Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So hyped. Iron Man Aerostar owns. Mercenary luchador owns. Everything owns.

I'm really curious what the story behind the red bull statue is going to be. They made a point of it at the end montage of Ultima Lucha.

This is one wrestling show where I honestly wouldn't mind if they increased the amount of backstage segments. Having a full dramatized throughline in each episode would be great in this format. Not to push the wrestling into the background, just to ramp up the plot a bit more, in a way that no other promotion does.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Who is not coming back?
Didn't Melina get kicked out too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mil Muertes is the man of 1000 deaths. You'd have to kill him a lot more times for that to happen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

Son of Havok, Ivelisse, and Angelico which are "disfunctional mismatched underdog losers won it all." Setting aside all the crazy gimmicks, they stick to fairly basic wrestling principles.

Also they're bikers, though one of them is more into motocross than Harleys.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny because before Paige was calling herself the Anti-Diva, her and Ivelisse had an alliance called the Anti-Diva Army. So anytime they call Paige that, they're technically also referencing Ivelisse.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That first spoilered debut = :dance:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How did they capture Jack Evans' douchebag smirk so accurately

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Everyone blames Matanza for the grisly murders of a bunch of jobbers, until Dario Cueto using a new detective gimmick puts together that all of them happened on full moons.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

fart blood posted:

So far I dig it. I actually like the hamminess of the backstage segments because they just said "gently caress it" and went all out treating it like a bad Robert Rodriguez film instead of the "this is supposed to be real but there's a camera here and we aren't supposed to see it" style that's been a thing in wrestling for the past 20 years or so. I prefer more realism but if you're going to throw illusions out the window, just go all the way. So I like it.

Haha, if you like that, just wait. It goes waaaaay off the rails as the season progresses.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I genuinely feel that Fox should cast Brian Cage as Cable in a Deadpool sequel. He's the most Liefeldian man I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Machine They Call Him Cable

• Locked thread