Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I couldn't keep any food down from being waayyyyyyyy too hung over, no joke, until I started thinking about 'dines. No cans of dines at home, but had one KO Mackerel left from my taster. King Oscar's Olive Oil Mackerel is delicious, but needs the Frank's more then the Mediterranean did. I got some actual full fillets in this one as well!

Sardines in some way cured my gut problems.

What can I say thread? You Goons got me hooked. :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Get that Sambal Olek and ditch the filthy Franks

o7 shall report back soon. Definitely trying that cracked pepper dine pack. Sounds sooo good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Grabbed some cracked pepper KO dines, some Sambal Oelek, and Dill & Olive Oil Triscuits.

Sardine heaven. Probably the best dines I've had so far. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence about eating some tiny lil fishies. The Safeway near me has them on sale for $2.50 right now, I should probably pick up a case or 2 as the 4 I bought will not last long enough.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I buy canned oysters from the dollar store and mix em in with my pastas, very tasty.

:frogout:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

get a bit boozy and full of 'dines, and then get pedantic and rilled up about sardines on the internet!!

Already there, tis a good place to be.

So full of dines.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Android Bicyclist posted:

I was watching a video on YouTube about shakshuka and reading this thread talking about fisherman's eggs.

What if....

We combine the two?

Post results plz

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Tried KO Kipper snack on some sourdough bread earlier. Delicious! Super smokey, will buy again.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

October Revolution posted:

Okay so the ""best"" kind I could find at the closest grocery store was the mustard Brunswicks and they were pretty decent. Definitely gonna start searching for the King Oscars tho!

They have a pretty neat product locator on their site

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

375 nerds in ruins

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Sardines have ruined tuna packs for me. Overly fishy meat conglomeration? No thanks, I'll go eat some spines and fins thank you very much.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

withak posted:

That guy needs to lay off the canned tuna. The mercury unbalances the humours.

Dines Dines the magical fruit
The more you eat
The less you get acute mercury poisoning.

I hear that poo poo makes you go insane.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

'Dines for dinner
'Dines for brunch
Hell, I'll have some dines in my lunch

Slatherin' some Sambal Oelek on saltines like jelly then plopping KO pepper 'dines right on top.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

KO Kipper snackers are so god drat good. Stop bickering about poo poo tier brands and pick up The King.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Man I saw 15 new posts in this :coolfish: thread and its all bout FUCKIN RICE?!

Nah son, nah.

Just the other day I convinced a friend of mine, who is a dad, how to be a proper father. The secret is in the holy tin of KO 'dines. He was easily converted. All hail King Oscar, savior and creator of dadhood!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I've never bought a tin of 'dines with any temperature settings, IDK wtf you dads are bickering about

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I just got notification that I was a 1st place winner as well!

My haiku was:
Tuna has mercury
This Sardine? Omega 3
Save Earth and Yourself

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I got a 1st, not grand, prize. My options were a KO apron, gloves, a Royal Taster kit, or a KO deck of cards. Chose the RT kit because, duh, more dines!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I ate some sardines. They were tasty.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I went to a Walmart in freakin' Santa Fe that was supposedly a heaven for KO Mackerel... lies... slander... but all is well, when I got back to my place I had received my Royal Taster package sometime during my trip. Really happy I chose this one, it came with 3 flavors of dines I've never been able to wrangle into my goony fingers. The plastic snap-on dine tin lid will certainly be used and I'm already sporting the KO bottle opener keychain

:coolfish::hf::whatup:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:captainpop:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Finally found a Wallyworld that stocks delicious KO Mackerel, only $2.20 a tin, but no Mediterranean flavor anywhere within 30 miles of me :( I bought a bunch, and a bunch of dines. I then proceeded to break a self-checkout after using 5 different KO coups I'd been saving. The cashier that came to help was pretty impressed with my KO keychain tho :coolfish:

I might have to buy a full rack next time I'm there, these fishies are delicious!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I meant Mediterranean Mackerel. I can find those locally.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Trip report: the KO sardine tin lid is loving amazing.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Sizone posted:

not if you keep eating them because you really don't feel like going grocery shopping

Also some crackers start tasting a bit like death after too long in the ol dusty pantry.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Maybe not the most ringing, but a very daddly one.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I'm down to trade some fishes, but my main contribution for "rarity" would be KO mackerel if there is any interest in that.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Eating some KO kippers slathered in sambal over rice reading goons argue over clam sauce. :coolfish:lyfe is good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Lathespin.gif posted:

Gettin' ready! Debating on a simple marinade for these guys, I'm thinking lime juice, garlic, olive oil, pinch of marjoram, maybe a splash of soy?

