Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

1. Anidav
  2. Asphyxious
  3. Beetphyxious
  4. Birdstrike
  5. black_tangled
  6. Brick Dust Otis
  7. EXAKT Science
  8. Freudian Slip
  9. Gwynplaine
  10. HiipFire
  11. iajanus
  12. imgay
  13. Infinitum
  14. Kashuno
  15. Mithranderp
  16. MysticalMachineGun
  17. Seagull
  18. SirSamVimes
  19. Small Keating
  20. The Lord of Hats
  21. Those On My Left
  22. tithin
  23. Zetsubou-san

====================//====================

DAY 1 SCHEDULE: 48-hour day and 24-hour night.
Now switched to 24-hour day and 24-hour night. May speed up even faster as endgame approaches.

Standard thread opening/deadline time is: 11 AM Brisbane time

Votefinder is the word of DIO in this game, check it to make sure you have the right deadline regardless of timezone!

Standard Mafia rules apply:

* No editing your posts, EVER! Just make a new post if you need to correct something.
* No discussing this game outside the thread, unless your role specifically allows it.
* No faking up mod communication, which includes direct quotes of your role PM. Paraphrasing is okay.
* No toxxes, truth or dare, encryption, or anything else which goes against the spirit of Mafia.
* This game is role madness, but there are no millers and no jesters cause gently caress that.
* This game is playing to hammer! Standard majority lynch rules.
* Please don't purposely post after hammer, or after deadline runs out. The thread may not close right away if modbabby is hungry! Use the honor system!

:pcgaming: PLUS: SPECIAL RULES WORTH NOTING FOR THIS GAME :pcgaming:

* You must have PMs to sign up for this game. Make sure you clear out some space if your inbox is getting full.
* Always check your PMs before making your first post of the day. Failure to do so could get you unwittingly modkilled! A Stand power may have afflicted you with a special condition or challenge during the night.
* A note on action results:
"Successful" means your action was performed without being blocked in any way. It does not guarantee that anything useful happened because of this. (example, if you are a doctor, "success" does not mean that anyone actually tried to kill your target.)
"Unsuccessful" means you have been blocked in some fashion. (example: if you are a vigilante or scum nightkiller, you may have been roleblocked, or your target may have been protected instead)
"Ineffective" is a new special result you may receive in this game. Some characters will be inherently (or temporarily) immune to certain special effects by their very nature. "Ineffective" means you didn't even have to get blocked for it to fail.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Previously! On JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken!

:siren: Click for background music :siren:

100 years ago, the vampire DIO killed everybody and took over the world was sent to the bottom of the sea by Jonathan Joestar. Jonathan's grandson, the wily Joseph Joestar, was killed by the Pillar Men evaded the Joestar curse by living on to a ripe old age. He and Suzi Q had a lovely daughter named Holly, who married a famous musician from Japan. The story now moves to Japan to follow Joseph's grandson Jotaro, who is currently in jail and refusing to leave. He claims to be a danger to others, as he is "posessed" by a mysterious evil spirit...

Welcome to JoJo Mafia! To celebrate the arrival of Stand powers, this time around will be a total role madness game. Every player will have their own unique Stand power, which will vary wildly in usefulness. Some roles are completely made up for this game, others may be plain traditional powers, or only slightly tweaked. Some can be very powerful, while others are more of a joke. I have no idea if it it's really balanced or not. I'm just hoping the results will at least be entertaining.

That said, :siren: the Joestar-aligned Mafia will have lovingly crafted fakeclaims, to try and trick the DIO-aligned town players. :siren: So be warned, and be careful about what to believe!

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 26, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

IN

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In it to gwyn it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I play and I'm American

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I am an American, I am bad at Mafia, this signup is blatantly me just wanting to have a Stand. IN.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hello bif i'll do this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Even speedwagon will sign up!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In to ruin a third jojo game!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

In to ruin a third jojo game!

But you were the best squirrel! :buddy:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hmmm

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Well of course

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Even speedwagon will sign up!

I thought seagull was speedwagon

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Hello friends. I would like to Mafia- but do you think this will wrap up by the 16/17th of Jan?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ready to JoJo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

black_tangled posted:

Hello friends. I would like to Mafia- but do you think this will wrap up by the 16/17th of Jan?

It could easily run that long if things go slowly or get into some kind of stalemate. Or it could explode and have everyone die way too fast. I don't really know!

If you're leaving for a vacation then and would away for the rest of the game, I might be worried. But if you're only away for a couple days I'd say she'll be right, mate.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would like to be both Oingo and Boingo

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hey bif you should make me a catholic

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

hey bif you should make me a catholic

If you roll town, your religion is DIO

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

It could easily run that long if things go slowly or get into some kind of stalemate. Or it could explode and have everyone die way too fast. I don't really know!

If you're leaving for a vacation then and would away for the rest of the game, I might be worried. But if you're only away for a couple days I'd say she'll be right, mate.

It's more that I go back to Uni so might be less available. But not AFK so, probs ok. I tend to die early anyway :)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i'm the dog

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Seagull posted:

i'm the dog

it's actually a wolf

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
faaaaaaaaart

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

If you roll town, your religion is DIO

religion??

no he just meant a guy who really likes cats

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

See? this is the dog.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I do not know how to play mafia games.

Sign me up so I can ruin this game.

I do not see this being a problem.

EDIT: Also my Stand name must be Justin Beiber or One Direction related. This is very important to me.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 19, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
fabulous

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 19, 2015

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

I do not know how to play mafia games.

Sign me up so I can ruin this game.

I do not see this being a problem.

EDIT: Also my Stand name must be Justin Beiber or One Direction related. This is very important to me.

I'm not sure those are the kind of poses JoJo is about.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
I should make clear that my fart was an expression of interest.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guess I should do a bump. I'll start editing in the player list soon once I can be bothered to use my laptop instead of my phone. :v:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
In it to Gwyn it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Bifauxnen

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

This thread really feels like we're getting the band back together

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

This thread really feels like we're getting the band back together

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm the dude in the middle that looks like willus

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Holy poo poo I think that's willus

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

if we're unearthing secret footage of goons, check out this shot of beet

:parrot:

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

if we're unearthing secret footage of goons, check out this shot of beet

:parrot:

Lol

• Locked thread