Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weekend Bridges

by Smythe
Today I got my Secret Santa gifts in the mail, from one Husky Dilf. I'm not gonna post the FedEx bags (it was double wrapped?) they came in but these are the contents.

"Be Your Own Bartender. Oh, haha, I get it, cute. This is the saddest recipe book I've ever seen. Every single page is like this:

I like this gift a lot because I feel like the copywriter who made this is a recovering alcoholic who invented an alternative to Alcoholics Anonymous: Drinking Is Joyless Toil (DIJT). I feel like alcoholics can really quit the habit for good if they sat down and put down every drink recipe they've memorized into Wordpad and formatted the list this way. Maybe those who fall off the wagon have to look up recipes online, commit them to memory, and make a new entry.

To be clear, these are gummy bears. They're roughly the size of my fist. In this photo, I have tried to make them look as if they did not come completely loose and the packaging broken in the bag. Despite being a foodstuff, there is no expiration date on these. I suspect the remnants of a peeled off label on the back was what that once was. Bring Your Own Bear. Starting to sense a theme... This is also a pretty good gift because I live next to a baptist church and I can put them up on crucifixes on the lawn between my apartment building and the church. I can maybe make a crown out of pine needles. Update to come maybe?

Ok, I'll admit it, I had no loving clue what any of this was until I opened the card. It appeared to be a Santa face you can hang on your door instead of a wreath, a cloth diaper, and a bib, and I was like "wow, uhhhhhh gross, I am way not into that poo poo and I have no idea why you think I would be?" But then I opened the card:

As it turns out, they're decorations to make your toilet look like Santa. This is what it looks like.

You get to pretend you're making GBS threads and pissing in Santa's mouth. I have no idea what the hole at the top for the hat is. I like this gift a lot too, because now I never, ever, ever have to use the bathroom ever again. I am having all my body's plumbing surgically removed and given as a sacrifice to this monster so that my home will once again be free from evil spirits.

Thank you, Husky Dilf, for the gifts and the thought you spent on them. OK now other people go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

The awseomeness of this cannot be adequately expressed. After the utter disappointment of the Advent Calendar, I'm WAY looking forward to watching the excitement of this thread unfold!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

holy cats, fist sized gummi bears.

that book looks ancient. are there any weird recipes in there that no one drinks anymore?

alnilam

That's the recipe for a manhattan :psyduck:

City of Glompton

I got my santa gift but imgur is being a butt how am I going to share my wonderful santa pictures??

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Afro Doug

my christmas gift to you is to tell you to redo the caulking on your baseboard

City of Glompton

ok, awesome, I got imgur to cooperate so I could share, yay!

I opened up a box and it was full of goodies!

there was a very kind letter from my Santa and I really appreciated it, especially the moment of honesty, which was super nice and appreciated but I am keeping to myself.

a Bad cd and a Good cd...excellent, I will have fun on the drive to work and a reason not to listen to Delilah on the way home

mulling spices, which for I am very excited because it's a timely seasonal reason to drink some wine. also, they made the whole package smell wonderful

delicious byob candy. my mouth is blue now lol

a byob coloring book with byob colored crayons, lmbo. awesome.

hey, I don't recall mentioning it around here, but I actually know how to operate these babies, so excellent choice santa!

cool old tins are very much something I enjoy, so this little guy will feel right at home and will be appreciated.

thank you very much Dope Pope, I am absolutely delighted with your thoughtful present :glomp: merry christmas!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

ol' qhgz does it again :3:

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

what cool presents! congrats, and good job dope pope!

Weekend Bridges

by Smythe

Afro Doug posted:

my christmas gift to you is to tell you to redo the caulking on your baseboard

If my cheap rear end landlord doesn't want to spend the extra 3 dollars for a bottle of 100% silicone instead of sawdust in a bottle of wood glue, then I have no inclination to improve his property. I'm out of this dump in 8 months or less.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

the internet says that my gifts were delivered to my person on tuesday and wednesday so uhhhh i hope nobody stole them off their stoop i guess

alnilam

I got parts of a gift that said they were parts 2 and 3 and i haven't seen part 1 and i don't want to post until i do but it's been over a week :/ is this like the prank where you number the pigs 1 2 and 4?

pig slut lisa

irl is good

alnilam posted:

I got parts of a gift that said they were parts 2 and 3 and i haven't seen part 1 and i don't want to post until i do but it's been over a week :/ is this like the prank where you number the pigs 1 2 and 4?

that;s not me but lol i hope so :D

WindmillSlayer

I have not gotten a gift.

