Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hyoooge scumtells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

People read the rules for these?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hope we're all ready to take this country in a new direction!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

we are all posting friends here in the republican party

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

spacing in vienna posted:

Do you have any idea how sad I am that I'm not a dayvig?

Are you not a dayvig? Or is that just what you want Ted Cruz to think? :tinfoil:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

First, tell me: are you Ted Cruz?

You can tell me. I'm a fellow Republican. I hate women and minorities and sure do love me some guns!!!!!

I wish. Then maybe I'd stand a chance of getting elected.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Given that republicans are town in this game, voting someone for acting like Trump is pretty weird.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also ssv we bros and all but you said this in a weirdly stilted way.

Ugh why am I trying to play mafia.

I wonder if we have a serial killer. If so, I am rooting for you, Unnamed Serial Killer. Cut some throats.

Perhaps you should consider running with your sudden desire to actually play the game instead of fighting it. :)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Your mental picture of me at this point should resemble Dr. Strangelove strangling himself, cause that's what's going on over here.

It's actually in character for me to be a horrible failure clouded by the stagnant aroma of loserdom, so at least I'm being authentic.

People keep naming their candidates, or dropping hints (self included). I wonder if that's a bad idea or not. What are your thoughts on the matter?

My thoughts are that it's a bit of a waste. If everyone is assigned a flavour to go with their role, there is no way the scumteam don't have fakeclaim flavours. And then it just becomes an argument about whether or not someone's too important to be a fake flavour.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's basically being this game's jokephase, so no need to be fussed about it not being useful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can't blame him for taking the shot, Trump has made enough threats about going third party that I wouldn't be surprised if he were 3p.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

powers claimed by exakt: daycop, dayvig, triple voter

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

Just wanted to remind you all that I'm a devout Christian.

I trust you then.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am the most devout Christian

imgay posted:

I have to prove I'm the biggest Christian though since I'm not white.

I have to disagree with both of you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly, the only thing I think Exakt may have been being truthful about was the vig.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

Naw, Ekaxt just clowning around, playing you like a puppet.

The mod response to him posting a dayvig action made sense as flavour for a vig in this game. :shrug:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Isn't faking day actions usually against the rules? So the cop and vig actions should both be legit I would think.

Usually, but it's not mentioned in this thread's OP.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova posted:

Logic being that I'm presuming Max isn't scum, and that scum would be salivating at the opportunity to lynch the BP.

I like this. ##vote anarc

I really can not believe that Trump is scum. I could believe that he's a 3p, but not scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova posted:

To be clear, I'm not making a flavor argument. It's based on the assumption that scum BP, even 1 shot, is rare.

My opinion for believing Max isn't scum is flavour-based. My opinion that ANarc is scum is like you said, it's a very opportunistic attempt at knocking out a bp.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

Hmm, my theory was that Exakt was scum Ben Carson but it relied on Spacing being scum too.

Why would Ben Carson be scum?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CapnAndy posted:

As Day 2 of the convention dawns, it turns out that Democrat activists have struck in the night and released video of spacing in vienna speaking in Spanish one time. Can't have any consortin' with brown folks.

spacing in vienna, aka Jeb! Bush, Vanilla and Boring (Town Vanilla) was killed in the night!

It is now Day 2. I think I'll give you until Thursday at, let's say... 8 pm est? Is that good for your silly gentile whatevers-it-is on Christmas Eve?

CapnAndy posted:

It is whenever the Republicans are having their convention, gently caress you, I'm not looking it up. Nobody has won enough delegates, and now there is going to be a floor fight. Except some Democrats have snuck in too, oh no! Also nobody can tell who anyone else is because it's a Mafia game.

Pretty sure the scum are democrats.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote imgay In a game where both the OP and the flip for a nightkill mentioned democrat activists, you're acting like thinking democrats are scum is a slip of some kind. That's really opportunistic and I don't like it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

your vote sounds real oppurtunistic sam you should know i don't read all that stuff

Your posting is looking like you're actually playing this game, so I am going to hold you to those standards. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kind of squinting at someone trying to get rid of a bulletproof with an uncontested flavour claim on the frontrunner.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quick turnaround there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

King Sin posted:

Hell, he's the godfather. He can't even deny it.

##vote sin

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What does that even mean?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are you legitimately using this as an argument?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

King Sin posted:

Who are these guys just showing up and voting me without explanation and without being here at all outside of that? Clearly they are not very classy individuals. I'm just having fun in a slow game and if you think that's scummy then you probably got an F on your report card from the NRA.

Because your posting is scummy. Here are the possibilities.

1. Your accusations on Max are serious. You are making terrible terrible reads with almost no justification.
  2. Your accusations on Max are a joke. You have not made any real reads all this game and you're just posting jokes in an attempt to fit in.

Not to mention the rather omgus-y accusation thrown out at people for voting you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A real vote with no explanation, which is exactly what you said was scummy about the people voting you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Max posted:

This sucks, vote me because I want off this train.

It's a busy time of year.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

Haha he's totally a jester

Trump being a bulletproof jester really would be too perfect for words.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

gently caress it, gonna vote for the scumclaim. If he's a jester, we've just wasted a day.

##vote max

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Max posted:

You can't stump Trump.

Is your job solely to cause as much chaos as possible?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

I would be ok taking another run at Max, as long as we make sure Pmom has the second highest amount of votes.

I actually like the sound of this. It tests the limits of Max's power, with a fallback if it still works.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Vimes how do you feel about King Sin now? I felt like the response to you was pretty townie

Still squinting at him. I don't like that he gave little justification on his vote for Viva, and that was only after he was pressed on it. His joining in on Max feels kind of opportunistic too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd like to vote max with Sin as the second, because I still don't like his posting and PMom has cut the lurking for now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

They were RINOs anyway.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): garthoneeye, imgay, King Sin, Max, PERPETUAL IDIOT, SirSamVimes, VivaNova

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 03rd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Seven people, so we're probably at lylo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So, Max. Are you 3p? I find it difficult to believe there are two undunkable townies.

• Locked thread