Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I've been doing it stovetop for convenience for a while. No, it's not the same as when cooked in an oven, but it still results in tasty toasty 'dines and I can do it all start to finish in less time than it takes for ancient, lovely oven to heat up.

Get pan hot, add sardines and let them sizzle in their oil for a minute, add everything else, reduce heat to low, cover for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

ENDURA ON THE 'DINES!!

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I knew about bowfishing, and I knew about slingbows, but I've never seen both at once. Neat.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I cook my fisherman's eggs at 350-375F and it's fine as long as the skillet is preheated.

Getting my lovely old oven to 500F would take over an hour, anyway.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Put the whole cracker in your mouth instead of biting it. Followed by a sardine and squirting dijon mustard straight into your mouth.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Hmm... maybe you could cut down on airborne particles by pouring the 'dine oil down into the sleeve before you start eating.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Sometimes I leave the can out and then fry some eggs in the oil the next morning.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Fishcakes are good, especially when used as a way to use up leftovers.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Leftover rice or potatoes or pasta or anything else starchy.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Would absolutely try, especially with Tapatio or Salsa Verde flavor.

\/\/\/ Yes.

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 29, 2020

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Keith Atherton posted:

Beautiful artwork on those tins

Porthos Guy looks like avatar material.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

About once a year I have a lobster tail, and my usual preparation method is to butterfly it and smoke it over apple wood.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Old Town Blue pattern Corelleware owns.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

it's oscar o'clock

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

don't worry i'm using that plate tomorrow

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Yeah, that's how I drain the oil out.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The Voice of Labor posted:

remember what you're fighting for our there lads

i see old town blue pattern corelle ware

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I didn't post my latest 'dines???

Just King Oscars, but i poo poo myself 30 minutes later from sugar free Tang.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Fartington Butts posted:

That sounds like a stain. Rub some 'dine oil on it.

🤯It works!!

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

cook fried eggs in the 'dine oil

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

You're supposed to dump the contents straight from the can into your mouth while hovering over the kitchen sink.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I tried these yesterday because I ran across them at an imported food store and had never seen them before and they were only $1.

The actual sardines were kind of oddly chewy, but still good because holy poo poo that tomato/carrot sauce was so good. It was so good I had to go grab a piece of bread to make sure I mopped every last bit out of the can. Nicely packed and fully intact fish instead of the slop sometimes seen in cheap brands.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

for some reason i read that post as something that's kind of a spoken word thing at the start of an album, spoken over a killer bassline but no other instruments, right before some trash metal guitar kicks in

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

i'm okay with eating some pretty bad fish products but chicken of the sea is something i'll never touch, the last time i tried some i don't think there was a single intact sardine in the whole can

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Tabasco is very much the "it's good for what it is" of sauces.

Lately I just put this poo poo on everything because even a 136 oz. bottle is cheap and it's just chilis, salt, and garlic instead of being really sugary like the sriracha from the same company.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

That Chicken of the Sea is at least fish shaped, all i got was a meat and bone slurry.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Be aware that a lot of pizza places that have anchovies have incredibly bad anchovies. 90% of the time you're going to end up with something that tastes nothing like fish and everything like pure salt.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

if a bear does show up you can give it salmon

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Lately I've been having oatmeal topped with sardines for breakfast. It's better than it sounds.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Even if you're alone like me, the holiday spirit is in you. Give something, even if it's one tin of food.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Yes, it's literally a plastic bag of fish with the price written on it with a Sharpie in places I've been. Nice in soups.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My local store only has skinless boneless sardines now, for some reason. King Oscars can get pretty cheap on Amazon, though. I usually buy a few 12 packs when the price drops.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Delivery showed up just in time. Almost had to resort to the emergency use only Bumble Bee.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Sometimes I mix it up and use finely shredded potatoes instead of bread.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Canned tuna by itself is okay if it's solid, not chunk, and in oil. Everything else is like eating textured water.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

drat, that wrapper is top tier packaging.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Isn't there something with canned anchovies actually being sprats in some cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If you can't eat bones because of digestive or health issues, I think most stuff in the genre is right out because even the boneless stuff has pinbones.