Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, Cento products are usually awesome. I buy their canned San Marzano tomatoes, and they have a kick-rear end hot pepper relish for sandwiches (but a scoop can be good for cooking greens, too).

I may have seen anchovies from them, but never 'dines. Shame they're skinless and boneless.

FYI Cook's Illustrated rated King Oscar's anchovies as being superior to Cento's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorman Plamp
Nov 23, 2004
I Craft War
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Beach Cliff sardines are kinda meh overall but the ones in Louisiana Hot Sauce are pretty good

There literally used to be three large sardines I just counted this can 17 small ones

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Chorman Plamp posted:

There literally used to be three large sardines I just counted this can 17 small ones

That's a huge change, and hopefully for the better. Do they taste better?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

about the make a nice dinner of FISHERMANS EGGERS

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i bought cilantro by mistake lol

tastes fine, cooked the eggs too long though

i also add caper, chili flakes, and lemon juice to my mix

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

i bought cilantro by mistake lol

tastes fine, cooked the eggs too long though

i also add caper, chili flakes, and lemon juice to my mix

Ugghh hard to imagine that tasting good. :discourse:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

haha it looks like aliens but it tastes so good lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

haha it looks like aliens but it tastes so good lol

I will take your word for it. :stare:

Chorman Plamp
Nov 23, 2004
I Craft War
Fun Shoe

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's a huge change, and hopefully for the better. Do they taste better?

Yea a lot better I usually just get the fish steaks because I think they tasted better and accidentally ordered the sardines and was pleasantly surprised

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I have seen the way of the sardine and it is good. :coolfish:

I have learned things about the dine market: 1) Do not go to Safeway for dines if you want better than Bumblebee. 2) Grocery Outlet can be a dine goldmine. I found Wild Planet dines for $1.50 that were $3.50 at Safeway. 3) If you live in the Pacific Northwest, buy your KOs at Fred Meyer. They just had a sale with KO Mediterraneans for $2.39 and Tiny Tots for $2.97. I cleaned them out. 4) If Costco has dines, buy them.

Also, almost 110 pages and only one mention of boquerones? Pickled white anchovies are incredible and if you go to Spain and aren't eating like a kilo of them every day you are loving up bad.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

No mods, no masters

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have seen the way of the sardine and it is good. :coolfish:

I have learned things about the dine market: 1) Do not go to Safeway for dines if you want better than Bumblebee. 2) Grocery Outlet can be a dine goldmine. I found Wild Planet dines for $1.50 that were $3.50 at Safeway. 3) If you live in the Pacific Northwest, buy your KOs at Fred Meyer. They just had a sale with KO Mediterraneans for $2.39 and Tiny Tots for $2.97. I cleaned them out. 4) If Costco has dines, buy them.

Also, almost 110 pages and only one mention of boquerones? Pickled white anchovies are incredible and if you go to Spain and aren't eating like a kilo of them every day you are loving up bad.

TinyTots are not worth the extra money. Meds are where it's at.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

TinyTots are not worth the extra money. Meds are where it's at.

:agreed:

There are instances when having more, smaller fish would be preferable, but when I'm eating them over the sink it doesn't matter to me at all.

Also Polar kippered snacks taste like delicious herring jerky without the leathery texture, go eat some immediately.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Yeah polar kippers are the best.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my stupid rear end tried a small piece of bumblebee mackerel before thinking 'hm the can was kinda dented and the lid made a clicking noise when pressed before I opened it' so here's hoping I don't die from botulism

e: it wasn't bulging, I think the seal was broken because the dent was on the pull-tab seam, but lol I don't want to die

snoo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 1, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I read a ton on botulism from when I was paranoid about poisoning myself with my pickled cabbage and from what I remember the giveaway will be an off smell and foam (not fizz)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Borscht time bitches

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Wow this theead really became something. From canned sardines to reluctant acceptance of baltic sprats and now raw oysters. Next step would be what kind of champagne you prefer with your oysters, this is truly a place for goon refinement

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Wow this theead really became something. From canned sardines to reluctant acceptance of baltic sprats and now raw oysters. Next step would be what kind of champagne you prefer with your oysters, this is truly a place for goon refinement

I've always been a gourmand so intolerable that few would believe it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

I've always been a gourmand so intolerable that few would believe it

thanks to gleaning all my culture from video games, I now assume gourmand means fat monster obsessed with frogs

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

thanks to gleaning all my culture from video games, I now assume gourmand means fat monster obsessed with frogs

I like birds

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ducks are delicious.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

bengy81 posted:

Ducks are delicious.

If, and only if, you keep them fed.

Not that I do any of that anymore.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Tim e to celebrate borscht with Russian Dad

https://track4.mixtape.moe/ybnhbc.webm

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I read a ton on botulism from when I was paranoid about poisoning myself with my pickled cabbage and from what I remember the giveaway will be an off smell and foam (not fizz)

I read that it usually wouldn't have any noticeable effects but I'd think fish would start smelling bad if the can was hosed up and air was getting in. rip my rear end

:( I'm not dead yet but I think there's like a few days before I'll be in the clear, it was a small amount and on an empty stomach so I feel like I'd see symptoms sooner rather than later. ughhhhh

don't make my mistake, kids

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you die put me in your will

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Thanks for reminding, I have a can of TJ dines with a lid that pops I need to throw away when I get home.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Veuve Cliquot you goddamned philistines. serve the oysters with mignonette on the side.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I buy Veuve Cliquot when I'm trying to impress some dumb bitch but I just get that one cause they don't talk about it in rap songs very much, I can't tell the difference between any two bottles of wine that cost more than like ten bucks or so. Don't think anyone else really can either apart from a few genetic freaks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ceciltron posted:

Veuve Cliquot you goddamned philistines. serve the oysters with mignonette on the side.

Mignonette is for wimps who can't handle the crisp clean taste of the sea.

It hides funk basically.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Ceciltron posted:

Veuve Cliquot is sub-scrub tier Champagne.

ftfy

EDIT: And I can definitely tell the difference between different Champagne houses.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Then I will drink it alone, more for me.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
just want to let you guys know that this thread made me start eating sardines (i usually buy king oscar) and anchovies.
it also gave me and my dad something to actually talk about b/c he's really into food and recommended me ways to "prepare" them (cracker w/ mustard)
:unsmith:

naem
May 29, 2011

fbsw posted:

just want to let you guys know that this thread made me start eating sardines (i usually buy king oscar) and anchovies.
it also gave me and my dad something to actually talk about b/c he's really into food and recommended me ways to "prepare" them (cracker w/ mustard)
:unsmith:
one of us one of us

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
well hello re-opened thread

I ate some 'dines today and they were good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014