Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thread was reopened against my wishes and I am not going to maintain the OP.

raton fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raton fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 5, 2017

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Necros posted:

you eat the bones??

good lord

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why should I eat the fishy oils, a human being essay by Sheep Goats

Ok, you are a goon now. At 35 you are old enough that bad eating habits have made the artery hard. The artery is supposed to be soft. This is because the artery that goes around your heart needs to bend. If it doesn't bend it will crack on the inside. Your body will think this is a cut and a clot will form. If the crack is big enough you will get a clot that closes the artery and then all of the heart tissue that lives on that artery's blood will die. It will get replaced by scar tissue which doesn't work. You will either die or no longer be able to walk up stairs without stopping on the landings because your new piece of poo poo heart can't handle it. That is called a heart attack.

What is a good way to fight this? First you can see your doctor and he will give you a tiny cheap pill to take that will control your cholesterol pretty well that is a miracle. Second you can take one 81mg aspirin every day. Third you can exercise. Forth you can consume large quantities of unsaturated fats relative to your other fats.

Your body uses these fats for a lot of things but one thing is making arteries. A fat is a chemical that looks like three snakes biting each others in the heads. The long tail part can be saturated or unsaturated. If it is saturated that means the snake has all of its ribs. This means that it can't suck its own cock because the ribs make it inflexible. If it is unsaturated it has a rib removed so it can suck its own cock. Unsaturated snakes are very flexible.

When it is cold inflexible snakes get even worse. In fact some fats are so saturated that at cool temperatures they are solid, like butter. Other fats stay liquid even when they are very cold because they are so unsaturated, they have had the perfect rib removed so they can most easily suck their own cocks. Fishes live in the cold cold sea but need to have flexible cell walls and arteries for swimming and for complex thought. Therefore their bodies make unsaturated fats. This means we can eat cold water oily fish in volumes that outpace warm furry land animals a lot and it helps us not develop arteriosclerosis and die from a myocardial infarction because our lazy dumb bodies will use these now easily available flexible fats to build cells.

Oh by the way if you over eat your body will crank out a ton of fat. Because it is dumb it will mostly make saturated fat (it stores energy better). If you want health benefits from omega 3 oils you cannot overeat. BTW in this analogy a snake = a fatty acid and when they bite each other's heads they make a fat so don't get confused about acid vs fatty acid vs fat you dumb poo poo.

Ork of Fiction posted:

One way to describe
The unsaturated fats
Snake sucks they own dick

raton fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 21, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You are welcome please tell the people who live longer because of my advice that they owe part of their lives to me and can paypal me money to help repay their moral debts.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tace Vim posted:

tuna is bad? please explain.

Tuna is a large and beautiful apex predator. That alone should make it a rare treat and not cheap poo poo in a can. Its place on the food chain means every pesticide and heavy metal in the sea will concentrate in it like crazy. In addition its uniquely flavored flesh is really suited only to searing or being served rare or raw, boiling it is a sin.

It's also basically straight on the way to extinction. Sardines get fished hard these days too but nothing like tuna.

Don't give money to tuna or there will be no more cool tunas.

raton fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 17, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

So back on topic, is mustard a good addition for avacado 'dines?

Haystack of diced green onion

whoflungpoop posted:

even the freshest seafood smells nasty, i just realized this must be what gay dudes feel like when confronted with even a freshly showered snaz

Unlike the with the slizz you can put lemon juice on sea animals if you're a smell baby

raton fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 17, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Hey OP which fand of green curry mack did you buy im having trouble finding it on amazn

http://www.amazon.com/Pan-Asia-Mackerel-Green-115-Grams/dp/B004XXXSMC

It looks like it's hard to find on Amazon right now so the price is high but it was this one.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Billmac posted:

What is the best deboned deskinned sardines?
It's the 21st century I'm not gonna eat a whole animal bones and all like a loving neanderthal

OK hick.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Necros posted:

i cannot believe you eat the farkin bones. arent you scared youll get kidney stones like cats that eat too much fish meal?

You know the bone doesn't go through the wall of your stomach and lodge in your kidney right it gets digested and sent all over gently caress and if you are gorging on calcium then you could get a stone but most people are deficient anyway so they need the dine bone in them.