Debated filleting them out, but I'm think I'm gonna grill 'em whole, heads and all. If they were perch or something I'd stuff the belly with some lemon and onion slices and a bit of dill, but these guys just don't have much space in there, it's all tail muscle.

The halibut is gettin' lemon, garlic, salt an pepper, and a bit of rosemary :coolfish:

Well, the first round of halibut, anyway- gonna freeze about half for later.

Also I shoulda bought a second can of crab chips, they're halfway gone already

This is seriously beautiful. Incredibly jealous of you CA fresh seafoodhavers.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

And you do not disappoint! Absolutely amazing looking, 10/10 would be jealous of again.

The Snoo posted:

nice 👌👌👌

Lots of KOs on sale!!! The meditterean ones (my favourite flavoured 'dines) were $1.79 a tin. I wanted some KO kipper snax but I got brunswick instead because ???40 cents???

My husband is going to kick my rear end for buying these but idc

Uhhhhh is that all you got? I'd have gotten at least 5 of any 1.79 KO, too good to pass up! Those dines are cheaper than the KO kippers! Screw 5, get a whole pack!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Bertie wanted some of my fish but I told him to get lost, the cheeky little bastard.

How not feed pup?!?!?! At least a lickin of some oils

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Bertie had just had his lunch, he was being greedy <:mad:>

Says the jerk who didn't even give his pup a lick of heavenly oil.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Bardeh posted:

It wasn't tinned fish, I filleted it myself. I love Bertie, but I'm not down with him licking my fishies before I eat them. I do have a tin of dines in the cupboard - when I eat them (tomorrow almost certainly) I will give Bertie a lickins of fishy goodness, and tell him that it's courtesy of BaconCopter from the internet.

Ah, that is quite different then I thought. I guess you're a bit less of a jerk. I was thinkin' you were holding out on the poor lil fella! Deffo give that pup a lick of that tin!!!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

King of Bees posted:

I bought a wee morsel of salmon for grilling today along with some huge rear end shrimps

Do post some pics please1!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Art-dines: the Dadliest Craft
So I'm a starving artist who, thanks to this thread, loves the dine. Not only for its sheer tastiness, but it's cheap protein for my broke rear end... and I also can re-use the tins for art supplies.

Yeah, I've taken to making goofy art dines out of dine tins. Would any of y'all be interested in buying one, if I set up an SA-Mart thread? Father's Day is coming up...

I too am not so affluent at the moment, but drat do I want one of these to hand in my house.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Ferroque posted:

man i like how much fish you get for the double layer KOs for the price at my local market basket (it's like $2) but drat it's a lot of fish to eat in one sitting, where can i get a tin cover

I recommend winning a haiku contest :colbert:

Drunk & Ugly posted:

edit but why is it a dad thing i mean does giving life to the universe give you a taste for small ocean life or just what the gently caress, or do i have to read 71 pages to find out

This is the best threa d in all of GBS, no SA. You are only selling yourself short if you don't read every page of this divine tome.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I shame my tuna eating "FRIENDS" into switching to the Dine Team.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

This one is so good!! I wish I had printed tins (only stacks of KO over here), or I'd hop on this!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

GoDine

The Grab N Go

Slurp N Glurp

Sardine Treat!

When you don't have time to stretch open that can, we've made something great for you, the 'Dine fan!

GoDine, the only tubed fish snack that comes in both boned or boneless varieties!

WARNING: Boned GoDine contains bones and is not actually suitable to be inhaled, drank, or anything involving slurping and glurping. Please chew and consume responsibly. This product is intended for use by the ages Dad and up.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

You did, mine boils water multiple times faster than my stove top.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

SARDINE THREAD!!!!

I was so worried about you... I even made a post in not-GBS about you... how I had longed for your fishy, oily touch.

I've been frying up a buncha mackerel lately, super easy and super tasty. Eat them fishies dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh drat... there's a sardine massacre documented in extensive detail in the first episode of Blue Planet. Not sad, just jealous of their dine eating capabilities.