Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i shall do a brief post tomorrow along the lines of "stuff you find out about the Deculons" but it won't be a plot-moves-forward major update; WWN's gotten probated due to calling people retards in D&D, and we ain't seen the other two yet. it's good so far though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Ha i saw that. "I'll tell you later if this is good!" JAILCAT.

Also, is what i just did Vis A Vie HEY I KNOW STUFF ABOUT THE DECULONS BECAUSE MY SHEET SAY SO legal? will it net us extra info? or do I need to edit that because I am bad.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
sorry I haven't had a chance to put a post in/read the game thread yet, I'm in the country(TM) atm and internet access is a little spotty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

AcidRonin posted:

Ha i saw that. "I'll tell you later if this is good!" JAILCAT.

Also, is what i just did Vis A Vie HEY I KNOW STUFF ABOUT THE DECULONS BECAUSE MY SHEET SAY SO legal? will it net us extra info? or do I need to edit that because I am bad.

yeah it's cool. you have Peer Nobility so you'll probably know something; you will, however, only automatically know stuff pertaining to, well, being a peer of the nobility. you won't know about their secret sausagemaking facility buried under a disused volcano, but you might know the rough family composition and what their public personas are like

by contrast, bulworth checking out the local news networks will dig up stuff like "they have extensive interests in skull manufacturing", and "they're part of the Council of Six Hundred and Eighty Seven who rule this corner of the planet". it's all different stuff from different approaches.

generally you will only ever automatically know generic stuff and narrative frameworks; actual specific, relevant information like "they're using the adept as an integral part of their gimp mask manufacturing supply chain and won't want to give her up, but we can blackmail them into releasing her by getting evidence of the daughter's dalliance with the rival Clipperton family" will be the result of investigations and skill tests

all of the above examples are, of course, deliberately absurd and not part of the plot of this game.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah it's cool. you have Peer Nobility so you'll probably know something; you will, however, only automatically know stuff pertaining to, well, being a peer of the nobility. you won't know about their secret sausagemaking facility buried under a disused volcano, but you might know the rough family composition and what their public personas are like

by contrast, bulworth checking out the local news networks will dig up stuff like "they have extensive interests in skull manufacturing", and "they're part of the Council of Six Hundred and Eighty Seven who rule this corner of the planet". it's all different stuff from different approaches.

generally you will only ever automatically know generic stuff and narrative frameworks; actual specific, relevant information like "they're using the adept as an integral part of their gimp mask manufacturing supply chain and won't want to give her up, but we can blackmail them into releasing her by getting evidence of the daughter's dalliance with the rival Clipperton family" will be the result of investigations and skill tests

all of the above examples are, of course, deliberately absurd and not part of the plot of this game.

Their holding our VIP In volcanic sausage factory roger.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
we're going to have to hire a team of colour coordinated mercenaries to do eternal battle with THEIR colour coordinated mercenaries over a series of coral pits.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Poor quality mercenaries who cannot hit anybody are a Scarce resource

anyway have some more info on the planet. no dice have so far been rolled

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I haven't had the opportunity to insert it into a post, but I'm thinking that a population that lives mostly on islands probably doesn't have a lot of privately-owned ground-based vehicles. Obviously the wealthy are an exception, but my guess is that whatever road network that exists is mostly used for logistics (commercial transport, restaurant supply, refuse hauling, etc.) and public transport. There must also be a way to get around to the various islands that make up Port Remonstrance; probably air transport is more expensive, water transport is cheaper, and bridges may or may not be practical (but probably exist if for no other reason that the irresistible opportunity for gothic arches and skull encrustations and elaborate gargoyles).

All of this is to boil down to, guys, I'm thinking we probably don't have a car.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you don't have a vehicle, no.

you can go get one though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Uuuuuuuuugh, I've been sitting on that since yesterday, and DJF has to go and update half an hour before I could.

