Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

it's not just how wide it is, 70mm anamorphic is 4x bigger than super 35mm as a medium. It's going to look really, really good.

if you wanna see how much 1080p resolves vs 70mm, check this https://i.imgur.com/MgSGL1G.jpg

Modest Mao fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

How big a deal is it that the film is a lot wider? How different an experience is that? You'd think at some point film makers might want more vertical space or framing gets kinda weird.

(That said I know precisely nothing about aspect ratios and such technical stuff)

The ratio itself isn't important per se, just that it's a revival of a ratio that was used by classic great movies, and something this wide hasn't been made in a while. The compositions or framing in the film will be unique to this format because of that.

Also these lenses and the negative size are going to really make for a unique look.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Jean Eric Burn posted:

As someone who actually knows (a little bit) about the format I can't help but laugh at how the actors get that dorky infomercial tone in their voice when I've seen them try to talk up the format to the press this week.

Why?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The other day, I went to the movies but I went to Walgreens beforehand and bought a 1 liter Pepsi and a bag of peanut M&Ms for like $3 or $4 which probably would've cost me at least 3x that had I bought those at the theater, and I snuck them in via the inside pockets of my jacket and no one said a thing to me. I also went to the bathroom before the movie so I didn't have to go throughout the whole thing.

I live in a country where it's illegal for the movie theater to stop you from carrying in food and its so great. Cheap fresh pinapple from a vendor outside, mcdonald's you name it. Local people don't abuse it because they don't know how good they have it. I have no idea how the theaters make money at all.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What about the guy getting ripped to shreds by a dog

What about the 'Mandingo' fight

What about getting whipped

What about killing the Klan members

What about the shootout at the end

What about the shootout in the town in the beginning

What about slaughtering the slave drivers and the blood on the cotton

the movie was violent as all hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I just saw it in MN and for it looked really soft but there were no other issues.

I feel that my opinion of a movie is strongest when the credits roll, and again a week after when I can reflect on it.

• Locked thread