Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't like mets vote post and not a fan o the convenient "well guess I'm dying tomorrow" bit. I haven't looked back at the flavor but does it indicate poison? Feels weird I would be a doc who could only stop one bird strike kill and nothing else

A flavor PM at the end of the last phase says I'm coming down with a cold and the flavor of my ability references sickness. I assume the Poisoner is Pestilence flavored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Doctor is significantly more likely than Poison Doctor. ##vote Met

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met posted:

A flavor PM at the end of the last phase says I'm coming down with a cold and the flavor of my ability references sickness. I assume the Poisoner is Pestilence flavored.

I meant the kill flavor, but now I see they all just say "killed" so that's sort of a dead end.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Epsilon Plus posted:

Doctor is significantly more likely than Poison Doctor. ##vote Met

Not necessarily, it is also partially explained by there being no N1 kill.
Tending to believe Met a lot more at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Not necessarily, it is also partially explained by there being no N1 kill.
Tending to believe Met a lot more at this point.

Are you saying that you don't believe me?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

Are you saying that you don't believe me?

I'm wary of Poison Doc claims because there is so much potential for good and fun fakeclaiming.
But otoh it explains the lack of N1 scum kill!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I'm wary of Poison Doc claims because there is so much potential for good and fun fakeclaiming.
But otoh it explains the lack of N1 scum kill!

Yes but do you think I'm a doctor

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes but do you think I'm a doctor

It's possible.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal being a doctor is infinitely more likely than Met being a poison doctor because Met is a liar.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

way to take some solid stances there birdstrike

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hal being a doctor is infinitely more likely than Met being a poison doctor because Met is a liar.

Okay? Do you have anything else for that because you aren't making any real argument here.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

way to take some solid stances there birdstrike

go slow for mylo

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Finally home from the holidays, and there's a shitload to catch up on this time.

Met posted:

spacing in vienna is just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk with the strategy and always in the discussion but hasn't been dealt with via nightkill.

Randomly: I dunno why, but I don't get NK'd a lot. I died N1 of GOP Primary mafia and that's the first time I've ever died N1.

Met posted:

I believe the Mafia kill is poison. I suspect this because I'm a Poison Doctor. If I target someone the night they were poisoned, they don't die the night after. I can use it each night and I can't self-target. I breadcrumbed it:

I have never seen the role Poison Doctor before, and I am not sure what to make of your claim, especially now that Hal counterclaimed straight doc. Two docs in a game, one with restrictions, seems like a lot, unless you're there to counter a particular role like an SK. But SK really doesn't work with how few NKs we've had.

Met posted:

Targets
N1: spacing in vienna
N2: TMMadman
N3: Epsilon Plus

Can you explain the reasoning for your targets?

imgay posted:

3 town+2 scum+me, and I can win with either team. its lylo and if town lynches me they lose

This would be a brilliant play if you were scum trying to avoid being lynched. But I think I believe you for now, which means we have bigger fish to fry.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Something about this is bullshit. Am I the only one who thinks breadcrumbs are the stupidest thing in mafia?

I do not like this post. Being skeptical of Met's claim after Hal counterclaimed makes sense. Right here, you're just throwing out vague smoke against an un-counterclaimed doc, in mylo, because ... of a breadcrumb?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I'm a bit busy today but I will be home tonight. My feel is that spacing is my top scum choice.

Why?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't like mets vote post and not a fan o the convenient "well guess I'm dying tomorrow" bit. I haven't looked back at the flavor but does it indicate poison? Feels weird I would be a doc who could only stop one bird strike kill and nothing else

Flavor never indicated poison that I can tell. Two docs, if legit, makes me think we'd have to have mafia and an SK, and one doc just handles the SK, but we've got a low body count for that.

The only other explanation I can think of is a little out there, and I should probably stick to Occam's razor.

I was going to ask you to claim your targets and just realized you did -- I thought you hadn't named all of them but that was me not realizing it's only D4.

Birdstrike posted:

go slow for mylo

I agree with this -- throwing votes around is dangerous.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

I was going to ask you to claim your targets and just realized you did -- I thought you hadn't named all of them but that was me not realizing it's only D4.

Mafia edit: can you give reasoning for your targets? Not the self-protects, those are obvious.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think scum poisoner makes sense and explains the lack of n1 scum kill. This makes me believe Met for now.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ridiculous concept: Met comes up with poison doctor because he is the poisoner. He knows he can fakeclaim poison doctor because it's a ridiculous role for this small of a setup with other nightkills available.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ridiculous concept: Met comes up with poison doctor because he is the poisoner. He knows he can fakeclaim poison doctor because it's a ridiculous role for this small of a setup with other nightkills available.

Why was there no n1 nightkill?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hal says he a doctor, could be why

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could see imgay as a poisoner and met as who knows what alignment poison doctor.

Scum having only a poisoner seems a little hard to buy, especially since I am a regular old doctor and seemingly I could only stop one kill from birdstrike if scum only had a poisoner.

Also it is weird no one has mentioned having a common cold or anything on D2 or D3. It's possible on D3 one of the three dead people could also have been poisoned but that's a weird thing to omit if someone got poisoned on N1.

Also who knows what Vimes did, but in most other games with a poisoner if there were someone who could cure it they could do it the NEXT night and didn't have to be there the same night. Met could be just altering his role a bit and he can save the next night and saved some scumbro who got poisoned N1.