My character doesn't have much to offer in this part of an investigation, but while the more socially adept characters decide where to start I think securing a vehicle should also be a priority so that we can actually reach who we're gonna contact. I have to imagine that flight craft are more common than they otherwise would be on a non-aquatic planet, but I'm cool with getting our own boat too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well i mean this is a city. you can take gondolas, rickshaws, taxis, whatever, and i don't particularly want to spend much time on the acolytes roleplaying waiting for a bus

but yes, a vehicle will probably be of some use, especially if you don't want to rely on gondolas at night

bigger priority for you guys should be working out what information you need, figuring out how to go get it, and then going and getting it. everyone's useful in an investigation, it's not just going out and quizzing people - it's not out of the bounds of plausibility for you to, say, be able to use Security from your warehouse base to see e.g. what the local Enforcers have on the Deculons. plus, as a fairly obvious tech-priest you'll be the recipient of a great deal of inherent respect from people on a planet where everything's rusting, metal is a status symbol, and the technology is greatly overworked

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

acquisition of the flier is a Requisition test; Average (0) for the standard quality flier, Rare (-20) for the assorted paraphernalia to make it a Good quality one. it has no location modifier (urban centre and "technology starved agriworld" cancel each other out), it's +20 for a plausible and sensible acquisition plan, but if you go for the Good one the base availability is still negative so you take a subtlety hit of 2 (tens digit) on successful acquisition. making it more available with Master of Paperwork drops the hit down to 1, but means Eadian will be occupied with this rather than with chatting up nobles.

also where are you going to keep it? you can't exactly park it on the street or on the roof, and while you can keep it in the Munitorium hangars for them to just ignore because it's not on their records, they ain't going to refuel a flier that doesn't exist. you might need to do a bit of record-finessing to get it on maintenance logs but off logistical logs, if you don't have any other ideas.

in terms of finding out social events, Eadian can definitely find something even on a grotesque failure; it's just how good and appropriate an event he manages to find. to determine this would be an Inquiry test, involving going out and chatting to local nobility smallfry - +10 for it being stuff that's not hidden and that people actually want to talk about, +10 for Peer, for +20 in total.

however, he doesn't have Inquiry trained, so he's going at Fel - 20 before modifiers. total difficulty is therefore a straight Fel roll, which is kind of a tricky test. it would be much more achievable if he paired up with someone who is trained to Inquire properly, making the test their Fel + 10 (chatty crowd) + 10 (Peer) + 10 (assist) = Fel + 30 in all

anyway, probably do a small update tomorrow

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Anyone have inquiry trained and wants to look into this with me? I give you the spots to look and you do the data massaging? For roleplaying purposes you agree to help me search?

Great game so far appreciate the gming

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 24, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just posted before catching up in this thread.

-Ignatius has Inquiry trained, and (although he doesn't have it as a trained skill), he's familiar with nobility in a character-background way. He'd be happy to work with Eadian on that.
-I'm thinking our empty warehouse might as well appear to be used for something. Aerospace salvage isn't too bad of a cover? We get a few shitheaps hauled over to our factory floor by surface transport or boat or something, pile them up, we can get one or two fixed up, it'd appear totally reasonable for one to be taking off from... hm, does our warehouse jut out onto the waterfront, or something? Maybe it has a parking lot outside? How unreasonable would it be for that little ship to take off and land in a spot with direct access to our building?

A putative contract with the Munitorium would also provide a reasonable cover story for a number of other purposes: we're not interrogating nobles, we're marketing air transports to the people who can afford them. We're not breaking in to Munitorium computers, we're accessing technical readouts and parts records and so on.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the arvus lighter is VTOL, but occupies about a 9m2 square. your landing pad will need to be at least double that size if you don't want a hair-raising death-defying terrifying experience each time you take off or land (difficult pilot tests)

arranging a "we'll fix up your planes yo" deal with the munitorum will be almost trivial, and will probably make it even easier to acquire your flier depending on how well you do. they have a large backlog and a lack of skilled help. however, you won't have space for a landing pad at your warehouse as things stand. it's just a warehouse with sea and road access. you could, of course, acquire a neighbouring warehouse and level it (the work of about half a week, although you could get it sped up if you let the building corps take away all the building material as a bonus), or just lease a nearby yard (a couple of days to get set up).

