Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm not sober enough to read that whole link but I thought 'dines were basically cool to eat since they're low-ish on the food chain. Or is that what it's saying?

Being low on the food chain makes them ok from a mercury (and other bio accumulative stuff) perspective, but the fisheries are mostly not run sustainably.

Seafoodwatch.org

If you eat Mediterranean sardines (e.g. King Oscar's pilchards) then you are literally a sea-destroying monster. Pacific sardines are best but they are shut down until June 2016 (which is why they are best). Baltic sardines are barely acceptable if they come from an appropriately-certified operation, which King Oscar's brislings currently don't though his website claims that they will be Any Day Now.

withak fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That guy needs to lay off the canned tuna. The mercury unbalances the humours.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Gross, cheesits

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A sandwich doesn't look right without the flash of red from an onion imo.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
http://sardinegifs.com/

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Just grt a rice cooker eith a brown rice setting

Rice cookers don't have settings.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Overwined posted:

Hmm, I wonder what Anchovy Pesto tastes like...

Anchovies.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm not in the desert or anything but we only get like 15 inches of nonfrozen precip a year. Maybe a creekbed or something.

Fennel DGAF how much rain.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bum the Sad posted:

I'm doing Keto diet right now so I just ate sardines on pork rinds over the sink. I think I have reach peak dad.

Going on a diet is not very dadly.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can a charcoal grill even get to 500deg?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I bet it's the same as mine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think there is very little risk of anyone unknowingly eating a can of fish that has gone bad.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
idgi

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The best crackers are the ones you have on hand.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Some Walgreens have a thing where they are pushing healthy food in the aisle up front where the chips used to be.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You just have to go to a shelf farther back to get chips.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What do worms taste like?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Has a dog ever not enjoyed eating something?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ordered up a mess of pickled fried anchovies with onions tonight.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Whree the heck you order that?!

Gaumenkitzel in Berkeley, California, USA.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

oh poo poo how is their wienersnitzle?

I don't think they have that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah what kind of inhuman monster wouldn't feed that pup.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

why wouldn't they have a breaded deep fried pork chop?

They have that but they call it just schnitzel I guess. It tastes good.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
And sardine-related artwork.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hard mode is no bread & no sink.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone who is being probed requested that I post that anyone who can't scarf a tin over the sink should lose their dad card.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Eat whatever they put in the can.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MetaJew posted:

I mean I followed that recipe and my 30+ year old oven safe dish broke, is what I'm saying.

Obviously wasn't oven-safe.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Be careful.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Eating old, bad-smelling fish: a fine idea.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't know about you guys, but I rely on celebrities for all of my health advice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flagellum posted:

Last week I was shopping at a local store for milk and suddenly this thread came to my mind. I bought a can of sardines (bumblebee skinless-remember I'm very new to this) because I was curious to know why people like them and wanted to try it out. Today I decided it was the time and consumed the whole can with some pasta. I think sardines will be a part of my regular diet. This is a great thread.

Countdown until this guy buys a gross of assorted canned fishes on amazon.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The first fish that everyone catches is a bluegill.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nominations for 2016 Dadliest Handfruit are in and I have early access to how the academy is voting. I just want to let you guys know that Gritty Small Yard Pear is almost neck in neck with Navel Orange With Half Inch Thick Skin. Gonna be a close one!

Depends on how sour the orange is.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

The last revenge of a harried sole, to burst his silvery body on the oven walls, and stink up the joint

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Looks like the infinite circular anchovy/sardine tank that you can walk under at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One time my mom ruined thanksgiving for my uncle when she mashed up the canned cranberry sauce before serving. Apparently it is critical that it be served dogfood-style in the shape of the can, just sliced into discs.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

The only person who commented on my sardines asked me why I didn't mix them with avocado.

Well why didn't you?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's also more efficient, boiling a pot of water over an open flame wastes a lot of energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Homemade kraut is sufficiently dadly IMO.