Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mulderman posted:

But all that is in the past now because Charlotte stole this chapter.

Don't you mean she.....

.....ran away with this chapter? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Mulderman posted:

This dumb rear end trial still rubs me the wrong way. And I guess being exiled means you still get to run around for a while.
But all that is in the past now because Charlotte stole this chapter.

No Im pretty sure she stole a baby.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
She returned that though. She still has my heart. Running away with it, over water screaming her lungs out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Funny chapter even if I don't think the setup makes sense.

Like the Noble houses and the emperor can't tell this dude to eat a dick sandwich and explain exactly what happened? Really?

It's hard to believe the story in a world where magic can do anything? They'll believe Asta is a demon, but not believe another demon existed? Purge the nobility already.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good Chapter. Faith in Manga is restored

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Fabricated posted:

Purge the nobility already.

Step 1: find someone with Guillotine Magic.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dragonatrix posted:

Step 1: find someone with Guillotine Magic.

Does the Green Mantis Captain have a sister maybe?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mulva posted:

Don't you mean she.....

.....ran away with this chapter? :smug:

God drat I love this manga

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Funny chapter even if I don't think the setup makes sense.

Like the Noble houses and the emperor can't tell this dude to eat a dick sandwich and explain exactly what happened? Really?

It's hard to believe the story in a world where magic can do anything? They'll believe Asta is a demon, but not believe another demon existed? Purge the nobility already.

even if the believe a different demon did things asta is also using demon powers that's uhhhh concerning as gently caress to someone who doesn't know that he's the MC

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Justice-Scale mage dude is right though, the country needs someone to blame. The elves brought destruction then disappeared, people are going to be looking for blood. Unfortunately like everything in this manga it was badly executed. It could have been extended a few chapters with Asta in prison, black bulls planning a revolt and julius negotiating his release.

Nope lets jump into the next arc straight away.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i've said it before and i'll say it again

Black Clover needs to slow down a little. none of these characters have any space to breathe

like my favorite MHA sequence is the dorm room competition, and all my fondest One Piece memories revolve around the crew acting rear end on the ship.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want a slice of life chapter with Charmy and her new wolf friend.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-16/black-clover-franchise-gets-new-novel-centered-on-yuno/.151172

How... How do you write a light novel about such a nothing of a character?:psyduck:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh god.
The series has jumped the shark.
The whole loving joke was that Yuno is the main character of a series ... that isn't black clover.
Writing a series based on him is antithetical to Black Clover.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another good chapter of Black Clover.

Nameless Blue Rose members rule!

https://imgur.com/a/fS8wRg8

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The series of gags here has made up for the Elf arc taking literally like a year and a loving half. Less long arcs, more short arcs thanks

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Someone please remind me what the deal is with Noelle's mother and the demon? I don't remember any connection or mention...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can't remember anything about Black Clover but unlike other can't remember mangas it's sort of a warm fuzzy derp.

That being said I really liked the last two chapters. There were gags, and then there was plot, and Asta not being quite as shonen dumb was good.

Also I do feel like there was some planning ahead but the author just decided to skip ahead to get things moving.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Suspicious Lump posted:

Someone please remind me what the deal is with Noelle's mother and the demon? I don't remember any connection or mention...
I don't remember anything about that either but I am guessing there's some demonic connection and maybe that's the real reason Noelle couldn't control her magic before.

EDIT: note that I forgot what the previous reason given for her lack of control was, if there was one. At this point I only remember Mereoleona.

Mereoleona.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 21, 2019

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!
New Chapter

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/222/page/1

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Chapter;

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/223/page/1

Wait, that's the face thing from Beserk, what the hell?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So gotta ask... What was the point of the whole exile thing if they just allow the Black Bulls to run amok like usual?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there were plenty of reasons to look into this demon poo poo anyway so really the only reasons I can think of for the trial are 1) to introduce that judge guy and 2) to remind the readers that those generic, nameless nobles are bad people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i liekd they brought up the fact the wife also looked the same

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I've just recently gotten into Black Clover and I love how insanely fast the pace is

I mean we were just introduced to the Queen of Heart country in the last chapter, and now Asta has been directly brought to her and will probably have a brief sparring match at least

it just does things so fast and it is so enjoyable reading a manga not wasting a single second in getting to the good poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/229/page/1

Asta is now the beefiest bungus in all of shonen protag history

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, he’s got so much muscle for his overall size that I think it may have replaced some of his organs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't get over how sudden this time skip feels.

Also I hope it turns out Asta is like Machio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSpaS1D6BpU

His shirt is technically ripped open.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

On consideration I think the reason he looks so weird is that they’re drawing him with extra muscle but his proportions haven’t changed. It feels like the only way for the muscle to grow is inward.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can't get over how stupid time-skip Asta looks, lmao

his head literally looks like it's cut and pasted on

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's like he's wearing a muscle suit, lol

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Fabricated posted:

I can't get over how stupid time-skip Asta looks, lmao

his head literally looks like it's cut and pasted on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJb6DMlJ1Y

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

so how many times are they gonna go "here's some new villains - oh no! all these characters can do LITERALLY NOTHING about them! how powerful!"

at least when DBZ fed someone to the new guy you knew who they were and had a reason to care, y'know?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The anime still gets pretty cool OPs as per Pierrot standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMeQeIG_rQg

Edit: lol the loving ED basically spoils everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_exPZjAKg

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 8, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Patware posted:

so how many times are they gonna go "here's some new villains - oh no! all these characters can do LITERALLY NOTHING about them! how powerful!"

at least when DBZ fed someone to the new guy you knew who they were and had a reason to care, y'know?

The story is an absolute mess but the main cast is so good I read it anyways.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I can't stop looking at this, so I also noticed that his pecs are only slightly larger than each of his abs.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Sub Harrison posted:

The story is an absolute mess but the main cast is so good I read it anyways.
I just read it for the rare times the author does downtime chapters like Charlotte's marathon sprint.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

The anime still gets pretty cool OPs as per Pierrot standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMeQeIG_rQg

Edit: lol the loving ED basically spoils everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_exPZjAKg

Always really funny how good the Black Clover openings are with how the actual show looks

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Geez, these last few chapters have been some of the most boring and most generic Shonen manga chapters I have ever read. I like Black Clover because even if it was generic it was always fast paced and it had heart. But this new arc of even strongerer bad guys has absolutely no hook yet... Besides one tied to Yuno, which barely counts.

EDIT: Oh wait the thing with Noelle is there too, I like her. But that's just drowned out by how lovely this "the new bad guys are here and they killed EVERYONE" bit is

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Geez, these last few chapters have been some of the most boring and most generic Shonen manga chapters I have ever read. I like Black Clover because even if it was generic it was always fast paced and it had heart. But this new arc of even strongerer bad guys has absolutely no hook yet... Besides one tied to Yuno, which barely counts.

EDIT: Oh wait the thing with Noelle is there too, I like her. But that's just drowned out by how lovely this "the new bad guys are here and they killed EVERYONE" bit is

New chapter continues this

Might drop it if this keeps going on.