Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Only somewhat related by way of aquatic animal in a tin, but I found a can of eels in a sweet soy marinade in my cabinet the other day. Broiled them a bit, tossed them on rice. They were a bit on the mushy side, but I literally have no clue how long they've been in there. Pretty good for a quick meal though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Was passing through a Mexican grocery yesterday and saw these. Was kind of in a hurry so didn't grab any, but any of you fish heads have an opinion before I go back to buy some?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

The Voice of Labor posted:

Let's say a man desired to be self sufficient in dines. What's the smallest, cheapest boat/netting setup that would allow for harvesting of the pilchard bounty?

If you're serious, I think a location might help. The answer would be very different if you were in middle Arizona vs coastal Spain.

I live on the coast of wa, and I'm pretty sure you have to get pretty far out for fish like that, but I can basically yell at the water and get my daily limit of Dungeness

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 8, 2020

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Or just sub riced cauliflower for the starch in any other recipe. Or maybe zucchini noodles or something similar

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Guildenstern Mother posted:

That was my first cat. My mom insisted on buying the extra fancy wet food for him and mixed his dry food with it in an attempt to get him to eat it. He'd just pick out the dry food and the whole thing culminated with her yelling at him in the kitchen "What the gently caress cat, this is the cat food I would eat if I was homeless why do you think you're too good for this"

lol, cats are jerks*

*have a cat. she sucks but is my little baby

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Myron Baloney posted:

mackerel in shoyu/miso

I need this. I do the same thing with tins of Japanese bbq eel every now and then and highly recommend as well. Don't remember any brand off hand unfortunately.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Pickled herring rules. My Norwegian as hell buddy introduced my to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

i own every Bionicle posted:

Pickled herring on top of a dollop of egg salad on a ritz cracker is a Swedish tradition with my family during the holidays or whenever really and it slaps

Must lead to absolutely legendary farts too