land is expensive though and you're operating on short timescales, so as things stand it's a -30 Very Rare test to level the neighbours, or a -20 Rare requisition to get a yard. this represents buying "off the shelf" - if you apply pressure either directly (threats, outright murder) or indirectly (deceit, hiring local gangs to drive them off) to local landowners, availability will skyrocket upwards, heading towards automatic if you have a good enough plan

alternatively, if you don't want to worry about subtlety or security or plausible cover, you could just take the roof off your current warehouse and precariously VTOL in and out.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yesss. Xcom base building minigame.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

as a reminder for inquiry tests, Eadian has:

quote:

Nothing Escapes My Sight: Can spend fate points to automatically pass Awareness or Inquiry tests with DoS equal to Perception bonus.

so if you decide to go fly solo you can just spend fate to progress.

other stuff you might want to consider is as follows:

• if Aperta doesn't fancy going along to chat to the munitorum, there's always tech-use or security for more invasive investigations than Bulworth is currently doing. you may wish to figuratively go use Starbucks' wifi, though. alternatively, you can go out and hit the streets and do some gentle information gathering on subjects of your choice while, say, performing minor repairs - you're not trained, and you've not so much got a Fellowship score as you have autism, but searching for easy info gets a bonus, as does being a helpful tech-adept (especially on this planet)
  • if Bulworth doesn't fancy finding Cisneros' ex-colleagues, he could put the feelers out to the local criminal element (Common Lore: Underworld), go perform surveillance (Scrutiny, depending on how you do it - Stealth for shadowing, which is untrained), or go buy weapon mods and put them on his guns while giggling (Frontier world traits)
  • if Gamma doesn't fancy performing a raid on a fortified office block, she can tag along with anyone else and rely on Awareness or Scrutiny to spot complications, as well as just doing various psykery things; she might also know stuff about the Black Ships should anything actually crop up, but at present it's just, y'know. they're coming.
  • if Ignatius doesn't fancy going to talk to the munitorum about fliers, or going to schmooze nobles with Eadian, he can start making drugs, go requisition other stuff he thinks may be helpful, or pretty much go and do anything that involves talking to people.
  • if Eadian doesn't fancy stalking nobles, he can also go requisition stuff he thinks may be helpful, he can go team up with a Tech-User to find someone he might like to use his Comm Leech on, or he can go help with the munitorum chat with his Scholastic Lore: Bureaucracy and Common Lore: Administratum

loads of you have interrogation but none of you have anyone to interrogate yet. you can all of course also do other things - Logic some codephrases up so your cell can communicate secretly or something - but these are just suggestions to get you thinking

e: this may be obvious, but just to be sure, i should point out that acquiring a message database from the telepathica is pretty valuable to the right (shady) people; it'll probably translate into Influence bonuses

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 24, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

as a reminder for inquiry tests, Eadian has:

so if you decide to go fly solo you can just spend fate to progress.

other stuff you might want to consider is as follows:

• if Aperta doesn't fancy going along to chat to the munitorum, there's always tech-use or security for more invasive investigations than Bulworth is currently doing. you may wish to figuratively go use Starbucks' wifi, though. alternatively, you can go out and hit the streets and do some gentle information gathering on subjects of your choice while, say, performing minor repairs - you're not trained, and you've not so much got a Fellowship score as you have autism, but searching for easy info gets a bonus, as does being a helpful tech-adept (especially on this planet)
  • if Bulworth doesn't fancy finding Cisneros' ex-colleagues, he could put the feelers out to the local criminal element (Common Lore: Underworld), go perform surveillance (Scrutiny, depending on how you do it - Stealth for shadowing, which is untrained), or go buy weapon mods and put them on his guns while giggling (Frontier world traits)
  • if Gamma doesn't fancy performing a raid on a fortified office block, she can tag along with anyone else and rely on Awareness or Scrutiny to spot complications, as well as just doing various psykery things; she might also know stuff about the Black Ships should anything actually crop up, but at present it's just, y'know. they're coming.
  • if Ignatius doesn't fancy going to talk to the munitorum about fliers, or going to schmooze nobles with Eadian, he can start making drugs, go requisition other stuff he thinks may be helpful, or pretty much go and do anything that involves talking to people.
  • if Eadian doesn't fancy stalking nobles, he can also go requisition stuff he thinks may be helpful, he can go team up with a Tech-User to find someone he might like to use his Comm Leech on, or he can go help with the munitorum chat with his Scholastic Lore: Bureaucracy and Common Lore: Administratum

loads of you have interrogation but none of you have anyone to interrogate yet. you can all of course also do other things - Logic some codephrases up so your cell can communicate secretly or something - but these are just suggestions to get you thinking

e: this may be obvious, but just to be sure, i should point out that acquiring a message database from the telepathica is pretty valuable to the right (shady) people; it'll probably translate into Influence bonuses

