Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm loving hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pentagon/Vampiro was practically tame by CZW standards

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright, I took the plunge with Fubo for Season 2. I'm also a soccer nerd who really wants to follow the Portuguese and Brazilian leagues, so this seems like a win-win for me.

Also, El Rey has so much awesome grindhouse stuff I'll get my money's worth even without LU.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've said it in here a couple times but I've been very impressed by Fubo's quality. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sling but it's a very consistent high-quality stream.

Yeah, I did one of their free trials a year ago to watch some random soccer cup I already forgot about, and the video quality was solid. This is a good, legit site.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A lot of episodes got yanked from YouTube/Daily Motion in a short span without notice, which led people to believe that some kind of VOD deal was in the works, but I've heard nothing since then.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sexy Star isn't a good wrestler but I think they did a pretty good job hiding her limitations, and she got over, which is the end goal either way.

The only obvious misstep was letting her pin Pentagon clean, but even the writers admitted that they didn't realize how hot Pentagon would get when they taped that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of writers, have they ever explained how the LU creative staff works? I remember hearing something about how they have a handful of legit TV veterans who write storylines, and then run it through guys like Konnan and Chavo who helped road-agent the matches and tried to make those stories fit into a pro wrestling context, but I don't think that was actually confirmed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

minoru suzuki posted:

i dont know what this means but i get el rey as an over-the-air station here in austin now as a sub-channel to Bounce

This means you get one of the best channels on the air.

They've been doing a Shaw Brothers kung-fu marathon all day and it's filling me with joy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
El Rey has a marathon tonight.

Watching Alberto Del Rio get the biggest reactions on the show is pretty funny in hindsight.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Konnan coming back in S2? I miss the Pimp Cane of Death.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

Well, I haven't seen him do anything in-ring at the tapings. But I don't know if he's taped any backstage stuff. And he could always make a surprise return at Ultima Lucha 2

Makes sense, thanks.

Also, Mundo/Texano on the go-home show is criminally underrated. Or least it was until The Crew ruined it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, Texano's good but he never really found a spot on the card. It feels like they just brought him in to cross-promote his AAA feud with Alberto, and then ran out of ideas once that ran its course.

• Locked thread