What I'm saying is do like Nooner and let lots of animal bones enter you.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

Dude.... DUDE. Do you realize what this means? It's a loving clue. The Reptilian Agenda is right in front of our faces. What is dragging down humanity? Getting fat and eating too much and too poorly. Right there... they designed lipids to look like loving snakes to show us they are in control and causing our demise. HOLY poo poo

The Chinermans propensity to eat a big cube of just fat (like it is normal food) contributes to the snakey eye shape assuredly

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I sure hope that my heart snakes are cold and suck they own dick

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

the popular refrain goes that goons must have no life for all the posting they do, and yet someone out there was waiting, at the ready, to defend the clarity and purity of the cum fish wikipedia article in case of defacement

We should have killed Reddit when we had the chance.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It should be like

"dine dads"

where the letters make a dad moustache in silvery sardine colors on a transparent background.

It looks like tags are 125x30 and up to about 100kb, like this one for the ladiez

raton fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 17, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

gang tags are stupid

I don't want one but w/e

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiEllMtAmpU

raton fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 17, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EB Nulshit posted:

Sheep-Goats you have lived in many places so please tell me what you think would be the coolest places to travel to for a weekend. Assume that I live in NYC. Also, if there's anywhere in the world worth going to if I'm taking a week or two of unpaid time off from work to do it. Thanks!

If you get two weeks go to Southeast Asia and see a Thai island, the temples of Angkor Wat, and maybe another thing (hilltribe trek out of Mae Hong Son). If I could live in one place it would be Bangkok, if I could live in two it'd be NYC and Bangkok. But for a newb Bangkok is difficult to like.

I want to go to Mongolia and ride a horsie some time.

For a weekend trip from NYC IDK. Morocco or one of the formerly dutch Carribean islands if you can find a direct flight. I liked Curacao a lot because it's not all tourism there so they don't give that much of a poo poo about you but I don't think there are direct flights, you have to go through Miami and the only airport worse than that hole for making a transfer is Denver.

Also you should go to Mexico. Mexicans are great and there's a lot to do there and it isn't that hard to find a spot where you'll be safe.

Bardeh posted:

http://gondolierswife.blogspot.co.uk/p/crumbed-butterflied-sardines-sarde.html

You need fresh sardines for this recipe, but if I can find some I'm definitely gonna try it.

You could totally get away with that using Season canned sards. Just drain and pat before doing the breading.

raton fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 18, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raton fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 18, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NmareBfly posted:

someone in the last thead said to get these:
http://www.amazon.com/Mackerel-Fillets-Tom-Yum-Sauce/dp/B00HV3K6IK/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1450476992&sr=1-1

and they were loving tasty but now there are no more @ amazon.

nice and meaty fillets with a tasty spicy sauce that I kinda wanted to drink right out of the tin afterwards but I was vaguely scared of heavy metal poisoning because it came from china so i didnt, this was likely a mistake.

They come from Thailand dumbass, I would have never told you to get canned fish from China unless I was actively trying to kill you.

I went to the Panasia site and it looks like they don't make the Tom Yum or Green Curry flavors any more, just some chili flavor. Sucks.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXz-bIMxzoE

Fag meets dad

2:45 deep style

raton fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 19, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

Ive never cared for sardines or anchovies. is there like a big ol sardine that would change my mind ala ahi tuna vs shiity canned tuna?

King Oscar Mediterranean flavor will let you taste the fish and love the taste of the fish.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Where do you get sardines that still have the heads attached? Like, is there a term for it? I love King Oscar Mediterranean Style sardines and eat them a couple of times a week, but I want something that freaks out my co-workers even more.

Sardines are cool because instead of getting a can of mashed up mystery meat like with most canned fish products, it's actually like eating a fish. But it's still cheap and canned! Amazing!

The hippie grocery or fancy grocery or Asian grocery sometimes has fresh or frozen dines with the heads on. Ask them if they can scale and gut them for you because it's a PITA with little fishes like that.

I've never seen them canned with the head on.

