Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Also to anyone else who hate watches this and loves the books: any good book recommendations along these lines? I'm half way through Library at Mount Char and enjoying it quite a bit.
I am hate watching the show but have not read the books so I'm not sure how close the recommendation is going to get beyond "also has magic" but Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It also had a television adaptation last year. Seemed pretty decent; it went faster than the book but didn't feel like it lost anything very important.
Book is great and if anyone just wants to watch magic on television you might find this a little more satisfying.

About The Magicians books; are they actually any good or do they just do some decent world building with a pretty terrible actual plot? The comments here are giving me the impression it is the latter but I might just be mixing it up with the ones about the show.

Johnny Joestar posted:

one of the most lovely, unnecessary edgelord things i've ever read in a book
Yeah, stuff like this makes me think I should stick to just hate watching and hoping it magically makes Continuum not cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU