Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

mastershakeman posted:

I did the same double take Julia did

My wife was extremely confused. "Man they can't get rid of this guy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
That whole mosaic scene was so well done, plus the ending when they remember. I guess we're getting the whole Julia being a demigod storyline this season?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Tiggum posted:

They have to exist because otherwise Quentin couldn't have given the key to Jane and arranged for the letter to reach Margot so she could go get the key back from Jane's body.

Plus the basket of peaches and note was still at the wedding after Margo's trip to get them.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Trevor Hale posted:

My problem with that complaint is that the promise of a queer relationship was never suggested. A Life in a Day was a self-contained story where they hooked up and Q married a woman. And then this season, blowing off Q was Elliot’s largest regret, but Q was shown to move on and fall back in love with Alice.

To think that his death is a betrayal of their relationship, you’d also have to rewrite his reconciliation with Alice and now it’s not a “bury your gays” complaint, it’s a “I wanted my ship” complaint.

I always read it as a polyamory type relationship, where there could have been more for Q/Eliot when they came back, but I think part of the beauty of that episode is that it was vague about their lives during that time.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Rhyno posted:

Quentin literally has a romance with a woman that results in a son during that pocket universe existence. It was definitely polyamory.

I know, I meant I saw it as polyamory the whole time not Q/Eliot hooked up one time before she showed up

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

ThePagey posted:

100% definitely Q's kid, yeah, I will be extremely surprised if he isn't. I was very worried that he and Eliot would hook up during their scene together, though "I think I almost hosed the Dark King" would be a very strong thread title, so overall worth it.

Very good episode overall, I really loving appreciate that the show is willing to let situations be complicated and emotional and actively and (literally) vocally rebukes the unrealistic desire to wrap painful things up neatly with an apology bow.

I was sort of thinking this too, but if he was their kid wouldn't he recognize Eliot? He was basically the kid's second dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Nuggan posted:

Lets hope for one more good musical episode. Todd singing doesn't count.

Apparently there is one, don't worry