Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's 80 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I didn't know there's going to be a sequel to mount & blade. Hopefully sieges are less of a clusterfuck

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh hell yeah they remixed the Superstar Saga battle theme for Paper Jam. I'm even more excited for january 22nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYLQl98orI

.... Oh my god....

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Paper Jam and Fire Emblem Fates are going to make 3DS my most played console for the first half of 2016 for sure.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh yeah also whatever that new bushido blade like game is with the samurai vikings and knights; that looked cool at e3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if star citizen will come out next year.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
it's bannerlord for me too

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I desperately hope that the new Dishonored and Deus Ex games are as good or better than their predecessors, but I have a sinking feeling in my gut it won't be the case.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The website for Chapter 2 of the HoopZ Barkley SaGa still lists an anticipated release date of 2013/early 2014.. sigh.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Cyberpunk 2077.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ragg posted:

Cyberpunk 2077.

:flashfap:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I desperately hope that the new Dishonored and Deus Ex games are as good or better than their predecessors, but I have a sinking feeling in my gut it won't be the case.
New Deus Ex looks like it's sticking very close to the original, and the Dishonored DLC refined the gameplay of the main game which leads me to think they understand how to improve things for the sequel.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I am jacking off as well.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

FactsAreUseless posted:

New Deus Ex looks like it's sticking very close to the original, and the Dishonored DLC refined the gameplay of the main game which leads me to think they understand how to improve things for the sequel.

I didn't play the DLC cuz I felt like the main game was more than enough Dishonored for me. DOn't think I'll be checking out 2 unless its really different.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I also want some more god drat deets on Mirror's Edge 2 and the new Mass Effect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am very excited for Mirror's Edge 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mirror's Edge 2 is an open world game now, which I'm skeptical of. But it also has a cool new Melee combat system where you can pin point strikes to cripple people or kick te guns out of their hands and such. I'm tentatively excited

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm going to be dragging myself out of the comfort of my mom's basement and going to at least 3 gaming events.

Ditto should be finishing up her next game, gonner, by the end of the year too.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Battlefield 5, here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Mirror's Edge 2 is an open world game now, which I'm skeptical of. But it also has a cool new Melee combat system where you can pin point strikes to cripple people or kick te guns out of their hands and such. I'm tentatively excited
As long as climbing around and exploring is still fun it could be good. Getting to work out your own parkour route places instead of having to guess at the exact right one seems fun.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
also, im powerfully pumped for the VR art & sculpting apps like Dreams

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

Open world sounds gross, i was watching some gameplay footage and it looked like the game kept taking away control from the player, but it might just be for the video. I dont know. I'm kinda skeptical, i liked that mirrors edge was kinda linear because it made it easier to keep it momentum

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i think final fantasy explorers will be cool, it looks like monster hunter with final fantasy job systems, which i can easily get behind. also rez VR, and VR in general I am excited for, I feel like an F-zero game might come out of nowhere as well and I'm excited for that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
imagine trying to get to another roof in mirrors edge 2 and you gotta find the right box on each roof that leads you in the proper direction because its not a fun linear game

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's all very good to hear. Is the new deus ex still going to have those dialogue boss encounters, where you could pursuade someone to do something for you? Those were a standout for me, felt really tense and unique. Kind of like, L.A. Noire but good, although it didnt have that lying thing that they didnt end up pulling off.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

As long as climbing around and exploring is still fun it could be good. Getting to work out your own parkour route places instead of having to guess at the exact right one seems fun.

That sounds really hard to pull off. More likely it'll just be one right path that you have to find, idk. Maybe it'll be good but im not counting on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm hoping it has a good time trial mode that you unlock after one thousand cubes or whatever their gay collectible will be.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

IIRC I read an interview where the dev said they were focusing on expanding the gunplay. Sorry.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The melee combat will be some qte crap beloeve. It's a dice game.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

The melee combat will be some qte crap beloeve. It's a dice game.

Dice has just made multi player shooters, why would it have to be some qte crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Dice has just made multi player shooters, why would it have to be some qte crap.

The melee has been increasingly QTE crap in battlefield every time they make a new one and with a Mirrors Edge game being single player and probably with them wanting to find ways to :airquote: add depth to the game, I could see them doing it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Because the most succeasful western action games with melee combat ate basically qte crap

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I guess this game is just gonna be a big steaming pileo f crap. Thanks for raining on my parade.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

My favorite part of mirrors edge was those trials levels. Anytime it slowed down iin the main game it got bad, but when u could like parkour into a guy real fast, take there gun and do like 3 shoots at the other mook and keep running it was okay. Anytime u had to do extended meleeing was kond of bad and the forced shoptong sections like on the boat level were real bad. Anyway it was a good game for 5 bucksm see ya.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume it's going to be a big stinky doodoo so if it sucks rear end I look smart and if it's good I'm pleasantly surprised.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

My favorite part of mirrors edge was those trials levels. Anytime it slowed down iin the main game it got bad, but when u could like parkour into a guy real fast, take there gun and do like 3 shoots at the other mook and keep running it was okay. Anytime u had to do extended meleeing was kond of bad and the forced shoptong sections like on the boat level were real bad. Anyway it was a good game for 5 bucksm see ya.

All I wanted for a sequel was a game of those time trials. The movement is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I guess this game is just gonna be a big steaming pileo f crap. Thanks for raining on my parade.

Id like it 2b good, but the 1st game had a fair nimber of problems and idk if dices focus on like gunplay and opeb world plays to its strengths.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

All I wanted for a sequel was a game of those time trials. The movement is cool

Yeah man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I would have rather had linear levels with multiple routes to the same objective. Also no bottlenecks that required combat to proceed.

• Locked thread