I am still going to go over post histories because that's still what matters, but even if you believe Met's claim that doesn't clear him as town. Also survivor with no other powers is pretty rough in a game with as many kills as we seem to have here so imgay's claim is very suspect to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

This also makes at least as much sense as what I just said

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

hal says he a doctor, could be why

yes, this or some other role that we haven't seen yet.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My claims isnt suspect as no one else has claimed 3p and no one else will. And because town hasn't lost yet.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't blow my load out of the blue here. I'm pretty sure I can see my death coming and I revealed everything I knew and my suspicions for what's going on.

As for my targets, Night 1 was Vienna because he wasn't on the Turbo. I don't remember TMM. I think I just liked the cut of his jib that day. I can't easily scroll the thread right now to see what it was. Epsilon Plus was because I thought it would be odd if two Mafia got mod killed on the same day. Felt like a safe bet.

I've already revealed all I got here. I called for not turboing when Kash was at -1 because it doesn't do us any good to cut the phase off days early. Could have voted him out and been jokey and simply looked like everyone else.

Hal, what can you tell me about your role? I echo others sentiment that it's odd to have two Doctor roles if the mafia use poison. You would only be useful to protect people from Birdstrike (some sort of multi-vig town?) making bad calls? Or hindering him making good calls.

Worst case I think we should no lynch to extend the game as much as possible.

Let's push this day phase as long as we can. We have plenty of time to puzzle things through.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met posted:

I didn't blow my load out of the blue here. I'm pretty sure I can see my death coming and I revealed everything I knew and my suspicions for what's going on.

As for my targets, Night 1 was Vienna because he wasn't on the Turbo. I don't remember TMM. I think I just liked the cut of his jib that day. I can't easily scroll the thread right now to see what it was. Epsilon Plus was because I thought it would be odd if two Mafia got mod killed on the same day. Felt like a safe bet.

I've already revealed all I got here. I called for not turboing when Kash was at -1 because it doesn't do us any good to cut the phase off days early. Could have voted him out and been jokey and simply looked like everyone else.

Hal, what can you tell me about your role? I echo others sentiment that it's odd to have two Doctor roles if the mafia use poison. You would only be useful to protect people from Birdstrike (some sort of multi-vig town?) making bad calls? Or hindering him making good calls.

Worst case I think we should no lynch to extend the game as much as possible.

Let's push this day phase as long as we can. We have plenty of time to puzzle things through.

Flavor wise I am Magdalene and I use a Yum Heart to protect people. There are no restrictions or anything on my role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMM presumably would have been the one poisoned N1 if the scum only have a poisoner and he posted a ton on D2 and didn't hint anywhere that he had a cold or that anything had happened to him in the night.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Stupid question alert. Hal, do you save people the night they're supposed to die, from anything and everything?

Met's poison doc claim is that he stops poison the night it's administered. The only way I can see both roles working is if town is getting two bites at the apple, that someone can be saved either night, but that implies a really heavily powered scum team, or scum + SK.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm eden

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Stupid question alert. Hal, do you save people the night they're supposed to die, from anything and everything?

Met's poison doc claim is that he stops poison the night it's administered. The only way I can see both roles working is if town is getting two bites at the apple, that someone can be saved either night, but that implies a really heavily powered scum team, or scum + SK.

My role says I can visit people and keep them from dying, no more specifics than that, but it basically looks like your standard doctor role.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

One scum flipped as vanilla so I'm not sure how powerful they can be. Neutral killer makes it work but we haven't had any of those kills (other than a non-standard multi use day and night vig) and imgay claims 3P Survivor.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

There's no SK, there's one poison kill a night and there was one nightvig and guess who's doing the poisoning

(hint: it will be revealed if you ##vote Met)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

There's no SK, there's one poison kill a night and there was one nightvig and guess who's doing the poisoning

(hint: it will be revealed if you ##vote Met)

One mislynch from a scum victory and you're insinuating there was a player who was merely a single-use nightvig when he was clearly more than that.

You're trying to drive things poorly and you're pushing it SUPER hard. This is the second time you've voted me today.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wow, it's like you missed that I was trying to imply that there's no sk or any other nightkill japery going on

it's almost like if I was intentionally trying to mislead players that I'd be very bad at it

(##vote Met)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the :10bux: question: who is the roleblocker?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

wow, it's like you missed that I was trying to imply that there's no sk or any other nightkill japery going on

it's almost like if I was intentionally trying to mislead players that I'd be very bad at it

(##vote Met)

You're going to be really embarrassed if you're town. But somehow I just don't think that's the case. You didn't really do much except joke around until this phase and then went all-in on me during mylo without a real explanation.

I really feel my hunch on imgay but your actions and motivations are super suspect.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
By the way, deadline is at 5am my time tomorrow. Can we extend that to the evening please, SirSamVimes?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry, I forgot to flip the deadline time to PM instead of AM. Fixed.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

imgay (1): Met
Met (1): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus

Not Voting (4): Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, imgay, spacing in vienna

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 28th, 2015 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'll be away a bit today but will be back well before deadline.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Working all day but I have tomorrow off. Might sneak a peak though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

You're going to be really embarrassed if you're town. But somehow I just don't think that's the case. You didn't really do much except joke around until this phase and then went all-in on me during mylo without a real explanation.

I really feel my hunch on imgay but your actions and motivations are super suspect.

You are incredibly defensive for someone with one vote on him.

• Locked thread