Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I thought it would have been me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Is this a sign up?

sure unless you get a couple more people who really want to play or who are new or whatevs

imgay posted:

I don't remember playing any games you've hosted hal

Have you played the game of life, imgay?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Kashuno of course

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Damnit birdstrike I felt Pretty GOod about my vote too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thank god Betrayer is town this game, I feel so much better about everything now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Hey spacing why didn't you vote Kash? Much fun was had, oh how we laughed :holy:

we should probably turbo spacing for this transgression

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I've got a feeling... ##vote DHD

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

You know the thing about a turbo is everyone isn't always on to witness it. So its kind of a moot point

Yes but still...

...it's actually even more that I don't like DHD's jokes, they don't feel natural and he hasn't said anything else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, a scum has been found.

That scum is Hal Incandenza.

I have found this because Hal has made a terrible SCUM SLIP, which I will now reveal to you thusly:

And here you have it.

There is no conceivable way that Hal can know my alignment unless he is scum himself. If he's scum, of course he knows that I'm town. If he's town, he has no idea whether I'm town or scum, so making a post like this is silly and fruitless because I could be scum.

Therefore, I ask you Hal: How do you know that I am not scum?

##vote Hal Incandenza

Xom made me do it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DuckHuntDog posted:

I thought it might be Bird, but today hasn't really convinced me. Hal's case on me seemed fake and I could see him as scum as well. A lot of people haven't been posting all that seriously (or at all), so it is hard to get a good read.

Enough people have posted about me and its gonna be hard to get a decent move on a Friday night that I am fine with it, imo.

How does my case seem fake? EXPAND on your thoughts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DHD since when do you object to comedy turbos?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

I could see 4 scum since one of them flipped vanilla

ludicrous!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

It is a bedtime story.

If anyone else wants to hear a bedtime story let me know but I think I owe Jimson a favour.

I would like to hear it birdstrike!

And I totally get your feelings on having to shoot DHD, I would have shot him too or been unable to live with myself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

man birdstrike you hurt me with this callous behavior

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi birdstrike! I am not a good vote... sorry I have been working like crazy the last few days and it was my birthday so I may have been partying too I dunno. But I am here now.

I have forgotten everything though so let me catch back up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have a bad feeling about imgay but it's hard to put things into words with him since there is never much to work with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met you seem much more hostile than usual this game, why is that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

I guess hal don't like me love you bae

you are my second favorite mafia player

I just don't like your tone this game or something

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike, did you start with that book and was it the source of both your kills? You might have mentioned this but I didn't see it anywhere.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

Eighteen minutes, and we need five to lynch, so.

##vote Gwynplaine

argh this is probably what I'm going to do but it feels pretty random

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met posted:

My computer has been doing some loooong Windows update since I got home. I just opened the phone app to find 19(!) posts and almost deadline!

I advocate lurker vote for a brighter tomorrow.

It's now or never for doing it is about the only reasoning I can come up with for it but oh well ##vote Gwynplaine

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I'm a bit busy today but I will be home tonight. My feel is that spacing is my top scum choice.

Poison Doctor is interesting... I'm a regular doc. I protected myself N1 and last night, and birdstrike N2. That was part of my suspicion of DHD since I thought he'd try to kill me N1 (and his posting was bad too)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ha I missed imgays claim.

I guess if there really is a poisoner it must be him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Don't like mets vote post and not a fan o the convenient "well guess I'm dying tomorrow" bit. I haven't looked back at the flavor but does it indicate poison? Feels weird I would be a doc who could only stop one bird strike kill and nothing else

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met posted:

A flavor PM at the end of the last phase says I'm coming down with a cold and the flavor of my ability references sickness. I assume the Poisoner is Pestilence flavored.

I meant the kill flavor, but now I see they all just say "killed" so that's sort of a dead end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Not necessarily, it is also partially explained by there being no N1 kill.
Tending to believe Met a lot more at this point.

Are you saying that you don't believe me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I'm wary of Poison Doc claims because there is so much potential for good and fun fakeclaiming.
But otoh it explains the lack of N1 scum kill!

Yes but do you think I'm a doctor

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

way to take some solid stances there birdstrike

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could see imgay as a poisoner and met as who knows what alignment poison doctor.

Scum having only a poisoner seems a little hard to buy, especially since I am a regular old doctor and seemingly I could only stop one kill from birdstrike if scum only had a poisoner.

Also it is weird no one has mentioned having a common cold or anything on D2 or D3. It's possible on D3 one of the three dead people could also have been poisoned but that's a weird thing to omit if someone got poisoned on N1.

Also who knows what Vimes did, but in most other games with a poisoner if there were someone who could cure it they could do it the NEXT night and didn't have to be there the same night. Met could be just altering his role a bit and he can save the next night and saved some scumbro who got poisoned N1.

I am still going to go over post histories because that's still what matters, but even if you believe Met's claim that doesn't clear him as town. Also survivor with no other powers is pretty rough in a game with as many kills as we seem to have here so imgay's claim is very suspect to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ridiculous concept: Met comes up with poison doctor because he is the poisoner. He knows he can fakeclaim poison doctor because it's a ridiculous role for this small of a setup with other nightkills available.

This also makes at least as much sense as what I just said

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

hal says he a doctor, could be why

yes, this or some other role that we haven't seen yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met posted:

I didn't blow my load out of the blue here. I'm pretty sure I can see my death coming and I revealed everything I knew and my suspicions for what's going on.

As for my targets, Night 1 was Vienna because he wasn't on the Turbo. I don't remember TMM. I think I just liked the cut of his jib that day. I can't easily scroll the thread right now to see what it was. Epsilon Plus was because I thought it would be odd if two Mafia got mod killed on the same day. Felt like a safe bet.

I've already revealed all I got here. I called for not turboing when Kash was at -1 because it doesn't do us any good to cut the phase off days early. Could have voted him out and been jokey and simply looked like everyone else.

Hal, what can you tell me about your role? I echo others sentiment that it's odd to have two Doctor roles if the mafia use poison. You would only be useful to protect people from Birdstrike (some sort of multi-vig town?) making bad calls? Or hindering him making good calls.

Worst case I think we should no lynch to extend the game as much as possible.

Let's push this day phase as long as we can. We have plenty of time to puzzle things through.

Flavor wise I am Magdalene and I use a Yum Heart to protect people. There are no restrictions or anything on my role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMM presumably would have been the one poisoned N1 if the scum only have a poisoner and he posted a ton on D2 and didn't hint anywhere that he had a cold or that anything had happened to him in the night.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

Stupid question alert. Hal, do you save people the night they're supposed to die, from anything and everything?

Met's poison doc claim is that he stops poison the night it's administered. The only way I can see both roles working is if town is getting two bites at the apple, that someone can be saved either night, but that implies a really heavily powered scum team, or scum + SK.

My role says I can visit people and keep them from dying, no more specifics than that, but it basically looks like your standard doctor role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ak I just got home.

Spacing, my read on you was based on a lot of posts that seemed to be sort of helpful without saying much and I just didn't see a lot of consistency coming out of your opinions. I kind of put that towards the back seat today trying to puzzle out the claims.

And now we have the epsilon claim.

Can anyone else confirm being blocked any night? I have received "action successful" every night so far so I know I wasn't blocked.

• Locked thread