipline and high expectations, but she has not permitted it to make her bitter or resentful. The camaraderie with her fellow sisters runs deep, and the day she was tasked to enter into the world and learn of its goings on was the closest she ever came to faltering. In her journey so far, she has come to find there is much turmoil in the world, and she is determined to ease it in what ways she can. Perhaps with a like-minded band of compatriots at her side, if she happens to chance upon some.

Moh is a bit naive, but not exasperatingly so. She might get taken by a smooth talking salesman on occasion, but she is far from a slack-jawed yokel gaping in awe at an airship or the like. Her training has given her a strong inner peace and she prefers to resolve things non-violently if possible. However, when the weapons come out she is not afraid to leap into the thick of things and deliver some pointed lessons in manners. She is always happy to experience new things and meet new people, and it is rare to find her without a sly smile on her face at some new revelation. Though she worries it is unbecoming of a monk, she is very fond of dance of all sorts and indulges herself when possible. Sadly this talent does not carry over to her singing voice, which has been compared unfavorably against the average Marlboro.

Goals:
1) Meet an Esper
Viera have many tales of the great summoned beasts of yore. They call them Espers, and Moh would like the chance to meet one in person.
2) Defeat a mighty magitek weapon
Technology has its uses, but Moh worries people place too much faith in machines over their own strength. She would like to prove the will of an individual can overcome even the mightiest weapon.
3) Uncover the truth behind Theobrom
So many tales these days of the fall of Theobrom. What really happened, and can she aid her allies in finding the answers they seek?
4) Become a worthy successor to her order
As a mere novitiate, Moh has much left to learn. She is determined to return to her family a fine monk of the Order.

pre:
Job: Monk

Attributes
Power - 6
Resolve - 6
Dexterity - 8
Mind - 5

Force: 3
Finesse: 3

HP: 36
MP: 0
AVD: 7
ARM: 0
M.ARM: 0

Skills
Athletics - 4
Awareness - 2
Lore (General) - 1
Nature - 2
Perform - 4
Stealth - 3
Swimming - 2

Abilities
Innate: Martial Arts
Defy Gravity
Passive Fist

Equipment
Metal Knuckle (Tier 1 Brawl Weapon)
Gigas Hoops (Tier 1 Earth Ward Accessory) [A pair of earrings, gifted to her when she departed her monastery]
Potion x 5
Gil: 0
My schedule is unfortunately too hectic for IRC or Skype.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 21, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

"Believe it or not, I've traveled a very long way to get here. And I haven't come alone..."

Lacuna the Lost, Geomancer

You know, Theobrom wasn't as bad as everyone remembers. There was...some dissent, of course. Some murmurs that some of the government was up to something, as I remember, but from where I was at the time it was just...home. Most of it was the same as everywhere else, I imagine, just people living, working, with their friends and families and loved ones. There's a perception now that Theobrom was some great evil empire, but it wasn't like that. Not for everyone there. Not like how I remember it. But maybe I'm just remembering it fondly, or maybe my perceptions were skewed...

I was only six when the catastrophe happened and Theobrom died. I probably should have as well, since I lived there but...something happened. I believe the earth saved me somehow, but I squeezed my eyes shut like my parents asked and when I opened them again, I wasn't on Rhizin anymore. I was somewhere else, somewhere where the sun didn't shine and strange things crept around in the corner of my eye and in the darkness. It was like it was under the earth, but it wasn't home. It wasn't Here, it was There. Elsewhere. Another place. I spent the next twelve years there, my time, more or less. And I would've died, too, if I hadn't met my little friend, here! Say hello, Carbuncle!

"bwrp!"

You recognize Eidolons don't you? As rare as they are. They're not rare There, it's like I had been summoned to where they're from. Most of them are...strange. Well they're all strange, they don't really work like people, obviously. A lot of them are mad - at the Idols, at Sythecite, at Theobrom, and at humans. Most of them wouldn't be happy to find a human in their territory, even a child. And they weren't. Well, anyway, luckily Carbuncle's different. Carbuncle kept me safe, and I learned how to survive, there. It was a long road, mastering what it is I can do, there, but I did it, somehow. And just last week, something happened - Carbuncle and I were hunting a Cactuar - they're fast, for sure, but if you pick off the spines the fruit is pretty tasty and they've got a lot of water, you know - when something...changed, and it was like we were tumbling between places.

And then we woke up here, and apparently, it hasn't been twelve years since the Catastrophe, just a couple. So, I'm not sure how that works really, but I guess time moves faster where I was, where Carbuncle's from. Luckily, he followed me here, or got brought here with me. Good thing, too, because now that I'm here I have some plans, and I'll need his help.

...and maybe the help of some of the spookier things from back there, too, if I can figure out how to get them here.

quote:

Name: Lacuna
Job: Geomancer
Race: Hume

Attributes:
PWR 6
RES 6
DEX 6
MND 7

Force: 3
Finesse: 3

HP: 24
MP: 0

AVD: 6
ACC: 1

ARM: 2
M.ARM: 6

Gil: 190

Burrower's Claw (Tier 1 Weapon, Brawl) - I don't have a name for these guys but we learned a lot from them while we were There - they dig into the ground to avoid danger, which is pretty clever of them.

Scavenged Furs & Feathers (Tier 1 Armor, Light) - The robes bit is what I was wearing when I got There, or what's left of it. The rest is just fur and feathers and stuff I could collect from stuff we found.

3 Tonics (Tier 1 Consumable, HP Restore) - There seems a lot closer to where Magicite and stuff like that comes from, I think. Anyway, a lot of the streams There have weird properties, and a few are good for keeping you healthy. You just have to know which ones.

Job Abilities:
Geotrance
Home Terrain (Underground)
Grand Summoner (Carbuncle)

Athletics 2
Healing 3
Language 2
Lore (Magic) 4
Nature 4
Scavenge 2
Stealth 4
Swimming 1

Goals:
1. Find out what happened to my family
2. Heal the lands of Theobrom
3. End Synthicite's Threat
4. Free the Idols or end them

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 15, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i nominate myself for 'most likely to get a spinoff sequel that is trying way too hard'

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Endorph posted:

i nominate myself for 'most likely to get a spinoff sequel that is trying way too hard'

On that note, my character's a shoe-in for the inevitable Mystery Dungeon crossover title.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Man, I'll be glad if I can get the 'cameo for some spin-off's game crafting part'

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I will probably show up in some weird mobile prequel deal only released in Japan.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I will be the star of a bunch of terrible fan fiction where all my injuries get healed by a mysterious woman with eyes that change color depending on her mood and now I am an effeminate teenage boy and I leave my wife who is awful for her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll be in the Picross game.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'll be in the sequel to the fighting game.

edit: actually I'll be a minor character in the massively popular crossover series, but only in the intro to the first game. After that, there will be npcs using vaguely similar models to my own

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 15, 2015

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Didn't go the easy route, and nominate yourself for 'game exclusively setting up the backstory to that one cool flashback in the main game that didn't need extra exposition?'

Shame, ya'll. Also, that's me. :colbert:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I'm a side character in the poorly received direct sequel known for its fanservice.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Joke's on you, we're all going to be in poorly-recieved spinoffs.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
if you're good and become popular enough with fans, a character in the MMO might get named after you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Where as I will be that character with a massively over elaborated and focused on background that gets forced into every game because the writer's wife's sister thinks he's cool and so everyone ether falls in line and thinks 'wow, so awesome!' or hates my guts until the end of time!

That's right people

I'm final fantasy Sasuke Unchiha.

• Locked thread