City of Glompton

I'm concerned about presents :ohdear: p

hope everyone gets their packages soon...

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
somewhere amongst the pile of bandages, receipts, and viscera is my santee's tracking number but damned if i can find it. regardless, they should have gotten it by now. it is possible people are not posting their gifts?

update: found it in a file that didn't previously exist, and it was delivered last monday

Qwerinty fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 21, 2015

----------------

CatMotherMilfLover

by Fluffdaddy
my Santee received their gift, but they did post a photo in the original Thread! I'm yet to receive mine.. hoping for a Christmas miracle! 🤔🎄

----------------

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
I shipped mine on the 17th, very late, I am a bad. Because of the distance it probably won't get there till after Christmas :(

Also I haven't gotten mine yet

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
Op, the hole in the top of the Santa hat is for a box of tissues

ScrubLeague

There are very few images in this thread and that makes me a sad yobberino

----------------

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

ScrubLeague posted:

There are very few images in this thread and that makes me a sad yobberino

I think there's a number of people dragging it down by waiting until Christmas to open and post their Christmas presents.

I'm one of them. :devil:

Brexit the Frog

alnilam posted:

haha no the other part is coming, amazon is giving me a Jan 6 estimate which is lame as hell [sorry about that!]

alnilam

Rusty Staub posted:

haha no the other part is coming, amazon is giving me a Jan 6 estimate which is lame as hell [sorry about that!]

haha okay! I'll hold off on posting the rest until it's all in but i like it ty :)

Scaly Haylie

paging nooner to the thread

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Super cool vr goggles for my phone as mentioned in other thread was seriously perfect gift because it's something I wanted but would not buy for myself, very cool and now I feel bad for sending my person something dumb and jokey lol

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dear person I sent my gifts to IUO 20 empty quotes also, these carry a lot of weight, especially in GBS and imp zone where I am considered a forums superstar I hope this helps make up for what I sent

Machai

will nooner's ss please buy him an av

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Machai posted:

will nooner's ss please buy him an av

whats the point, im only going o get banned again :sigh:

Lucavi
this is mega GAY

----------------

Pizzatime

amazed so far. never participate in these cause of hangin in europe tho maybe I should

the unabonger

Qwerinty posted:

somewhere amongst the pile of bandages, receipts, and viscera is my santee's tracking number but damned if i can find it. regardless, they should have gotten it by now. it is possible people are not posting their gifts?

update: found it in a file that didn't previously exist, and it was delivered last monday

I don't check my mail often but I did a couple nights ago and I just wanted to say thanks! Harry Wong is extremely my poo poo, and the book you got me is perfect. I truly do appreciate it!

weird

by zen death robot

QueefLatina posted:

this is mega GAY

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i flunked out posted:

I don't check my mail often but I did a couple nights ago and I just wanted to say thanks! Harry Wong is extremely my poo poo, and the book you got me is perfect. I truly do appreciate it!

my favorite part about finding your gift was walking around downtown getting really high and walking into the first used bookstore i found and asking where the educational section is, and there it is, mint condition, popping out of the bookshelf past all the other books. i had to touch it a few times to make sure it was real.

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Qwerinty posted:

my favorite part about finding your gift was walking around downtown getting really high and walking into the first used bookstore i found and asking where the educational section is, and there it is, mint condition, popping out of the bookshelf past all the other books. i had to touch it a few times to make sure it was real.

That's my favorite Christmas story so far this year

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

the unabonger

Qwerinty posted:

fortuitous @ hell

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Qwerinty posted:

Christmas miracle (:

Budget Prefuse

so here i am relaxing on the second day of christmas when i hear something being thrown against my door. i open it to find a brown package with no address or name on it but it's covered in blood and smells like piss so i'm PRETTY sure it's from my B Y O B secret santa! (squee!)

let's open it up!

o m g it's literal trash. i love trash! this little guy is going to feel right at home among my other empty soda cans (in the trash can)

it's day of the tentacle on a floppy disk. love it! i'm sure you must have searched your attic for at least 5 minutes to find this. what a thoughtful gift.

an old dirty harmonica! i don't recall mentioning it around here, but i have no idea how to play one of these loving things. awesome!

and last but definitely least

it's a used piece of tissue! haha. it's cold so i've definitely got a seasonal reason for using it. too bad you thought of the same thing and used it first!

well that's it. that's everything that was in the box. thank you so much. love the gifts. please stop throwing dead pigeons at my window

no they will not posted:

Cool. added to sig
treasure bear

lol

Afro Doug

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime

floppy disk is labeled upside-down, ugh

• Locked thread