You could do this, like this borderline intolerable and insane wop does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL93zNVowU

raton fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 20, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh no my stinking dad fish is no longer on trend

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Brunswick is an okay dine. I don't mind eating the Bruns, or if I was not white, the B diddy reruns

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BaconCopter posted:

I couldn't keep any food down from being waayyyyyyyy too hung over, no joke, until I started thinking about 'dines. No cans of dines at home, but had one KO Mackerel left from my taster. King Oscar's Olive Oil Mackerel is delicious, but needs the Frank's more then the Mediterranean did. I got some actual full fillets in this one as well!

Sardines in some way cured my gut problems.

What can I say thread? You Goons got me hooked. :coolfish:

Get that Sambal Olek and ditch the filthy Franks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Thump! posted:

What's the best way to fry up a dine, anyways? Is it okay to just toss it on a pan for a few minutes straight from the can orrrrr....????

I'm not a cook and I don't want to burn my kitchen down trying to get some fried dine goodness :ohdear:

From the can get that pan hot (medium high, maybe even high if you're a bold bro) drop in some can oil put that dine in there for 2 min if it's small dine, 3 min if big dine carefully turn over, 2-3 more minutes, put into mouth. Also can broil.

Then can dines are already cooked, you just wanna maillard them up a peench.

raton fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 23, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Did you do the fisherman fish from second post??

Do that first it's real hard to gently caress it up.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

Also don't do his recipe 500 loving degrees lol are you making a pizza or what haha???

use this one and go nuts with the garlic and presley.

http://thingsmybellylikes.com/2013/03/25/fishermans-eggs/

obviously you can add more to it, ive used hot peppers as well in the veggie mix, you could even GO CRAZY and add some curry powder for an ethnic twist!

Do 500 bitch boy

375 is for anemic women

E: Holy poo poo I kinda read that recipie flake the dines how about lol no

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

how about thanks for the OPs but i bet you suck balls at cooking, how about them dines????

How about anyone afraid to put small precooked fish into the five hundo SUCKS

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

hmmmm ok time to cook with the oven, lets see, well the dial goes up to 500 id be a fool to set it to anything less

hmmm the oven goes to 500 obviously that can only be for pizza a hurrr a hurrr

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

lmao the list of things you cook in an oven at 500 is pretty short is your parsley singed when you take it out? how are the eggs like not artery clogging hard? you are wrong but im not going to keep arguing

instead ill make a sardine pizza, dough and sauce from scratch, in janurary and SHOW YOU ALL

im thinking the sauce is going to be garlic, chili flake, anchovy sauce

The time is shorter the fish gets more malliard the parsely is not singed the eggs are perfect with an almost liquid yolk. Go ahead and keep pretending pizza is the only thing you can cook at 500 in an oven. Keep your head in the sand. It's an ugly dumb head.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

I just want to pop in on the cooking temps convo and say I thought telling the noob cook to do fish and eggs at 500 was pretty hilarious. I would like to see pics of this dish cooked this way.

Sheep-Goats maybe your oven doesn't actually reach temp. I recommend getting a little oven thermometer and seeing what temp it actually is cooking at if your 15-minute 500-degree tiny olive-oil-covered-fish don't turn into smoke and carbon during that legit ridiculous cooking process.

You mean the six minutes the dines are in the 500 before they get covered with cold egg?

I'm putting a big glittering 500 in the OP until you dorks try it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

cant wait to get home, get a bit boozy and full of 'dines, watch some eps of jessica jones, and then get pedantic and rilled up about sardines on the internet!!

I'm cooking lamb today bitch lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Jeopardy is on tits girl is back

https://gfycat.com/SkinnyHeavyGlassfrog

She got them dugs on display today wahooooga

E: aw man cutey tits girl lost to robo Hindu skag

raton fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 24, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-9XDajLP8

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Asians eat fish who knew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2mgOjzHbGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM4h4-LYKX8

raton fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 24, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
2nd dadliest dish

Guess what bitch I finished it at 500 degrees that's right bitch howyoulikemenow howyoulikemenow huh howyoulikemenow yeah howyoulikemenow howyoulikemenow

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Eat the slime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm having panna cotta for desert it's not very dadly but I like it hm