You joke, but at some point in the near future I am going to be looking for silencers for my guns. Ideally ones that are screw on / screw off so I can put them on before we do spy poo poo. Someone with a shoulder holstered pistol is less conspicuous than someone with a shoulder holstered pistol with a giant can silencer on the front of it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well they're Plentiful, so +20. you could theoretically get the bits you want for +50 and then get Aperta to Trade: Armourer them on. inexplicably, taking kit off a gun is tech use instead. you can install something but not know how to take it off again.

i cannot even conceive of a silencer attachment (as opposed to a complete receiver rebuild) that isn't screw on/screw off (glue??), so assume that's the default, and that you don't need to do a +20 tech use test each time you want to take the things off. there's also no real narrative benefit to catching you out by going "ah-ha! you forgot to take your silencers off!" so just assume the modification has no subtlety penalty and it's on when you want it, off when it's not

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

[*]if Eadian doesn't fancy stalking nobles, he can also go requisition stuff he thinks may be helpful, he can go team up with a Tech-User to find someone he might like to use his Comm Leech on, or he can go help with the munitorum chat with his Scholastic Lore: Bureaucracy and Common Lore: Administratum

Oh but i do fancy stalking nobles..... :getin:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Unless anyone disagrees I think Aperta is going to pursue securing transportation and a place to store it from the Munitorum. With my established friendly relations with them I think I could manage it myself, but if Gamma has nothing better to do she could come with to add weight to the "do this for the Adeptus Astra Telipathica" cover story. Everyone else seems more than adequate to take on the task of getting dirt on our target.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well you can get planes on your own, probably, but as detailed earlier i think you're gonna struggle on the longterm storage space and maintenance, as things currently stand

unless you have a good feeling about spending Aperta's afternoon rolling 10 or under on your req test, i guess

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am envisioning our warehouse as basically the Planetary Express building from Futurama, now. We can VTOL our plane(s) right out the roof. Maybe if need be we can put like, an elevator that raises and lowers a landing pad, beneath a retracting roof? That'd be sweet.

Alternatively, is there such a thing as a seaplane? Because if we have water access out the back, we could just land on the water and then taxi up to the back door/dock area. I bet on a planet like this one, being able to land your aircraft on the water would be A Thing.

Who What Now posted:

Unless anyone disagrees I think Aperta is going to pursue securing transportation and a place to store it from the Munitorum. With my established friendly relations with them I think I could manage it myself, but if Gamma has nothing better to do she could come with to add weight to the "do this for the Adeptus Astra Telipathica" cover story. Everyone else seems more than adequate to take on the task of getting dirt on our target.

What do you think of this modification to your plan, though?

arranging a "we'll fix up your planes yo" deal with the munitorum will be almost trivial, and will probably make it even easier to acquire your flier depending on how well you do.

It's still early days but I'm envisioning what happens once we start stirring up poo poo, and this seems like an opportunity to kill two birds with one ridiculously blocky, unaerodynamic imperial stone: we acquire our own private transport slash combat vehicle, and, we solidify our local cover by putting a warehouse to a warehousy sort of use, which the locals would recognize as normal and not five weird strangers who seem to be hanging out at an empty warehouse for some possibly suspicious reason.

I'll follow your lead on it, though, if you'd rather just procure a craft and be done with that.

