Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yo, I bought tickets for the 26 and then called the theater and they confirmed its in 70mm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

System Metternich posted:

Are intermissions not a thing anymore in the States? Over here in Germany and Austria they're still commonplace for movies upwards of 2 1/2 hours or so. Or do we have a different undersetanding of "intermission"? Here, longer films are simply interrupted by the cinemas for 10-15 minutes to give audiences the possibility to go to the bathroom or buy some more popcorn.

Do your theaters just not supply people enough popcorn to make it through movies? Here in the good ol US of A we make sure everyone gets a garbage bag full.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ButtWolf posted:

Hell yes 70mm in Oklahoma. I'm.hoping its not a "a ticket is not a guarantee of a seat" situation.

They aren't assigned seats if that's what your saying. It's general admission. Got my tickets and am so stoked!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

It's like watching Deathproof in 70mm...i.e. it's interminable.

This has me super hyped now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Starting to see pictures, ain't ya?" Asked the smiling black ex-union major.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

It's probably a testament to Jennifer Jason Leigh acting the hell out of the part. There were two moments when I was really sympathetic towards her character: the lingering shot on her face after one of the times Ruth hits her in the carriage and when she plays the guitar.

The guitar scene might be my favorite scene in the movie. Her messing up the tune, the song itself, Ruth's reaction to her added lyrics, the way its filmed. All awesome.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I did find myself sympathizing with Daisy as the movie wore on, and I was almost relieved when Channing Tatum showed up to save her, which is immediately undercut by his head exploding in an over the top fashion.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Whole Bloody Affair was never going to happen

It's like wishing for that 5 hour cut of Django that QT mentioned having once.

H8 will have both cuts if I had to guess. Both cuts are done and ready for Blu-Ray basically, whereas The Whole Bloody Affair would take QT going back and editing it the way he wanted it originally or whatever.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I apparently missed the post above mine mentioning it screening. I never realized there was still a copy after the ordered split. The wiki says the one that was screened at the New Beverly was the Cannes one and includes the required French subtitles.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there a poison that makes you throw up blood in way that Ruth does? I found that pretty cartoony/Evil Deadish.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snak posted:

Oh I forgot about that. Yeah I don't think the effects of poisoning were realistic either. They were pretty great though, really got the point across.

It was a wonderful scene haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I still enjoy QTs cameo in Django, even with his awful accent.

• Locked thread