Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth to $70k. (Currently @ $55k.) It will be a bit of a stretch, but that's the point!

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining.

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately!

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k.

5. No credit card debt.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car.

(Edited to make 2 tougher and added goal 6.)

spinst fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Progress:

1. Raise my net worth to $70k. (Currently @ $55k.) It will be a bit of a stretch, but that's the point! $59.5k. Will see a big drop next month when I pay for tuition! Part of the plan.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $1380/$5400. Threw a lot of money at it the last two months. Looking like a payoff date of February 2017, which will be 22 months early.

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! $1k in the vacay fund.

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. DONE as of today! Saved $3100. :)

5. No credit card debt. On track.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $100/$1500. My (5 year old) laptop is starting to act interesting, so this money may get rerouted if it completely craps out.

spinst fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 27, 2016

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

End of Quarter 1 Progress:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $58k. Drop due to tuition paid in cash! I never thought I'd be able to pay for tuition in cash. Amazing!

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $1780/$5400. Aw yeah.

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! $1.6k in the vacay fund.

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. Paid for my tuition today!

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $535/$1500. Likely becoming a laptop fund. Battery is shot and graphics card is going! Since I'm killing the goal right now, I may be able to pay for the laptop and still hit this goal. :3:

Killin' it.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $60.5k

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $2680/$5400. I just might end up paying this puppy off before the end of the year.

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! $1.5k in the vacay fund. Spent a little over Spring Break to see some friends. Much needed.

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. Turns out, I am part time this semester, so I got a $680 refund. Put $100 towards Goal 1, $300 towards Goal 6 and of course got a emergency vet bill for $250. Good timing.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $850/$1500. Likely becoming a laptop fund.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $61.7k. Not sure I'm going to hit this one.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $3080/$5400. Doing well!

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! $1.6k in the vacay fund. Buuuuut I decided to teach Summer School. :(

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. DONE

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1074/$1500. Aw yeah.

Doing well. I decided to teach Summer School so I could afford to buy a new laptop without raiding any of the progress I have made. Should also have some extra to throw at the car which is nice.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $61.7k. Not sure I'm going to hit this one.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $3080/$5400. Doing well!

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! $1.6k in the vacay fund. Buuuuut I decided to teach Summer School. :(

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1074/$1500. Aw yeah.

Doing well. I decided to teach Summer School so I could afford to buy a new laptop without raiding any of the progress I have made. Should also have some extra to throw at the car which is nice.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $62.7k. Not sure I'm going to hit this one.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $3450/$5400. Doing well!

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! Renting a cabin on San Juan Island for two days in August. :)

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1250/$1500. Aw yeah.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

pig slut lisa posted:

Enjoy! I always enjoy hearing about people's vacations in this thread. Doing anything particular out there or just taking it easy?

Orca watching, maybe some kayaking... just need to get away for a few days!

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $63.5k. Slow going, for now.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $3450/$5400. Doing well!

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! DONE! Spent two lovely days in a cabin on San Juan Island.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1400/$1500. Aw yeah.

This upcoming week I will finish my Masters degree, which will bump my pay by $3600/yr. And my new position that starts in September includes a 9% raise. With all that I will net roughly ~600 more per month. These goals will get set on fire the last few months of 2016!

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $65k. Whoa! Maybe I will hit this one!

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $4480/$5400. I'm going to murder this goal.

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! DONE! Took very short but relaxing vacay on San Juan Island.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1800/$1500. DONE! Aw yeah - gonna keep going.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

:3: babieeeees

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $66.9k.

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $5080/$5400. I think I'm going to pay the car off by the end of the year. :)

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! DONE! Took very short but relaxing vacay on San Juan Island.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $2100/$1500. DONE! Aw yeah - gonna keep going.

Go me!

spinst fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 30, 2016

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $69.7k

2. Pay off $5.4k of my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $6280/$5400. Next payment will pay off the car. :)

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! DONE! Took a very short but relaxing vacay on San Juan Island.

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. Edit: $1000/$1500. Just ordered the new laptop I've been sorely needing, which I am paying for using funds from this goal and cash back rewards I've been saving up. Still will hit this goal in the next two months, though!

spinst fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 30, 2016

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Goals:

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $72.3k. DONE!

2. Pay off my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $6712 paid. Car is paid off. I am debt free! DONE!

3. Do something vacation-y this summer without taking on debt. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I need one desperately! DONE! Took a very short but relaxing vacay on San Juan Island.

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. DONE!

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $1850/$1500. DONE!

I did good! All my goals are met with a month to go. Of course, I made these goals before I got a new position at work that pays $500 more a month. Time to start thinking about 2017's goals...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Final Update!!

1. Raise my net worth from $55k to $70k. $72.9k. DONE!

2. Pay off my car loan, which has $6.6k remaining. $6712 paid. Car is paid off. I am debt free! DONE!

4. Pay for my last semester of grad school in cash. $3k. DONE!

5. No credit card debt. DONE!

6. Stretch Goal: Start saving for a house. A nominal amount, say $1500, just to get my morale going while I finish paying off the car. $2730/$1500. DONE!

Met all my goals! :)

• Locked thread