Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The show is just Sy Fy trying to corner the market for floating sex scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

blue squares posted:

The books are more the opposite, really

Yeah if anything the books are fun due to how the tone pokes fun at YA type fiction.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Esmé Bianco is so fine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm waiting for this show to start getting better.

It did have a few good moments such as the Beast scene but the rest of it has so many weaknesses.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Danger posted:

So I was travelling for work and listening to some old Bob Edwards podcasts, as you do, and had the one with Lev Grossman right after Magician's Land came out and Bob asked him about the tv deal and he was like, "Fox bought the rights and they had a fantastic script, then it went nowhere and they reverted to me. Then Syfy got them and they had an ok script...so now we're casting. I'm listed as 'creative consultant' so it pretty much means they can listen then ignore me."

It's a great interview though, he talks a lot about the themes of the book (though they are fairly explicit) and the show really seems to be almost in the face of them.

I guess that would explain why things such as the tone and themes for the TV series feel off.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I think I was the only person to mention Lexx, and I unironically love how loving weird and gross and crazy it gets. It's just that you can't deny that it's oversexed as gently caress.

e: To be clear, I'm not saying being oversexed is a bad thing (it's part of the show's :catdrugs: charm), I was just stating it as a fact. Lexx is probably the most oversexed show I've ever seen and it is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we0ztNZ45dI

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at Penny getting cursed for being a dick.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sy Fy now has a zero g sex scene monopoly

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

holy lol penny with the best line of the show

Penny is basically the best character

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty much sums him up almost all of the time, really. He might be the 'main' character but he generally kinda sucks at most everything, which I think is the point so I give him a pass.

As everyone says, Penny is MVP.

Also hairy chest MVP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Alice is the MVP :colbert: But really it's Penny, Alice has massive tits.

Penny was the hairy chest MVP, Alice was the other chest MVP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zeal posted:

you didn't notice because her costume focused your eyes on her face in this show

This is a good explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Sy Fy is launching a new show about random people in random professions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfR9fdQJsa4

A reality show I would actually want to watch?