Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I only know Roger Cross from Dark Matter, so when I saw him in this episode I just thought that it was good to see him getting work after that crashed and burned. I guess my concern was misplaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Yeah, I think by now the characters have all learned that people are garbage and you should never really reveal any secrets unless absolutely necessary, lest some idiot completely gently caress everything up for no reason. It's a good thing too what with the fairies and all.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I mean he hooks up with Elliot but he was wasted on magic booze or something so I'm not sure it was really an active choice or something he'd identify as. Then again its not really my place to say what Quentin is or isn't but I don't recall him ever actually suggesting he was into dudes outside of that night.

Quentin just lacks the self confidence to refuse the human attention that genital contact represents

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

This Harriet section being totally silent is a bold choice but I like it.

The best thing was that it wasn't totally silent, you could hear her footsteps, I'd assume because she'd feel the vibration?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Probably part that and part so that folks didn't think something was off with the broadcast. Goofuses confused by that sequence in Last Jedi aside, it would have been a long segment to run totally silent.

By the way, did anyone catch the ASL for 'Fillory'? I didn't see it spelled out, so I'm curious how they rendered it.

She might have just spelled it out, I don't speak ASL but I'm pretty sure she was spelling out the word "elemental" in one of those scenes.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

If I were a magician and magic went away, I would legit probably just kill myself.

I'd probably just do what Alice was going to do and find a way to get myself hooked up with some kind of demihuman infection. Vampire, werewolf, demonic possession. Honestly, being an empowered immortal in a world of non-magic users sounds like a pretty sweet gig.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Rhyno posted:

NuPenny is clearly a way for OG Penny to get a new body.

Yeah, but will it be through incredible tragedy or will the incredible tragedy be the mind horror of having two souls inhabit one body?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

XboxPants posted:

But 23 was more hosed up than some dead magicians. The entire library was empty, what the hell? And magic is gone, but this time no one even knows why and the quest chain to fix it is broken beyond any conceivable chance of repair. Oh, and by the way, this was all done by the guy that should be fixing things. He's gone full dark side. Even with the beast and Q dead, that universe is gonna take a long rear end time to recover.

Magic was gone because Quentin killed Ember, and now they CAN'T fix it because they stole one of the keys. Which means there's one extra key in timeline 40, although since this is a time-seeing key it might be causally stable and only exist in one incarnation across all timelines.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

developing nuclear weapons with the Crypts street gang

lol

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Whalley posted:

I don't think we'll see Eliot again. Like, it doesn't imitate people, it steals their bodies.

I can't believe I have to wait until next year for this. I'm calling the police.

I mean, alternately we're seeing him right now. This is a god-spawned mistake after all, it might not even be sentient. Like it wasn't jumping between the dude it was in and the chick who was guarding it, even though that apparently could have just given it the power to escape at any time. I'm thinking its more of a thoughtless, powerful force. They said it only wants after all, and what Eliot most wants would probably be to gently caress up the library pretty hard.

With that being said, I have pretty high hopes that next season knocks the amnesia plot on the head almost immediately as demiurge Eliot rounds up the crew to go to war.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Oh poo poo, I forgot that Julia's friend from the alternate universe is still out there, sans mindwipe.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

NowonSA posted:

I kind of wish they'd played out the "Elliot's dead for reals, the baddie told us so" story longer without revealing to the viewer that it isn't true. Still gonna be rough for the characters, but I weirdly think I would have preferred to stew in that idea as an audience member for a few episodes, even though T.V. logic says we're probably getting real Elliot back at the end of the season.

Josh's story had a sweet ending this episode, but I feel like there had to be some easy fixes, the most obvious one being basically the Tinder suggestion only with some detailed pamphlets and whatnot on what they're in for. Bound to be someone who's into it among the general populace who doesn't know magic is real.

There were generally like "magic groupies" in that one episode with the vampire or whatever.

If this poo poo happens like every 30 years is Josh like 50?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Ariza posted:

You must live in a very tiny bubble.

To be fair they could just be like.. under 30?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

My secret is that I don't remember anyone's names regardless and just spend every social interaction figuring out ways that someone can remind me of what I'm supposed to call a given person I've met hundreds of times.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Did I miss something? Josh had to gently caress Margo to stop himself from dying, right? Why can they all not gently caress and/or kill someone and still be fine?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

Alice has a twin who lives in the library basement, called Cassandra. She writes all the life story books and is super old and crazy.

For some reason, Eliot has two separate books describing his life in the library catalogue.

And didn't OG Penny work for the library, just forever and ever after death?

The second one this week. Maybe you missed it?

Whatch it, it's real good.

This post is the one that informed me that there was an extra episode that I could watch, and that means this post is the best post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Fillory is the name of both the world (which includes Loria) and the country.

I assume it's kind of how North America has a country that calls itself America. Like it's probably "the Kingdom of Fillory" and every other country thinks it's some pretentious bullshit.