Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Smashing CRT TVs is pretty fun. Not 75 dollars worth of fun though, maybe you could negotiate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

Theyre pretty hard to smash actually without a big sledgehammer. The glass is thick and then there's a huge magnet inside

It's wonderful. Like a pinata filled with broken glass and old circuits

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sperglord Firecock posted:

this applies to every single product ever

my mother, for instance, likes to insist that her rusty, slowly falling to pieces acura mdx is somehow still worth 6k after 200k miles of abuse

i sold a flat screen tv that had a dvd player mounted in it for like 25$, and the person who gifted it to me was appalled that i sold a tv that was 400$ when it was new (2008)

poo poo holds zero monetary value nowadays

I tried to buy a washing machine of Craigslist last year, in the ad the guy wrote it was from 2012.

So I drive out to his house, turns out the washing machine was actually from 2003, but he replaced the wash tub in 2012 making it "good as new". He wanted $350 for it and showed me the yellowed 11 year old receipt so I could see he paid $900 for it originally.

It'd be cool if there was a filter on craigslist that removed all the crackheads and baby boomers with piles of decade old receipts.

• Locked thread