Speaking of following leads, I don't have a better idea than what Eadian came up with (go to nobles parties) or what Bulworth's research has come up with (start placing inquiries about Cisneros, to build a dossier on her). If neither of you guys feel like you could use a wingman, Ignatius can certainly head out and start digging up his own stuff; or, with tech use and chym, he can stay at the warehouse and start making fun poo poo to play with, e.g., arsenals, toxics, neurotropics, etc. etc.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I am envisioning our warehouse as basically the Planetary Express building from Futurama, now. We can VTOL our plane(s) right out the roof. Maybe if need be we can put like, an elevator that raises and lowers a landing pad, beneath a retracting roof? That'd be sweet.

perhaps a better way to envision it would be how it has already been vision'd

pad and retracting roof is technically albeit barely feasible as a long term construction vanity project that also flashes a large neon sign saying NON-STANDARD ACTIVITIES TAKING PLACE :siren: HERE :siren:

seaplane is much more a niche thing, even on a water planet. the whole Thing of the Imperium is using standard templates that don't quite work and contorting them to fit; another way of looking at it is that forge + hive worlds that supply fliers to the Imperium at large probably have to deal with like twenty, thirty planets, and how many of them need seaplanes? we're behind on the quotas already so there's no way we're turning manufactorums three and four over to production of seaplanes

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also the guy we're leasing from probably isn't going to approve of us demoing the roof so we can fly planes in and out.

Maybe we could bring in a large flat barge cabled to our dock we could land on?

Edit: Or we could see about getting some sort of pontoon vtol/helicopter we can land in the water. not sure if there is a 40k equivalent though.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 25, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
DJF already went over how seaplanes aren't really viable. He's right that the Imperium is huge about standardized equipment for as many things as they can. That's not to say that this planet could build and produce their own seaplanes, but it seems unlikely because this is a world that is very much integrated into the Imperium, it has tons of in-system travel so it's just easier to use standard tech.

The ship we're going to get is already VTOL capable, and is even capable of leaving and entering atmosphere, although it's not capable of traveling from planet to planet. I mean, I guess technically it could, but it would run out of fuel a fraction of the way there and we would all be dead by the time we got there. But that's not the point. I think actually getting the ship is going to be the easy part, it's where we put it that's the current problem. An sea platform isn't really useful because how do we get back from there? A landing pad is our best bet, and preferably one that isn't our current base, and is actually a little ways away. Doing private cargo/ferry services as a cover is an idea we like, me or probably Ignatius could fly it (we have the same level of training and my AG is only 5 points higher) to keep up appearances, and we could both co-pilot during missions for that sweet, sweet aid bonus.

That still leaves the issue of fuel. How hard would it actually be for me to edit the Munitorum's work orders if I got access to their databases?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

real easy, if you got access. like i say, it's literally just a case of taking your plane off the inventory log and keeping it on the maintenance log. it might be discovered if you anger the munitorum, but generally their records will be such a bureaucratic nightmare anyway that this sort of thing probably happens a lot accidentally. in terms of getting access, there's probably either an air gap or some serious security blocking you from their network, which you can infer from common lore: admech. if you're going to chat with the munitorum anyway then your best bet is probably access from within the building, rather than attempting to do it remotely.

mind you, the munitorum would only be happy to fork over a stream of broken planes and a functional one if you say you're going to fix 'em, and then they'll only be happy to keep with the arrangement if you actually deliver on this - this will likely eat into Aperta's downtime, and maybe Bulworth's as well if he pitches in. saying "can we have some planes so we can open a mid-range taxi service" will probably not go down well, and that may have to be a sideline.

you can, of course, acquire staff, but that comes with its own problems. it may also result in your inquisitor showing up in five weeks' time expecting a rendezvous with Adept Cisneros only to find that you've all completely ignored him and set yourself up as captains of industry instead.

deathsandwich is referring to a sort of floating pontoon that you position outside the warehouse (you back onto the bay), which the arvus can use perfectly fine. it would be an easier solution to the problem of space, but laughably poor when it comes to security. and also the neighbours would complain, possibly impacting subtlety.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Then I definitely think that the current goal should be securing the plane, which I'll try to do by going to the Munitorum's primary facility and gaining access to their server room. I'll make a post after work.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will probably aim for the next proper moving-stuff-forward update on feb 1st

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

perhaps a better way to envision it would be how it has already been vision'd

Well yes, I meant like... after we spent weeks engaging in basebuilding exercises instead of doing our job as a side-quest.

