Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
The arc kind of makes me wonder if this is (book spoiler) one of Jane's earlier failed attempts at killing Martin that we hear about in the book.

I feel like they did a good job aging Quentin up from the books. It's the same character but instead of learning that magic was real straight out of high school, he had a few years to become so disillusioned that he was planning to sell his Fillory books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I've been liking most of the scenes that don't involve the core plot from the series. Penny teleporting to Japan and the book hunt scene were fun and show that the writers can work well with the world. With the main story, a lot of the changes feel arbitrary. Considering most of the books were from Quentin's perspective they probably wanted to give the other characters more to do earlier on, I guess.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
They created the Djinn, they didnt summon it. Or at least that was the impression I got.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Just because the Beast is aware now doesn't preclude the theory from being true. A lot has happened outside the loops so far. The library is also in a very different state in the books, so its possible that Jane could have gone back and altered stuff further in the past than the frame of what we've seen.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I want to know what the deal with the water spilling out from the mirror world was. The interview says that it's permanent and that he's not a regular next season but they worded that very specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I appreciate that they've confirmed that the timelines keep going after a reset. If they eventually end with the books being the final timeline, that wouldn't affect what happens to the versions of the characters we know.