Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

Sagebrush posted:

I'm coming around on Trump over Hilary after reading some of his political positions, finding them to be surprisingly reasonable (e.g. eject illegal immigrants but open up a lot of easy legal immigration paths). And because I really, really don't like the idea of political dynasties. Bush Clinton Clinton Bush Bush [obama obama] Clinton Clinton? gently caress off.

I'm writing in Bernie on the general election regardless, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Paul Ryan

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Still zero idea. Polls suggest Hillary but I have zero certainty in anything this election cycle.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

The real question here is, who isn't going to be president?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
donald trump

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

No one, inshallah

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

Can Hillary bravely follow Obama's sterling effort and lead us through another 8 years of maintaining the status quo? I guess we'll find out!

Aww, look who hates healthcare and being employed.

I'm sure it's hard for you to get up everyday, knowing you live in such a third world hellscape.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Princess Di posted:

Aww, look who hates healthcare and being employed.

Hey guys, did you know that President Obama achieved full employment and made sure that every single person in the United States had access to affordable healthcare???

Oh wait, that's utter bollocks.

:chloe:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

Hey guys, did you know that President Obama achieved full employment and made sure that every single person in the United States had access to affordable healthcare???

Oh wait, that's utter bollocks.

:chloe:

obama also outlawed strawmen forever

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
i wish i had the kind of privilege to be able to think "wow, nothing has gotten better for me since 2008"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Series DD Funding posted:

i wish i had the kind of privilege to be able to think "wow, nothing has gotten better for me since 2008"

That can happen because of underprivilege, like if you were too poor to afford insurance in 2008 and Obamacare just made it so you were fined for that fact.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

considering the fact that since 2008 the rich have had things get far far better for them than anyone else, this is a great way to accuse the underprivileged of being privileged through a liberal erasure of class and wealth inequality

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
like if someone isn't doing well in the status quo and thought obama would change more like he promised and currently hates the establishment (amazingly, this describes a lot of people at the moment! especially young people who have suffered the most under the neoliberal status quo!) i'm not sure your first go-to response should be a smug accusal of privilege whatever that means

considering how much obama promised, there really wasn't much change from the GWB era. the ACA was a payout for insurance corps and he managed to destroy another 2 muslim nations in his own way.

also, if anything has improved for you in the last 8 years, however slight it may be, you are forbidden from criticizing the fact that it has improved far more for those who already have tons of wealth and privilege, or that huge problems still exist? ncie stramwan

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

considering the fact that since 2008 the rich have had things get far far better for them than anyone else

in an extremely misleading way, perhaps. top incomes collapsed during the crash and went back to normal after the economy recovered

The Saurus posted:

the ACA was a payout for insurance corps

such a payout that after the aca individual market opened up insurers lost hundreds of millions of dollars paying claims from the millions of newly insured people

quote:

and he managed to destroy another 2 muslim nations in his own way.

millions killed by obamas inventions, gaddafi and assad. rip

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

in an extremely misleading way, perhaps. top incomes collapsed during the crash and went back to normal after the economy recovered

Just lol

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Won't someone think of the losses in capital gains. :geno:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

:monocle:

quote:

millions killed by obamas inventions, gaddafi and assad. rip

Maybe arming ISIS surrogates in those countries because it was thought they'd be anti-russian wasn't the best idea. This is literally what happened with the Taliban in Afghanistan too, it's not hard to learn. Libya was Clinton pushing behind Obama, though, wasn't it?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the saurus get the gently caress out of the thread about how right i always am you delusional stain on the human species

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
i am the op of this thread wherein I said "probably Shillary"

theretofore, i should be hailed as the correctest of the correct when novembre rolls around

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cams posted:

the saurus get the gently caress out of the thread about how right i always am you delusional stain on the human species

He's got a point that funding/arming rebels to gently caress with Moscow is stupid. We've been doing it for half a century and it constantly blows up in our faces, particularly in the Middle East.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

He's got a point that funding/arming rebels to gently caress with Moscow is stupid. We've been doing it for half a century and it constantly blows up in our faces, particularly in the Middle East.
lol

The Saurus posted:

i am the op of this thread wherein I said "probably Shillary"

theretofore, i should be hailed as the correctest of the correct when novembre rolls around
lol

the saurus you are a loving moron

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Do you... disagree?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Do you... disagree?
with what? that arming rebels in the past was shown to have negative consequences? no i do not disagree.

the way you people discuss foreign policy is so shallow and worthless, the fact that some of you base your worldviews on your perception of global events is hilarious. the saurus is a loving moron who should not be engaged with because he cannot form a coherent rational argument. maybe he can and he's just PRETENDING to be a giant idiot, either way i am not going to discuss something as complex as global politics on an internet forum with that person.

gently caress off the saurus you are an idiot

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cams posted:

with what? that arming rebels in the past was shown to have negative consequences? no i do not disagree.

the way you people discuss foreign policy is so shallow and worthless, the fact that some of you base your worldviews on your perception of global events is hilarious. the saurus is a loving moron who should not be engaged with because he cannot form a coherent rational argument. maybe he can and he's just PRETENDING to be a giant idiot, either way i am not going to discuss something as complex as global politics on an internet forum with that person.

gently caress off the saurus you are an idiot

Drive-bys and namecalling isn't going to elevate the discourse though. The solution is to be an example of the kind of discussion you want to see, or just ignore The Saurus.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Drive-bys and namecalling isn't going to elevate the discourse though. The solution is to be an example of the kind of discussion you want to see, or just ignore The Saurus.
lol the saurus is a loving moron

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cams posted:

lol the saurus is a loving moron

Yeah, but chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

What is in my pocket?

• Locked thread