Anyway, OK, I guess my idea of running an aircraft refurbishing workshop is too elaborate and distracting (although I figured we'd just blatantly renege on our agreements with the Munitorium... just stall them for a while, accumulate broken aircraft and parts, and then scarper when our job's done and we all get off planet).

Maybe instead there's a local helipad/mini-airport, probably each island has places like that, and we can just store our craft there and use taxis or whatever between the warehouse and our hangar, or something.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
According to the descriptions of the area, this is very Venice-like as well. We could always req a boat (for the waterways) or a regular vehicle (if we take the land routes) instead of an airplane. We won't be near as showy but I'm sure you can get some sort of luxury boat you can toot around in.

Edit: You could do the munitorium repair scam with ground vehicles just as readily as with aircraft and not have to do severe reconstruction on our warehouse to make the cover fit.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 25, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My reasoning for getting a flier is that if we get a ground vehicle we can't cross water and if we get a boat we can't cross inland. The latter is much less of an issue than the former, of course. I'm cool with getting our own boat, though.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You could always get one now and the other later though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean you could get a boat as well. that's comparatively easy and you can just straight out go and buy one. fliers are pretty much restricted to places which have space for you to park, although if you fancy making a really awkward entrance you can fly in, rappel down, and then have the pilot fly off somewhere else to park and hotfoot it to catch up with the rest of the party

grabbing all this transportation may not strictly be necessary and actually kinda feels like a holdover from Dark Heresy 1.0 behaviour where you're some random mooks with no resources whatsoever who have to count every throne and haggle over taxi fares, but it certainly helps with your cover and having things you can crash into places is always handy.

anyway, as per

also where are you going to keep it? you can't exactly park it on the street or on the roof, and while you can keep it in the Munitorium hangars for them to just ignore because it's not on their records, they ain't going to refuel a flier that doesn't exist. you might need to do a bit of record-finessing to get it on maintenance logs but off logistical logs, if you don't have any other ideas.

the current plan of going and editing munitorum records basically means you get fuel, maintenance and a parking spot, but it'll be about half an hour away from your warehouse by foot, fifteen minutes by other transport. major building works are if you want to have the plane right up close; you'll still get fuel and maintenance, i'm assuming that there's harrassed and overworked engineers that go out and maintain fliers that are actually in use

operating an actual, working plane-fixing business will garner you Influence increases. i can't remember if i mentioned that

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Personally I just think having a getaway jet is rad as poo poo. But, I'm quickly coming to realize probably less practical than it's worth at the moment.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Can we get jetbikes?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do you know any eldar

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Man, this dystopian future setting is extra-dystopian if I can't even get a dang jetbike.

But this thing says there are Imperial jetbikes, too. Although they all seem to be military craft, mostly for space marines, so I can see how we wouldn't have them here.

...I wonder how much heresy it'd be to invent them. Probably a lot of heresy.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
In the 41st 42nd Millenium the Imperium has exactly one functional jetbike left. The Dark Angels own it.

Edit

You could get a bike and then I could put jets on the bike, if you want.

Edit2

I wanna put it to an impromptu vote; who thinks we should stick with getting the VTOL transport and deal with where to put it, and who thinks we should just get a much easier to store speedboat?

Edit3

Or pontoon or whatever counts as basic motorized car equivalent on this planet.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Who What Now posted:

In the 41st 42nd Millenium the Imperium has exactly one functional jetbike left. The Dark Angels own it.

Edit

You could get a bike and then I could put jets on the bike, if you want.

Edit2

I wanna put it to an impromptu vote; who thinks we should stick with getting the VTOL transport and deal with where to put it, and who thinks we should just get a much easier to store speedboat?

Edit3

Or pontoon or whatever counts as basic motorized car equivalent on this planet.

I mean, if our cover involves having a vehicle our "nobles" can respect themselves in, it's probably going to be a speed boat over a pontoon boat. TBQH they would basically be looking for a yacht.

But yeah, I'm of the opinion we need to get a boat and a car. We can always see about getting a crane/winch that can pick up the boat and put it on runners or something so we can pack it away in the warehouse when we're not driving it. Use that as our operational cover and turn the warehouse into a psuedo dry-dock

• Locked thread