Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

So hyped. Iron Man Aerostar owns. Mercenary luchador owns. Everything owns.

I'm really curious what the story behind the red bull statue is going to be. They made a point of it at the end montage of Ultima Lucha.

This is one wrestling show where I honestly wouldn't mind if they increased the amount of backstage segments. Having a full dramatized throughline in each episode would be great in this format. Not to push the wrestling into the background, just to ramp up the plot a bit more, in a way that no other promotion does.

Didn't Melina get kicked out too?

I wanna say that the red bull statue is just an easter egg for the fans, and..someone gave it to the guy who plays Dario in real life, and it ended up in his office? I can't remember where I read the story behind it, though.

Also, I want to point out that the lesson other promotions can learn from Lucha Underground (and NXT, for that matter) is that yes, they have the advantage of being taped beforehand, and only a few writers..and a hardcore audience..but BASIC STORYTELLING WORKS, and you can do that regardless. Hell, I thought Aerostar was a jobber for the longest time, and by the end? I literally would have watched 'man who's a wrestler and also a spaceship and man who's a ninja, but also a literal dragon have friendship adventures' the t.v. show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread