Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a Young Gamer who has never seen the word PSX outside of the internet except for a big ad in Playstation Magazine for that weird jumbo PS2 thing that never came out in the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm a Young Gamer who has never seen the word PSX outside of the internet except for a big ad in Playstation Magazine for that weird jumbo PS2 thing that never came out in the States.

Yeah well, doesnt really excuse your racism towards Japan does it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This 30-year-old gamer remembers seeing it called the PSX in GamePro back in the day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Shovel Knight on Vita a good port? I have it on Steam but I haven't played Plague of Shadows yet and it would be cool to have it portable

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I didnt even know that was a Japan thing. I thought it's just what you call it for some reason.

its not a japan thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if im talking about a nes game that was only released in japan, its a famicom game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is Shovel Knight on Vita a good port? I have it on Steam but I haven't played Plague of Shadows yet and it would be cool to have it portable

It's excellent, but if you have the 3DS version it gets te slight edge, comparing the handheld versions. Because of the second screen being the menu which means you don't break up te flow as much fiddling with your loadout mid level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also PSX is what I see in print, and how I would type it. But if I'm talking with someone I say out loud, PS1.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Also PSX is what I see in print, and how I would type it. But if I'm talking with someone I say out loud, PS1.

Same

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Win

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chap stick

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Article naming[edit]
currently named as PSVita TV, the machine had been announced for EU/NA market without Vita in its name. should the article be moved?C933103 (talk) 02:38, 10 June 2014 (UTC)

i was hoping for a years-long wikipedia edit war like the genesis/mega drive but this is all that's there :-(

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the autistics who would refer to the gamecube as the "GCN," out loud.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even as a kid GCN seemed mental.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh i missed this one

quote:

System software license agreement[edit]

Within the system software license agreement for the PS Vita firmware, Sony Computer Entertainment refers to the white device sold in Japan and Asia as "PLAYSTATION®VITA TV", and the black device sold in North America and Europe as "PLAYSTATION®TV". This means that "PlayStation Vita TV" is still the official English name for the device sold in Asia, and that contrary to unconfirmed reports, the brand name "Vita TV" has not been depreciated in favour of "PlayStation TV". --benlisquareT•C•E 05:24, 14 January 2015 (UTC)

but the title refused to change

e:
Hi, I think that you should edit your prevalence of circumcision map to show countries with the majority circumcised versus countries with a minority. I think the way you currently have it is misleading. Everyone with 20-80 percent gets turned red. I can edit it for you if you want. You can contact me at jpolzeng2400@gmail.com.

JP 08/24/14

I don't have a circumcision map. You might have me confused with somebody else. --benlisquareT•C•E 10:49, 25 August 2014 (UTC)

GameCube fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 17, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I got a Playstation at launch and most called it a PSX in print iirc but nobody I knew said "PSX". Early Playstation games were weird and wonderful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I had the Playstation X. Better games than the PS1.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i know i've encountered at least one person who said "GCN"

"gamecube" is two syllables

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Human Grand Prix posted:

I got a Playstation at launch and most called it a PSX in print iirc but nobody I knew said "PSX". Early Playstation games were weird and wonderful.

I had some arena game where you picked up and dropped things like logs on people's heads, it was rad. Also, Jumping Flash was :asoiaf:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NEDM

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I had some arena game where you picked up and dropped things like logs on people's heads, it was rad. Also, Jumping Flash was :asoiaf:

poy poy? poy poy was sick

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

poy poy? poy poy was sick

Oh yeah that's what it was called! Yeah, it owned. It's like some prehistoric Smash Bros.

Just watched this for the nostalgia. Still looks hella fun. I forgot about the little baby guy's voice, he was just asking for a log to the dome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfIQkGz9FC4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Ty. But I checked the GameStop near me and they have the same price for the 16gb that I'm going to pick up after work

It took two clerks 10+ minutes to find this in he back because they had never sold one before and didn't know what it looked like

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I was mostly talking about the wierdos who call it a PSX instead of a PS1

i call it whichever key i end up hitting when im making the post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also no one called it a PlayStation 1 before the ps2 came out. Why would they

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PSX is cooler than saying PS1

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Why did they call it PSX, or OS1 later, instead of just PS.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

As a Millennial I posted:

i know i've encountered at least one person who said "GCN"

"gamecube" is two syllables

What does the N stand for?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why did they call it PSX, or OS1 later, instead of just PS.

To be similar to MSX

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
GameCube Nintendo... That's what I always assumed, but NGC would make more sense if that were the case.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Gamecube no Nintendo

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

i call it whichever key i end up hitting when im making the post

Indeed, I call everything whatever I end up hitting when I'm making the post.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PSX is cooler than saying PS1

This.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think it was called the PSX a while pre-release because they thought the name would work better in the west, but by the time they changed their minds, the gaming press were just running with it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

Indeed, I call everything whatever I end up hitting when I'm making the post.

it seems like youre owning me. but what i mean is i call it either psx or ps1 interchangeably

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

it seems like youre owning me. but what i mean is i call it either psx or ps1 interchangeably

Just having a little fun with the wording of your post.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

Just having a little fun with the wording of your post.

TBH i should stop typing like such a fuckwit. :P

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Psx was more popular to day as a catchall for the system after the PSone and ps2 came out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I called it the PlayStation Piss and the PlayStation Poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I called it the PlayStation Piss and the PlayStation Poo.

Why did you sign your posts out loud?

• Locked thread