Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Before we begin, please join me in rising for a ten-bell salute to a truly exceptional wrestler, model, and friend, buried far-too-soon.

Thank you.

---

After a whirlwind 7-day tour of England, NXT comes to London for a TakeOver special in the sold-out, 12,500-capacity Wembley Arena! No, it's not the Stadium where Queen played, it's just next to the Stadium where Queen played. Confused me too.

This is a hot card. While, on the surface, it may not seem as awesome as Brooklyn - there's no Sasha, or Jushin Liger, or Blue Pants (that we know of?!) - it does feature the payoffs to feuds that have been building for weeks, from Asuka getting bullied by Emma to Finn getting bullied by Joe to Bayley getting bullied by, uh, everyone. Seems to me like the Performance Center should have a class on how to Be A Star.

NXT Championship Match
Finn Bálor (c) vs Samoa Joe

After Finn & Joe's victory in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, Joe requested a title match from Finn, and Finn seemed more than happy to accept. However, William Regal stopped the match from happening, as he had already planned a Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender to the title. Joe was yanked out by the late Prince Pretty, and wasn't particularly happy about it.

When Baron Corbin interrupted Finn's title match against Apollo Crews, Joe came out to run off Corbin and help Finn. However, he then started to beat down Finn, looking to earn his title match one way or another.

Since then, Joe has knocked Finn out with the Coquina Clutch on like every single episode of NXT TV. Finn does this sorta gross/oddly sexy thing where he drools a bunch to sell it, so it's okay. We'll see if he avoids the same fate tonight.

NXT Women's Championship Match
It's Bayley (c) vs Nia Jax

Bayley's only held the title since August, but has already had multiple successful title defenses - including a *shockingly* watchable match with nuclear heat generator Eva Marie, who had apparently found a kindred spirit in Nia Jax. After Eva lost, Nia Jax announced her intentions with a brutal beatdown on the Assumed-to-Be PSP Champion of the Year And Also Our Hearts. Since then, Nia has, uh, continued her mind games. Let's go Bayley.

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
Dash & Dawson (c) vs Enzo & Cass

Dash & Dawson won their titles in a shocking TV match against The Vaudevillains just one month ago, but not before putting Big Cass in the hospital with leg and knee injuries. Now, Enzo & Cass are back with a shot at the championship - their first since losing to Blake & Murphy at TakeOver: Unstoppable in May.

Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin

Apollo Crews looks to take revenge on Baron Corbin for costing Crews his championship opportunity. Meanwhile, Baron Corbin wants to prove his dominance over all the "rookies" that seek to take the spotlight off of him. After watching Breaking Ground, I'm not sure how much of all this is a work. Corbin's made great strides as a wrestler over the last few months, and I have no doubt Crews will be able to carry him to a great match.

Asuka vs Emma

Since Asuka debuted in September, Dana Brooke and Emma have tried to make her life hell, with, uh, mixed results. I have a feeling I'll need to make another memorial image before tonight is over.

Oh, and this dude is supposed to return tonight. It remains to be seen if he'll be wrestling, but they are one match short of the traditional six that these shows have had.

---

The preshow starts at 7:30 GMT/2:30 EST/11:30 AM PST! Featuring Kyle Edwards (who is this), Renee Young, Lita, and Tom Phillips's Facial Hair.

You can also watch a special one-hour recap show on the Network, if you've missed the last few weeks of NXT TV: http://network.wwe.com/video/v534737283

A reminder for people going to see this live today: (a) we're all jealous of you, and (b) please don't post preshow results in this thread without spoiler tags, since they're likely NXT TV spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

My predictions are Finn, Jax, Enzo & Cass, Corbin, and Asuka.

It's time for Enzo & Cass. If they don't win here, I'm not sure they'll ever get the chance. It doesn't seem quite time to call them up yet, and a title run would inject a spark into a gimmick that has been getting slightly stale.

I was honestly thinking Crews would win his match until I started thinking about it. Presumedly, whoever wins this match becomes the new #1 Contender. I could see Corbin getting it and either losing to Finn or even losing the shot to Sami Zayn somehow. Would be a decent way to get Zayn back in the title picture fast, though I figure he's got to get called up so soon they wouldn't bother putting the belt back on him. I could also see Crews winning and losing to Zayn, or even losing to Finn in a title match, but that doesn't seem as compelling as the faces feuding with #1 rear end in a top hat Baron Corbin.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

working from home and also kind of sick so I just woke up like an hour ago let's go wrassling!!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

If Mojo Rawley ever headlines, or like, participates in any way in a TakeOver, it will be the best/worst GDT of all time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Wait what the gently caress is this set

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Tom should have a matching sparkly suit

also where is Kyle Edwards (whoever that is)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ohhhh maaaaaan this green screen

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

do they do two episodes of breaking ground a week, or was that ad just for a replay?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

That dude had cool hair

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I have reconsidered and I was, in fact, wrong

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. rear end posted:

I JUST GOT HOME WHAT DID I MISS

Tom Phillips

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

RIP EMMA

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Network skippin :ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

THOSE loving SUNGLASSES

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Certified Cool Dude Xavier Woods is watching https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/677218470266826753

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

This building has awful lighting

They've been keeping the crowd lights super down on TakeOvers, but this is more intense than Brooklyn because everything past the floor is just straight up invisible

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

That clothesline loving owned

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

FUUUUCK

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Holy poo poo I just marked out so hard that I had a second of "how the gently caress did she kick out of that" so apparently I'm Byron Saxton now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh come on you can't have Drake, of all people, take a ref bump

That dude is fine

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

THAT loving POP FOR THE ASUKA LOCK

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

YEAAAHHHHHH

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Y'all I never realized how much I wanted to hear a crowd of British people yell HOW YOU DOIN until this very moment

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol dude in the aisle row just did a "call me" gesture during Carmella's entrance

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

you mad you didn't think of this at brooklyn?

I'm saving myself for Enzo thank you very much

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

What'd I miss so far?

best WWE women's match of the year not involving Sasha Banks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Somewhere someone is thinking "man these tag team guys are good, let's move them to Raw and give them a gimmick of being space astronauts from Mars who don't speak English"

I except for the part where they don't talk I'd be pretty into Space Enzo, not gonna lie

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh god Enzo is so tiny please don't hurt him Big Cass (that owned)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh my god Enzo rolling out and the crowd standing up to tell him to go save Cass :3:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Cass nearly took out a crew dude lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress everything

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Also if you're actually mad about the booking of that match and not just marking you're a loving idiot hth

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Did Baron Corbin steal Solomon Crowe's old gear

I don't remember his poo poo being this patchy

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm mad because Enzo and Cass didn't win, but in a marking way.

:yeah:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Corbin isn't attacking Crews, he's attacking a straw-man of all the NXT indie stars :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Are they chanting "gently caress you Corbin"???

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Corbin had good matches with Joe and Rhyno but having him do most of the work while Crews sells injuries was... a bad idea

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Lol this arena has like zero space between the barricade and the ring

Also YEAAAAHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Corbin no-selling that splash :negative:

• Locked thread